Home
Welcome Home!
Thank you and ditto to all.....

Better welcome home than received 51 years ago.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Thanks, mcknight77, much appreciated and the same to all who served.

Certainly better for returning GI's now than it was back then. My days of despising liberals can be traced back to those times.

PS, nice post, Rocky.
Welcome home and thank you for all you did.
Originally Posted by michiganroadkill
Thank you and ditto to all.....

Better welcome home than received 51 years ago.

That's for sure.

I was there at the airport, along with his family, to meet and welcome my boyhood friend back from the war. There were maggot infested dope smoking hippies protesting and calling the soldiers and Marines baby killers. One of them "accidentally" tripped on the escalator right behind me and cut the [bleep] out of himself. The airport security guard smiled and looked the other way.

Again, Welcome Home veterans.
Thanks mcknight and thanks to all of you guys that served there.

RVN 67-70

A salute of respect and gratitude for those that put themselves on the line for our nation back in those days..

I still hate the fact our government tied the hands of those in country, to win the war, while they micromanaged it from Wash DC..

and will forever hate hippies who attacked you and called you baby killers when you returned home..

The same ones that are big on abortion rights today...

This nation owes you a debt of gratitude it can never repay...yet most of you don't even expect it..

you did your jobs and served....in harms way...when your nation needed you..God Bless
Thank you for all you did for us.
Welcome home, brothers !

Semper Fi

RVN 69-70
[quote=RockyRaab][Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

--------------------------

THANKS Rocky.

It makes me sick to my stomach - today - to think of the way OUR vets were MIStreated when they GOT to come home.
58,000 + didn't get to make that trip. cry

S A L U T E ' to our Viet Nam and ALL American Vets.

I appreciate YOUR sacrifices for Me, my Family, America, AND those who did not appreciate what ALL you did.

cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Thank all of you for your service!
This is also the anniversary of my ETS, 46 years ago.

I served stateside, welcome home to all of my brothers who did not.
Thanks to those who served in Vietnam! I spent a number of those years on a fleet ballistic missile submarine.
Thanks, all! It's a sad commentary on things to realize that the sniveling cowards who refused to serve their country back then are the ones running things now, and they're still sending our best and brightest, and most patriotic young people to be crippled in body and spirit while "defending" people who hate us. We need to rethink the meaning of the phrase "enemies foreign and domestic" and address the real problem that we face!
Jerry
Thanks McKnight, and welcome home to you as well, along with the rest of you to were willing to risk it all.
I'm another stateside vet from that era. Richard Nixon cancelled my scheduled, all expense paid, spring of 1970 trip to Viet Nam with those 1970 troop reductions. Probably one of the best things to happen to me. We lost a guy a year ahead of me in my high school and one of my buddies came back with both legs shattered from a roadside bomb. My buddy I went in with did a tour and came back in one piece and "all there". But I still got called a " F'ing Baby Killer !" by being in uniform with a couple of other servicemen standing outside a bus station in D.C. late one night by a group of hippy types driving by. Back then just being in uniform would get you "Baby Killer" status. Welcome back, Bros.
Didn’t know there was a VV Day. Where have I been?
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Didn’t know there was a VV Day. Where have I been?

News to me too, Dan.
https://militarybenefits.info/national-vietnam-war-veterans-day/
McKnight77: Indeed welcome home and thank you for your service Vietnam Veterans (including my older brother who served 2 [two!]) tours of duty there in Vietnam.
And to the 5 (five!) members of my graduating Class of Renton High School 1965 (851 seniors that year in the graduating class) who DID NOT come home alive - I am forever grateful for your service and your ultimate sacrifice!
May you rest in peace.
And to my best friend David Anglemeyer who was killed while in training for Viet Nam here in the United States as a young Marine - I miss you still and named the eldest VarmintSon in your name and in your honor - Thank You Dave!
I echo the disdain that others have for the horror that our politicians and some generals put our young war fighters into without ANY intention of winning thatfucking war in the first place!
May YOU sons of bitches and daughters of whores anguish in hell forever!
And thank you McKnight77 for the timely reminder of this day - I had not heard of it ANYWHERE else.
58,200 (fifty eight thousand two hundred) IIRC, young men and women killed and countless others maimed, and harmed mentally for naught - WTF!
Don't get me started!
Lesson learned by me, but I fear not by many of our leaders.
I guess we must all be careful who we vote for?
Thanks again.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Established in 2017 by guess who? Maybe he feels a little guilty for not serving?

