Home
Here in georgia the hindu gas stations are closing .THE blacks already broke into Walmart for beer and pills .Its going to get bad quick. PLUS they are letting crap loads of prisoners go because its racist that too many blacks are in jail according to Democrats. ITS going to be a mess and that the only way the Democrats could get Trump out of office .He's has put this like fighting a war .ONE DEMONRAT REPORTER said why dont you just let 11 die and not stop the economy. Prayers for everyone and their family through this !
Pull your money out while you can! The banks will limit you to a $5000 withdrawal, so you'll have to hit all the branches in town for a while.
Good thing I topped my tank off last time I was out.
I'll let my money sit at the banks. It's insured by the FDIC----my CDs are safe. What I don't like is that
I took a lower interest rate for that insurance. But the FED is now backing the all the stocker broker's money market accts. They were selling those get a higher interest rate over the banks. Money poured in----I think that if you wanted a higher rate---you should have to pay the piper.
I took a good bit of mine out. I have plenty of ammo!
Holy chit you guys are over reacting! Tap the brakes and stop watching the news for a few days... Daum
If this stuff goes on much longer nobody is going to want to make exchanges with cash.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Pull your money out while you can! The banks will limit you to a $5000 withdrawal, so you'll have to hit all the branches in town for a while.

Fücking retard.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
If this stuff goes on much longer nobody is going to want to make exchanges with cash.

Even early on, before the schools were shutting down, even, I had a cashier ask me to place my $5.00 bill into her register for her before she gave me my change. She wasn't touching cash going into the register.
You might as well shake hands with every person who has handled the cash you get back in change.

I've got money in my wallet that's been there for weeks. I only use my debit card to make purchases and I wear surgical gloves when I work the number pads.

I bought a big box of surgical gloves many years ago to wear when I was refinishing some rifle stocks.

They've proven to be handy.
Gives new meaning to “Filthy Lucre”.

Heeeyyy, Boys, but this is all a hoax, it’s all bullscchitt, right ?

Yeah, right.

Cashiers in our area are wearing latex gloves.
I just talked to a friend that works for a pretty big size banking company in Arkansas he said most inside lobby’s are closing but people can still come in the bank as usual to do business after answering a 4 question questionnaire.All drive thru windows will stay open no matter what throughout!
You might as well shake hands with every person who has handled the cash you get back in change.

I've got money in my wallet that's been there for weeks. I only use my debit card to make purchases and I wear surgical gloves when I work the number pads.

I bought a big box of surgical gloves many years ago to wear when I was refinishing some rifle stocks.

LOL. Same here. Bought a box of them for gun cleaning with solvents (Hoppe's No. 9), but ended up never using them (they tend to tear apart when they come into contact with any sharp steel edges, so it was a waste of time. Still have nearly the whole box. I also have a nearly full box of the N95 masks, which I bought for lawn mowing and for when I clean out the hen house, long before the current mess. My debit card still has about $700.00 on it from what's left of my tax refund. I, too, am reluctant to handle the cash in my wallet. Wasn't early on, but have been for about a week now.
Originally Posted by Buck720
I just talked to a friend that works for a pretty big size banking company in Arkansas he said most inside lobby’s are closing but people can still come in the bank as usual to do business after answering a 4 question questionnaire.All drive thru windows will stay open no matter what throughout!

Same here but no entry, all business regulated to the drive through window.
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Yeah, right.

This lady was too.
Hmmm how could we get people to agree to a cashless society. Credit cards were a good start. But to truly get the sheeple to give up on the idea of cash you’d need something more.

Bingo ! A virus that’s only killed around 25K worldwide ( reports are 16K) and suddenly you have folks scared to handle cash.

I’ll grant you cash is dirty stuff, but the business of living can often be quite dirty.

Now suddenly you have a crisis, let’s not let it go to waste, and the govt outlaws all crypto currency but their own to protect we the people.

Might even outlaw cash transactions for your safety you know

And you’re never ever going to buy or sell a firearm or anything else for that matter without the govt knowing what you’ve been up to.

