Home
I visited Kroger this morning for senior shopping hour (7AM – 8AM). There was one accident in the parking lot when I entered the store and two accidents when I left. A senior was backing out of his spot and hit car. He got confused and stomped the gas and hit five more cars. I think that they might have to start a harbor pilot program for the parking lot.

Tell us about your shopping trip. My store was well stocked in all the healthy products. The unhealthy, easy stuff was sold out. No pop, potato chips and ice cream.
I have not been past our small stores for a week or more.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I have not been past our small stores for a week or more.

This, was at the store last Tuesday week I think it was.
Probably another week or more before we need to head to the store. Probably longer just to avoid the mess.
Originally Posted by MM879
I visited Kroger this morning for senior shopping hour (7AM – 8AM). There was one accident in the parking lot when I entered the store and two accidents when I left. A senior was backing out of his spot and hit car. He got confused and stomped the gas and hit five more cars. I think that they might have to start a harbor pilot program for the parking lot.

Tell us about your shopping trip. My store was well stocked in all the healthy products. The unhealthy, easy stuff was sold out. No pop, potato chips and ice cream.

This is a risk with the Italian hospitals in mind. Doing stupid things that get you sent to the hospital....
I would recommend cleaning your fridge and freezer out before venturing out. Plan on getting only a fraction of what you want. Be flexible and have options prepared.
I’m thinkin’ if I have to go to store next week, I’m gonna park in my BIG bank’s parking lot across the street. Always empty. Even in the times of hurricanes and approaching ice storms. They always bring out the best peoples.

But I’m gonna put it off for as long as I can!

Endeavor to persevere !!!!
Great Subject line vs Topic, thanks for the chuckle..... be careful out there...
there's plenty of food in the markets by me, it might not be exactly what you want, but it'll satisfy what you need.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I’m thinkin’ if I have to go to store next week, I’m gonna park in my BIG bank’s parking lot across the street. Always empty. Even in the times of hurricanes and approaching ice storms. They always bring out the best peoples.

But I’m gonna put it off for as long as I can!

This is good advise. The only reason my truck didn't get hit is because I parked in the last spot in the lot. The truck is a 3/4 to crew cab long bed. It hangs out on both ends of a parking spot.
What happened to “shelter in place”?

Don’t be out there runnin our medicare costs up.
Ive always said that after almost 30 years of dodging cars driven by the lunatic fringe while working on the highways and byways here, that I would buy the farm in the Walmart parking lot (on the rare occasion I go there), by being hit by some 16 y o teenage girl texting, or some 85 y o great grandma in her 1973 Buick Electra 225 "Jew Canoe".

Ol granny doing 20 MPH slowing running over you with both axles wondering what that bump was. Me in my decrepit state can’t even outrun her!!

Waiting until you're out may not be the best plan. Even if they have an off-brand, low quality supply of something you want, it'll be Limit Two!

Senior Hour has the main advantage that the store restocks at night. You may get a chance to get what you want, of the brand you want. But you'll only be able to get one or two of it.

We find ourselves shopping more often, not less, simply because we use up the ration of bread, milk, eggs... Our city is large enough that we have several chains of grocery, plus WalMart - and they all stagger their Senior Hours such that there's one every morning somewhere.

It's great.

The worst LGS parking lot fiasco was this past years Black Friday at the local Walmart. I never pay attention to it but needed a gallon of milk; got the last spot on the end of a row.

I got out quickly but in the meantime all the exits had been parked in also and we had a lot of snow also that had been pushed up around the perimeter of the lot pretty much blocking everybody in. I ended up picking a spot between two huge snow piles, gunned it, and went right out over a median. People are crazy.

And don’t hem in an old guy with a truck. 😀
Had a Buddie that got hit by a 86 year old man, ran a red light and ran over my bud, he was on a Harley full dresser and was wraped up in the wheel well, the guy only stoped because the car would not roll ! did even know that he hit something! and yes he was driving a 70s caddy!

