Home
Posted By: ltppowell I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
...or be a 6.5 Creedmoore lover.

But now I'll never find out after seeing how they act.
Posted By: viking Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
Dang, here I thought you were going to publicly state you bought a 270.
Posted By: Tarquin Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
I'm coming out. I own a .270 Win. blush
Posted By: rong Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
Have a buddy that owes me some coin and offered a Ruger #1 in 6.5,
told him I really wasn't into dudes....
Posted By: 22250rem Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
Based on those I've seen them things shoot !..... One of my buddies has a Christensen Arms Mesa (?) in 6.5 Creed.. I do some reloading for him cause I'm retired and he's not and that thing's a tack driver. Seen a couple Ruger Americans in 6.5 Creed that were also great. Do I want one ? I don't know........... Wouldn't want to project the wrong image. People might start wondering about me.
Posted By: Quak Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
270 may be...light in the loafers but the 6.5cm is hole in the bathroom stall at a rest area gay
Posted By: MIKEWERNER Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
I ain’t no homophobe. There are lots more 6.5 queermores frequenting the shooting range......not that there’s anything wrong with that.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
Originally Posted by Quak
270 may be...light in the loafers but the 6.5cm is hole in the bathroom stall at a rest area gay

LOL
Posted By: SKane Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

laugh
Posted By: okie Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
22 Creedmoor with a quick twist
Posted By: Hookset Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
I just bought a Howa Creedmoor (I ordered it on line and it came in a discreet, unmarked package) Loaded up some 147 ELDM's on some IMR 4350 and took it to the range yesterday. After putting 5 shots into one ragged hole, you should have seen me sashaying back to the bench! Now I'm thinking about growing a man bun!
Posted By: Tarquin Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
Originally Posted by Hookset
I just bought a Howa Creedmoor (I ordered it on line and it came in a discreet, unmarked package) Loaded up some 147 ELDM's on some IMR 4350 and took it to the range yesterday. After putting 5 shots into one ragged hole, you should have seen me sashaying back to the bench! Now I'm thinking about growing a man bun!

The little Howa mini action is nice.
Posted By: jmdriver Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20

This
Posted By: hanco Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
What if you own several 270’s and 6.5 Creedmoors
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
I shoot the round the Creedmoor wants to be when it grows up- - - - -a 6.5-06!
Jerry
I have a 6.5-06 also. I like it best of all!
Originally Posted by hanco

You likely drive a Subaru LOL
Posted By: stxhunter Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
killed my biggest nilgia with a 270, bang flop.
270 is great. A little too fast for the ranges I hunt at...had some bullet selection failures lol
Posted By: wabigoon Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
The old 'fire, not another place quite like it.
Posted By: AJ300MAG Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
Might???

Someone's in denial. That issue was settled many moons ago... grin
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20

You pee sitting down
Posted By: Armednfree Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
I am saving for one. I am also growing out my hair for the man bun.
Posted By: Salty303 Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
See lots of call out threads but I think this is the first come out thread? Not that there's anything wrong with that. , I guess..
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
Originally Posted by Armednfree
I am saving for one. I am also growing out my hair for the man bun.

Hope you have some $$$ set aside for essential oils
Posted By: ingwe Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
Originally Posted by ltppowell
...or be a 6.5 Creedmoore lover.

But now I'll never find out after seeing how they act.

Posted By: doubletap Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20

Doesn’t count until you necked a 270 to 6.5. And no, a 6.5/06 is not the same.
Posted By: Dre Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
I’m F***ed...I have a 270 and 6.5
And like the 6.5 better.
Posted By: JeffyD Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
Oh man, I'm lovin' this thread. You guys are a hoot!
Posted By: shaman Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
I got my degree from a music school, The College-Conservatory of Music at the University of Cincinnati. CCM had a lot of students that were experimenting. There was a lot of that sort of thing going on in the dorms. You also had a lot of accidents. Too much beer, too much hormones-- stuff happens.

The question became what to do. I was still kind of half-way considering a path in the Ministry, so deep down inside I wanted to do the right thing. This became a real issue during my Junior year. Freshmen were looking to the older guys for advice. What do you say?

First off, my recommendation is to make a decision. Is this where you see your life going? In 5 or 10 years do you want to be the kind of guy that owns this kind of firearm? Start thinking long term.

Second, shame is a good thing up to a point. It's your soul telling you that you've strayed from the course presented by your moral compass. There is no sense wallowing in it. If you obsess on your compass, you'll miss all the scenery going by. Just keep going, and try to stay on track.

Third, try your best to pick new activities that point you back to where you want to be in life. Make new friends. Go to new activities. Change your habits. Eventually the torment of shame will diminish.