Heck they’ll even be able to monitor how many rolls of tp you buy.

But it’s for your safety doncha know !

Now just say baaaaa and pay your taxes.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Yeah, right.

This lady was too.

You’re a lady ??

WTF, Hawk ?
Why would they close gas stations??? IMO those should always be 'essential' businesses....
Hahahaha! @Mr.Toot
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Hmmm how could we get people to agree to a cashless society. Credit cards were a good start. But to truly get the sheeple to give up on the idea of cash you’d need something more.

Bingo ! A virus that’s only killed around 25K worldwide ( reports are 16K) and suddenly you have folks scared to handle cash.

I’ll grant you cash is dirty stuff, but the business of living can often be quite dirty.

Now suddenly you have a crisis, let’s not let it go to waste, and the govt outlaws all crypto currency but their own to protect we the people.

Might even outlaw cash transactions for your safety you know

And you’re never ever going to buy or sell a firearm or anything else for that matter without the govt knowing what you’ve been up to.

Heck they’ll even be able to monitor how many rolls of tp you buy.

But it’s for your safety doncha know !

Now just say baaaaa and pay your taxes.

Well, Bitcoin and several other virtual currencies comes to mind, too.

Banks/credit unions are also now just 'drive-up' only... NO lobbies open.

Yeah, right.

This lady was too.

You’re a lady ??

WTF, Hawk ?

Don’t act dumb Old Toot, it’s evident he was referencing the lady he dealt with 🤦🏼‍♂️
Originally Posted by Redneck
Why would they close gas stations??? IMO those should always be 'essential' businesses....

Tell that to the individuals who own them.

You’re a lady ??

WTF, Hawk ?

Try to keep up.

Yeah, right.

This lady was too.

You’re a lady ??

WTF, Hawk ?

Don’t act dumb Old Toot, it’s evident he was referencing the lady he dealt with 🤦🏼‍♂️

I’m well aware of that, legit. I should have put a sarcasm emoji for folks like yourself, I guess.

You’re a lady ??

WTF, Hawk ?

Try to keep up.

You do the same Hawk. Don’t lose your sense of humor.

Banks/credit unions are also now just 'drive-up' only... NO lobbies open.

My bank emailed me last week that they were strictly drive through for the pandemic .
And you must have missed the part where I said they outlaw all crypto currency but their own 🤷🏻‍♂️
It's getting bad here too...............I just saw a man and a buzzard fighting over a road killed possum.
And yes Old Toot, when I join the conversation please realize you have to keep it plain and simple 😂

I just get a bit weary of folks taking shots at TRH on here I guess. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Maybe I’ll become the “new” target for my defense of him 🤷🏻‍♂️😳😱😂
And you must have missed the part where I said they outlaw all crypto currency but their own 🤷🏻‍♂️

They’ll just come up with another crypto method. It’s called technology. People find a way and have since the dawn of commerce.

The mark of the beast type scenario, well, most all bets would be off.

Shut down the Net, all bets off.

Will it come to pass? Sure looks like it’s headed that way and maybe in our kids’ generation.
The one dollar bills are safe, no strippers dead of the covid

Anyone got a farm tank or empty heating oil tank?

With gas showing up under a dollar some places, it is a better deal than TP.
Pick up some octane booster too just in case you let it sit too long
To the OP,

Sounds like time for a cull down there
They are indeed but since someone dumbfuckery saw it on the innernet, probably people lining up to get "their last gas until who knows when" as we type. Just like yesterday here in the Denver area, Mayor announced that pot dispensaries and liquor stores would be closing down, people hustled out and got in line to get their last, only to have the mayor just two hours later drop that order to close them down.

Anything to start a panic.
Originally Posted by TRnCO
They are indeed but since someone dumbfuckery saw it on the innernet, probably people lining up to get "their last gas until who knows when" as we type. Just like yesterday here in the Denver area, Mayor announced that pot dispensaries and liquor stores would be closing down, people hustled out and got in line to get their last, only to have the mayor just two hours later drop that order to close them down.

Anything to start a panic.

