Home
The US Food and Drug Administration is requesting that manufacturers pull all prescription and over-the-counter ranitidine drugs, known by the brand name Zantac, from the market immediately, the agency announced on Wednesday.

The FDA noted that an ongoing investigation has determined that levels of a contaminant in the heartburn medications increase over time and when stored at higher-than-normal temperatures, pose a risk to public health.
The contaminant, N-nitrosodimethylamine or NDMA, is a probable human carcinogen and the FDA has been investigating levels of it in ranitidine since the summer of 2019.
"We didn't observe unacceptable levels of NDMA in many of the samples that we tested," Dr. Janet Woodcock, director of the FDA's Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, said in Wednesday's announcement.
Zantac does not form impurity in your stomach, FDA testing finds

"However, since we don't know how or for how long the product might have been stored, we decided that it should not be available to consumers and patients unless its quality can be assured," Woodcock said in part. "The FDA will continue our efforts to ensure impurities in other drugs do not exceed acceptable limits so that patients can continue taking medicines without concern."
According to the FDA's announcement, letters are now being sent to all manufacturers of ranitidine requesting that they withdraw products from the market, and consumers are advised to stop taking any ranitidine tablets or liquid medications they currently have. The FDA said to dispose of them properly and not buy more.

Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the FDA said don't return your medicines to a "drug take-back location," but rather follow disposal instructions in the medication guide or insert -- or follow the FDA's recommended safe disposal steps on its website.
Consumers who wish to continue treating their condition should consider using other approved medications, according to the FDA.
To date, the FDA has not found NDMA in some other products, such as famotidine or Pepcid, esomeprazole or Nexium, or omeprazole or Prilosec.
For patients taking prescription ranitidine, the FDA said to talk to your doctor about other treatment options before stopping the medicine.

"There are multiple drugs approved for the same or similar uses as ranitidine that do not carry the same risks from NDMA," according to the FDA.
In September, CVS Pharmacy, Walgreens and Walmart announced they would no longer sell Zantac and other over-the-counter ranitidine medications due to concerns they might contain NDMA.
Then in October, drugmaker Sanofi voluntarily recalled Zantac OTC sold in the United States and Canada. At the time, the company said it issued the recall "due to inconsistencies in preliminary test results."
A lawyer’s dream come true.
Yeah I have lived on that sh_t for years. Has me a little concerned for sure.
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

Maybe that explains why you always have such a serious look on your face....... smile
Don't cyber bully me for that was simply pokin a little fun at you... wink
Omeprazole the same thing? Take 40mg every morning.........will keep it cool at least until I can talk to the doc. In no hurry to go see the doc though.
Originally Posted by irfubar

Maybe that explains why you always have such a serious look on your face....... smile

No cyber bullying I just find it funny so many will talk sh_t on line but they know dam well they wouldn't say it to your face. This site is full of very insecure people. Our first interactions was a while ago and my memory isn't the best. But I do believe I said I would meet you for a drink or lunch or something to that effect. To talk face to face. I know you take that as a challenge (your insecurities not mine) but the reality is I know you would not say the same things. But if it makes you feel good about yourself so be it, have at it. I am pretty dam easy to find. I know several people that know you, and they all said the exact same thing as I said, you wouldn't say it like that to my face. But I am fine with you carrying on.

Haha 😂😂😂

No cyber bullying I just find it funny so many will talk sh_t on line but they know dam well they wouldn't say it to your face. This site is full of very insecure people. Our first interactions was a while ago and my memory isn't the best. But I do believe I said I would meet you for a drink or lunch or something to that effect. To talk face to face. I know you take that as a challenge (your insecurities not mine) but the reality is I know you would not say the same things. But if it makes you feel good about yourself so be it, have at it. I am pretty dam easy to find. I know several people that know you, and they all said the exact same thing as I said, you wouldn't say it like that to my face. But I am fine with you carrying on.

It was a joke..... you should try laughing sometime

Oh and this is not a joke.. claiming you know several people that know me is a straight up lie.
I took Nexium for a while and then stopped taking it . A few years ago they claimed it caused a lot of problems long term.
Originally Posted by Judman

Haha 😂😂😂

Hey!

