Home
Posted By: irfubar What camp do you belong to? - 03/25/20
There are, roughly speaking, two opposing camps.

“I for one welcome our new insect overlords”. This contains the control freaks; the authoritarians; the snitches; the panickers; the killjoys; the ‘trust the experts’; the curtain-twitchers; the leftists; and the catastrophists.

The Awkward Squad. This contains the liberty-lovers; the libertines; the grand strategists; the rebels; the sceptics; the mavericks; the contrarians; the misfits; the deplorables.

Linky ; https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/03/25/delingpole-coronavirus-peter-hitchens-is-right/
I was part of the Awkward Squad before people called it "Awkward". We just thought of ourselves as law abiding Americans.
As per usual.....right in the middle.

Not concerned in the least that (right in the middle) was not an option.
Someone said once that it was a cosmic injustice that Henry Kissinger was still alive and Christopher Hitchens was dead.

His brother is a poor substitute.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Someone said once that it was a cosmic injustice that Henry Kissinger was still alive and Christopher Hitchens was dead.

Jim, you are a man of many surprises
Posted By: BKinSD Re: What camp do you belong to? - 03/25/20
I've been preaching the awkward side for two weeks now. I've noticed that turning people isn't easy once they pick a camp.
I don't have the luxury of not taking the virus seriously. Our little state has 4 deaths and the number of verified cases in adjoining Fayette County doubled yesterday. My wife is a hospital nurse in Fayette county.

I don't know what camp that places me in.
Must admit a few have surprised me...

Maybe we can have some fun with the various post when this is over and the truth is exposed..... either way
Posted By: Judman Re: What camp do you belong to? - 03/25/20
Brian I guess I’m kinda a maverick/lone wolf, just the way I like er...
I reject the notion that there are only 2 options.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I don't have the luxury of not taking the virus seriously. Our little state has 4 deaths and the number of verified cases in adjoining Fayette County doubled yesterday. My wife is a hospital nurse in Fayette county.

I don't know what camp that places me in.

Understood Bristoe,
I am following all the rules, but it is easy for me to do so.... hell I started social distancing years ago.
I wish you and your wife the best and stay safe
I guess I am just too skeptical to be in either camp.

I dont believe that zillions are going to die.

I also dont believe that its the common cold and a flush toilet will save me.
Originally Posted by Judman

Yes of course Jud, I share your sentiment
Originally Posted by irfubar

Oh no! Did I show my cards too soon?

I also dont believe that its the common cold and a flush toilet will save me.

Toilet paper will save you...... jeesh
Posted By: Dess Re: What camp do you belong to? - 03/25/20
Originally Posted by billhilly

I agree. I'm in the camp of "I'm not bothering anybody leave me alone" and a strong dose of "don't start nothing and there won't be nothing".

Wish everyone well during this mess.
If I have to end up eating that damn case of hot pockets, I will

Thank God, theyre not the veggie ones

Oh no! Did I show my cards too soon?

A liberal friend of mine once told me I was a redneck intellectual..... LMAO

As most liberals he was a pseudo intellectual.. ha
Originally Posted by slumlord
If I have to end up eating that damn case of hot pockets, I will

Much wiser choice than Tide pods....
Posted By: Judman Re: What camp do you belong to? - 03/25/20

Yes of course Jud, I share your sentiment

I know ya do. 👍
ir,

I'm in the spirited debate camp. wink

Geno

PS, that friggen MT Eskimo Farmer/Rancher dude sure is full of surprises, ain't he. I think it was the nuns what made him that way.
I’m in the “holy [bleep] a whopping 4 people in your state” have died camp.
Posted By: Muffin Re: What camp do you belong to? - 03/25/20
Is it a 'Cold' or is it the 'Plague'????

Does it matter?
Maverick/Deplorable who loves our country, hates any and all who haven’t lived long enough or weren’t smart enough to consider our history before making radical liberalism their altar of hope for a better future...😎
Posted By: KFWA Re: What camp do you belong to? - 03/25/20

yea, that was pleasant but unexpected

I also dont believe that its the common cold and a flush toilet bidet will save me.

