Home
Posted By: luv2safari INDIA...The Next CHINA - 03/30/20
The world isn't very happy with China right now, and with international trade in the crapper, they're in trouble, rightly so.

India is poised to step into China's role as the world's cheap manufacturer. They already produce many of the world's tractors, and they're pretty good.

They have a strong cyber capability which makes international trading viable, and their medical community is growing greatly and is brilliant in many cases.

India is also a democracy. That creates some measure of transparency, not found in any measure in China.

I'm not touting moving outsourcing to India like we did with China, but they're a BIG reality.

Bring back our pharma and manufacturing home! But, that will take a bit of time, and not all will come back to over-regulation by know-it-all bureaucrats, greedy unions, and liberal politicians. Unfortunately the younger generations are addicted to their cheap toys, mostly made in China. Weaning might be nearly impossible, but it needs to happen, and we need to return to a producing economy and away from our service economy.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: INDIA...The Next CHINA - 03/30/20
20 years ago American industry thought the future was the BRIC strategy.

BRIC stands for Brazil, Russia, India, and China.

As it happened, Brazil proved as corrupt and dysfunctional as most Latin American countries. Russia was supposed to be an opportunity after the Soviet Union fell. But the government and organized crime turned out to have the same phone number. No foreign company can make money there.

That left India and China. China has always been authoritarian. If the government says, "Jump," everyone answers, "How high, SIr!" So its prosperity was basically dictated after they abandoned the insane ideology of Mao.

But India is a squabbling mess. Different cults, tribes, religions, castes, whatever. Heck, they can't even get the people to use toilets the government provides. They prefer to crap on the ground. There are bright people there and many well educated. But the overall weight of their culture is such that I don't think they will ever challenge what China has done.
Posted By: 700LH Re: INDIA...The Next CHINA - 03/30/20
Half of India's population doesn't have indoor plumbing,
What's that tell ya about their capabilities?
Posted By: hookeye Re: INDIA...The Next CHINA - 03/30/20
Bud used to get "India Today" back in late 90's.
He was a Christian, educated here.

Said they had over 50 diff dialects............lots of turmoil.
They killed Christians weekly.
Was reported in the paper too, like 20 killed at a train depot.
Over and over.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: INDIA...The Next CHINA - 03/30/20
India is not China as you pointed out, but that is also a weakness. Way too many factions (lots centered around religion) that would prevent India from ever achieving super power status.
We don't need India to be China. We just need them to provide credible competition to China in the products and services we need.

So long as the Chinese see them as a viable option for our pool of human centric capital pool it helps Trump in his bargaining with China.
Posted By: Nebraska Re: INDIA...The Next CHINA - 03/30/20
They manufacture the Ford EcoSport in India and the build quality (for what it is) is excellent.
The average IQ in India is 82...

https://new-iq-test.com/iq-by-country/
Posted By: luv2safari Re: INDIA...The Next CHINA - 03/30/20
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

The USA's average IQ is three points lower than Mongolia's.

India is a big country with a lot of highly educated and intelligent people to draw from.
Posted By: jimy Re: INDIA...The Next CHINA - 03/30/20

Thats 10 points over Atlanta , Georgia !
Posted By: slumlord Re: INDIA...The Next CHINA - 03/30/20
Check it out, them Nigers are 10 points smarter than those Guineas.
Posted By: shootem Re: INDIA...The Next CHINA - 03/30/20
USA for medical necessity items including pharmaceuticals period. There's a profit margin to be had making them here regardless of who's screaming. Right now high prices in the US cover low negotiated prices to the infamous single payer countries. Make it here, make it always.
That IQ chart by country is a Joke. Most of the countries either do not test or test sparingly or do not have the infrastructure in place to produce those stats.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
That IQ chart by country is a Joke. Most of the countries either do not test or test sparingly or do not have the infrastructure in place to produce those stats.

Oh it's no joke...why do you think that Some don't have the infrastructure in place?
Originally Posted by slumlord
Check it out, them Nigers are 10 points smart than those Guineas.

Grass hut technology baby.

Oh it's no joke...why do you think that Some don't have the infrastructure in place?