I’ll bet that was a scchitt show at the dispensaries and liquor emporiums.
Originally Posted by passport
Holy chit you guys are over reacting! Tap the brakes and stop watching the news for a few days... Daum

*takes off tin foil hat* you’re right, fun while it lasted.
To each his own.
I cashed my last check instead of deposit just to have some cash on hand.
When the teller didn’t have enough hundreds for a 3500$ check.
I went home and filled up my gas, diesel and propane tanks just in case.
Not sure If things are going to get better or worse.
Originally Posted by Dre
To each his own.
I cashed my last check instead of deposit just to have some cash on hand.
When the teller didn’t have enough hundreds for a 3500$ check.
I went home and filled up my gas, diesel and propane tanks just in case.
Not sure If things are going to get better or worse.

That ain’t a bad way to roll under any circumstances, Dre.

Costs are about the same to keep things topped off as opposed to running them on the low side.
Jesus Christ, lets put this into perspective. Some smaller gas stations are closing due to lack of business. No one is out driving and there is no need for gas. There are plenty of bigger ones open and gas is down to $1.60 here. Many banks do not have a drive thru and those branches are being closed. Those with drive thur windows are still open. Our local LE released about 100 prisoners who were being held for minor offenses. Many would have been released as soon as they could appear before a judge anyway and with courts closed there is no reason to hold them. This reduced workload on deputies who have better things to do right now.

Posting BS like this is exactly what causes panic.
Originally Posted by kingston

Fücking retard.

No s hit
It’s funny to me that if you’re prepared sufficiently how it makes it unnecessary to panic.🤷🏻‍♂️

I don’t enjoy panic

So I try to stay prepared

Yeah, right.

This lady was too.

You’re a lady ??

WTF, Hawk ?

His reading comprehension is pretty low
I tried to get salsa and chips from the local Mexican joint. place was closed

this virus is really inconveniencing me now. I had to settle for a pimento cheese sammich
Originally Posted by JamesJr
It's getting bad here too...............I just saw a man and a buzzard fighting over a road killed possum.

I believe you 🤓

I can see you now barreling around town in your dump truck pissing everyone off going to the same banks over and over. Then you’ll get pissed at a road rager and flash your pistola.
Originally Posted by hookeye
The one dollar bills are safe, no strippers dead of the covid

Strippers be like, delivering hot wings and stuff now. Not sure if they get their tips in their garters anymore.

Folks be like, I'm payin for my grub with the wave the phone at the register thingy anyway.

Geno
The banks are still solid. Healthy? No, but far from failing. The US dollar is the most stabile note in the world, still.

If there is rioting in the ghetto, not really my concern. Gun fights have started in the hood for running out of chicken nuggets. It’s normal business.
And yes Old Toot, when I join the conversation please realize you have to keep it plain and simple 😂

I just get a bit weary of folks taking shots at TRH on here I guess. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Maybe I’ll become the “new” target for my defense of him 🤷🏻‍♂️😳😱😂

Are you offering yourself as a target?

Just wait 'till Mr "flave gets back.

Geno
Originally Posted by KFWA

this virus is really inconveniencing me now. I had to settle for a pimento cheese sammich

Real cheese...............or pasteurize, process, cheese food product?

I realize it's hard times and all, but.......

Geno
The sky is falling.....quick to the liquor store!

Believe me when I tell you that Ole TRH can give as good as he takes. TRH can handle himself very well.

Jus sayin.
Grins

Believe me when I tell you that Ole TRH can give as good as he takes. TRH can handle himself very well.

Jus sayin.
Grins

TRH is one of the good guys on here. If I ever go to Israel, I'm taking him with me as an interpreter.

That's exactly the kind of BS idiot panic that happens.

Geez.

Some of you need to pull you heads out of your asses.
My gals down at B o A last week had surgical exam gloves on.

I took a thousand out cause I was gonna be on the road for a few days. I wanted a lot of small denoms, 5,10s so I could tell people just keep the change.