Doctors that write notes and DMV,s are some of the blame across the entire nation.
Some elderly people have 0 excuses to be driving at all.
But they or friends or family get a doc to write up whatever.
And the DMV accepts it.
Little exploited loopholes put them and the public at risk.
Electra 225

You can get - me, and you, your cousins and yo gram mammas too

Deuce and a quartuh
I thought getting between Andrew Cuomo and a TV camera was the equivalent of trying to walk across the track at Daytona on the last lap of the 500! If the Wally World parking lot is more dangerous than that, I'll order delivery from Amazon!
Jerry

Yes! and when you have thought about that long enough, you can declare was on the Union!
lol
Originally Posted by renegade50

Doctors that write notes and DMV,s are some of the blame across the entire nation.
Some elderly people have 0 excuses to be driving at all.
But they or friends or family get a doc to write up whatever.
And the DMV accepts it.
Little exploited loopholes put them and the public at risk.

Gertrude, drive it like you stole it!!

hahaha
The most dangerous place on Earth is between Chuck U Schumer and a microphone.
my answer to the OP.... don't ever be between Schumer and a TV camera
Go next Monday afternoon or early Tuesday morning, don't wait until the first,
Trying to shop on or right after mothers day is a mistake
Well he gave a couple body shops working. It’s good for the economy. Positive waves man. Ed k
Stores here have stuff.

Toilet paper and potatoes the two items not seen for last 2 weeks.

Old fuggs and their ice cream, geezer freezer hour.............90% of it is gone.

Hamburger is hammered quick.

Frozen pizzas and TV dinners, gone. Kids home from school. Quick n easy to keep little Billy wearing husky sizes.

Have not been out since I got a cable to run my kids computer, so she could work from home.

Walmart and Meijer parking lots half full.

Meijer was older folks.
Walmart was younger.

As usual.

People were staying well apart from each other both places.
Couple yrs ago geezer forgot which pedal to use, ran their vehicle into credit union wall.
Was another customer between bumper and brick though. Killed em.
Factory town, lots of blue hairs retired.
Add in the women on cell phones driving.

No fuggin way I'd ride a MC in this burg.

Last yr the conv store down the street got a new brick wall..
90 yr old in a Buick took it out.

Pops is almost 80, he's slippin.
Always been a hard ass, b*tchin about other people driving.
Had a burnt orange HHR panel (non SS).

He flubbed a light and got smoked. LOL, ask him about it and he's all "I dunno, chit happens".

Yeah old man, you fugged up.

No big deal really, accidents happen. Not admitting it aint cool.
WTF is it with old people and ice cream?

I can take it or leave it.

My dad treats it like a major food group, he’s 70
Hamburger is understandable

Old people with 3 teeth can just moosh it around in their mouths with them old parrot tongues and get it down
Originally Posted by slumlord

Old people with 3 teeth can just moosh it around in their mouths with them old parrot tongues and get it down

Hey! It’s easy on my choppers! (In best Abraham Simpson voice).

Back in my day ice cream was bigger than dyptheria!
Im lactose intolerant.
Gimme steak and beer.

Dont need no ice cream
boomer here; had a young fellow stitch the rear end of my 2000 SiIverado a few years ago, would not have been too bad but he did it THREE times in about 4 seconds. He must have hit the gas after the first impact, the second was even harder, and the third pretty mild. I was wondering when he was going to stop hitting me.
Back in my day, my grandfather only ever bought “ice milk”

Gawd what a disappointment, like a case of blue balls for your taste buds

After a hard day playing in the pool, had to deal with that cheap chit.
Lmao!

Harbor pilot program is probably a good idea.
The most dangerous place on earth? Get in between my ex wife and the all you can eat Chinese buffet.You ll look like you ve been gored by a Rhino.'Cause you were!
My wife and I went out this morning at 6:30 to our town's one and only grocery (a Hannaford) and the lot was about 1/3 full. There was plenty of ice cream (didn't buy) but still no paper products or disinfectants. We were there to pick up fresh fruit & veggies (lots of them available), milk, yogurt, and lunch stuff. On the way in (in the dark) we had to dodge one guy pulling out without looking or seeing. It was interesting seeing and trying to identify old friends wearing masks (hey is that you Al?). Made me think of the Lone Ranger (who was that masked man?). We brought Clorox wipes with us and wiped down our cart before use and everyone kept their distance. We bagged our own (at our insistence) groceries. First thing we did when we got home was wash our hands.
Last year one of my customers got run over in his bank parking lot. It's in a little strip mall next to a sub shop. He was walking through a parking spot to go into the bank and a woman whips into that parking space and ran over him from behind. He never saw it coming. Luckily he's a skinny guy, but in his 60's. He crawled out from underneath the car as she was getting out and she said, "What are you doing under my car?". She never saw him. There was a couple of police officers sitting in their car eating lunch and watched the whole thing. He is very lucky he didn't get killed. However, he had two broken arms, two broken legs, and some broken ribs. He was in the hospital for a couple of weeks and then laid up at home most of last year and couldn't work.
Our car has only been backed into twice down here in store parking lots. People in FL. have a hard enough time driving frontwards. I can count on seeing someone doing something stupid every time I take the car out on the road.
US 19 between Chassahowiztka and Crystal River in the winter........ after Easter not so bad til about thanksgiving!!!