I came here to eat bootleg tums and kick ass......and I am all out of tums!

Oh and this is not a joke.. claiming you know several people that know me is a straight up lie.

No lie
I thought this was done like last August???

Hell the lawyers have had commercials on TV since like November?
I got tums for ya big boy, now settle down!!! 🤣🤣
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
I took Nexium for a while and then stopped taking it . A few years ago they claimed it caused a lot of problems long term.

Nexium never worked for me. And Pepcid I have to take a bunch of to work.

Well, much better to develop esophageal CA from acid reflux, I suppose.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

I believe that was their self imposed taking it off the shelves and now it is officially off by the FDA.

No lie

Names, prove me wrong...... who knows me?
The Shadow knows.........
How did it sleep into the market without them knowing in the first place.

Lawyers are gonna be so happy, lots of suing gonna be happening.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

This is why I have a bunker..... smile
Originally Posted by centershot
Omeprazole the same thing? Take 40mg every morning.........will keep it cool at least until I can talk to the doc. In no hurry to go see the doc though.

No.

Omeprazole is Generic Prilosec, Ranitidine is generic Zantec. The potential carcinogen in generic Zantec is in the filler of the tablet not the Ranitidine itself. I also used it for years (OTC) for mild GER. Now use Omeprazole 20mg capsule (prescription) every other day and that works just fine. The 20mg tablet is not covered under my insurance plan (same as OTC) but the coverage for me is only $10 for a 6 month supply while the OTC costs like $12 for 24 tablets.

Jim, have we met?
Oh Jesus Christ are we 12 and on the playground now? When people tell you things I guess you just go run and tell everyone. Sorry I actually have something called integrity. Possibly one reason why people tell me things. Anyways continue on.
Jesus sees what you do to yourself in the bunker......
Ok has anybody on the campfire met me? if so please come forward
Originally Posted by Prwlr

No.

Omeprazole is Generic Prilosec, Ranitidine is generic Zantec. The potential carcinogen in generic Zantec is in the filler of the tablet not the Ranitidine itself. I also used it for years (OTC) for mild GER. Now use Omeprazole 20mg capsule (prescription) every other day and that works just fine. The 20mg tablet is not covered under my insurance place (same as OTC) but the coverage of me is only $10 for a 6 month supply while the OTC costs like $12 for 24 tablets.

I'll have to give that a try
Basically two types of acid blockers, H2's and PPI's. Best to Google for explanation.

Long term PPI's can cause issues, H2's aren't as effective, IMO, and also have some long term issues.

I heard that contaminant if from Chicom mfg. They make WAY too many of our meds or the precursors to our meds.

After one of their leaders mouthed off about not releasing vital antibiotics to the U.S, I think Trump was pizzed.

Don't ya know, it won't be long before all vital drug mfg if on U.S. soil or made by an ally. India would be better than China. At least those guys aren't trying to do us in, take over.

I think out sourcing of vital stuff that underminds our security is gonna be quickly addressed.

Like the Dems say, never waste a crisis. I don't think Trump is going to let this one go unnoticed or wasted...

DF

Did I say they met you?

I took it for several years too, then I switched jobs and it went away right away and I never spent another cent on it.
Stress was causing my issue and I thought it was something else.

Jim, have we met?

Was that you in that bath room stall?
Oh Jesus Christ are we 12 and on the playground now? When people tell you things I guess you just go run and tell everyone. Sorry I actually have something called integrity. Possibly one reason why people tell me things. Anyways continue on.

Oooh I get it ... kinda like the CIA, FBI etc.... thats classified we cannot discuss it. you must believe us...
You are a straight up fuuckin liar

Jim, have we met?

Damn it Jim... this is no time for jokes.... smile
My integrity is being challenged.....

I get by with Pepcid, just have to not eat anything after 7pm. Nexium worked great but started reading about the long term effects.

Oooh I get it ... kinda like the CIA, FBI etc.... thats classified we cannot discuss it. you must believe us...
You are a straight up fuuckin liar

No lies. But please continue on it is funny.
Hey Jud, have we met?

Anyone?

No, Omeprazole, Nexium, Prevacid, Prilosec and several others are different, in fact they work differently.