How much of the population in these countries actually gets tested? Most don't even know how many people live in the damn country.
Posted By: 673 Re: INDIA...The Next CHINA - 03/30/20
I see the IQ starts at 59 lol

How much of the population in these countries actually gets tested?

98.6%...according to my calculations.
Posted By: Teal Re: INDIA...The Next CHINA - 03/30/20
I've known some guys with very high IQ's that could hardly clothe themselves. IQ isn't a good barometer if a country can make Nikes or not.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: INDIA...The Next CHINA - 03/30/20
Originally Posted by teal
I've known some guys with very high IQ's that could hardly clothe themselves. IQ isn't a good barometer if a country can make Nikes or not.

This ^^^^^^ ... in spades. IQ does NOT equal common sense... Anyone who has worked with off shore IT support teams understands this clearly.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: INDIA...The Next CHINA - 03/30/20
I’m not a very smart man but I know what love is.

Forrest Gump.
Posted By: rem141r Re: INDIA...The Next CHINA - 03/30/20
i wouldn't be putting much credence on india. they are a 3rd world schithole even worse than china. they can make our tennis shoes and tv's if they want but bring out important mfg like medical back here. you think china could brew up a vicious pandemic? f ucken india says "hold my beer"
Posted By: kelbro Re: INDIA...The Next CHINA - 03/30/20
We've tried. India doesn't have the infrastructure.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: INDIA...The Next CHINA - 03/30/20
Originally Posted by 673
I see the IQ starts at 59 lol

Congress??
Posted By: renegade50 Re: INDIA...The Next CHINA - 03/30/20
C19 probably gonna rip India up or is in the process of it right now.
Shanty towns in major urban areas.
Remote villiages.
Huge hygiene issues across the country
Their caste system of the worth of its peoples at different levels

Aint hearing much from em being reported

India is probably in some deep schit right now or fixing to be for the next month or 2.
it will rip through india like a stihl through butter. that is the filthiest country i have ever been to and i've been around. hygiene is virtually non existent. and the caste system basically dooms whole swaths of society to live in horrible poverty. they can thank the brits for that lovely system.
Originally Posted by renegade50
C19 probably gonna rip India up or is in the process of it right now.
Shanty towns in major urban areas.
Remote villiages.
Huge hygiene issues across the country
Their caste system of the worth of its peoples at different levels

Aint hearing much from em being reported

India is probably in some deep schit right now or fixing to be for the next month or 2.

theyre not sharing their malaria drugs, they’re bracing for big doings
Originally Posted by rem141r
it will rip through india like a stihl through butter. that is the filthiest country i have ever been to and i've been around. hygiene is virtually non existent. and the caste system basically dooms whole swaths of society to live in horrible poverty. they can thank the brits for that lovely system.

The Indian caste system predates the Brits by several thousand years. It's a tenant of Hinduism.
Check it out, them Nigers are 10 points smart than those Guineas.

Grass hut technology baby.

So the first little pig must have been a black one? lol
Posted By: Crow hunter Re: INDIA...The Next CHINA - 03/30/20
I'm in India fairly often for work. I doubt they'll ever compete with China for manufacturing. They're one of the most dysfunctional countries I've ever been to, their whole country is mired down by a love of bureaucracy that stifles everything. That's another holdover from the Brits but the Indians took it and ran with it to a whole new level. You can't get into or out of the country without filling out multiple forms that serve no purpose other than provide several bureaucrats jobs reviewing them and affixing their stamps and signatures. In the military we always called the Philippines "the land of the not quite right", I call India that also. They just aren't capable of getting things together and making their society function in an orderly manner.

I'm in China often for work too and they're a pain in the ass to deal with but things function. They might not function to a westerners satisfaction, but things work the way the Chinese intend them to work. They get things done because the average Chinese knows he'll disappear and his kidneys will be sold on the black market if he doesn't toe the line. The heavy hand of the Chinese government makes things work whether the people like it or not.

India isn't like that, nothing works like it's supposed to in India.
Posted By: Slavek Re: INDIA...The Next CHINA - 03/30/20
Originally Posted by luv2safari
The world isn't very happy with China right now, and with international trade in the crapper, they're in trouble, rightly so.

India is poised to step into China's role as the world's cheap manufacturer. They already produce many of the world's tractors, and they're pretty good.