Fixt it fer you Jim,

get with the times bro,

Geno
Seems like the flu has been getting worse for quite a few years. Obamacare is what we need.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
ir,

I'm in the spirited debate camp. wink

Geno

PS, that friggen MT Eskimo Farmer/Rancher dude sure is full of surprises, ain't he. I think it was the nuns what made him that way.

Good ole Sister Bernadette........
one of my MOS's in the military was 54 Echo...NBC Warfare Officer...

The way this is being handled at a local level, and endorsed by the Federal Government, is certainly contrary how to handle something like this, to the way the same Government taught us to handle it in a military environment..

Guess a military environment is a lot easier to administer than a civilian'public environment...

and it didn't take me 2 seconds to figure the entire response nationwide and internationally is a communist's wet dream..

I guarantee ya, when this is over, we will all have a lot less freedoms than we had before it all started...world wide..

thank the real people who run the world.. the Globalist Elites...
Posted By: hanco Re: What camp do you belong to? - 03/25/20
I do t know!
So far the awkward camp is in the lead, with the middle of the road camp making a strong showing....
Carry on men
Originally Posted by Seafire

The way this is being handled at a local level, and endorsed by the Federal Government, is certainly contrary how to handle something like this, to the way the same Government taught us to handle it in a military environment..

Guess a military environment is a lot easier to administer than a civilian'public environment...

and it didn't take me 2 seconds to figure the entire response nationwide and internationally is a communist's wet dream..

I guarantee ya, when this is over, we will all have a lot less freedoms than we had before it all started...world wide..

Never let a good disaster go to waste?

Like 9-11............and the resulting "Patriot Act"?

I wish we had an Oracle like at Delphi to tell us what the future will bring..............I'm guessing more "Patriot Act" type stuff.

Resistance is Futile........We Are the Borg Globalist Elites?

Geno
Originally Posted by widrahthaar

What's the verified number of cases within an 80 mile radius of where you live?

How many were there 3 weeks ago?

How many people live in your house that works in a hospital where the corona patients are being treated?

fug you.

So far the awkward camp is in the lead, with the middle of the road camp making a strong showing....
Carry on men

Next question will be:

"In a good ol' fashioned street brawl, only weapons allowed are those easily found in a suburban neighborhood like loose bricks and kids' bicycles, which camp would win?"

Geno
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Carry on men

Next question will be:

"In a good ol' fashioned street brawl, only weapons allowed are those easily found in a suburban neighborhood like loose bricks and kids' bicycles, which camp would win?"

Geno

The manbun millenial with ninja hatchet skills..... ask Kamo smile
I tend to be in the "think for myself" camp.
A small bike thrown like a discus is quite the missile.
Originally Posted by duck911
I tend to be in the "think for myself" camp.

No bueno... you have to choose wink
Posted By: bludog Re: What camp do you belong to? - 03/25/20
Put me in the camp that believes and trusts in God, regardless of what is going on about us.

bludog
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by widrahthaar

What's the verified number of cases within an 80 mile radius of where you live?

How many were there 3 weeks ago?

How many people live in your house that works in a hospital where the corona patients are being treated?

fug you.

They aren’t testing enough here in a Wisconsin to put any kind of weight on any stats. And I doubt they are in Kentucky either.

My sister and her husband are both nurses at hospitals that have had covid19 patients, I’ll be spending considerable amount of time at their house watching their 4 kids throughout this I’ll be exposed to it just as much as you.
I would like to know entire truth.
Your safe space is not impenetrable.......
Originally Posted by wabigoon

\

Wont even have a strong clue until this time next year or so.....probably.