Jim, have we met?

They sometimes call me Seabass......
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael

No, Omeprazole, Nexium, Prevacid, Prilosec and several others are different, in fact they work differently.

Thats good!

My sister and mother take that stuff every day.

So, you have chronic heartburn? Man, I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy. I’ve had it twice in my life, so bad, I thought my sternum was gonna split open.
I can see why MCH needs that stuff.... being a liar plays hell on your gut.... guilt will eat you up

Jim, have we met?

Your integrity went to sh_t a long time ago when you wouldn't meet up. As I have said continue on. I find it really amusing a grown a_s man follows around another like a puppy.

Bump

Jim, have we met?

Your integrity went to sh_t a long time ago when you wouldn't meet up. As I have said continue on. I find it really amusing a grown a_s man follows around another like a puppy.

I already explained to you I am not gay.... thanks for the offer anyway... I can see why you would be infatuated

Bump

Not since that time in college.......you promised it wouldn't get weird.

I believe that was their self imposed taking it off the shelves and now it is officially off by the FDA.

Thanks! I switched to the generic prilosec after using the other about a month.

Jim, have we met?

Bump

Come on MCH says several...... anybody..... I know the answer and nobody will come forward ...
Your turn MCH... put up or shut up
[Linked Image from thumbs.gfycat.com]

Thanks! I switched to the generic prilosec after using the other about a month.

Me, too. used it rarely, use the Prilosec maybe 1X per week if needed

Bump

Not since that time in college.......you promised it wouldn't get weird.

Ok Jim, that's it the can of whoop ass is being pulled from the shelf as we speak..... hells a comin for sharing our secrets with MCH
I quit taking Zantac about 4 months ago after getting several warning letters from CVS about it. Doctor gave me something else, and I can't pronounce it. I still take 2 Omeprazoles before my evening meal.
Get yer prozals straight, there's omni, panta & at least 2 more. When you find the dangerous one, sort it from the others. I been taking a prozal for 20 ears & it's hard to get straight with the main brands & the generics.

And................. this is April 1st ya know. Maybe a bogus story, or NOT.

Haha 😂😂😂

Hey!

I came here to eat bootleg tums and kick ass......and I am all out of tums!

So you're going to eat ass? shocked

That's scarey, Jim.
lol forgot about April 1
[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]

Well come on if'n yer a comin' white boy!
Jud, MCH has triggerd me and I am having a meltdown and have no friends on the campfire..... frown

Have we met?

Jose whales ain't sceered of no injun.....

Jim, have we met?

What kinda dawg is a intergraty?
Ok men, enough of the ass eatin stuff. That's Big Sticks territory, wrong thread
Never took that but 2 years ago after loosing most of my gut they put me on Omeprazole once a day.

Took it for a year and a half and finally asked the Doc about it giving one the scours.

Well he looked and sure enough it was one of the side problems with it.

The newer meds are Ranitidine which is a prescription of zantax.

Been on it about 5 months and less than a month in scours went away.

Not happy but what is left of my stomach has been feeling better.
The doc told me no more than 14 days on Omeprazoles, Prilosec. This is one of those cases that they change the dosage after learning about the effects.
Hey Jag, have we met?
Jud, MCH has triggerd me and I am having a meltdown and have no friends on the campfire..... frown

Have we met?

Yer my friend. Specially since you sent that $50 fer not knowing ya.
[Linked Image]
Keep it up Fubar......I just put a fresh coat of used motor oil on my seal club.........
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Have we met?

Yer my friend. Specially since you sent that $50 fer not knowing ya.

Dammit Jag, that was suppose to be our secret.....
zantac or generic (ranitidine) might cause gynecomastia and has other side effects.
Originally Posted by cotis
[Linked Image]

You guys are mean... and this proves I have no friends and therefore proves MCH is a damn liar... ha
Well, no, but I want too, irfu. I like your picture.
Originally Posted by persiandog
zantac or generic (ranitidine) might cause gynecomastia and has other side effects.

Haha!

The struggle is real.......
Originally Posted by cotis
[Linked Image]

Good way to stop a bad nose bleed.

Course your nose will smell like a bloody Mountain Spring all damn day after that......
I luv Prilozac. smile
i take serranos and jalapenos.

