Home
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
lol, well, yes I have paid that much for a single aspirin in cardio ER (TWICE!) , but they brought it to me in it's own little cup. (turned out both times not to be a heart thing, but had all the symptoms)... something about that personal touch, I think, increases the cost.
Walked out of the exam room and across the street to buy a bottle of Tylenol with a 103 fever and pneumonia when the nurse couldn’t tell me what they cost.
They are just in the process of switching over from Winter Grade masks to Spring Grade.

The pipelines are all full of Winter Masks.........it just takes a little time.

No body is making any money. Dont be stupid.
A friend was in for something and was asked if she would like a warmed blanket for her lap.

She thought it was a courtesy. $60, and she didn't get to keep the blanket. It showed up on her bill later.

Don't use ANYTHING you don't have to in hospital. Bring your own, buy it later, or do without if you can. It is all 1000% markup or more.
Got a $10 can of pepsi once.
Have recently done one cataract surgery and am awaiting the second. I've asked everyone from the hospital check in desk to the surgeon, and not one of them can cough up even an approximate estimate. Have Medicare A and Blue Cross/Blue Shield, so I expect it will get into 5 figures.
Originally Posted by 1minute
Have recently done one cataract surgery and am awaiting the second. I've asked everyone from the hospital check in desk to the surgeon, and not one of them can cough up an approximate estimate. Have Medicare A and Blue Cross/Blue Shield, so I expect it will get into 5 figures.

The nurse I asked couldn’t come up with the price of a couple Tylenol’s even after talking to administrators. Lol.

Our healthcare system is beyond fubar.
Newsweek and the need for socialized medicine.

Where the hell do you get a face mask for 58 cents? Especially like those pictured.
Hospitals bend you over!

Originally Posted by 1minute
Have recently done one cataract surgery and am awaiting the second. I've asked everyone from the hospital check in desk to the surgeon, and not one of them can cough up even an approximate estimate. Have Medicare A and Blue Cross/Blue Shield, so I expect it will get into 5 figures.

Two days in the hospital late last summer, no procedures done at all, just lots of testing, total hospital bill over $28k alone, then later on a couple more separate bills came in the mail from doctors that I guess must've peeked through the door as they walked past my room.

When you go to the hospital, always go to the emergency! Tell them your Juan Julio Martinez Alveraze Cameras Rodriquez. You'll get treated and never see a bill!
Not defending the high cost of medical care but consider the cost of that aspirin. Somebody had to write the order for you to get aspirin(your doctor) and somebody had to take off that order from your chart and check to make sure your not allergic, and somebody had to enter that order in the computer and somebody in pharmacy had to fill that order and somehow that aspirin had to get to your unit and somebody had to open that package and to get the aspirin( they are individually wrapped) put it in a medicine cup and take it to you. And yes, somebody had to order those medicine cups and get them to your unit. And somebody had to order and get to your unit those water pitchers that sit at your beside. And somebody gets to come and make your bed, every day. Most of those somebodies don't get paid very well. And the list goes on.
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Newsweek and the need for socialized medicine.

Where the hell do you get a face mask for 58 cents? Especially like those pictured.

From China.
© 24hourcampfire