They're all freakin' nutz.............

Deuce and a quartuh [/quote]

Haven’t head that in a coons age!!!
Originally Posted by Windfall
Our car has only been backed into twice down here in store parking lots. People in FL. have a hard enough time driving frontwards. I can count on seeing someone doing something stupid every time I take the car out on the road.

nothing personal guys, but nearly every time I see someone doing something incredibly unsafe in Hampton Roads traffic (such as a high-speed 5 lane change / no signal / almost on two wheels, to pass another 25 cars before they take the exit they KNEW they wanted to take),,,, it is almost a sure bet there are two big old oranges, on their plate.

Numbs the mind.
Makes them forget they'll be dead soon.
Plenty food in our stores, toilet paper too
Originally Posted by Kyhilljack

Numbs the mind.
Makes them forget they'll be dead soon.

No, that's what my whiskey is for. I think the ice cream takes them back to their childhood; running out to the ice cream truck.
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
Probably another week or more before we need to head to the store. Probably longer just to avoid the mess.

I don't wait till we run out !!

Kinda like running out of ammo or components. It's too late.

To each his own.
Originally Posted by hookeye
Stores here have stuff.

Old fuggs and their ice cream, geezer freezer hour.............90% of it is gone.

Oh Really ?
Our store's freezer has HAD I C every week so far.

How old are Y'ALL ? 20 ?

LOTS of people, young---> old like Ice Cream.

My wife & I have been eating I C since we were TEENS.
We only buy 1/2 gal ( or whatever today ) every TWO weeks.

Y'all are out of focus on people.

Sorry.... that's NOT nation wide.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Waiting until you're out may not be the best plan. Even if they have an off-brand, low quality supply of something you want, it'll be Limit Two!

Senior Hour has the main advantage that the store restocks at night. You may get a chance to get what you want, of the brand you want. But you'll only be able to get one or two of it.

We find ourselves shopping more often, not less, simply because we use up the ration of bread, milk, eggs... Our city is large enough that we have several chains of grocery, plus WalMart - and they all stagger their Senior Hours such that there's one every morning somewhere.

Ahh common sense, IMO
went to Winco last night....they have the exits blocked off... going from the store.. and then a blockaid at the entrance...

and a line... they are allowing only 50 people into the store at a time... to make our clueless Queen/Governor happy...Clueless Cate...

three people come out, they let 3 people go in...

wife asked me to pick up three items since I was going that way...

I wasn't going to stand in line, for three items... for 45 minutes or more..

Shelves remind me of what you see in supermarkets in communist Russia...

lines outside to get in, remind me of what you see in Venezuela and Cuba...

The goal here is to re indoctrinate the public, more than anything else...

after they get this 'rationing' down pat and get the public use to it, next it will be gas lines, like back in the 1970s Fuel Embargo, with gas lines and tankers anchored off short full of oil, for 3 and 4 months at a time...and then the price of gas went up a lot..
and never came back down...

Thank the Global Elitists...and a panicking public, is playing right into their hands.. as the liberal media is 24/7 with news about death, doom and destruction with their propaganda, they are getting paid to broadcast...

people say "it can't happen here".. well if you've seen it happen overseas, its not hard to identify it 'happening here'...
Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

Ahh common sense, IMO
Sounds more like common stupidity to me. The covid virus spreads because morons like this can't plan for the long haul and stay the fugg home.
Originally Posted by MM879
The unhealthy, easy stuff was sold out. No pop, potato chips and ice cream.

When we have a big storm here in the winter, everyone stocks up on "storm chips".