https://www.military.com/veterans-day/vietnam-veterans-day

Jerry
Hotrod Linclon: Are you trying to infer somehow that our President, Donald J. Trump is a coward?
If you are then I contend you are fullofshit!
You are not half the man he is - and if you think not then get your sorry ass up off of the couch and run for President and try to fight the ongoing (three and a half [bleep] years now!) battle that has been heaped upon him!
I don't see President Donald J. Trump cowering from any attacks or any problems or any foreign leader - do you?
On second thought I could give a rats ass less what you "think" - FU!
Your pathetic attempt at besmirchment of our nations leader is just an indication of how small and cowardly a corksucker you are!
In short shut thefuck you pathetic piece of schidt!
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by Seafire
A salute of respect and gratitude for those that put themselves on the line for our nation back in those days..

I still hate the fact our government tied the hands of those in country, to win the war, while they micromanaged it from Wash DC..

and will forever hate hippies who attacked you and called you baby killers when you returned home..

This nation owes you a debt of gratitude it can never repay...yet most of you don't even expect it..

you did your jobs and served....in harms way...when your nation needed you..God Bless

Well said

kwg
Originally Posted by Seafire

+100
There are two types of people- - - - -veterans and cowards. I've served in combat so I've earned the right to express an opinion.
Jerry
Regardless where you served during that period, I stand and applaud you and your sacrifice, say thank you and welcome home.
Sent to stop the spread of communism. Now we owe the communists 2 trillion dollars, and lots of Americans wish to be communist.

I can't wrap my head around it.
Thank you for your service.
I just looked at three calendars, not designated .

But last Sunday was World Water Day.
I'm still celebrating International Woman's Day. Welcome home brothersgrin In this country LGBTQ are better represented and have more political clout than do Vets. Thanks to all that support our military and LE.

mike r
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
There are two types of people- - - - -veterans and cowards. I've served in combat so I've earned the right to express an opinion.
Jerry

No offense intended for Varmint Guy....

but I HAVE always maintained... you served in harms way in uniform... YOU HAVE earned the right to think what you want...

Most people in our nation rreally haven't earned the right...

I don't think someone should be allowed to run and be elected as a Senator or Congressman, unless they have served in uniform..

Of course I also believe national service, whether in the military or something else to serve our nation ought to be mandatory..maybe it would wake up some of this left wing American hating liberals....
To all the Vietnam vets here...Thank you gents for your service and sacrifice...

My dad was a grunt in Vietnam with the 101st Airborne and I was always very proud of that. He was very involved with the Battle of Firebase Ripcord, the last big land battle of the Vietnam War. Sadly, the battle was mostly swept under the rug, few knew about it except for those involved...

Posted By: EdM Re: Today is Vietnam Veteran's Day - 03/30/20
My somewhat recently deceased Father spent two years in Korea. A bronze star, silver star and purple heart recipient. Is there such a day for him?
Originally Posted by EdM
My somewhat recently deceased Father spent two years in Korea. A bronze star, silver star and purple heart recipient. Is there such a day for him?

November 11, is Veterans Day. Not specifically for Korean vets but has been recognized for ALL vets as long as I can remember.

A little 'google fu' says:

" Veterans Day originated as “Armistice Day” on Nov. 11, 1919, the first anniversary of the end of World War I. Congress passed a resolution in 1926 for an annual observance, and Nov. 11 became a national holiday beginning in 1938. "

Source:
Veterans Day Facts - HISTORYwww.history.com › topics › holidays › veterans-day-facts
When your country asked you to fight communism you step up and kicked ass! Thank you men.
You guys kicked azz in that country.

Govt let ya down.

Nuff said.

I don't think someone should be allowed to run and be elected as a Senator or Congressman, unless they have served in uniform..

That’s way too logical.
Welcome Home

AND

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

That’s way too logical.

Not logical enough to help Jimmy Carter, apparently. FWIW I could certainly rather have Donald Trump serve in an office than George McGovern.
Posted By: WAM Re: Today is Vietnam Veteran's Day - 03/30/20
Salutes to all who served and particularly those who gave all.

RVN 70-71

173d Abn Bde & MACV.
Didn't know that today was the day. In the Midwest it was not so bad returning, folks knew what you served for and did. Unfortunately we often travel through the west coast, things were not very nice there for those of us returning. The hard part was it happened in 24 hours or so. No time to decompress so to say. To my brothers in arms thank you.
Peace, Brothers.
Thank you and Welcome Home from a grateful nation. I am proud and humbled to know those who served over there so we may enjoy our freedom over here.

May God bless you.
Respect and Gratitude for what you all undertook and endured abroad and at home.

😎
© 24hourcampfire