Home
Posted By: TheKid What to do - 03/27/20
So a lady at work got a cough a couple weeks ago and went to the Doc. Apparently Dr told her she had walking pneumonia and she then went ahead and dragged into work for the next 10 days or so for whatever reason. She got bad and went to the hospital last Friday where they admitted her. I get a call from the emergency line at work last night at 10:30 telling me that and employee, who we all know is her, tested positive for COVID19. Went in this AM and they have a crew with some high powered disinfecting machine doing the whole compound and they send us all home. Early this afternoon we’re all informed that we cannot come back to work until sometime in early April and that we’re supposed to self quarantine.

No more instructions were given. Does this mean I need to lock myself in the house? Just don’t go to the stores and what not? I have fence to build and fish to catch, I assume these activities are okay since I won’t be interacting with the general population.

Of course I have been playing with my son and sleeping in the same bed as my wife all this time. And of course my wife has an autoimmune disorder so we got that going for us.

What’s a guy to do?
Posted By: luv2safari Re: What to do - 03/27/20
"What’s a guy to do?"

Demand that your doctor order a test.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: What to do - 03/27/20
Everybody at work is exposed. What good will it do to shut it down when everyone is exposed anyway? Work until you actually get sick, then stay home. Many who are exposed won't get it anyway. Just stay away from unexposed people when you're not at work. Your family is exposed, too, so avoiding them won't matter.
Posted By: TheKid Re: What to do - 03/27/20
I don’t have a doctor and the hospital is about the last place I want to go with all these sick fuggers running around there hacking and sneezing on everything.
Posted By: gunswizard Re: What to do - 03/27/20
Explain the circumstances to your doctor and request a test. No need to "demand" this of your doctor.
Posted By: crittrgittr Re: What to do - 03/27/20
Clean and disinfect everything in your house that you can and also your cars, and anything else that you have been around or near.
Posted By: Paul_M Re: What to do - 03/27/20
Damn, I hope you didn't catch it.
Seeing as your wife has an autoimmune disorder, for her sake you need to stay the heck away from your wife and son.
If it's possible I wouldn't even stay in the house, use the same bathroom, ect.
Hoping it missed you.

Don't forget that you supposedly can have this and feel fine but still infect people before you actually show symptoms.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: What to do - 03/27/20
Id probably self quarantine away from everyone just to be safe.
Posted By: slumlord Re: What to do - 03/27/20
Do you have a digital oral thermometer?

Keep you temp monitored, low grade fever is a possible early symptom.

You should stay low key for a period,

I’d probably still build my fence, and go fishing BUT, that’s if I already had my materials. I would do your fellow man a favor and not go to Lowe’s or hardware store.

If you were launching a boat, without a big whoop-ti-do, I might still go for it. Maybe be courteous and wear a mask if you have to be near anyone. Stay in another part of the house, get Clorox wipes and wipe down the fridge handle and anything you touch to protect your wife.

Posted By: Salty303 Re: What to do - 03/27/20
What ever you do keep 6 feet minimum from everyone else. Stay home as much as possible get others to shop for you if you can if not again, 6 feet minimum. Wash your hands many times a day. If you start feeling at all sick you should stay home period.
That’s the thing. This lady came in for 10 days with this and I was in her area twice a day before we had any idea. I figure if I have or had it everyone in my household has already been exposed. Don’t figure there’s much I can do for us in my house now.

I guess I’ll just steer clear of joe public for the time being.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: What to do - 03/27/20
Don't look for medical advice on 24HCF. Ask your doctor what to do.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: What to do - 03/27/20
Originally Posted by slumlord

I’d probably still build my fence, and go fishing BUT, that’s if I already had my materials. I would do your fellow man a favor and not go to Lowe’s or hardware store.

If you were launching a boat, without a big whoop-ti-do, I might still go for it. Maybe be courteous and wear a mask if you have to be near anyone. Stay in another part of the house, get Clorox wipes and wipe down the fridge handle and anything you touch to protect your wife.

Great advice, Slum!
Originally Posted by TheKid
That’s the thing. This lady came in for 10 days with this and I was in her area twice a day before we had any idea. I figure if I have or had it everyone in my household has already been exposed. Don’t figure there’s much I can do for us in my house now.

I guess I’ll just steer clear of joe public for the time being.

See what you can dig up for local health authorities in your area. But out here for instance similar deal, gal at my wife's work came back from a hot spot and wasn't feeling that hot. They didn't test her as she wasn't sick enough, there's no where enough testing kits for all but the most serious scenarios so she was confirmed a "presumptive case" and told 2 weeks self isolation. If she gets real sick call a hospital. She didn't btw she just passed the 2 week period and is doing well now.
Posted By: Fubarski Re: What to do - 03/27/20
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Great advice, Slum!

