Home
,...fist time either of us have gone in about 10 days. She said the place was about back to normal. I thought it would get there soon enough. People get tired of panic buying after a while.
Toilet paper is still like gold around here. I hit 3 stores before I found some at Weis. Some individually wrapped no name schit and a limit to 2 rolls. $.50 per roll. I got 2 rolls. I hope it doesn't feel like sandpaper.
It will be so nice when all the madness is over at LAST!
I went today as well. There was plenty of most things even bread. Ground beef was sparse(limit on quantity) . The toilet paper area was bare except for some 4-packs stacked up in the aisle end cap. No one will starve from Grocery unavailability here.
Back to normal here. Brookshire Bros only had a few cars in parking lot at 10 AM
Originally Posted by Bristoe
,...fist time either of us have gone in about 10 days. She said the place was about back to normal. I thought it would get there soon enough. People get tired of panic buying after a while.

Wife works at HEB and said everything but paper products are about back to normal.

Even the meat market was stocked.

Now..When is ranching gonna be profitable again? whistle
I got a 30 pack of TT yesterday at Costco. I have never seen so much toilet paper in one place. Only Cortez upon seeing all that Gold would have been more surprised. Bought a pack of ribeye for the Hoard.
If you know someone who works for Ferguson or Wolseley they can get it for you (I assume they will order it for you, even if you don't know them). Some of the distribution centers have TP in stock, at the moment. You may have to pay freight though.
1700 cases of products this AM.
Zero paper.
3 pallets of pasta and sauce.
Lots of canned veggies.
No sanatizer or wipes.
But I have pallets of beer.
I told my wife that we need to get everything we need before first of the month, because I would say when these people around here come out of the hollows that won’t be much left for a while.
Even if the stores are stocking up, in my burg now aint the time to go.
Infections are getting worse in number.

So me and the cat are staying home, watching Scandinavian moose hunting vids (she on my shoulder).
Was on the rez last week, while having my propane filled and 'Ol Apache woman comes in and gets a carton of cigs and 10 2pack TPs, when the girl rings them up she exclaims... 20 dollars for TP... yes they are 1,89 each. She was muttering as she left with all of it.

Kent
I work with/for/in the paper industry here in WI - we shipped 71,000 MORE loads in March than we did in Feb. A lot of that toilet tissue.

You'd think Taco Bell became the national restaurant.
Originally Posted by hotdog
I told my wife that we need to get everything we need before first of the month, because I would say when these people around here come out of the hollows that won’t be much left for a while.

Nailed it.
Originally Posted by teal
I work with/for/in the paper industry here in WI - we shipped 71,000 MORE loads in March than we did in Feb. A lot of that toilet tissue.

lol
Originally Posted by hookeye
Even if the stores are stocking up, in my burg now aint the time to go.
Infections are getting worse in number.

So me and the cat are staying home, watching Scandinavian moose hunting vids (she on my shoulder).

Hookeye ,
What's the deal with Howard County/Kokomo In. and those cases ? Is it from the Chrysler plant ? I live west of Lafayette about an hour away from there. Pretty quiet around here cases wise. (Which I'm thankful for !)

Bp
Went to Wally World in Ruston, La. yesterday. Everything in good supply, except TP. They did have some no-name brand with 2 small rolls to the pkg. Got 3 pkgs and left some for other folks.
My semi local....favorite butcher let me buy two cases of pork bellies just now.

Our .guv has declared a stay at home order....effective tomorrow.

No one seems to be panicking. Stores are okay.

Not sure what the point of the order was.....nothing has changed.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Wife works at HEB and said everything but paper products are about back to normal.

Even the meat market was stocked.

Now..When is ranching gonna be profitable again? whistle

That's the way it was at our local HEB this morning.
Originally Posted by hotdog

Yes, we went today because things will get scarcer, and more crowded, on payday next Tuesday. We were able to get everything on our list except hand sanitizer.

I wish some of that TP would end up in my neck of the woods.
Originally Posted by StoneCutter

I wish some of that TP would end up in my neck of the woods.