That's the thing , right Wabi..... who is telling the truth and who is lying... an age old conundrum
Working on buying a farm next to a friend’s and get back to growing, raising and hunting my own food, and putting extra back for the less prepared who are useful allies. Don’t expect Trump to save us, would like to hang most of the rest of them, past and present. Convinced the only liberty we will have in the future is the same we had in the past- the degree of it that we get up and take for ourselves. This schitshow is going to come crashing down in a series of fits and starts, and what comes of it is anyone’s guess. I suspect that places me in the far corner of the awkward column, over here loading mags and practicing my hangman’s knot for use on that other group... whistle
irfubar;
Good morning to you sir, I hope that this finds you folks doing as well as possible in these interesting times.

Due to a whole lot of factors, I have been a lifelong skeptic of most statements, writings and people in general.

That has of course been in constant conflict within the frame work of my belief in an all knowing and all powerful deity who I am doing my level best to be a servant of.

So even when folks would come to church and proclaim they'd now been changed, I was the guy in the second last pew with my arms folded thinking "Well we'll see..."

Couple or maybe even quadruple that with the fact that numbers have always "made sense" to me so I'm able to deduce with relative speed - used to be quicker though for sure - but when some are proclaiming a "coincidence", I'm the guy crunching the probability of this being a random occurrence, you know?

Reading back over your question and my response, I suppose perhaps like my cyber friend Jim, I'm not really in either category.

I believe that there's a sovereign God in control, but most days including at present have no idea what the greater plan is. Can't begin to envision it really and truly.

My task, as I understand it today, is to try to learn from what's put in my path and to hopefully be a better version of me than I was yesterday.

If I get "called home" in the gentle Christian parlance or "buy the farm/bite the big one" in Saskatchewan speak - well sir I'm honestly at peace with that option too.

Of course I'll fight it, because I believe that's what I'm both called to do and it's human nature after all, but all of us have an expiration date and honestly as I've said many times, I've been blessed far beyond anything I could have ever done to deserve it.

Anyway sir, that's more or less where I'm at this morning - between cleaning up the yard and working on a couple rifles which have been sitting far too long in a state of disrepair!

Stay well my friend.

Dwayne
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Maverick/Deplorable who loves our country, hates any and all who haven’t lived long enough or weren’t smart enough to consider our history before making radical liberalism their altar of hope for a better future...😎

Beav you are a barbarian future slave master..... smile
Posted By: 5sdad Re: What camp do you belong to? - 03/25/20

That's the thing , right Wabi..... who is telling the truth and who is lying... an age old conundrum

Establish a conclusion. Set up a commission to pretend to weigh evidence, then reach the approved conclusion. Publish the results. Sit back and watch people accept it.
I have learned not to trust people with agenda's
I guess nobody wants to admit being in the insect overlords camp?
Where is Gus and Deflave when we need them?
I'm in the "this may be bad but it is not airborne rabies" camp. It astounds me that the country could grind to a halt over this. By the way I'm exposed. My lovely bride is a pediatric nurse practitioner seeing patients in the daytime and spending the night with me.

You forgot "Trouble Maker". wink
They bunkered down a while ago.

Smart they are. whistle
Posted By: horse1 Re: What camp do you belong to? - 03/25/20
the sceptics

This seems like a fun camp to be in, but, I don't own nor know how to wield a scepter. Foiled again. frown
I have learned not to trust people

Awkward I suppose
Originally Posted by horse1
the sceptics

This seems like a fun camp to be in, but, I don't own nor know how to wield a scepter. Foiled again. frown

You don't need a sceptor when you have a gun..... I recommend reading Kamo gari's callout thread, it is full of useful tips.... wink
Ok fine the insect overlords don't seem to have a following here.....
How about the reptilian overlords? I hear that is a thing

I posted a You Tube video on the front page for one of these groups. Reynolds Wrap hats not required.

I’m happy to be elected “Lord of the Flies”.....We will have joint governance, but only after I have eliminated or enslaved all those who have brought about harm to our society and country.

😎
Camps? We don’t need no stinking camps!

I’m happy to be elected “Lord of the Flies”.....We will have joint governance, but only after I have eliminated or enslaved all those who have brought about harm to our society and country.

