Home
https://www.chron.com/news/article/...ry-and-bonus-to-15159380.php?cmpid=hpctp

The CEO of Texas Roadhouse is donating his salary until January of next year to pay front-line employees during the coronavirus outbreak, according to reports.

W. Kent Taylor is forgoing his salary and bonus from March 18 through Jan. 7, 2021, MarketWatch reported.

Taylor made $1.3 million in salary and bonuses in 2018, and made $8.5 million in 2017, Louisville Business First reported in 2019.

The steakhouse chain is also suspending its dividend "to better manage its cash position and enhance financial flexibility in light of the uncertainty in the global markets resulting from the COVID-19 outbreak," FSR magazine reported.
IF that's true... I think it's fantastic. We are in a situation we've never seen before and day to day is UNKNOWN.

We eat at T R H occasionally and I hope his plan works out for their employees.

Go Get Em.
the one we have a mile from here was always packed - every night. You had to wait 30 minutes on a Tuesday night to get in.

Of course I'm sure its a bit different now
We like to eat ribeyes at the Texas Roadhouse.
Top notch act if its true
Ate there last summer while waiting for my car to be serviced. Great pork chops.
A generous act not many would follow. We eat at TRH a few times a year. Love their ribeyes and cinnamon buttered rolls.
God Bless him...... "Actions speak louder than words"..... "Talk is cheap"......... and "Lead by example". Nearest one to me is 20-25 minutes away but when things get back to normal I gotta stop there someday. I have heard good things about it from guys I know but haven't gotten in there yet. I like patronizing folks like that.
what other ceo has done this? oh wait! Donald Trump comes to mind.
lets see all of the house and senate follow suite.
Darn good man right there. A little carry out from there might be in order.
We have a TRH in town and they are very generous, allowing fundraising on their premises to many good causes.
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Darn good man right there. A little carry out from there might be in order.

GOOD idea. Thanks PLUS a generous tip.
That's freaking solid. Good on him.
Good for him, stand up guy!
Originally Posted by Blackheart
A generous act not many would follow. We eat at TRH a few times a year. Love their ribeyes and cinnamon buttered rolls.

And you're welcome back any time. Just let me know, and I'll make sure to have some ribeyes and rolls ready for you.
Eat there all the time, class act move for the CEO
None local, but i eat when I’m around one.

They have good groceries.
We'll all need to remember such generous acts when dining out becomes legal again.
In times of trouble, leaders lead.

They don’t complain. They don’t blame other people. They lead the people they are responsible for.
If this truly came from the heart, they would not need to publicize it. When they publicize it, it tells me it's all marketing.

Sorry, seen this crap too many times in my life.
Originally Posted by jwall
IF that's true... I think it's fantastic. We are in a situation we've never seen before and day to day is UNKNOWN.

We eat at T R H occasionally and I hope his plan works out for their employees.

Go Get Em.
Agreed... One of their restaurants opened fairly recently not too far away for once... I love TRH, and hope to visit this place soon after it reopens..
© 24hourcampfire