They know I’m transplant, offered to spray my cash with a shot of Lysol. I declined, lol.
I’m enjoying the slow down.
One good thing, the spam calls have stopped.
Originally Posted by atvalaska

Liquor store in PA are all run by the state, with state employees. All the stores closed a week ago by order of the governor.
ATL, biyatch!
Originally Posted by Terryk
Originally Posted by atvalaska

Liquor store in PA are all run by the state, with state employees. All the stores closed a week ago by order of the governor.

Exact opposite here in Virginia, midnight tonight closes all non-essential biz, state run ABC's exempt.

At current usage rate, it would take me 3 mos to run out of fuel on hand.

I better get busy and get the other 2 50's refilled. smile
Pretty sure our Guvnuh’ approved liquor by the drink for curbside to-go orders . Pretty smart imo
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Jus sayin.
Grins

TRH is one of the good guys on here. If I ever go to Israel, I'm taking him with me as an interpreter.

You’d be better served taking Stickfight.
Banks can not be closed for more than 3 days.
Fed regulation imposed after the great depression
Originally Posted by local_dirt

At current usage rate, it would take me 3 mos to run out of fuel on hand.

I better get busy and get the other 2 50's refilled. smile

At today’s prices I’d posit that it’s better than money in the bank.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Yeah, right.

This lady was too.

You’re a lady ??

WTF, Hawk ?

Spawn of Starman speaks.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by KFWA

Real cheese...............or pasteurize, process, cheese food product?

I realize it's hard times and all, but.......

Geno

as you might have noticed, I have low standards for cheese consumption

I clean my card before returning it to my wallet using a folded paper towel from my pocket that was previously wetted with isopropyl alcohol. The towel was wetted using a Zep sprayer before going inside. I have a one gloved hand thing I sometimes do too. Some standardization is probably due.

No one letting go of cash already.
Wish they would close the c-store my wife works at.
Kids are out of school. I'm working, but in a factory of 30
employees, 3 shifts, and no need to get close to anyone.

My wife's job is by far our biggest exposure.

That said, gas stations get closed, it's gotten really bad.
I dont want that.
I don't handle much cash, not sure it really would be a good way to transmit a virus anyway.
YMMV

Kid Out
Originally Posted by JMR40
Jesus Christ, lets put this into perspective. Some smaller gas stations are closing due to lack of business. No one is out driving and there is no need for gas. There are plenty of bigger ones open and gas is down to $1.60 here. Many banks do not have a drive thru and those branches are being closed. Those with drive thur windows are still open. Our local LE released about 100 prisoners who were being held for minor offenses. Many would have been released as soon as they could appear before a judge anyway and with courts closed there is no reason to hold them. This reduced workload on deputies who have better things to do right now.

Your explanation makes sense.

Yeah, right.

This lady was too.

You’re a lady ??

WTF, Hawk ?

Spawn of Starman speaks.

Poor thing......bless your heart
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by JMR40

Your explanation makes sense.

None of that makes for good headlines though 😂

Yeah, right.

This lady was too.

You’re a lady ??

WTF, Hawk ?

Spawn of Starman speaks.

Poor thing......bless your heart

Thanks for the blessings.

If you’re not going to do the crossword puzzles that I suggested that you do then please at least buy a Thesaurus to improve your vocabulary.

Just trying to help.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Geez.

When I go in a bank to withdraw MY money and they tell me they limit me to $5000 per day, WE have a serious banking system problem. Good thing I wasn't buying a new truck like some of you high rollers, kinda hard to do with 5 grand. One young inexperienced teller spilled the beans and told me plenty of people were preparing by withdrawing large amounts of cash.

Nope, no problem with trusting banks, LOL, just ask your grandfather. You go right ahead, walk around with $15 in your wallet singin a tune.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Geez.

When I go in a bank to withdraw MY money and they tell me they limit me to $5000 per day, WE have a serious banking system problem. Good thing I wasn't buying a new truck like some of you high rollers, kinda hard to do with 5 grand. One young inexperienced teller spilled the beans and told me plenty of people were preparing by withdrawing large amounts of cash.

Nope, no problem with trusting banks, LOL, just ask your grandfather. You go right ahead, walk around with $15 in your wallet singin a tune.

