Home
Posted By: OAM Baby name Poll (Corona) - 03/28/20
Crazy times to be having a baby. My wife is due on April 2nd. Our doc is planning on inducing on the 7th if she hasnt gone into labor by then. I am really fighting to make her middle name Corona. My wife hates it. I thought it would be cool given the circumstances. Leah Corona Swanson would be her full name. Thoughts?
Never give a child a name your wife hates. Uncle of mine loved Gale, Aunt loved Linda so Linda Gale. Uncle still called her Gale, Aunt called her Linda. Frustrating for the child to know each parent didn't like one of her names.
Posted By: tnscouter Re: Baby name Poll (Corona) - 03/28/20
Good thing she wasn't born during the 2009 Swine Flu pandemic. smile -tnscouter
Posted By: kingston Re: Baby name Poll (Corona) - 03/28/20
Right up there with Lucifer.
I didn’t see that you’re expecting a girl, so I change my example to Medusa.
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Baby name Poll (Corona) - 03/28/20
Your a retard to totally piss off your wife by showing so little respect for her. Hey you asked . .MB
Posted By: rong Re: Baby name Poll (Corona) - 03/28/20
Personally ,I think I would forgo anything the missus doesn't like,has the potential to haunt you for a loonng time.
I also wouldn't want the kid to feel any negativity about the virus.
Just nickname her Rona...
Posted By: jacksprat Re: Baby name Poll (Corona) - 03/28/20
Better than Tyquasia Zyhon or other variants, but I’d certainly not name her something my wife hates. At the end of the day, dagummit you wear the pants, so name that baby want you want to name her.

*pot stirring intensifies*
Posted By: Gun_Geezer Re: Baby name Poll (Corona) - 03/28/20
Big mistake
If we were buddies, I would suggest you compromise on the middle name Jinavirus. (Sorry). Even if we did know each other that well, I'd expect a smack in the teeth! But if you think about it, it might keep the boys away when she gets a little older!? Again, I apologize. It's really early & haven't had any coffee yet.
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Baby name Poll (Corona) - 03/28/20
This is about the most ridiculous idea I've yet heard concerning the virus and/or naming a child. I sincerely hope you're simply trolling.
Posted By: akasparky Re: Baby name Poll (Corona) - 03/28/20
Originally Posted by OAM
I thought it would be cool given the circumstances. Leah Corona Swanson would be her full name. Thoughts?

Posted By: tpcollins Re: Baby name Poll (Corona) - 03/28/20
Just remember,
“happy wife - happy life".
Posted By: hanco Re: Baby name Poll (Corona) - 03/28/20
That’s stupid if you ask me. Why a reminder of a terrible thing.
Posted By: aalf Re: Baby name Poll (Corona) - 03/28/20
Throw the names in a hat.......

Pull out a name.......

The winner is........

6 7/8ths........

grin
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Baby name Poll (Corona) - 03/28/20
Many of the names being used today are cute for a little kid but the poor kid will still be stuck with it at 50 or 60. They won't sound nearly as cute then. Some of them are so bad they could be called child abuse.
Have some respect for your child.
Posted By: nighthawk Re: Baby name Poll (Corona) - 03/28/20
Beats Dos Equis or Carta Blanca (as in airhead)
Posted By: hanco Re: Baby name Poll (Corona) - 03/28/20
My wifey would hit me if I even suggested that!
Posted By: nyrifleman Re: Baby name Poll (Corona) - 03/28/20
I like Leah Covid Swanson.
Could play a song for her to decide ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo7HB-slsm4
Posted By: memtb Re: Baby name Poll (Corona) - 03/28/20
Rr
Originally Posted by OAM
Crazy times to be having a baby. My wife is due on April 2nd. Our doc is planning on inducing on the 7th if she hasnt gone into labor by then. I am really fighting to make her middle name Corona. My wife hates it. I thought it would be cool given the circumstances. Leah Corona Swanson would be her full name. Thoughts?

My wife loves it! memtb
Posted By: dale06 Re: Baby name Poll (Corona) - 03/28/20
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Your a retard to totally piss off your wife by showing so little respect for her. Hey you asked . .MB

And naming your child after a disease.

Don’t do it and get a vasectomy, soon as possible.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Baby name Poll (Corona) - 03/28/20
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob

And naming your child after a disease.

Don’t do it and get a vasectomy, soon as possible.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Baby name Poll (Corona) - 03/28/20
Reminds me of a joke! The little boy boy ask his dad. How did i get my name dad! The dad says it's a tribal custom, to take the baby from the wigwam, go out into the world, hold the baby to the stars,, and name the child after the first thing you see! Why do you ask Two Dogs [bleep]?
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Baby name Poll (Corona) - 03/28/20
After she pops that kid out through that little hole you'd better let her call it whatever she wants..........Just sayin'.
Posted By: jnyork Re: Baby name Poll (Corona) - 03/28/20
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Many of the names being used today are cute for a little kid but the poor kid will still be stuck with it at 50 or 60. They won't sound nearly as cute then. Some of them are so bad they could be called child abuse.
Have some respect for your child.

This. Imagine the poor child growing up having to explain why Mom and Dad gave her the name of an evil sickness.

Go with your wife's wishes, you'll be MUCH happier in the long run.

BTW, Leah is a very nice name.
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
This is about the most ridiculous idea I've yet heard concerning the virus and/or naming a child. I sincerely hope you're simply trolling.

^^^^^This^^^^^

Definitely the worst virus and baby naming thread on the Fire.

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/camp-ujaama/n10690
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Baby name Poll (Corona) - 03/28/20
If you ever want another factory tour, let her have her way.
Posted By: sawbuck Re: Baby name Poll (Corona) - 03/28/20
I guess her birth is coming a few centuries too late to be christened Bubonic.
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Baby name Poll (Corona) - 03/28/20
Why would you do that to your own child, let alone your wife?
Posted By: OAM Re: Baby name Poll (Corona) - 03/28/20
I hardly think floating the idea warrants a vasectomy. My two sons both have unique middle names. Both are named after islands in the Kodiak archipelago. My oldest son name is Warren Shuyak my other is Bodie Semidi. I just wanted her to have something interesting also. Her mom wasnt going to let it happen anyway...
Posted By: slumlord Re: Baby name Poll (Corona) - 03/28/20
Coco for short
Posted By: reivertom Re: Baby name Poll (Corona) - 03/28/20
Originally Posted by OAM

Name her whatever your wife agrees on, or you will never stop hearing about it, eventually from both of them. If you must, why not go full ghetto and call her "LaCorona D'covideesha Swanson"?
Posted By: jc189 Re: Baby name Poll (Corona) - 03/28/20
Don't do it. Nobody knows what the future holds. She will be stuck with that name for the rest of her life.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Baby name Poll (Corona) - 03/28/20
All of my dogs have the same middle name. “Louise”

Magnus-Louise, he knows I’m really disappointed in him when the middle name is applied.

My child naming days are thankfully over.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Baby name Poll (Corona) - 03/28/20
Corona or deflave...Tell your lovely wife to choose one. Grins 😎
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Baby name Poll (Corona) - 03/28/20
Rudrick Cadwallador Swanson gets my vote.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Baby name Poll (Corona) - 03/28/20
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
Big mistake

Awful name for a girl to live with.
© 24hourcampfire