Home
Gov. Whitmer reverses course on coronavirus drugs, is now asking feds for hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer drew fire from some on the right after the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) sent a letter last week threatening "administrative action" against doctors who prescribed two experimental drugs that could potentially help coronavirus patients.

The Whitmer administration has since removed the language threatening doctors from the letter and is now asking the federal government to send shipments of the drugs, Bridge magazine reports. The Food and Drug Administration issued an emergency authorization for the antimalarial drugs hydroxychloroquine sulfate and chloroquine phosphate on Saturday.

Conservatives including Charlie Kirk and Rudy Guiliani accused Whitmer of risking lives to oppose President Donald Trump. In recent weeks, Whitmer and Trump have been sparring on national television over federal aid for Michigan, while Trump has touted the drugs' potential in treating COVID-19.

But apparently, Michigan's drug "ban" was all just a matter of miscommunication.

Days after LARA issued its first letter, The Detroit News published an op-ed that criticized the Whitmer administration’s prohibition of the drugs.

"Not only is our state’s top leader threatening the selfless health care workers who are on the frontline trying to save lives, but she’s denying possible life-saving medications to actual COVID-19 victims,” the op-ed said.

Some readers criticized the paper for irresponsibly advocating for untested drugs.

But Detroit News editor and publisher Gary Miles defended the column on Monday, pointing out that it revealed a miscommunication between the State Senate and the Governor.

Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey, a Clarklake Republican, told The Detroit News that he asked the governor to issue the original letter to prevent people from hoarding the drugs and thus depriving non-coronavirus patients of their medicine.

"We needed something to prevent cloroquine from becoming the next toilet paper," he told Miles. "I quickly requested of her staff that they put something out, and somehow in the translation it was prohibiting use of these drugs — and that wasn't the intent."

Shirkey told Miles he "was grateful for your article ... because it was the first thing that alerted me that it was screwed up."

On Monday, Whitmer said in a press conference that the state wants to be "nimble" and is always updating its policies.

"We want to ensure that doctors have the ability to prescribe these medicines," she said. "We also want to make sure that the people who have prescriptions that predated COVID-19 have access to the medication they need. And so all of the work that we’ve done is trying to strike that balance."
Sounds like backpedaling.
Originally Posted by gritsnfishin1

Lol, Also sounds like Trump won again.
Originally Posted by 12344mag

KAGA
Dem handbook lists "mis-spoke" as the primary excuse for lying. Miscommunication coupled with being nimble when caught in a lie is acceptable though.
Next step is to blame President Trump for not having the delivery of drugs yesterday. That should tie up the logic nicely.
, told The Detroit News that he asked the governor to issue the original letter to prevent people from hoarding the drugs and thus depriving non-coronavirus patients of their medicine.

"We needed something to prevent cloroquine from becoming the next toilet paper,"

Can someone splain to me how a Prescription Drug, a drug that can only be dispensed by a licences physician, can be horded like toilet paper?

removed the language threatening doctors from the letter and is now asking the federal government to send shipments of the drugs,

Also, If MI needs the Federal Government to send shipments of this drug, why not just use the existing supply that she go gallantly protected from the hoarders.
Just another punk politician testing the waters to see what they can get away with.
Whitmer doing the crawfish shuffle.
She’s a lying bitch!

And she’s not fixing the damn roads!! Like she promised!!!!!!
Originally Posted by steve4102
, told The Detroit News that he asked the governor to issue the original letter to prevent people from hoarding the drugs and thus depriving non-coronavirus patients of their medicine.

"We needed something to prevent cloroquine from becoming the next toilet paper,"

Can someone splain to me how a Prescription Drug, a drug that can only be dispensed by a licences physician, can be horded like toilet paper?

removed the language threatening doctors from the letter and is now asking the federal government to send shipments of the drugs,

Also, If MI needs the Federal Government to send shipments of this drug, why not just use the existing supply that she go gallantly protected from the hoarders.

90 day supplies prescribed to family members and close friends by doctors. Its not so much hoarding I guess as docs playing favorites and taking care of their own first. Like handing out iodine pills during a nuclear disaster.
[quote] , told The Detroit News that he asked the governor to issue the original letter to prevent people from hoarding the drugs and thus depriving non-coronavirus patients of their medicine.