😎

LMAO..... Beav you never disappoint smile

Now I have to take time out for Georges linky..... I trust George, he is like an adult
Originally Posted by ironbender

To the re-education camp for you! Beav will be the warden

Congratulations, IB...You just landed the position of head camp builder...You get 3rd pick from the Kardashian clan for your love nest.

You’re welcome....Signed Fly Lord
😎

Congratulations, IB...You just landed the position of head camp builder...You get 3rd pick from the Kardashian clan for your love nest.

😎

eeeww
Posted By: horse1 Re: What camp do you belong to? - 03/25/20
Ok fine the insect overlords don't seem to have a following here.....
How about the reptilian overlords? I hear that is a thing

You mean like Enik, Lord of the Sleestak? Never trust a dude wearing a tunic.
This is really no difference from anything else. Azzholes are always gonna be azzholes, naysayers are always gonna be naysayers, doubters are always gonna be doubters, skeptics are always gonna be skeptics, smartazzes are always gonna be smartazzes, featmongers and always gonna be fearmongers, "experts" are always gonna be "experts", doomsdayers are always gonna be doomsdayers, and so on and so forth.

Here is what I believe......it is something that we need to take serious, but not something that's going to wipe out mankind. Some people are going to be more at risk than others, and should be wise and take precautions. Democrats like to use things like this to make people more reliable on them and government, while Republicans look at it as an opportunity to make some money and to try not to panic the populace. I also believe that things like this should serve as a wakeup call for everyone to learn to be self-reliant, and be prepared for emergencies.
Originally Posted by billhilly

Yep. I'm I'm the Camp Fire.
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Seems like the flu has been getting worse for quite a few years. Obamacare is WHAT POLITICIANS need.
And Dimocraps.

He is often surprising.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: What camp do you belong to? - 03/25/20
I camp alone! To be in either camp listed, you must be a sheeple. I refuse to be a sheeple!
Government says I can't work, so I'm semi-holed up on my 40 acres, (went steelhead fishing yesterday afternoon, almost certainly will again in the near future) picked up some spirits yesterday and am currently looking at load data because I just realized that I'm nearly out of .44 Special ammo. My wife is inside the house, homeschooling the kids just like every weekday for the last 8 years.

If I had to guess, I'd say I'm not in the camp of insect overlord lovers.

Not yet, wabi. You're too young, but your time will come. wink

😎

Brother Beav, I misspoke when I assigned you warden status...... eer uuum you are now an educator , lead educator. Much more P.C.
Don't want to spook the inmates uum eer I mean students.... wink
I just realized I’ve been social distancing for years. Maybe that’s I rarely get sick.
Posted By: WAM Re: What camp do you belong to? - 03/25/20
I’m just glad I’m not sick today. Politically a bit right of Attila the Hun.
https://conspiracyanalyst.org/2015/...g-the-american-public-believes-is-false/
I have moved fro the middle of the road to the awkward camp. Let me explain, huge rural county the same size as the state of Hawaii. 2 tiny hospital of very limited services. The I-5 corridor splits the county, it was inevitable that covid would hit here. Authorities yesterday finally confirmed we have 2 cases, withheld all other info. Nobody wants their names and addresses so we can burn a cross on their lawn or tar and feather. We want the circumstances of their infection so we can make informed decisions for our own health...that's all. But the authorities cite the HIPPA act to preserve patient rights. So they refuse to tell us, gas station employee?, food service? retail clerk?, recently returned traveler? health worker? Nothing forthcoming so we can asses our own exposure to a possible point of intersection. I don't believe in anarchy or the Lord of the Flies culture but this is political correctness fascism in spades.
I'm on nobody's side because nobody's on my side.
Originally Posted by justin10mm

Tree beard, how are you these days? Nice to see you.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: What camp do you belong to? - 03/25/20
Originally Posted by 19352012
Originally Posted by justin10mm

Tree beard, how are you these days? Nice to see you.

