Home
Posted By: kennyd Rent is due - 04/01/20
Not mine, but lots of people's. And car payments, mortgages and on. Will that ve when tshtf?

Son was downtown Denver Saturday night. Few people out or ordering pizza, but loaded with cops. Were they expecting things to explode?
Posted By: Fubarski Re: Rent is due - 04/01/20
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...y-rent-are-up-15-times-in-the-last-week/
Posted By: slumlord Re: Rent is due - 04/01/20
For five year she was so nice, loh', she was lovey-dovey

I come home one particular evening
The landlady said, "You got the rent money yet?"
I said, "No, can't find no job"
Therefore I ain't got no money to pay the rent"
She said, "I don't believe, you're tryin' to find no job"
Said, "I seen you today, you were standin' on a corner
Leaning up against a post"
I said "But I'm tired, I've been walkin' all day"
She said, "That don't confront me
Long as I get my money next Friday"
Now, next Friday come, I didn't have the rent
And out the door I went
Posted By: sawbuck Re: Rent is due - 04/01/20
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Rent is due - 04/01/20
slumload: You don't make any sense - nothing new there, for sure.
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Rent is due - 04/01/20
We've noticed cops out in force here too. Not doing anything, just letting us "essentials" know they're there. Protecting from looters and desperado's is my guess.
Posted By: kdog Re: Rent is due - 04/01/20
Have your AR-14's ready
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
slumload: You don't make any sense - nothing new there, for sure.
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

But for five years, she was lovey dovey....
Posted By: Jeffrey Re: Rent is due - 04/01/20
Maybe after all this is all over more people will join the Dave Ramsey club and stop buying things on debt and save up an emergency fund. So glad I got on that wagon 3 years ago.
Posted By: Crow hunter Re: Rent is due - 04/01/20
Originally Posted by Fireball2
We've noticed cops out in force here too. Not doing anything, just letting us "essentials" know they're there. Protecting from looters and desperado's is my guess.

Most likely enforcing the prohibition against people gathering in large groups. I'm usually not much for cops hassling folks over little stuff, but it's needed now.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Rent is due - 04/01/20
Aint got much, but can weather a bit of a storm.
No need to worry yet.
Have a bit for "just in case".
Hopefully sail through without needing it.
Dunno what the cops are doing in my burg, live on outer edge and am staying home.
Wish the fireworks stores were considered essential business.

Damn neighbors are eating up too much bandwidth for Netflix.

Bored as hell.
Watching Youtube on Roku, couple Maiden music videos and now deer hunting.
Bored outta my skull.

Might go yank a treestand I still have out tomorrow.
Did hang one shelf the ol lady has been bitchin about.

Back room full of food and TP, mini warehouse. I can't do any bow/gun work.
Need everybody to move away.

Ridiculous.
Posted By: hanco Re: Rent is due - 04/01/20
Lots of people will be hurting. I’m thankful all my family is still working.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Rent is due - 04/01/20
Originally Posted by kdog
Have your AR-14's ready

Full clip and set to full semi auto!
Posted By: rem141r Re: Rent is due - 04/01/20
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Maybe after all this is all over more people will join the Dave Ramsey club and stop buying things on debt and save up an emergency fund. So glad I got on that wagon 3 years ago.

ding ding ding. going on 30 for me.
Posted By: splattermatic Re: Rent is due - 04/01/20
1 of my renters can't pay last months, and isn't gonna be able to this month.
Been a good guy for over 3 years, so I'm not worried. He'll make it up.
Posted By: JeffA Re: Rent is due - 04/01/20
I sent out notice to my MT. residential and commercial property tenants waiving the rents until future notice a couple weeks ago.
Property's are paid for, taxes and insurances are pretty much covered with the first 3 months of the year rents. I have some of the best long term tenants a guy could ever wish for...it's a long term thing for me.

I received some predictable as well as un-predicted responses to my notice.

But now there is this.......

Montana to Ban Evictions, Utility Shutoffs Amid Virus Order

MAR 31, 2020
Residents will be protected from eviction while the state's stay-at-home order is in place due to the coronavirus pandemic

https://flatheadbeacon.com/2020/03/31/montana-ban-evictions-utility-shutoffs-amid-virus-order/

For some reason I'm letting this pizz me off, how can he force property owners to let people occupy their properties for free?
I'm really not sure why it's pizzin' me off but it is....
Dollar General and grocery chains are screaming for new hires.

Property owners have bills too, like uhhhm- the phooking mortgage under your couch

So....pretty please -with fûckin sugar on it!!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]gif upload
Posted By: Raeford Re: Rent is due - 04/01/20
We have two condos at Myrtle Beach that we sold[owner finance], buyer can't pay anything right now.
This is going to be tough on many folk for a good while.
Posted By: CRS Re: Rent is due - 04/01/20
Originally Posted by JeffA
I sent out notice to my MT. residential and commercial property tenants waiving the rents until future notice a couple weeks ago.
Property's are paid for, taxes and insurances are pretty much covered with the first 3 months of the year rents. I have some of the best long term tenants a guy could ever wish for...it's a long term thing for me.