You do realize that all branches of the same bank are interconnected via computer? That they can see your last account withdrawals real time? That they don’t operate in the dark from one another ?

5000$/day means just that. Go back tomorrow, maybe ?

Your post smells of bullscchitt like many of the rest that you proffer.
Sorry guys. I don't buy it. It would take someone born without a brain, or at least without the ability to reason to attempt to cause the kind of out and out panic that would cause! It would take an amount of stupidity I don't think even your average Democrat commands to close the banks when the Government is nearly completed the stimulous package. Even Schumer and Pelosi combined don't have that kind of stupidity between them. Although,where Schumer and /or Pelosi are concerned it would be a close one......

not around here... price of fuel is dropping for retailers.. but the price at the pump ain't...

no one competes in the fuel business around here....they are raking in the profits...

Costco's pump price is $2.35 a gallon, yet plenty of stations are charging 70 to 80 cents a gallon more at their pumps..
plus since Circle K moved into the area and has bought a ton of stations, they are dinging the consumer 16 more cents a gallon
to use your debit or credit cards to buy fuel.... since they get away with it, neighboring stations are doing the same thing...

I fill my tank either at Costco when I'm over toward Medford, or at the Indian Casino Truck Stop up Canyonville way....
It’s not unusual to see fuel prices listed differently for cash vs card but that’s one heck of a spread between the two choices that you’ve highlighted.

Generally speaking I’ve seen 3 to 5 cents per gallon on the spread here and when on the road.

Do you carry wet PT out of a ziplock in your car to wipe the CC down after use and before putting it back in your wallet? Wipe off items from the check out counter before bringing them inside?
You can wear reusable gloves in the store while carrying the TP and use the gloves more than a few times.
Originally Posted by kingston

Fücking retard.

This is southern Oregon Kingston....

the local economy thrives on welfare abuse, and the drug trade.. both legal and illegal...

so there is a lot of business that is done on a cash basis...and under the table..

just the nature of the beast....

Wasn't that long ago, we had a friend who works for a local HVAC outfit.. he stopped by to do a service call on my heat pump..
when I helped Mike carry some stuff back to his work van, he had a whole bunch of plastic bags full of cash in the back..

I asked him, whats up with that? Told me his last call was a dope farm, for some of their drying operation.. since it is federally illegal for that type of business to use banks... so they deal in cash.. the bill was in the range of $30K plus... so they paid him in cash, $20.00 bills in Walmart plastic bags...

was at the local irrigation supply store... I was just picking up some sprinkler heads for my lawn's sprinkler system..
in come some locals with a Army duffle bag, carrying 9 mm pistols on their hips..open carry is legal here...

I asked what was up with those guys, going straight to the back office with it.. he told me they were some dope famers, that wanted some work done on their farm.. and they had tried to stiff the technician the last time.. so they were told if they wanted any more work done, they had to pay up front...cash.... clerk told me nonchalantly the bill was somewhere between $120 to $150K...

its a different world around here....
I withdrew $400 for walking around money last week, came home and put it in the microwave for one minute- it's clean.
Originally Posted by Tracks
I withdrew $400 for walking around money last week, came home and put it in the microwave for one minute- it's clean.

There’s a thought.
Good one.
Originally Posted by woods_walker
One good thing, the spam calls have stopped.

Ours have quintupled at minimum. Scammers are completely off the chain here right now.

You do realize that all branches of the same bank are interconnected via computer? That they can see your last account withdrawals real time? That they don’t operate in the dark from one another ?

I'm really not in the mood for you [bleep] today but here's your answer.

At my main bank branch I was told I could withdraw $5000 a day. I point blank asked if I could go to another branch and get another $5K the same day. She replied, "Well, I can't tell you that..." wink wink. It's just the banks internal policy, for whatever reson, you decide why since you're so much GD smarter than everyone else. I went to all three branches in town and got $5000 at each all the same day. There was no mention at any of the second and third branches about the previous withdrawals. Again, you decide why, since you're so bright. I don't really care why you think what you you post, and I know for you it's personal, but you're wrong.

