Home
Posted By: shaman An honest question about Cuomo - 03/29/20
I've been hearing all this hype about Andrew Cuomo lately. Folks are saying that Biden is deteriorating so much that he won't be viable by the convention. My opinion was he wasn't viable before 2008, but what do I know? Cuomo is being touted as the most likely guy to come in at the last minute and take the nomination and go on to beat Trump in November.

Here's what I do not understand: Cuomo's state is right now a cesspool of Covid-19. You can blame some of that on deBlasio, but an astute guy like Cuomo could have closed the bridges leading out of NYC. There's all sorts of things he could have done to minimize the spread of the virus in his state, but he didn't. Now he's the Democrat's top pick?

Here's one place where the numbers don't lie. When there are refugees flooding out of a guy's state and his neighbors are trying round them up and send them back, you don't go saying "This is the guy for me!"

Optics? I've tried to stay on top of all this. I'm over 60 and I've got a bunch of complications; if it hits me, I'll be one they put off to the side on a gurney in the hall. I watch this stuff intently. Optics? Cuomo screams that the Feds need to build him hospitals right frickin' now. Trump says he'll send a hospital ship to NYC. How come Andrew can't build his own frickin' hospitals? How long does building a hospital take (versus pulling a hospital ship into the harbor). To me, Cuomo has been a day late and a dollar short on all this from the get-go, and if memory serves me, he was poo-pooing the problem back over the winter.

Why is this the guy I should dump Trump for? How is he somehow better than Joe or Bernie or Fauxcahontas? Is it becaus he somehow looks Presidential? Is it because his feelings are in the right place? What? Tell me? What's this guy got that DJT doesn't?

. . . well, besides a brother that works at CNN.

Please, someone point me in the right direction.

It's going to be Hillary. NFW will she let anyone else have it
Originally Posted by hicountry
It's going to be Hillary. NFW will she let anyone else have it

Good!
I’d love to see her lose again!
Cuomo had the chance to buy ventilators for the people of NY, he declined and instead invested in the liberal agenda.
Cuomo needs to continue to snivel in place.
The hospital ship is on it's way. It left Norfolk, VA yesterday. They're putting it in a cruise ship birth but they have to dredge it a little to get enough depth. I can't find any word on when it will arrive. The ship will be handling NON-CV19 cases to take the load off the city hospitals.

As far as Cuomo goes, the Dems are desperate for ANYONE who might have a long shot at beating Trump. They don't have a single viable candidate at this time.
Cuomo is a lot of things including a class A POS, but I don't think he's stupid. I've believed for a long time he is setting himself up for a run in 2024 when he has a good chance of winning. I don't think he's going to let the DNC draft him to run against Trump.
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Cuomo had the chance to buy ventilators for the people of NY, he declined and instead invested in the liberal agenda.

True story. ^

Cuomo is worse than bloomberg and better at hiding it.
Originally Posted by bbassi
Cuomo is a lot of things including a class A POS, but I don't think he's stupid. I've believed for a long time he is setting himself up for a run in 2024 when he has a good chance of winning. I don't think he's going to let the DNC draft him to run against Trump.

Reasonably astute. ^

It wont be him in 2020.
He is a POS
Many will be fooled that he isnt a POS becuase he has political instinct.
Just remember, he's a POS.
Cuomo is gender challenged. What a do nothing Whiny Bitch, just like his father.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The hospital ship is on it's way. It left Norfolk, VA yesterday. They're putting it in a cruise ship birth but they have to dredge it a little to get enough depth. I can't find any word on when it will arrive. ..

Not a sailor, but if the ship can't make that run in less than 30 hours I would be surprised.
Dredging takes time.
We have heard for a week about the 2 hospital ships getting ready to go U/W.
NY is bankrupt

Sure, let's put him in charge of the country...
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The hospital ship is on it's way. It left Norfolk, VA yesterday. They're putting it in a cruise ship birth but they have to dredge it a little to get enough depth. I can't find any word on when it will arrive. The ship will be handling NON-CV19 cases to take the load off the city hospitals.

As far as Cuomo goes, the Dems are desperate for ANYONE who might have a long shot at beating Trump. They don't have a single viable candidate at this time.

It arrives Monday and will begin taking patients Tuesday.
I think 2024 is when he will try. Trump knows all of Andys crimes and faults.
NY is bankrupt

Sure, let's put him in charge of the country...