My work partner says ...... "The last thing you want during a snow storm is a bag of apples." smile

Sorry.... that's NOT nation wide.

I went to the bicycle offroad park today. `Exercise is legal in our state' There were 240 vehicles parked at the trailhead. I would estimate more than 1000 people doing everything from dog walking, road biking and enjoying the sunshine. Every age was well represented.
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Sounds more like common stupidity to me. The covid virus spreads because morons like this can't plan for the long haul and stay the fugg home.

blackfart you are next in line. N Y.

I choose my company and you AIN'T in it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edrNTut-KL4

LOL!
Jerry
Originally Posted by Blackheart

blackfart you are next in line. N Y.

I choose my company and you AIN'T in it.
I think you're a f.uckin putz and always have so the feeling is quite mutual.
Originally Posted by hookeye
Stores here have stuff.

Frozen pizzas and TV dinners, gone. Kids home from school. Quick n easy to keep little Billy wearing husky sizes.

Have not been out since I got a cable to run my kids computer, so she could work from home.

Meijer was older folks.
Walmart was younger.

As usual.

Geezer freezer hour.

Slumlords dad!!!!

LMFAO!!!

Lol!!!
Parrot tongueing.....

Dude called Grim got a hand on the shoulder for sure....
Electra 225

Deuce and a quartuh

Not to be confused with one of my sleds from the past, a '64 Buick Wildcat I bought for.. wait for it.. $225. grin

Slumlord knows why I post this.

LOL!!!

Electra 225

Deuce and a quartuh

Don't be dissin on the Buicks. God we had a bunch of fun in my six year old, 4 door, 74 Le Sabre, all nine of us.

And when you had the crowd whittled down to just that one cute girl, the back seat was darned near as big as a double bed.

Yes, 1980, six year old DELUXE one owner sedan with 60K on the meter for $600. I welded a hitch on the back and towed the horses at hunting season, and brought the deer home on the back seat.

The anarchist handbook will explain the ice cream to the young and ignorant! Them big Buick swords were great drive in movie rides! Any thing else you younglings need help understanding just ask, your local boomer!
Originally Posted by renegade50
[quote=hookeye]Stores here have stuff.

Meijer was older folks.
Walmart was younger.

As usual.

Geezer freezer hour.

----------------------------------------------

I just got back from G store. IT has plenty of Ice Cream. I took a PIC if you want to see it.

This area is known for Retirement / Recreation..... Oaklawn Racetrack, Casino, Tri Lake area.

Y'all must live in a Nursing Home. whistle laugh
Ive always said that after almost 30 years of dodging cars driven by the lunatic fringe while working on the highways and byways here, that I would buy the farm in the Walmart parking lot (on the rare occasion I go there), by being hit by some 16 y o teenage girl texting, or some 85 y o great grandma in her 1973 Buick Electra 225 "Jew Canoe".

Ol granny doing 20 MPH slowing running over you with both axles wondering what that bump was. Me in my decrepit state can’t even outrun her!!

1973 Buick Electra 225 "Jew Canoe". So funny, but true. I don't think that most would be offended by the term. They would ask `could I buy one'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buick_Electra
We went to the city couple days ago and stopped by the store since we were in town. Paper isle was empty but everything else had a good assortment. And for once the parking lot was about 1/3 full. You usually have to drive the NASCAR circuit a couple times before you get to pit.

As far as letting some elderly people drive, we do a fair amount of camping during the year mostly in the mountains but about 3 or 4 times we will go to an RV park somewhere. I like to sit out by the park road and watch the elderly come driving in the park with there 45' class A diesel pusher with their car behind and then watch them park. Especially when there are no drive throughs. My wife says I am easily amused. Still believe you should have to have a RV endorsement on your drivers license before you are allowed to drive one of those buses.
Things seem to be returning to normal in my parts. Went to local store last night and everything was stocked back up except TP and paper towels. Bread, produce and meat all full. They were empty last week. Guess our panic buyers have all stocked up.
Around here younger people ignore the senior hours. Maybe the 100 people in store at a time will help that. What is with some of you bashing old people.You are going to be one sooner or later. These are the same ones that changed your [bleep] diapers when you were young and got you thru child hood when you were too stupid to know any better. Maybe you should try helping them instead of pushing them out of the way
© 24hourcampfire