I have.

In our past life,we dated Shirley Maclaine.
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Spoken like a real man! bravo

Hey Roger, do you know me?
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

I have.

In our past life,we dated Shirley Maclaine.

Good grief.... Ken

My integrity is on the line here.... it wasn't Shirly Maclain is was Pamela Anderson
You sure,it might have been Barbi Benton.
Originally Posted by Reloder28

So, you have chronic heartburn? Man, I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy. I’ve had it twice in my life, so bad, I thought my sternum was gonna split open.

Ever try a low carb or Keto diet? That helped me and my sister a lot with stomach issues.
You sure,it might have been Barbi Benton.

That was before Pam..... now focus Ken... h a v e w e m e t?

I am trying to prove a point....

Oh and if you say yes that proves you been dissing me behind my back to that liar MCH
No,we have not met.
No,we have not met.

Thanks Ken... this proves I have no friends....

I already explained to you I am not gay.... thanks for the offer anyway...

Well shoot...,,sigh!!!!

Mark another one thru for the Burning Man campfire rendezvous.

frown
Cause you never shower.
I'm sure glad it's April fools day. For a moment I was scarred the fire had gone down hill.
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Well, much better to develop esophageal CA from acid reflux, I suppose.

I have Barrett's esophagus and have altered my diet to pretty much a diabetic diet, and now I find that I've been pre-diabetic for years, but my former doctor neglected to tell me.

I found the combination of watching what I eat and 20 mg of Omneprazole evenings has worked wonders.

I took some Zantac early on, but it made me sick...good thing it did.
I take omperzol, when needed.. but most times just eat some rolaids.. before i had my gall bladder yanked i was eating omperzol like candy. Finally it just didn’t do no mo! Went to emergency room 5 hours later they were ranking out my gall bladder that was now a rock according to the surgeon.. far as the squabble I will call a spade a spade. If call you an ass hole here I will call it to your face. Most guys on here are 24/7 bitches anyhow.. The classic is always oh fly down here and say that to my face. It’s never I’m flying to where you live and I’m going to deliver an ass whooping..
Hey Jud, have we met?

Anyone?

We were gonna meet, but I couldn’t make it. When we do it’ll be whiskey and big northerners!!

fixing to eat some jalapenos and fried yard bird.
No,we have not met.

Was you in Butte in the summer of 82?
Hey Jud, have we met?

Anyone?

We were gonna meet, but I couldn’t make it. When we do it’ll be whiskey and big northerners!!

Ok thanks Jud ...... yes whiskey and northerns.....

This also proves I have no friends

Whew I thought you were going to say jalapenos and fried bat.....

Oh and for the record you don't know me? correct
Hey Jud, have we met?

Anyone?

Ok thanks Jud ...... yes whiskey and northerns.....

This also proves I have no friends

Maybe some good beer? I like good beer!😆
No,we have not met.

I am not allowed in Butte , Jim ....., that's another story... frown
Beer is good Jud, as long as it's not IPA wink that's for man bun sportin millenials
No,we have not met.

I am not allowed in Butte , Jim ....., that's another story... frown

Oh well....the search continues.....
That fuuggin Flave likes IPA... good thing he is banned... otherwise he would claim to know me and MCH would be correct.... oh wait, maybe Flave sold me out? that bastard
It's a shame you have no friends,Irfubar. frown
😂😂😂 ok we’re friends. I’m not gonna talk to mch hunter about you, cause I’ve got better shiit to do though. Shiit folks were telling a person here I don’t know how to run a turret, 😂😂😂 folks get bored and talk I suppose, I just keep on keeping on, killin more and bigger critters 👍
Originally Posted by 79S
I take omperzol, when needed.. but most times just eat some rolaids.. before i had my gall bladder yanked i was eating omperzol like candy. Finally it just didn’t do no mo! Went to emergency room 5 hours later they were ranking out my gall bladder that was now a rock according to the surgeon.. far as the squabble I will call a spade a spade. If call you an ass hole here I will call it to your face. Most guys on here are 24/7 bitches anyhow.. The classic is always oh fly down here and say that to my face. It’s never I’m flying to where you live and I’m going to deliver an ass whooping..