It's out there, lots of rolls fit in a 53 foot trailer.
Cleaned out here. Limits on everything. Only healthy stuff left. Still have beer though!
I live about 2 hours North of NY City. Shelve stock, today, is very low. No detergents for cleaning or laundry, hand soap had 8 bars generic. Few white bread, 8 loaves wheat, no eggs, no cereals, most poultry and meats gone. Plenty of fresh fruits and veggies. Many empty shelves. Found little of what I needed.
Went to only store in our small town yesterday. No TP, few paper towels, no frozen bread dough or yeast and IIRC a lady grabbed the last 5# bag of Gold Medal flour. She was staring at it and the empty shelves when I turned the corner. When I got closer and she seen me staring that way she grabbed it.lol Never seen her before. I was looking to see if any yeast was on the shelf as they told me they thought some would come in Wed or Thur. but didn't happen. Only 4-5 #5 bags of IGA flour left. Eggs and all chicken, pork and beef shelves full of whatever cuts you wanted. Considerable bread and for the most part everything was available in some quantity, size or brand.
People have being eyeing up my stock of big rolls of toilet paper.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Toilet paper is still like gold around here. I hit 3 stores before I found some at Weis. Some individually wrapped no name schit and a limit to 2 rolls. $.50 per roll. I got 2 rolls. I hope it doesn't feel like sandpaper.
I'd be careful wiping too hard with that stuff, have some hand cleaner near by.
Went to the store the other day needing some mustard, they had a ton of tp but no fugging mustard other than that Grey Poopon and other fancy mustards. Wtf?
The Walmart here in PCB had all of the coveted commodities fully stocked. Teeming.

The key is 75% of the population this place is built for...is gone.

So goods are plentiful.

We called the inlaws this morning and took down a shopping list of a few items. I got the big yeti. They hollerin for ground chuck
I was in Winco yesterday. They have lots of most things but a few things are short. They have no paper stuff at all, of any kind. They sell bulk foods and quite a few of the bins are empty. There's plenty of fresh food and meat.
The milk coolers were completely full. However, we're a major dairy area, a half million cows within 75 miles of here. The cows keep producing no matter what bug's going around. The milk keeps coming and has to be sold somewhere. There are several cheese plants here and they keep production going. You can't just shut down an operation like that and tell the cows to stay home. Milk, butter, yogurt, it's all in great supply, especially if you like Chobani. They have a huge factory here.
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
I'd be careful wiping too hard with that stuff, have some hand cleaner near by.

John Wayne toilet paper! eek
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I was in Winco yesterday. They have lots of most things but a few things are short. They have no paper stuff at all, of any kind. They sell bulk foods and quite a few of the bins are empty. There's plenty of fresh food and meat.
The milk coolers were completely full. However, we're a major dairy area, a half million cows within 75 miles of here. The cows keep producing no matter what bug's going around. The milk keeps coming and has to be sold somewhere. There are several cheese plants here and they keep production going. You can't just shut down an operation like and tell the cows to stay home. Milk, butter, yogurt, it's all in great supply, especially if you like Chobani. They have a huge factory here.

Love yogurt. Won't eat Chobani. Too many muslims up there stirring the curds.
I

Went shopping yesterday, which was my first time out of the house in eight days. Still zero paper towels or TP, and zero hand sanitizer. It's been my routine for many years to stay stocked up on regularly used items, so this hasn't yet been a problem for me. Just sayin.
Great to see everybody is so well prepared for emergencies/SHTF and is able to avoid going out for so long. This thing should be over in no time. Sheesh.
FedX brought me a box full of Angel Soft yesterday, it was more than I would have bought normally but it was the only option I had or have seen since this fiasco began...

I did pay normal every day before this began prices.
Wife went to Meijer this morning, saw some shoppers checking out with TP by the time she got to the aisle the shelves were empty. Supplies of most other items are slowly improving, hoarders can't keep on hoarding sooner or later they'll run out of money or space to store stuff.
With just two of us here it doesn't take much to keep us fed. Still, in order not to go out any more than necessary, we've been digging in the freezer and pantry to come up with something to make a meal from so we didn't need to shop.

Found a bag of dried beans and a sack of corn meal in the cupboard, so we're having beans and cornbread for dinner.

It gasses me up something awful. But beans and cornbread is a treat to me.
What day of the month does food stamps come out? I assume its the first of the month because we always try to avoid winco the first Saturday of the month. That's when the food stampers are loading up their cards and the taco truck people are buying all their supplies.

Probably see another little run when people get more food stamps.

Bb
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Wife went to Meijer this morning, saw some shoppers checking out with TP by the time she got to the aisle the shelves were empty. Supplies of most other items are slowly improving, hoarders can't keep on hoarding sooner or later they'll run out of money or space to store stuff.

They're selling the schit on Craigslist for $50 a roll.
With just two of us here it doesn't take much to keep us fed. Still, in order not to go out any more than necessary, we've been digging in the freezer and pantry to come up with something to make a meal from so we didn't need to shop.

Found a bag of dried beans and a sack of corn meal in the cupboard, so we're having beans and cornbread for dinner.

