Home
Posted By: devnull PSA...Pocket lint in brass - 04/01/20
Did some shooting and put the brass in my pocket. After tumbling and using graphite on the necks, I noticed a piece of brass full of lint. I'm not sure what would have happened had I not noticed. It definitely was consuming volume in the case which I would think would have increased pressure.

Check your brass carefully when hand loading.
Never carry your brass close to your naval, either.
Never tumble your 22 rimfire brass with your 300 RUM brass....
Posted By: hanco Re: PSA...Pocket lint in brass - 04/01/20
I try to hold mine up to the light before I load it.
I always mix Lemi-shine in with the laundry detergent.....for those times I forget about the brass in my pocket.
Carrying your brass in your ear, always go neck first.

The wax is good lube, and if you’re running a temperature.....you won’t have to anneal so often.
I pulled out and shot my pocket pistol the other day. It expelled quite a bit of lint on the first shot. Told me it was time to clean it.
I never clip my toenails when working the brass....unless they are cutting through my socks.
Clean what? The pistol or the pocket?

Originally Posted by gregintenn
I pulled out and shot my pocket pistol the other day. It expelled quite a bit of lint on the first shot. Told me it was time to clean it.
Posted By: Terryk Re: PSA...Pocket lint in brass - 04/01/20
Spider and bug cocoons in range pick ups are a trip.
Well, for Christians it is the season of Lint.
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Clean what? The pistol or the pocket?

Originally Posted by gregintenn

The pistol. Looked like a dryer vent when I pulled the trigger.
© 24hourcampfire