HEY!!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Youse guys are lucky.

Folks dont even talk bad about me.
Youse guys are lucky.

You're short and you dress funny!
Well i do dress like schit most of the time......but I actually pretty tall.
Youse guys are lucky.

Eskimo's and Canucks are exempt......
Ok then,you're tall and dress you like schit most of the time.

Thanks!

Don’t make me, tell you to buy a plane ticket up to Alaska so I can whip your ass..
Jim comb your hair and stay out of Butte , especially during St. Patty's day

Thanks!

Any time!
Originally Posted by 79S

Don’t make me, tell you to buy a plane ticket up to Alaska so I can whip your ass..

79S, I got a can of whoop ass I can send ya, you may need it, now that Jim is over the covid
Originally Posted by 79S

79S, I got a can of whoop ass I can send ya, you may need it, now that Jim is over the covid

And decent clothes.
Originally Posted by 79S

I just found a second cousin in Alaska.

I might could fly up there, whip your ass and have my first family reunion!

No charge!

Do Eskimos get a discount on Alaska Air?
Originally Posted by 79S

And decent clothes.

I bet i have 100 dollars worth of dressings on right now!
Wow,youse rich!
Originally Posted by 79S

No charge!

So let’s be clear I’m whooping your ass, that’s how the rules are written. I didn’t write the 24 Hourcampfire tough guy rules i just follow them.
Originally Posted by 79S

As long as you are paying to send it. 24 Hourcampfire rules prohibit me from paying..
Well...I better be getting a discount.
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

As long as you are paying to send it. 24 Hourcampfire rules prohibit me from paying..

He aint no indian giver......
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

No charge!

So let’s be clear I’m whooping your ass, that’s how the rules are written. I didn’t write the 24 Hourcampfire tough guy rules i just follow them.

$100 on 79S!

The horned toad says we must endeavor to persevere. So after much talk we declared war on the union for making my horse surrender after this one white man snook up behind me.
I took it for a while, took Prevacid a long time, but it made my joints hurt, hand’s and feet numb. I lay off the sweets and Dr Pepper. Take Tums if I’ve slipped.

The horned toad says we must endeavor to persevere. So after much talk we declared war on the union for making my horse surrender after this one white man snook up behind me.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Sumbitching horse is probably pulling a cart up in Kansas by now.
The dog face pony soldiers have overtaken this thread......

Hey where is MCH...... that lyin sob
There is iron in my words of death.
Originally Posted by ribka

Ever try a low carb or Keto diet? That helped me and my sister a lot with stomach issues.

Yes Diet has been my main focus and does work. The problem is a like spicy foods.
Originally Posted by MM879
The doc told me no more than 14 days on Omeprazoles, Prilosec. This is one of those cases that they change the dosage after learning about the effects.

I’ve been taking them for 20 years.
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by MM879

I’ve been taking them for 20 years.

Mom's doc said not to worry.
There is iron in my words of death.

Well, to be honest, I don’t think much of hosiers either!
Do you know the Rose of Alabammy?

Whew I thought you were going to say jalapenos and fried bat.....

Oh and for the record you don't know me? correct

don't think i've met you, but have met a lot of guys on here.

Yes Diet has been my main focus and does work. The problem is a like spicy foods.

You should try a clear conscience... that schit will weigh on you and cause underlying stress and ergo stomach issues

You should try a clear conscience... that schit will weigh on you and cause underlying stress and ergo stomach issues

Are you saying confession is good for the soul?
Originally Posted by Lennie

Are you saying confession is good for the soul?

The truth will set you free brother.... wink seriously
I stole a frozen yogurt once.....and called my sister a C sucker for making fun of me.

I was 5.

I didn't know c sucker was a bad word. Heard it all the time.

Confession over.
Oh shiit I'm crying!!!!😂😂

Jim, have we met?

Only in my dreams.

^^^This is not a joke^^^
Jesus sees what you do to yourself in the bunker......

This is not in my dreams.

^^^This is a joke^^^

Does in my dreams count?

They sometimes call me Seabass......

Is that an odor?
Originally Posted by kingston

Does in my dreams count?