This, among other things. he has no record to run on. Our state has been at the top for residents leaving for the last several years, to the tune of 80,000 a year. Cuomo says it is because of the weather, obviously has nothing to do with him running the state into the ground, LOL! NYC thinks he is great, pretty much all of upstate has no use for him. Which is a big reason he chose not to run, upstate is pretty much like middle america. He can't win that vote. This gushing the media is doing over him right now isn't enough to eclipse his record, and middle America isn't really interested in a NYC liberal being President when it comes down to it.

https://wnyt.com/politics/cuomo-re-elected-new-york-governor-after-only-winning-15-counties/5136981/
i don't like that SOB but i can't see that he did anything different than any other governor would have. can you imagine if he had closed NYC weeks ago when it would have made a difference? the public outcry would have been deafening. this is the same as blaming trump for not reacting in time. who the hell would have thought this would happen like this? i blame the f ucken chinese. they live like animals in a schithole country because their govt is repressive, controlling and corrupt. get rid of the chicom's and this problem would not have happened like this.
Originally Posted by rem141r
i don't like that SOB but i can't see that he did anything different than any other governor would have. can you imagine if he had closed NYC weeks ago when it would have made a difference? the public outcry would have been deafening. this is the same as blaming trump for not reacting in time. who the hell would have thought this would happen like this? i blame the f ucken chinese. they live like animals in a schithole country because their govt is repressive, controlling and corrupt. get rid of the chicom's and this problem would not have happened like this.

You are correct. He hasn't done anything special during this crisis, other than hold his "daily chat with Andy" press conferences. He and Trump have pretty much been step for step during this. The media likes one of them and hates the other and the coverage reflects that for anyone paying attention.
I agree with that they seem to be trying to draft Cuomo, but in any scenario like that I would think that Bernie and his supporters would stage a revolt..... will be interesting.
Originally Posted by shaman

Why is this the guy I should dump Trump for? How is he somehow better than Joe or Bernie or Fauxcahontas? Is it becaus he somehow looks Presidential? Is it because his feelings are in the right place? What? Tell me? What's this guy got that DJT doesn't?

You need to ask the resident Bolsheviks.
Originally Posted by TimZ
I agree with that they seem to be trying to draft Cuomo, but in any scenario like that I would think that Bernie and his supporters would stage a revolt..... will be interesting.

I have been thinking that as well. If they jump right over Bernie to someone who hasn't gone through the process I think they have a similar problem to 2016 where Bernie's supporters turn their back on their nominee. Democrats are still in a bad, bad place with 7 months to go.
I've been hearing all this hype about Andrew Cuomo lately. Folks are saying that Biden is deteriorating so much that he won't be viable by the convention. My opinion was he wasn't viable before 2008, but what do I know? Cuomo is being touted as the most likely guy to come in at the last minute and take the nomination and go on to beat Trump in November.

Here's what I do not understand: Cuomo's state is right now a cesspool of Covid-19. You can blame some of that on deBlasio, but an astute guy like Cuomo could have closed the bridges leading out of NYC. There's all sorts of things he could have done to minimize the spread of the virus in his state, but he didn't. Now he's the Democrat's top pick?

Here's one place where the numbers don't lie. When there are refugees flooding out of a guy's state and his neighbors are trying round them up and send them back, you don't go saying "This is the guy for me!"

Optics? I've tried to stay on top of all this. I'm over 60 and I've got a bunch of complications; if it hits me, I'll be one they put off to the side on a gurney in the hall. I watch this stuff intently. Optics? Cuomo screams that the Feds need to build him hospitals right frickin' now. Trump says he'll send a hospital ship to NYC. How come Andrew can't build his own frickin' hospitals? How long does building a hospital take (versus pulling a hospital ship into the harbor). To me, Cuomo has been a day late and a dollar short on all this from the get-go, and if memory serves me, he was poo-pooing the problem back over the winter.

Not getting into presidential race speculation.

The problem with closing the bridges is that it would have been too late. The horse was out of the barn when presymptomatic and asymptomatic carriers starting transmitting the virus along all the commuter lines.....rail, subway, ferries, roads. This is a universal problem wherever there are bedroom communities with a large segment of the population commuting to and from dense population areas. We are in rural Michigan but perhaps 20% of the county population works in cities 30-50 miles down the freeway. And those areas down the freeway have rapidly growing coronavirus case loads.
The guy is too ugly to get elected.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
The guy is too ugly to get elected.