I'm simply stating it like it is. If I got cash and buried it in a glass jar under the old oak tree what's it to you, besides another chance to act like a jerk on the internet?

There’s a thought.
Good one.

Our bills are plastic !

At my main bank branch I was told I could withdraw $5000 a day. I point blank asked if I could go to another branch and get another $5K the same day. She replied, "Well, I can't tell you that..." wink wink. It's just the banks internal policy, for whatever reson, you decide why since you're so much GD smarter than everyone else. I went to all three branches in town and got $5000 at each all the same day. There was no mention at any of the second and third branches about the previous withdrawals. Again, you decide why, since you're so bright. I don't really care why you think what you you post, and I know for you it's personal, but you're wrong.

I'm simply stating it like it is. If I got cash and buried it in a glass jar under the old oak tree what's it to you, besides another chance to act like a jerk on the internet?

Well, Wink, wink.
And you’re still fulla scchitt, Fireball .
I just decided why for you.

Any road rage while you were out and about with all that cash ?

It'd be a shame if someone doxed you and put your name and address out there for well, whatever. Having all that cash on hand at your home and all.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

It'd be a shame if someone doxed you and put your name and address out there for well, whatever. Having all that cash on hand at your home and all.

Heh.

Heh.

Wonder what Rick would think about that?

Heh.

Could anyone be so petty as to dox another member? grin

mike r
Don't make assumptions you know nothing about.

One doesn’t have to “assume “ facts. They speak for themselves.
This sky is falling stuff is real. About an inch of fell in the last hour! That said, the gas stations are open, as are the banks. And yes the american dollar is still king ,everywhere in the world. I prefer to use plastic for most transactions, i seem to track it better that way. The tales of larger cash transactions is business as usual on the west coast. Federal drug laws see to that!

There’s a thought.
Good one.

Well Shît...My credit and debit cards are definitely clean now...A little burned and curled on the edges, but really clean. Thanks! 😬😎
Originally Posted by Beaver10

There’s a thought.
Good one.

Well Shît...My credit and debit cards are definitely clean now...A little burned and curled on the edges, but really clean. Thanks! 😬😎

Damn you made me laugh!

Thinking some women might do that.

Indeed. All one has to do is read.

I wonder what the legal implications would be?

For several parties?
Originally Posted by lvmiker

Heh.

Could anyone be so petty as to dox another member? grin

mike r

Gosh you wouldn't think so. Seems a pretty [bleep] thing to do doesn't it?
Why don't you pussys quit your hand wringing and veiled threats and act like men.
Why don't you pussys quit your hand wringing and veiled threats and act like men.

You might want to try eating your own cooking.

Threats?
Damn, I’d love to get everyone here together in one room. Be funny watching some of the posters avoid each other. Or talk all friendly like they never talked [bleep] at one another on here. Guarantee there would be a LOT less aggression than is spewed out here. Funny how that is. Imagine, BS and Judman, TRH and Deflave, Fireball2 and an assortment... what a blast. Be a good time seeing how everyone acted face to face as opposed to over the net. 😂

You might want to try eating your own cooking.

Threats?

Never know who is typing on that account. Not sure how to respond except, ??????

I've never made any threats on here veiled or otherwise. Never have I doxed a member either, which is essentially the same thing. Pointing out uncomfortable facts and previous posts though, yeah I've done that.
The mother of all cabin fevers is fast upon us......
No cabin fever here, I've never been busier. Finished framing an 8x8 pumphouse, built the trusses, sheeted the outside. Tomorrow is roof, trim and door. No interest in the same half dozen posters nonstop nonsense.
No cabin fever here, I've never been busier. Finished framing an 8x8 pumphouse, built the trusses, sheeted the outside. Tomorrow is roof, trim and door. No interest in the same half dozen posters nonstop nonsense.

Yet you return like a moth to the flame.
Stick around.

I asked a rhetorical question, who jumped up and assumed the usual victim stance? I guess my question is now answered. Thanks for the verification.

mike r

His old lady did it!!
© 24hourcampfire