An Ent?
Ok so I watched Georges video and I must say it is worthwhile

Linky; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMTZu6_TjU8
All I saw was a hack journalist w/ no basis in knowledge of the subject of which he chose to bloviate. I think we are seeing a new problem aggravated by global travel and sensationalized by a media empowered by the people they should serve.

Our govt.'s overriding mandate is to keep our citizens and way of life safe. This threat, as currently perceived, is a new one and is being addressed w/ novel attempts at a solution, but is being addressed w/ great vigor. What some consider draconian measures can be altered to adapt to future developments.

There is no handbook for handling a pandemic but this occurrence could help us prepare for a more serious problem in the future. I don't have many answers but do doubt if assigning labels and taking sides is useful.

I also believe that this author is a member of the elitist media that is the single largest cause of panic and dissension. Now is the time to be promoting calm and unity but the MSM does not serve the common good.

mike r
Well Mike you obviously require re-education...... you can check in with Beaver10... thank you for your cooperation
The democrat anti-American/socialist policies, rules, regulations, and taxes will destroy America forever if we do not vote the democrats out of power in the 2020 election. They should be removed from office and off all the ballots. They offer nothing for America or the people to make the country better. Anyone who participated in the coup should be in prison or face a firing squad.

In the fight and destroy camp. There is "God's light on" EQUINOX 2021.
I'm in the rancho campo, seeing as how I live in the 'campo' and have a 7 Acre RANCH!

for those that don't like Mexican singers. And if you don't like Gene Autry you need to leave the US of A, right?

Geno
Well Mike you obviously require re-education...... you can check in with Beaver10... thank you for your cooperation

I'm always up for more education and ready to encounter new beaver. Cooperation is possible when all are servedgrin

Geno, GA may have been my unfavorite cowboy, but was an OK singer.

mike r
Is there a Not cool enough camp?
Originally Posted by Seafire

Seafire, Very interested in a civil discussion how you were taught to handle such a situation.

Because what we are seeing here in America is proving wholly inadequate to the job of containment of this virus.

But we can not do it like China did either. I would rather see 3 million dead of the virus, than cede that kind of power to our government.

😎

eeeww

I don't know. The little blond is kinda cute. But someone would have to duct tape her liberal yap closed before I could enter the room.
Cramps?? Yes I get cramps, mostly feet and legs gets me up at night!
Originally Posted by lvmiker

I'm always up for more education and ready to encounter new beaver. Cooperation is possible when all are servedgrin

mike r

mike,

if I were one of the name callers I have to say you are an unAmerican, Lieberal, freedom hating, kommunist, of the Hillary loving persuasion.

But, I know you're not and you are entitled to your opinion. He's an OK singer in my opinion too.

Geno
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

😎

eeeww

I don't know. The little blond is kinda cute. But someone would have to duct tape her liberal yap closed before I could enter the room.

I will gracefully step aside and let you have my spot. All yours!
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33
Is there a Not cool enough camp?

Yes, it's called band camp, you know remember that time at band camp..... lol
Cramps?? Yes I get cramps, mostly feet and legs gets me up at night!

Wabi.... don't be going Joe Biden on us not now buddy.....

mike r

Mike the best you can hope for is the Beav doesn't show up in his dominatrix outfit......

mike r

Mike the best you can hope for is the Beav doesn't show up in his dominatrix outfit......

What’s wrong with a little homemade leather outfit to go along with a belt loaded with high cap mags, hatchet, and throwing knives?

😜😎
Beav, one mans leather outfit with throwing knives etc.... is another mans perversion.... just sayin... smile

The ass less chaps are a dead giveaway.... wink
My own.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
I think the lone wolf is common among campfire members.... we are an independent self sufficient group of men
I’m a misfit deplorable skeptic redneck!
I love God, Family, Guns, Freedom and the America we used to know.

I hate DemoRats & Politicians. Thankfully, Trump is neither!
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: What camp do you belong to? - 03/26/20
Hello motha hello fadda, here I am at camp Granada
© 24hourcampfire