We've been home for 14 days now and I figure we've still got enough supplies here to last a couple more months.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Out of curiosity, I ran SearchTempest, which gives you CL results over a large area, to see what TP's selling for. I only saw 2 ads and both were for the large industrial size, those big rolls that fit in commercial restroom dispensers. The prices were reasonable. One was in Salem, OR and one was in CA.
so we're having beans and cornbread for dinner.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Out of curiosity, I ran SearchTempest, which gives you CL results over a large area, to see what TP's selling for. I only saw 2 ads and both were for the large industrial size, those big rolls that fit in commercial restroom dispensers. The prices were reasonable. One was in Salem, OR and one was in CA.

Yeah I was trying to be hilarious. It'll take me awhile to get my chops back. 😀
Originally Posted by slumlord

lol,..don't think so.
Originally Posted by slumlord

lol,..don't think so.

A burnt anus is a clean anus. That's what I heard.
Originally Posted by 700LH
FedX brought me a box full of Angel Soft yesterday, it was more than I would have bought normally but it was the only option I had or have seen since this fiasco began...

I did pay normal every day before this began prices.

lol, me too, Walmart.com
As previously mentioned, I've long been a fairly serious germ phone. But just knock me in the head if I ever get to the point of lighting my azzhole on fire to get sanitary.
Hope all those aholes like earwigs. Cause rolled paper is the first thing they go for
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
My semi local....favorite butcher let me buy two cases of pork bellies just now.

Our .guv has declared a stay at home order....effective tomorrow.

No one seems to be panicking. Stores are okay.

Not sure what the point of the order was.....nothing has changed.

My wife told me last night we are on a lockdown mode in Mt. I locked down a nice run or two on the river and fished a couple of hours. Nothing has changed here either.
As previously mentioned, I've long been a fairly serious germ phone. But just knock me in the head if I ever get to the point of lighting my azzhole on fire to get sanitary.

🤣🤣

sick Beano is your friend (or your wifes).
We ordered TP online, EBay. Well the idiot UPS delivered it to the house across the street. We confirmed delivery address and signature from UPS. Wife went over and asked for package. Mrs Lee said she didn’t receive any package from UPS, same name on amazon package was on their front porch. Not our favorite neighbors now.

Originally Posted by Old Ornery
We ordered TP online, EBay. Well the idiot UPS delivered it to the house across the street. We confirmed delivery address and signature from UPS. Wife went over and asked for package. Mrs Lee said she didn’t receive any package from UPS, same name on amazon package was on their front porch. Not our favorite neighbors now.

Call UPS and or your local Sheriff's Office

fuggin thief......

100 years from now, descendants of both families recount to The History Channel how the feud traced back to a mistaken TP delivery and some dishonesty in the midst of a non-diarrheal virus outbreak and inexplicable TP hoarding/shortages.

When I saw the title I was already to troll your ass for being another pandemic grocery store tourist! But instead.... props buddy. 10 days is a good haul if everyone did half that we'd be way ahead of the game.
Originally Posted by tikkanut

fuggin thief......

This. mad
Originally Posted by tikkanut

fuggin thief......

Yep, they’ll get 20-life for that theft!
Seriously … how many of you guys would make that call?

Hello sheriff I want to report the theft of my toilet paper. It was my neighbour.

Things that make you go WTF? lol
Originally Posted by Salty303

When I saw the title I was already to troll your ass for being another pandemic grocery store tourist! But instead.... props buddy. 10 days is a good haul if everyone did half that we'd be way ahead of the game.

We could have gone longer and neither of us would have minded. But our pharmacy is at the grocery (it's a big mega grocery) and she needed to pick up a prescription.

Believe me,..I'm plenty neurotic about this schitt. I was uneasy about it when I first heard of it. Then the first case in the state came from about 4 miles from my house.
Originally Posted by Salty303

We could have gone longer and neither of us would have minded. But our pharmacy is at the grocery (it's a big mega grocery) and she needed to pick up a prescription.

Believe me,..I'm plenty neurotic about this schitt. I was uneasy about it when I first heard of it. Then the first case in the state came from about 4 miles from my house.

I was a nay sayer a couple months ago, won't be worse than the normal flu yada yada. But then northern Italy, then a few cases in this region then those numbers grew to a couple hundred and a few started dying. I've been a hand washing stay at home SOB the last two weeks. I do go out when I need to but give everyone a wide birth as most everyone else here is doing as well. Its up to all of us how this will play out and its pretty damn simple to do the right thing.
We've been out of TP for days. Have Kleenex and a few packages of flushable wet wipes. Scott blue shop paper towels are also surprisingly soft and effective.
© 24hourcampfire