Home
Posted By: MadMooner Hospital workers here? - 03/22/20
How many Corona patients are in your facilities?

I understand we may see a large wave of critically ill in the coming weeks, but how many are being treated in your facilities today?
I’m not a hospital worker but am in the business of moving people to those facilities. Here in the link to the daily update from WA DOH.

https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/Coronavirus
Posted By: irfubar Re: Hospital workers here? - 03/22/20
I am not a hospital worker, but I know one. She is in housekeeping at a major west coast hospital. Her job is to clean the corana patients rooms. She has no mask.
On her shift they discharged 19 patients when the test results came back negative. Zero positive test at her hospital.
Currently a bunch of empty beds with nurses standing around
Posted By: 1minute Re: Hospital workers here? - 03/22/20
None. There have been 13 tests submitted but no positives. Neighbor is an MD and is busy today hooking up his travel trailer.
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: Hospital workers here? - 03/22/20
Medical personal are some of the real heroes of our country. Movie stars and sports figures need to take notice of what real hero looks and acts like. Hasbeen
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Hospital workers here? - 03/22/20
Thanks for the feedback.

Hoping the hospitals stay relatively empty. Ain’t gonna hold my breath though.

Come on June!
Posted By: irfubar Re: Hospital workers here? - 03/22/20
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Thanks for the feedback.

Hoping the hospitals stay relatively empty. Ain’t gonna hold my breath though.

Come on June!

Agreed Mooner, but empty hospitals will mean they will require bail outs if this goes on.
Elective surgeries have been canceled.
Posted By: hanco Re: Hospital workers here? - 03/22/20
My daughter works in intensive care at Tomball hospital. None there so far.
Posted By: jnyork Re: Hospital workers here? - 03/22/20
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Medical personnel are some of the real heroes of our country. Movie stars and sports figures need to take notice of what real hero looks and acts like. Hasbeen

Absolutely true. These folks risk their lives every time they report for their shift, we should take note of that for future reference.
Posted By: WoodsyAl Re: Hospital workers here? - 03/22/20
I saw a terrifying report that almost 1 in 10 of infected cases in Italy are healthcare workers.
Posted By: smithrjd Re: Hospital workers here? - 03/22/20
Daughter is an ER Nurse at a Hospital in Little Rock. Not going crazy yet, but supplies are in short supply. Wearing masks longer than normal, and reusing gowns. Neural wing has been converted to a Covid ward. Other personnel from other wings are being pulled down to work the ER and Covid wings.
Posted By: hanco Re: Hospital workers here? - 03/22/20
Originally Posted by hanco

Correction

Three cases, one has died. Daughter has to go back Thursday, has been on vacation. She is scared as hell.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Hospital workers here? - 03/22/20
Originally Posted by 1minute
None. There have been 13 tests submitted but no positives. Neighbor is an MD and is busy today hooking up his travel trailer.

Hauling ass to the mountains or beach?.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Hospital workers here? - 03/22/20

Anybody heard from Campfire member DocRocket recently? As I recall he's said that he is a ER doctor.
Daughter in law works the er at a hospital in Lubbock.

So far have not heard of any cases or problems there other than the regular folks that think that it is there just for their use.

Every weekend the same folks show up some for dialysis,something that they should be getting at the center but they are to busy to get there.
They think that when they show up it should be done in 10 minutes.

They had one so called lady of color show up and was just to busy in her life to wait for 15-20 minutes.

She left and was buried the next week.

Then there are those nice folks that slam their hands in the car door to get some pills.

But so far no problems.
Posted By: prplbkrr Re: Hospital workers here? - 03/22/20

Correction

Three cases, one has died. Daughter has to go back Thursday, has been on vacation. She is scared as hell.

Courage is being scared as hell and saddlin' up anyway. You should be beaming proud of her. We need more like her.

Best wishes and God bless.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Hospital workers here? - 03/22/20
Was still posting professional "opinion" the other day, which I was thankful for.