.......... Must be why I can't stand the sight of him, or the sound of his voice. His only redeeming talent is that he's a great actor. He's currently starring in the latest "Dear Leader" daily soap opera where he plays a fearless leader. When this crisis is over he can go back to hating Trump, suing the federal government, destroying the constitution, welcoming illegal aliens with open arms and free money, and driving conservatives out of the state, because ... "That's not who New Yorkers are". With his record I can't believe he would have a chance at the presidency,...... but then; look at some of the other fruitcakes currently competing for it...... It's downright scary.
The democrats have no chance. None. Might as well call the election over by now.
Agreed. I have never seen a weaker position.
you could leave off the last ition.
He should be governor of NYC, that should be its own state anyway. He and gender challenged DiBlasio could be co-emperors.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
The democrats have no chance. None. Might as well call the election over by now.

It's not the votes that count, it's who counts the votes, and that right there gives the Democrats more than a fighting chance.
I don't know if the Establishment will draft Cuomo, but he is the odds on favorite.

He is young, only 62, he has name recognition, he has the complete power of the media behind him, especially AT&T, he doesn't have dementia, he hasn't claimed love for Castro and other communist dictators, he's a smooth talker and Most of All He is Not Donald J Trump, that right there will get him almost if not more than 50% of the popular vote.

That said, I still think the person behind the curtain is a woman, not Hillary, but a woman, prolly a black woman.
My bet is that the vice pres candidate is the real focus of the DNC. Biden is SUPPOSED to fall apart. (going faster then planed however) His VP is the real one that is the hope of the top Dem/Comms. Hillary may well be placed into the VP slot. And if not on the ticket the VP will be persuaded to step down and the Hildibeast will step in. Once in place the President will step down by his own will, or by the will of "others". (like Epstein did just because he was so "embarrassed" you know...........)

Either Hillary or someone she controls will be the real power in office if the Dem/Comms are successful in rigging the next election. Harris or Abrams would be 2 such people. There could be more. But vote fraud is 100% of their plan for the next election. At this point all their eggs have to be in that basket.

Bank on that!!!!!!!
Cuomo doesn't understand honest questions.

He lost me just a few days ago, when instead of asking the Federal government for help, he demanded it under the premises NY was owed the help.
Originally Posted by Barkoff

He lost me just a few days ago, when instead of asking the Federal government for help, he demanded it under the premises NY was owed the help.

That right there is the downfall of NYS. The mentality that the government owes people things.

I've now come to that conclusion, also. At first I thought he was positioning for a run now, but I'll bet Hillary is "drafted", and Biden was sent out to gather a large delegate pool for her, along with the bought off super delegates. There won't be a first ballot majority for anyone, and Biden, "for the good of the party and nation" will throw his delegates at the witch.

No elections or politicians are honest. It's all in the perception...
cumload is a class A POS
Originally Posted by Crockettnj

True story. ^

Yet I havent seen any Rs make this case on TV. If it's not shown on TV, it will get no traction.
Originally Posted by steve4102
I don't know if the Establishment will draft Cuomo, but he is the odds on favorite.

He is young, only 62, he has name recognition, he has the complete power of the media behind him, especially AT&T, he doesn't have dementia, he hasn't claimed love for Castro and other communist dictators, he's a smooth talker and Most of All He is Not Donald J Trump, that right there will get him almost if not more than 50% of the popular vote.

That said, I still think the person behind the curtain is a woman, not Hillary, but a woman, prolly a black woman.

Orca? I'm mean oprah?
Originally Posted by Barkoff

He lost you?

Ya mean you were considering him?
Posted By: las Re: An honest question about Cuomo - 03/29/20
Originally Posted by Crockettnj

True story. ^

He is, of course, at least indirectly blaming Trump in his interviews for the crises in NY. Ugly is as ugly does, and he has a lock on it both physically and in personality.
He is the only one that scares me. Try to pretend you are truly one of the undecided and watch one of his performances. He has the juice.
He's on now with his daily spew.,
He does have the media backing,so if they did slide in,he would have an advantage during any debates
Originally Posted by rong
He's on now with his daily spew.,
He does have the media backing,so if they did slide in,he would have an advantage during any debates

Whomever the nominee is, they will have the advantage in the debates.

The Democrat nominee will be given the questions in advance as well as coached at to the correct answers. No different than 2016, only this time they will be a little more cautious to avoid getting caught.
© 24hourcampfire