One thing I did for my floor was talking up my social life. I had two fairly steady girlfriends and three others I was seeing regularly. One was a modern dance major. The other had been studying to be nun and. . . well, I got her pointed in a different direction. She went to a nearly all-women's college, just across town a ways. I ended up knowing the whole body of Psych/Soc majors to varying degrees. I organized a party to get some of the sadder cases off their asses and mix with some real women. The first one was a bit of a hash-up-- my buddy John and I were the only men that showed up, leaving us with a dozen or so healthy, fun-loving Catholic women all to ourselves. However, I brought back pictures from the gig, and the next time out, I had a good part of my dorm floor show up. Pretty soon I had a good number of my dorm mates using the 31 Bus on a regular basis to go crosstown to the women's college.

As a result of all this, let me advise that it is good that you came here and got yourself unburdened. I'd now join another thread on this forum that will get you in with the right crowd. I see several threads right now discussing 30-06 and 35 Whelen. These are far more wholesome topics and will get you back on the right track. If you have a 30-06, I'd get it out now and start handling it regularly. If you don't have one, buy one immediately. Take it out to the range and really get to know the rifle and the round. Keep a round or two in your pocket at all times. If you find your thoughts straying. You'll have this token handy to bring yourself back on track.

Don't feel the need to purge. If you have a rifle chambering that you feel has led you astray, keep it. Don't sell it. A lot of guys get into this whole purging thing and try to rid themselves of all tangible reminders. As a result, they end up putting it too far out of their minds and they stray back. Keep it handy. Use it as a milepost to show yourself how you've changed. If you start having longings, you know it is time to get back out to the range and blow some more 30-06.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
Doc Shaman gives good advice, take heed.
Utmerket there doc, a true word smith.
Posted By: Filaman Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
I shoot the round the Creedmoor wants to be when it grows up- - - - -a 6.5-06!
Jerry

Yep why go half way? And with that long action there's no gay wad BS with seating length. Seat em out as far as the throat will allow.
Posted By: Hookset Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
Shaman, what if I bought a 30-06 and a Creedmoor at the same time? What does that make me? Is there something wrong with me? What if I like them both just as much?
I’m so confused.... and kind of excited at the same time.
Originally Posted by Hookset
Shaman, what if I bought a 30-06 and a Creedmoor at the same time? What does that make me? Is there something wrong with me? What if I like them both just as much?
I’m so confused.... and kind of excited at the same time.

Don’t tell anyone you have the Creed and you’ll be fine. Real men have a 30-06. You’ll be in the closet.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20

That means you're NOT gay.
Just bi 😂
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
Shaman, that was awesome.
I got to thinking on this after getting going with my morning. I missed addressing the whole problem with guilt.

Guys get this idea in their head that they've crossed over a fence and there is no going back. If they fell in with the wrong bunch, their friends will just reinforce this idea. It builds for some what seems like an insurmountable block. It's hard for guys to understand that crossing back over is really just as simple as straying to the wrong side of the fence in the first place.

I don't want to get all preachy here, but the whole point of being a Christian is that of forgiveness and redemption. The only thing that doomed Faustus was his belief that he was unredeemable. He marched into Hell voluntarily.

Although I wouldn't advise making a steady habit of crossing the fence one way or the other, I do want to remind you all that it is important to be kind to yourself and do not feel that waking up in a strange pasture is the end of your life. The way back is straight back the way you came. Everyone makes mistakes in life. You've seen what's on the other side now and you'll be stronger for it. In the women's dorm, they had a lot of "Spring Quarter Lesbians." Girls would experiment and then summer recess would come and they'd be back across the fence by fall.
What if you have a 26 Nosler?
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
Originally Posted by shaman
I got to thinking on this after getting going with my morning. I missed addressing the whole problem with guilt.

Guys get this idea in their head that they've crossed over a fence and there is no going back. If they fell in with the wrong bunch, their friends will just reinforce this idea. It builds for some what seems like an insurmountable block. It's hard for guys to understand that crossing back over is really just as simple as straying to the wrong side of the fence in the first place.

I don't want to get all preachy here, but the whole point of being a Christian is that of forgiveness and redemption. The only thing that doomed Faustus was his belief that he was unredeemable. He marched into Hell voluntarily.

Although I wouldn't advise making a steady habit of crossing the fence one way or the other, I do want to remind you all that it is important to be kind to yourself and do not feel that waking up in a strange pasture is the end of your life. The way back is straight back the way you came. Everyone makes mistakes in life. You've seen what's on the other side now and you'll be stronger for it. In the women's dorm, they had a lot of "Spring Quarter Lesbians." Girls would experiment and then summer recess would come and they'd be back across the fence by fall.