I received some predictable as well as un-predicted responses to my notice.

But now there is this.......

Montana to Ban Evictions, Utility Shutoffs Amid Virus Order

MAR 31, 2020
Residents will be protected from eviction while the state's stay-at-home order is in place due to the coronavirus pandemic

https://flatheadbeacon.com/2020/03/31/montana-ban-evictions-utility-shutoffs-amid-virus-order/

For some reason I'm letting this pizz me off, how can he force property owners to let people occupy their properties for free?
I'm really not sure why it's pizzin' me off but it is....

No kidding, are they waiving property taxes?
Posted By: muleshoe Re: Rent is due - 04/01/20
Originally Posted by Jeffrey

Guessing that by the time this is over in a couple months there's gonna be an all time high of how much people are owing credit card companies.

Ramsey rubs some the wrong way for sure, but his principles are sound. These are the times that his 6 month emergency fund are for.

Scary just how many people live on a paycheck to paycheck budget. And because of this we as a country just dropped 6 trillion on a bailout.
Posted By: OAM Re: Rent is due - 04/01/20
Originally Posted by slumlord
Wish the fireworks stores were considered essential business.

Damn neighbors are eating up too much bandwidth for Netflix.

Bored as hell.

Lol
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Rent is due - 04/01/20
The best lessee one could ever hope for paid their rent money for April. They've never been late on a payment since 1978. A couple of the others don't have or won't pay their rent because of the China virus. This is a tough deal for everyone and so tough that some won't survive in more ways than one. I'm sure glad the only one who I owe rent to is the government.
Posted By: Stickfight Re: Rent is due - 04/01/20
Originally Posted by kennyd
loaded with cops. Were they expecting things to explode?

Almost certainly there will be ch1mp-outs soon. They are starting in earnest in France but theirs have had less of the jungle socialized out of them than ours.
You know it

Next few short weeks, temps get warm and it will be
“Burn dis beetch down”
Posted By: OrangeDiablo Re: Rent is due - 04/01/20
I know my tenants are working, so they have no excuse.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Rent is due - 04/01/20

Kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't deal in the midst of this virus stuff. No rent money coming in regardless if you let them stay or evict and not likely to have any new qualified renter applicants until after this crap settles down. Could get pretty ugly for landlords too if they evict renters during this and the news media gets wind of it.
Posted By: Romulus Re: Rent is due - 04/01/20
Looters are getting ready, Ny, GA, CA.....it usually gets wild a dirty down there. Guns are ammo ready for anyone trying to act smart....I hope all the anti gun people see the value of the 2A now.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Rent is due - 04/01/20
LOTS of folks aren’t going to be paying rent anytime soon. The restaurant/service industry employs a massive number of people and most likely live check to check or have minimal savings.

It’s literally a buy food or pay rent scenario.

In this case, it’s a schit flows uphill scenario as landlords may be mortgaged to their eyeballs with a bank breathing down their neck and no more income from tenants.

Most schitbirds that collect gov money as a way of life won’t be affected nearly as bad. They already have the free money and food programs dialed in.

Not many getting out of this without bearing a scar or two.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Rent is due - 04/01/20
My son and daughter both live in houses I own and they rent from me. I told them both not to worry about paying rent until this Chinese virus problem is past. Son and his wife have a 5 month old baby, both are off work for 30 days. Son in law also laid off by the auto dealership he works at for an undetermined period. I'm only glad I can relieve a little of the pressure for them.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Rent is due - 04/01/20
Originally Posted by OrangeDiablo

Some of mine are, some aren't. Some are getting paid for NOT working. e.g: .gov, city jobs, etc.

I'm trying to be flexible on a case by case basis. But, I hate liars that are trying to take advantage of the current situation. Those will be dealt with swiftly and decisively when this smoke clears.

In the meantime, I encourage everyone to be safe and know that this will come to an end sooner, rather than later.
Posted By: OrangeDiablo Re: Rent is due - 04/01/20
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Some of mine are, some aren't. Some are getting paid for NOT working. e.g: .gov, city jobs, etc.

I'm trying to be flexible on a case by case basis. But, I hate liars that are trying to take advantage of the current situation. Those will be dealt with swiftly and decisively when this smoke clears.

In the meantime, I encourage everyone to be safe and know that this will come to an end sooner, rather than later.

Two are nurses, one works in a lab. Good luck trying to take advantage of that...
Originally Posted by splattermatic
1 of my renters can't pay last months, and isn't gonna be able to this month.
Been a good guy for over 3 years, so I'm not worried. He'll make it up.

Some will. Some won't. When you've been doing it a while, you pretty well know the ones that wlll.. just like you know the ones that won't.
My houses are paid for, but I still like to get paid. lol

One of my gals writes loans, and they move her between 1/2 dozen banks. I feel ok about her.
Originally Posted by joken2

Kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't deal in the midst of this virus stuff. No rent money coming in regardless if you let them stay or evict and not likely to have any new qualified renter applicants until after this crap settles down. Could get pretty ugly for landlords too if they evict renters during this and the news media gets wind of it.