They have a strong cyber capability which makes international trading viable, and their medical community is growing greatly and is brilliant in many cases.

India is also a democracy. That creates some measure of transparency, not found in any measure in China.

I'm not touting moving outsourcing to India like we did with China, but they're a BIG reality.

Bring back our pharma and manufacturing home! But, that will take a bit of time, and not all will come back to over-regulation by know-it-all bureaucrats, greedy unions, and liberal politicians. Unfortunately the younger generations are addicted to their cheap toys, mostly made in China. Weaning might be nearly impossible, but it needs to happen, and we need to return to a producing economy and away from our service economy.

They have been for some time now. For example, many medications and Harley Davidson motorcycle are made there. Ok, maybe they just make motorcycle parts for Harley Davidson.
Posted By: Dixie_Dude Re: INDIA...The Next CHINA - 03/30/20
Here is what the IQ scores mean:

1 to 24: Profound mental disability
25 to 39: Severe mental disability
40 to 54: Moderate mental disability
55 to 69: Mild mental disability
70 to 84: Borderline mental disability
85 to 114: Average intelligence
115 to 129: Above average; bright
130 to 144: Moderately gifted
145 to 159: Highly gifted
160 to 179: Exceptionally gifted
180 and up: Profoundly gifted

Mine is 142. I am a retired engineer.

Average for American "African-Americans" is 85. Average American white is about 103, Latinos 89. thus Americas average of 98. Average Jewish American is 113. Notice how low they were in sub-Sahara Africa. Lack of education and unwilling to learn is a problem. We were talking earlier about India. India is around 15% Muslim and an Indian who moved here said he hated Muslims. He said they were always starting trouble.
Posted By: Seafire Re: INDIA...The Next CHINA - 03/30/20
India has been no different than China for a while, as far as our country is concerned...
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by rem141r

The Indian caste system predates the Brits by several thousand years. It's a tenant of Hinduism.

yes you are right. the brits just honed it.
I originally thought that this post was going to be about the incidences of COVID-19 in India - very low at the moment. I can't picture social distancing in India.
People that bathe in a river with fresh turds and dead bodies floating by gotta be pretty much immune to a lot of stuff.

[chi-chi]"Coh-vid-19? Wot is dis? Yestorday I brushed my teeth with ureen from a cow. Now pardoan me while I wipe my ass with my bare hand..."[/chi-chi]
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: INDIA...The Next CHINA - 03/31/20
Woo This is most difficult and highly unusual Woo!
Posted By: luv2safari Re: INDIA...The Next CHINA - 03/31/20
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
I originally thought that this post was going to be about the incidences of COVID-19 in India - very low at the moment. I can't picture social distancing in India.

Here's what it looks like. wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: slumlord Re: INDIA...The Next CHINA - 03/31/20
I don’t know what my IQ is but some days I do think it would be kind of cool to paint some stripes on my biceps and wear a penis gourd out in the front yard.
Posted By: 700LH Re: INDIA...The Next CHINA - 03/31/20
I don’t know what my IQ is but some days I do think it would be kind of cool to paint some stripes on my biceps and wear a penis gourd out in the front yard.

pictures?
It AINT happened yet

😃
Posted By: Valsdad Re: INDIA...The Next CHINA - 03/31/20
Originally Posted by 700LH

pictures?

the 'fire is ready for a lot of things,

I'm not sure it's ready for that...................

yet.

Geno

PS, maybe if you get rene to do some branding on your chest with a piece of rebar or maybe an old AK barrel , just for contrast with the arm stripes?
So that ilhan omar is 70ish ?
Posted By: Valsdad Re: INDIA...The Next CHINA - 03/31/20
So that ilhan omar is 70ish ?

She from Michigan or someplace up there?

I wouldn't know her age, I live in Cali, and as the song says,

I wish they all could be California girls.

Geno
Posted By: Romulus Re: INDIA...The Next CHINA - 03/31/20
The the case of India, The is positive and negatives. The Negatives feels a little strong because of their approach to things they don't accept religiously. If they could pass the fact that religion aside as a personal thing and look onto the business side of things. They are good and dedicated people to work with.
© 24hourcampfire