Being a Creedtard is akin to being blasphemous. There is no forgiveness.
Posted By: billhilly Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
This thread has forced me to face some of my earlier discretions in life. Like Shaman, I was a musician in my early years and as a pro musician, I wasn’t surrounded by the most wholesome of influences al the time. I developed a Mauser fetish at one point and experimented with the 7x57 which led me to being curious about the 6.5x55. I was luckier than most guys in my situation in that I ended up playing with some guys based out of Cheyenne for several years where I was exposed to the .308, 45-70, and .300 Win mag. Had it not been for that, I might have ended up with a man bun and a Creedmore. I shudder to think of what could have happened.
Hey guys, don't push a hole in the cheek with that tongue. . laugh
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Being a Creedtard is akin to being blasphemous. There is no forgiveness.

Since this is an Earthly sin, I do not agree.

Matthew 12:31

Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

In order to blaspheme against the Spirit, they would have to commit such an act as to permanently put them beyond repentance. This is not just making an oath against God. This would be something so heinous as to make the Holy Spirit deaf to their pleas. One just doesn't just casually go delving into Sodomy or buy the wrong rifle and get thwacked with Eternal Damnation. For this, you have to purposely and egregiously engage in acts that put you beyond redemption. Demons have earned this. That's why they're demons. 270 Winchester only buys you the earthly torment of hemorrhoids and having to deal with someone else's 5-O'Clock shadow.

I put it to KYHillChick. She was raised in a church that went far deeper into this topic than mine. I explained my thinking on the subject, and the longer I went, the more pained and exasperated her countenance became. I finally came to my summary.

"What do you think?"

"Can I go to the bathroom now?" she said. I take it the Holy Spirit had moved her. She disappeared towards the back of the house, and I have not seen her since. I take that as a sign from above. Make of it as you will.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Hey guys, don't push a hole in the cheek with that tongue. . laugh

This is serious business. Creedmorons must be dealt with harshly.
Originally Posted by billhilly
This thread has forced me to face some of my earlier discretions in life. Like Shaman, I was a musician in my early years and as a pro musician, I wasn’t surrounded by the most wholesome of influences al the time. I developed a Mauser fetish at one point and experimented with the 7x57 which led me to being curious about the 6.5x55. I was luckier than most guys in my situation in that I ended up playing with some guys based out of Cheyenne for several years where I was exposed to the .308, 45-70, and .300 Win mag. Had it not been for that, I might have ended up with a man bun and a Creedmore. I shudder to think of what could have happened.

God was looking out for you.

I grew up going to a Presby church. I never got into this whole Pre-Destination thing. I do, however, see where God tries to nudge you along and allows you to make the right choices.
Yes, I believe he was. I think he put those positive influences there for me to find and through His grace, I was able to be guided back to the path of righteousness .
Just a bit hard to picture some here in a deer stand wearing this getup, but in pink camo. [Linked Image from out.com]
Posted By: IZH27 Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
My .223’s self identify as Creedmoors. I’ve had to learn to live with that.

Long live the 223 CREED( MOOR).
Posted By: Brad Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
I preferred don't ask, don't tell...
One might,--think,-- by,---now, ---the cabin fever would be a thing of the past.
Posted By: AJ300MAG Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
Originally Posted by ingwe

Man, Pat's really rocking that green tube top...
What?[Linked Image]
Heard about a guy they caught a few weeks ago at the Garland range. Had a custom rifle stamped 7mm-08 he was shooting and a M70 30-06 next to him on the bench. When he finally got around to takin a shot with the 06, the recoil knocked his hat aside and one of the fellas thought he saw a man bun hiding under the hat and mentioned it to his buddy. Another regular heard them talking and said he’d been in the restroom washing powder residue off his hands when that guy walked in and sat down in one of the stalls to take a leak. Said he could’ve sworn the dude had spandex on under his trousers as he was zipping up. They got to watching him close after that and sure enough, the guy had CreedMoor rounds hidden under a shooting matt and was loading them in that rifle stamped as a 7mm-08. Turned out he was a closeted CreedMoor shooter and was using the 06 as a beard. I bet they reload for them things in park restrooms late at night. I’ll have to tell the cops to be on the lookout.
It sounds like there's a bunch of guys down in Texas that spend waaay too much time in the men's room watching what other people are doing and wearing. I'd be concerned.
Posted By: Dre Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
Originally Posted by ingwe

That’s funny.
I ran into these guys at Coachella ( the music festival )
Posted By: luv2safari Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20

Yep...

Move over 270-sweetie...

This is the "New Normal". (even sufficiently brown to be PC wink )

Posted By: Romulus Re: I Might be Gay - 03/27/20
.270 are excellent calibers, hunted both big and small games with it
© 24hourcampfire