There are no evictions right now, at least where I'm located. The courts are shut down.

Improvise, adapt, overcome.
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Rent is due - 04/01/20

Two are nurses, one works in a lab. Good luck trying to take advantage of that...

You obviously skimmed what I wrote and have no clue what i said..
I’m glad I don’t have the Olive Garden girl anymore. Especially now. Jeeeze

Even when things were good, she was always trying to pay me with 1s, 5s, 10, nickels, etc.
Sweetheart don’t you have a checking acct no more?

Won't surprise me if landlords and realtors were required to do certified Hazmat cleanups of formerly occupied rentals and houses before renting/selling again at some point.

Won't surprise me if landlords and realtors were required to do certified Hazmat cleanups of formerly occupied rentals and houses before renting/selling again at some point.

Hazmat? Shirley you jest. Ever heard of Purel? Lysol wipes?

LMAO.

Hazmat? Shirley you jest. Ever heard of Purel? Lysol wipes?

LMAO.

If nothing else is learned from all this, it should be the idiom, 'Never say Never'...
Posted By: rong Re: Rent is due - 04/01/20
I think the problem is social media ,people posting that rent is waived and such.
No one will think they have to pay back rents.
I haven't reached out to my tenants,as none of them pay on time,they pay but rarely in the first week.
Posted By: MIKEWERNER Re: Rent is due - 04/01/20
Roy Munson would still be there.

And out the door I went
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Roy Munson would still be there.

And out the door I went

Ohhh, not in my place. He'd be wishing he never moved in. lol. smile
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Rent is due - 04/01/20
Originally Posted by rong
I think the problem is social media ,people posting that rent is waived and such.
No one will think they have to pay back rents.
I haven't reached out to my tenants,as none of them pay on time,they pay but rarely in the first week.

not to fear; theres talk of another few trillion bailout in the works. You'll get paid eventually, even if its in confederate money.
Posted By: splattermatic Re: Rent is due - 04/01/20
Hey SlumLord !
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Rent is due - 04/01/20
I got 2 bachelors renting shacks for peanuts, one's a carpenter and one's a handyman and taxidermist. They keep the place up, never ever got a call to fix anything, never a complaint, the taxidermist gave me half of his deer meat this year, and a freezer full of garden veggies. They don't have to pay up if they don't feel like it, and if they get way behind, I just don't care. Most of the poverty stricken working people in this rural area are finding it hard to get in lather over the flu....they've been struggling all their lives, it's just one more bad card in the deck.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Rent is due - 04/02/20
I foresee lots of evictions foreclosures and repos
Posted By: JeffA Re: Rent is due - 04/02/20
Originally Posted by flintlocke
They keep the place up, never ever got a call to fix anything, never a complaint, the taxidermist gave me half of his deer meat this year, and a freezer full of garden veggies.

I've experienced similar with my long term tenants, what goes around comes around.

I'm typically either outta state or just outta touch when it comes to dealing with my rental properties.
They're on remote control, when I do hear from them it's never a complaint.

I had one tenant I thought I might be loosing recently, they were a young family when I moved them.
They have been there 14 years now, their kids have grown and moved on in life, they might still have one in college.
I was thinking they might be looking to downsize, it's a rather large house on some acreage.

I drove by this past Fall while I was in Montana to take a look, it'd been two or three years since I'd last seen it.
The place had a fresh paint job and about a quarter acre sectioned off with a new white vinyl fence.
They picked good colors, the place looked great, they ain't planning on going nowhere anytime soon.

I have a commercial tenant that does a lot of work keeping a store front he rents from me updated.
He's been there almost 20 years, never complains, keeps the place looking spectacular, he's dropped a serious dime on the work he's done.

My rents are below market and tenants like these make it easy to keep it that way.

I quit excepting rents two weeks ago and have no plans to start again until things get back to normal.
When I do it's not going to be with a balance due, that would just further complicate any financial issues any of them may be experiencing.

After my notice went out I got a reply from one of my residential's thinking I was selling or kicking them out.
I called them right away and put them at ease, I guess my notice was too brief with no details.

I've done rent free Decembers before just as a Christmas/appreciation gift, I assumed they would realize it was a similar gesture.

One of my commercial tenants emailed me and said my offer was appreciated but not necessary, I replied telling him there would be no exceptions even if he did feel entitled to special treatment....lol....

Another of my residential tenants sent me a "thank you" email yesterday with this image attached, they said it's snow again in Montana and they were self quarantined in the house but the elk were in the lower pasture again....

They take care of me every bit as much as I do them, landlordin' is as tuff as you make it...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: jdunham Re: Rent is due - 04/02/20
Originally Posted by earlybrd
I foresee lots of evictions foreclosures and repos

The courts are literally shut down here. The backlog is going to be massive and court proceedings are going to take a loooong time.
© 24hourcampfire