That's what I was thinking.
WGAF about anything Gov Whitless says? She is her own worst enemy, let her run off at the mouth all she wants it just makes her look as stupid as she is. MB
I just heard she might be Joe Biden’s running mate. If creepy Joe dies Shietmore will be president!!!! FT.
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
[quote=steve4102]

Fools!!!! You do it the same way as you buy guns off the Internet to circumvent background che......................... Wait a minute???
That would be a good V.P. choice for sleepy Joe. Then the Dem Ticket would be twice as bad. Trump would have a field day with that when the debates start.
She’s in way over her head. She’s made promises she absolutely will not be able to keep unless she drives us deep into the tax hole. I despise her more than i did granholm.
Originally Posted by jc189
That would be a good V.P. choice for sleepy Joe. Then the Dem Ticket would be twice as bad. Trump would have a field day with that when the debates start.

Trump would be hard to debate, no matter who they threw at him.
Michigan is getting slammed. I talked to a cousin in MIchigan a few days ago and she said that people up there are about ready to march on the governor's house bearing torches and pitchforks.
Originally Posted by Mac84
She’s in way over her head. She’s made promises she absolutely will not be able to keep unless she drives us deep into the tax hole. I despise her more than i did granholm.

At least Granholm was hot! Witless will do the same as Granholm, wait for her to start selling Michigan's natural resources.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Michigan is getting slammed. I talked to a cousin in MIchigan a few days ago and she said that people up there are about ready to march on the governor's house bearing torches and pitchforks.

I'm originally from the UP - lots of friends and family there. None voted for her but the general sentiment across the board up there is the same. They're ready to march on Lansing.
Her crawfishing reminds me of Donald Sutherland in "Hogan's Heroes"- - - - -"This tank runs faster in reverse- - - - -we want to get out of trouble quicker than we got into it!" Must have been designed by a dummycrap politician!
Jerry
Originally Posted by Mac84

This..............she really has no background that would even remotely qualify her for the job.

Huge problem for Mi for the next 6 years having to deal with her.

Besides all that, she an over the top control freak.

MM
Originally Posted by Terryk
Dem handbook lists "mis-spoke" as the primary excuse for lying. Miscommunication coupled with being nimble when caught in a lie is acceptable though.
Next step is to blame President Trump for not having the delivery of drugs yesterday. That should tie up the logic nicely.

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
she's a TDS hater like no other
Its a pettiness.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Its a pettiness.

i consider her behavior much worse than being petty
Unfortunately, the weak minded in Michigan voted her and her agenda in. She is nothing but a reactionist and copycat. And.. the roads are still not fixed!!
Originally Posted by Whelenman
She’s a lying bitch!

And she’s not fixing the damn roads!! Like she promised!!!!!!

Fire that b.itch!
Just wondering when this moron we have for a governor in Nevada will do the same. Most likely never, too pig headed!
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Her crawfishing reminds me of Donald Sutherland in "Hogan's Kelly's Heroes"- - - - -"This tank runs faster in reverse- - - - -we want to get out of trouble quicker than we got into it!" Must have been designed by a dummycrap politician!
Jerry

Fixed it for you. smile

Great movie by the way.
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
[quote=steve4102]

A doc on the west side of the state wrote his immediate family member an rx for 510 tabs of HCQ. There were other instances as well. That's why the Rep Sen asked her to do something. Of course, she could fook up a wet dream...vast over-reach whilst getting her not-so-thinly-veiled shots in at the POTUS. Typical.
Doc on the west side needs to be investigated, convicted, and incarcerated if that's the case, not deny someone who needs it medical attention.
Originally Posted by 338Rem

KAGA

Yep. Laughing.
Wow. Didn't take long for her mail order MD degree to come thru?

Lieberals are funny, as soon as you drill down on their lies a little. Their stern jawbone turns to Bugs Bunny talk. wink
Whitmer has us in third place nationally. That’s right, Michigan now ranks third in the country with 9,334 COVID-19 cases. We’re up 1,719 since yesterday. It’s about to get real. While most of this is on the East Side, but if behaviors don’t change, it’s gonna be a mess everywhere.

I’ve been self-isolating for two weeks rarely leaving the farm. Yesterday, I had to run to Home Depot for a part. I didn’t want to go, but it was what it was. The Walker Home Depot was a shīt show at 3:45-4:00. A couple employees were the worst part, they wanted to get well inside my little imaginary bubble. I practiced distancing and wore nitrile gloves. The gloves were wiped with isopropyl when I got back to the truck. As was my credit card (that’s all I took in-no wallet), the parts purchased, truck door handles and anything else, I touched with the gloves. I also sprayed the bottom of my boots with isopropyl. I habitually keep isopropyl in a ZEP spray bottle in the truck and have for years. It cuts grease and diesel fuel, while being safe and portable.