A lot better than "I know a guy who's second cousin works with a lady that told him that........"

Maybe he's been called in?

Geno
Posted By: Morewood Re: Hospital workers here? - 03/22/20
Originally Posted by 1minute
Neighbor is an MD and is busy today hooking up his travel trailer.

That is either comforting or terrifying depending on how you look at it.
My Daughter and son in law are in the medical field.

He is an RN like my Daughter in law.

He is in Waco and so far just normal stuff with a few folks that think they are dying of the bug.

Daughter in head of the radiology dept.

It has been much of the same.

There have been folks with their hair on fire.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Hospital workers here? - 03/22/20
Wife, two Daughters and Sister work at our counties largest hospital. ER, Cancer Center, Lab and Maternity.

35 confirmed cases as of last night and two deaths in the county. 12 have died from season flu. Two covid deaths were elderly.

ER Daughter says its been continuously busy. Too many people though showing up she says that shouldn't be there.
Its the panic effect believes. Large tent now outside ER triaging people who showup for medical care.

Hospital property is on full lockdown. If your family member isn't terminal you aren't getting in. Even then only one person is allowed per terminal patient.
Posted By: okie Re: Hospital workers here? - 03/22/20
Three in Wichita Falls Tx just south of us.

I have two (heroic) daughters one an RN in Temple TX and the youngest is a respiratory therapist in Austin. She is currently treating Covid patients there and training protocols as she had former experience with Ebola when in the Air Force. I pray for these two daily....
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: Hospital workers here? - 03/22/20
Wifey’s an RN. Works as an ER Nurse in Huntington PA, mostly overnight.
This morning she said last night was their first patient who came in symptomatic. She said from viewing the CAT Scan, the doc thought it might be Covid.
The test takes a couple days to get done, so they’re waiting on the results.
It worries me, as she’s had pneumonia, and her lungs are already scarred from that. She told me if she gets it, it’s probably gonna be fatal for her. I sure as heck don’t want to lose her!
7mm
Posted By: Hubert Re: Hospital workers here? - 03/22/20
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Wifey’s an RN. Works as an ER Nurse in Huntington PA, mostly overnight.
This morning she said last night was their first patient who came in symptomatic. She said from viewing the CAT Scan, the doc thought it might be Covid.
The test takes a couple days to get done, so they’re waiting on the results.
It worries me, as she’s had pneumonia, and her lungs are already scarred from that. She told me if she gets it, it’s probably gonna be fatal for her. I sure as heck don’t want to lose her!
7mm

I don't want you to loose her either. been there done that.. I will pray for her..and you.
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: Hospital workers here? - 03/22/20
Thanks. I appreciate it!
7mm
Nephews fiance is a critical care pulmonologist in Nashville. You can not get more front line than that. As of today, she has only 2 patients in intensive care and neither are for covid 19
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Hospital workers here? - 03/22/20
Got a friend that works in the largest hospital in Monroe, La. She said they had one patient die from the virus, have 3 more with the virus, and are waiting on the test results for another. Man that died was 38 yrs old. She doesn't work on the floor where they are quarantined, but they are kept up to date on what's happening.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Hospital workers here? - 03/23/20
Here’s to empty beds and the folks on the front lines of health care and their families.
(Drink)
Let’s hope it’s a practice run for most of us here in the US!
Cousin is over 13 clinics. 300 people were waiting with "symptoms". Cleared out all but 30. He's busier than hell.
Posted By: Blackbat242 Re: Hospital workers here? - 03/23/20
Two nieces are nurses - one more general care (rural Michigan), but the youngest is pediatric emergency & flight nurse (Des Moines, Iowa). She has posted about shortages in protective gear already, and they don't have many cases yet.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Hospital workers here? - 03/23/20
Originally Posted by joken2

Anybody heard from Campfire member DocRocket recently? As I recall he's said that he is a ER doctor.

he has been putting updates on this on FB
© 24hourcampfire