More accurate, ta go anal.

Why take a chance?

But, whatever ya do, don't call your doctor.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: What to do - 03/27/20
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Why take a chance?

Just make sure you know which thermometer is which! grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: hanco Re: What to do - 03/27/20
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Why take a chance?

Just make sure you know which thermometer is which! grin

That’s nasty
laugh

Fellow Campfire member sent me that!

We'll see if he fesses up to it! smile
Posted By: smokepole Re: What to do - 03/27/20
Do you know how to tell the difference between an oral thermometer and a rectal thermometer?

By the taste......
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Pretty sure he said he didn’t have a doctor.

I’ll reread it myself.

I don’t have a doctor and the hospital is about the last place I want to go with all these sick fuggers running around there hacking and sneezing on everything.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: What to do - 03/27/20
Evidently most of those exposed do not come down with the virus. Virtually all that do, survive. It is what it is, and that ain’t smallpox or the Black Plague.
I may be wrong, but I thought Dr Birx asked that tests not be used on asymptotic and suspect cases.

They’re sort of in short supply.

Posted By: jaguartx Re: What to do - 03/27/20
laugh

Hey, that's my thermometer? That's personal schiett I'll have you know, pal.
I may be wrong, but I thought Dr Birx asked that tests not be used on asymptotic and suspect cases.

Yes.

That's common sense. Which is vastly lacking.

You don't have the symptoms, why waste a test?
Originally Posted by jaguartx
laugh

Hey, that's my thermometer? That's personal schiett I'll have you know, pal.

You need to switch it over to Fahrenheit!

You're not.
I just got off the horn with a good buddy I grew up with who is an ER doc. He says since it’s been 7 days since the last time she was at work and The Wife and I haven’t shown any symptoms that odds are that we’re clear. He said if we lose our sense of smell or taste to call him ASAP to get in somewhere as that’s likely the first sign for most folks.

He did advise us to stay away from folks as much as we can just in general and that my wife is to be a germophobe shutin due to her condition.

He did tell me that this is bad bad juju for oldsters and to have my grandparents stay out of the public. His words were this is worse than we thought in regards to those over 65.

Pretty sure he said he didn’t have a doctor.

I’ll reread it myself.

Slum where the hell would the fire be without you? I thought I was the only one who actually reads threads before replying.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: What to do - 03/27/20
[Linked Image from i.ytimg.com]
Posted By: kwg020 Re: What to do - 03/28/20

My doctor is busy as hell. I'll bet yours is too. If I wanted a question answered I'd have to leave it on a voice mail and maybe on Monday someone would listen to it. Maybe by Wednesday I could get a call back. Calling someone to get a medical opinion right now is mission impossible if you want a timely answer. I don't see that changing for anther month, if we are lucky. I'll just stay at home reloading ammo and waiting for the revolution to start. I'll go to Walmart when the Black Velvet runs out or I get the Covid and end up in the National Guard tent city hospital. I'll wait for Doc Rocket to give me an update and make decisions from there.

kwg
Posted By: LeroyBeans Re: What to do - 03/28/20
Simple, just read this thread and you are cured. https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...8402/covid-19-the-science-is-not-settled

DocRocket has all the answers....
Posted By: jwall Re: What to do - 03/28/20
I just got off the horn with a good buddy I grew up with who is an ER doc. He says since it’s been 7 days since the last time she was at work and The Wife and I haven’t shown any symptoms that odds are that we’re clear. He said if we lose our sense of smell or taste to call him ASAP to get in somewhere as that’s likely the first sign for most folks.

He did advise us to stay away from folks as much as we can just in general and that my wife is to be a germophobe shutin due to her condition.

He did tell me that this is bad bad juju for oldsters and to have my grandparents stay out of the public. His words were this is worse than we thought in regards to those over 65.

Hey, KId

That's about as good inside info as you can get and it 'sounds' good.

I'm wishing you & family THE BEST....no cold, flu, or coronoVirus.

Stay safe and Stay well.

Me personally, I'd build fence and go fishing.

Jerry

ADDED:

Posted By: jwall Re: What to do - 03/28/20
Originally Posted by smokepole
Do you know how to tell the difference between an oral thermometer and a rectal thermometer?

By the taste......

grin grin grin

Smokey.... you won't do !! laugh
Posted By: smokepole Re: What to do - 03/28/20

Yes.

That's common sense. Which is vastly lacking.

You don't have the symptoms, why waste a test?

True now with tests in short supply. But once Abbott Labs ramps up their productions and we have enough tests for everyone to get tested, we can let those who aren't infected get back to work.
© 24hourcampfire