At Home Depot, they were funneling everyone in and out one entrance, which made no sense. This became a point of congestion. They were, much busier than I would have anticipated. In general the patrons and most of the staff didn’t seem to have much concern. I saw one older Hispanic woman wearing a surgical mask. She was the only mask wearer. I got several strange looks for the gloves. My physician wife wanted me to wear a mask. I didn’t, thinking it would just complicate things.
Next time King go full hazmat suite ... freaks people out and they will give you a wide berth..... wink
Wear BDU's and walk down the street - putting a random X on driveways with chalk....
The virus is replacing the numbers killed in Detroit by murders. It's racist. The career criminals can't get out and rape, pillage, and plunder under this whitey imposed lockdown
Except the 4 knuckle draggers that stole a Kia to do robberies. 2 bailed and 2 went on a 100 mph run till a damn tree in a median stopped them. Sadly, they survived.
Originally Posted by irfubar
Next time King go full hazmat suite ... freaks people out and they will give you a wide berth..... wink

Added to tomorrow’s calendar...
Originally Posted by teal
Wear BDU's and walk down the street - putting a random X on driveways with chalk....

I’m penciling this in for Friday.
Originally Posted by KenMi
The virus is replacing the numbers killed in Detroit by murders. It's racist. The career criminals can't get out and rape, pillage, and plunder under this whitey imposed lockdown
Except the 4 knuckle draggers that stole a Kia to do robberies. 2 bailed and 2 went on a 100 mph run till a damn tree in a median stopped them. Sadly, they survived.

Don’t tell Fubarski, we don’t want him to cancel his trip.
What right does a govenor to tell a doctor how to treat his patient, oh wait shes a Democrat, she thinks it's ok to kill a baby
Originally Posted by gemby58
What right does a govenor to tell a doctor to treat his patient, oh wait hes a Democrat, he thinks it's ok to kill a baby

Umm, in this instance the governor is a woman.
Our attorney general is a proud rug muncher with a face in a perpetual scowl.
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Originally Posted by gemby58
What right does a govenor to tell a doctor to treat his patient, oh wait hes a Democrat, he thinks it's ok to kill a baby

Umm, in this instance the governor is a woman.
Our attorney general is a proud rug muncher with a face in a perpetual scowl.

Dang auto correct
Doc on the west side needs to be investigated, convicted, and incarcerated if that's the case, not deny someone who needs it medical attention.

Agreed.

Tomorrow it looks like she's going to close schools for rest of the school year. Add to that, extending the shutdown to 70 days. Senate Majority (R) leader says that's way too long. News said 1 out of 3 restaurants will be tits up after this thing dies down. Whatever happened to the wait and see approach? Medical arena calls it watchful waiting.

Still hunkering down on the lakeshore. Day 19.
If there was good data to show hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine actually works for Covid-19, then people should use it. There are uses (supported by data)for which people use hydroxychlorquine - Lupus and Ra, but the evidence does NOT support it for Covid.

No matter what some people in White House's say, follow the science not "instinct". Instinct said the was less than a cold and would just "go away".
Originally Posted by Orchemo
If there was good data to show hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine actually works for Covid-19, then people should use it. There are uses (supported by data)for which people use hydroxychlorquine - Lupus and Ra, but the evidence does NOT support it for Covid.

No matter what some people in White House's say, follow the science not "instinct". Instinct said the was less than a cold and would just "go away".

I know a Michigan Rep that would tell you your full of schit.

Click This Link.

You are either just emerging from a time capsule, or you are willfully ignorant.
Both of those drugs are healing people, including a family member.

You are either just emerging from a time capsule, or you are willfully ignorant.

I would guess by the last part of his post it was a TDS moment.
another idiot on ignore
The stupid is strong in Orchemo. Democrat! Ed k
Spoke to a friend heading up research for a state Epidemiology Center in a state with a LOT of subjects on Covid studies. All of the studies being looked at show hydroxychloroquine and zinc to be doing an awesome job and it is the main reason the whole thing is fizzling out. PLEASE, if you get it, refuse the treatment and force all like-minded friends and family members to do the same. It is the least you can be.