Brother Kingston, dreams do not count..... xoxoxoxox

Jim, have we met?

I already explained to you I am not gay.... thanks for the offer anyway... I can see why you would be infatuated

Maybe in your dreams.
Do you know the Rose of Alabammy?

Incense to cover the Seab-ass?
I am desperately trying to prove my integrity by proving I have no friends..... crazy I know, but MCH backed me into this corner.... I will not forget

Dealing with liars is a tricky business....
Keep it up Fubar......I just put a fresh coat of used motor oil on my seal club.........

LMFGDAO...

Before eating ass?
Well....i mean i take a shower nearly a couple times a week.....on average.

Either my head or my ass gets to itching too bad....and i clean up.

Jesus hates it when you waste water.
Mom just called for dinner, GTG...
Well....i mean i take a shower nearly a couple times a week.....on average.

Either my head or my ass gets to itching too bad....and i clean up.

Jesus hates it when you waste water.

Serrano and Jalapeño exfoliant.
I take omeprazole & famotidine on alternate days. That keeps down the long term dosage of both and it works great. Luckily I haven't been using ranitidine.

Before eating ass?

don't eat it but have been known to pee in it if she asked.

Before eating ass?

They dont teach that up here......
I'm late... I know. I hate lawyers and crap like this though. Did not read the posts.

All I can say is when I had heartburn Zantac was the ONLY one that helped. Period. And I kept it in all the vehicles. Lets just say TX gets a tad warm in the summer.

Dont' know when this stuff will kill me but it was 90s when I had to use it off and on. Only as needed obviously. And thankfully haven't had to use it in about 5-10 years or so.

YMMV.

Class action can kiss my azz.
Its probably best if you read the thread.

We had a lot of fun with it.

Before eating ass?

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Omeprazole is a PPI or proton pump inhibitor. So is Nexium. Nexium is actually the same thing as Prilosec (omeprazole) made by the same company Astra-Zeneca. Prilosec was going off patent, so they came out with the "purple pill", made a very minute change, and named it Nexium. It had another 20 year patent. That's how you don't lose the market on a $6bb drug.

Proton pump inhibitors block the parietal cells production of acid in the stomach lining. Most often prescribed for GERD, stomach ulcers, and erosive esophagitus which can lead to Barrett's (cancer). Recent finding link it to dementia and kidney disease. I've been on it for 20 years. I may rethink that strategy, but it works for me. I can eat just about anything and it keeps my ph in balance so I don't wake up choking on battery acid. Of course, a small hiatal hernia doesn't help either.

H2 blockers like ranitidine (Zantac) and famotidine(Pepcid) along with cimetidine (Tagamet) are histamine blockers and aren't as strong or work as fast as PPI. Zantac has been on the market for 40 years. It was the number selling rx drug for a few years in the 80's.
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael

Thanks, Only took 4 pages for someone to get back on topic and post something relative to the OP.
I like Xantac.

-Hanco
I never take Zantac.

-Mannicher
Who here takes Zantac? Do you think it's hard to remove from the packaging? Have you ever known someone to take it?

-Wabigoon
No one can make me stop taking Xantac.

The scientists and media are trying to destroy the economy.

Last month, I went on a private tour of the Xantac factory. They gave me 700 doses for free.

I took them all at once and can still touch my grandchildren.

Liberals fear heartburn medication.

-Fubarski
Zantac was invented by the Zionists.

-The_Real_Hawkeye
You forgot Gus.....
Oh and if you give me a pass that would be ok.... wink
I've been taking Zantac daily for the last 28 years.

This is not a joke.

-Fubar
My grandmother saves her empty Zantac boxes for me. I laminate them with epoxy made from gray squirrel adipose tissue. Then I shape them with a belt sander my neighbor sold me at his garage sale into fletching for special crossbow bolts.

-Kellory
Been taking zantac for over 20yrs. Hasn't killed me yet.
I've been taking Zantac daily for the last 28 years.

This is not a joke.

-Fubar

Hey now.... that's not true, I started just yesterday after MCH was mean to me and made up lies about me.
This is no joking matter.....

Hey if you could include Tom264 that would be epicly uber..... smile
I'm frying bacon.
© 24hourcampfire