Click This Link.

And the bias is strong in that piece... they are concerned about shorting the drug to those currently using it... the other things it is used for are not life-threatening and there are other drugs readily available for fall-back situations. But regardless, the supply is building very quickly.
I hope Biden picks this woman for his running mate....Michigan will go red for sure!!!
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Click This Link.

And the bias is strong in that piece... they are concerned about shorting the drug to those currently using it... the other things it is used for are not life-threatening and there are other drugs readily available for fall-back situations. But regardless, the supply is building very quickly.

Of course it's biased, It's the NYT.

To be honest I used the NYT's story because I knew the liberal was a liberal and would have no choice but to believe it, and I used the Democrat as an example because I knew he'd have to believe that as well, quite a conundrum for the liberal fuqks I'd say.

I know they're worried about the drug going into a shortage but I haven't heard or read a story about there actually being a shortage, only fear of a shortage.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Click This Link.

Of course it's biased, It's the NYT.

To be honest I used the NYT's story because I knew the liberal was a liberal and would have no choice but to believe it, and I used the Democrat as an example because I knew he'd have to believe that as well, quite a conundrum for the liberal fuqks I'd say.

I know they're worried about the drug going into a shortage but I haven't heard or read a story about there actually being a shortage, only fear of a shortage.

NPR published one of a poor Mexican woman in a remote village and she could not get it the way she always did... until some Good Samaritan gave her some... No mention was made of the fact she obviously got her supply, just a "heart-breaker" charity angst story. Also no mention of the fact her disease would not kill her if she did not get her juice...
Data speaks......listen to the science

Even the "experts" are following the science

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadli...e-are-better-off-waiting-1202914838/amp/

No he’s just from Oregon.
Data speaks......listen to the science

Even the "experts" are following the science

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadli...e-are-better-off-waiting-1202914838/amp/

For starters, there is no science or firm data either way. It'll take months of studies to come up with proof. But some people don't have the time to wait for the studies to come out. In cases of SARS, Hydroxychloroquine was effective and COVID-19 is a close cousin to SARS. If I'm hospitalized, or even have it, I'll want them to use it on me. It won't hurt to give it to me with little to no side effects when used properly. What are the side effects of not taking it? You could die or possibly have permanent damage to your lungs.

From your article........

Last week, in an interview with Larry King, Oz cited the opinion of a noted rheumatologist that the “complications are nil” and that side effects were rare. “Then I start to think, my goodness, if they are not worried about it, then why am I worried about it when the downside of not giving it might be progression of the virus."
JFC. Dr. Oz? Are you f ucking kidding me? He's a friggin' haircut with a stethoscope.

He doesn't even cite a study. Which is probably the retrospective VA study that came out yesterday with the use of HCQ by itself, HCQ + Zyth, and nothing. HCQ solo didn't fair very well. No mention on how sick the patients were who were in the study. HCQ + Zyth did somewhat better.

The best results, which weren't studied, are coming from a cocktail of HCQ, a Z-pack, and zinc. This regimen given when the patient has moderate sx has shown to be fruitful. There are a number of other drugs on the market that show potential as well. Randomized, double-blind studies are great - when you have the time, but folks are dying now. I'd much rather have a tx that has shown some efficacy rather than nothing or, worse, given a placebo to prove some other drug works or doesn't. My wife has been informed as much if I were to get this thing.
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
JFC. Dr. Oz? Are you f ucking kidding me? He's a friggin' haircut with a stethoscope.

He doesn't even cite a study. Which is probably the retrospective VA study that came out yesterday with the use of HCQ by itself, HCQ + Zyth, and nothing. HCQ solo didn't fair very well. No mention on how sick the patients were who were in the study. HCQ + Zyth did somewhat better.

The best results, which weren't studied, are coming from a cocktail of HCQ, a Z-pack, and zinc. This regimen given when the patient has moderate sx has shown to be fruitful. There are a number of other drugs on the market that show potential as well. Randomized, double-blind studies are great - when you have the time, but folks are dying now. I'd much rather have a tx that has shown some efficacy rather than nothing or, worse, given a placebo to prove some other drug works or doesn't. My wife has been informed as much if I were to get this thing.

Preach it !
Amen...but dr oz has been one of the good guys throughout this.
© 24hourcampfire