Home
If you thought the grocery stores were recovering their inventories somewhat (and they were around our city)

It’s cranking back up again.

They are wearing out the meat, TP, and canned goods.

shoppers are doubling down, the madness has a double bottom

Just conversation topic, I know most campfire types are well stocked.

The wife dashed in for ricotta cheese for a combat size lasagna we plan on sharing with extended family and she couldn’t even find any of that either.
Yep same way here in my part of pa. Wifey tried to get some ground beef for a large batch of shepards pie to eat some and then freeze for later. No dice, the clerk said they havent had any ground beef other then the garbage prepackaged in the plastic tube stuff for a few weeks. Slim non prepackaged cheese selections also. Only reason for trying to buy the beef is that we were trying to not hit too much of the ground venison freezer stash in case this virus shutdown drags out.
My house is over fugging stocked.
Freezer full of stuff
Frig same way
Kitchens cabinets stocked
Fugging formal dining room table fughing piled high
JFC.....
Told khan/ wife to stop buying so fugging much.

Excuse to spend money and get a shopping "fix" is what it is, kinda like a damm herion addict....
Yep,same is happening here also with meat and tp.
Let me head this off before someone that’s been living under a rock accuses me of being a pitiful, home owners association, no huntin city dweller. 😘

Got plenty o’ meat.

And as part of another project, I got 5 lbs of deer thawing.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
In February they were predicting bare shelves in mid April

I was talking to my wife about it today, went to the store this morning and bought a few dozen canned goods.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Let me head this off before someone that’s been living under a rock accuses me of being a pitiful, home owners association, no huntin city dweller. 😘

Got plenty o’ meat.

Eeeeeeew...........

LOL!!!
Ducked into the dollar store this morning for some Little Debs and a can of Pringles. Plenty of canned stuff and junk food in there. Didn't check the toilet paper situation though.

Got plenty o’ meat.

Real nice tile floor it looks like.
Didnt know they did that stuff in single wides????
Monday, ventured to the local WMT for the first time since the shut down started. We are well stocked, just wanted a few perishables so we could maintain out stock.

Place was actually pretty normal. Shelves were in good shape. Meat and water were fully stocked. Still no TP, and the beer aisle was for the first time a little sparce, but overall, it wasn't too bad.
Originally Posted by renegade50

Got plenty o’ meat.

Eeeeeeew...........

LOL!!!

I have a cornucopia of chemicals, salts, msg, spices, marinades to disguise the “Eeeeeeew....”

🤣🤮🤢😳😱🤫
I ventured to town last week, the store was pretty well stocked except for

soup, chili, canned prepared food was pretty slim
romen was out
TP out
beans were slim
hamburger helper out
tuna fish out

Paper towels were limit one roll per person

Plenty of milk, bread, meat, kippered snacks. etc

I'm pretty stocked, but needed veggies, cheese, milk, bread, etc so I don't break into my stock pile of freeze dried rations laugh
It doesn't take long buying those ribbed bags to pay off the upfront on a used chamber sealer, using bags costing pennies...

Got plenty o’ meat.

Eeeeeeew...........

LOL!!!

I have a cornucopia of chemicals, salts, msg, spices, marinades to disguise the “Eeeeeeew....”

🤣🤮🤢😳😱🤫
they are running out of places to put food at the costco's I was at this afternoon. Pallets of food everywhere.
also only letting about 50 people at a time in the store, had to wait for a couple to come out before they let us in.
bastards were out of Coaches oats .
Originally Posted by auk1124
Ducked into the dollar store this morning for some Little Debs and a can of Pringles. Plenty of canned stuff and junk food in there. Didn't check the toilet paper situation though.

priorities, man,

lol
I been stockpiling Marlboros and Steel Reserve, can trade for anything I need.

Got plenty o’ meat.

Naw you can floor a single wide all nice. Nothing to nail sub floor to though so jess heat up a couple 5 gallon cans of roofing asphalt so it pours out nice. Spreader out with a rake and get on it while its hot wit da tiles they stick like chit to a blanket duz a nice job. Works OK over carpet too but you need more tar ..
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
they are running out of places to put food at the costco's I was at this afternoon. Pallets of food everywhere.
also only letting about 50 people at a time in the store, had to wait for a couple to come out before they let us in.
bastards were out of Coaches oats .

I went to pick up a few things at our closest Costco. The lineup to enter was almost all the way along the long side of the store. Nothing was a critical immediate need, be damned if I was going to wait outside with a wind chill of -24C.
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I been stockpiling Marlboros and Steel Reserve, can trade for anything I need.

Good luck with that.

This here is “Cobra Country”

Originally Posted by Salty303

Got plenty o’ meat.

Naw you can floor a single wide all nice. Nothing to nail sub floor to though so jess heat up a couple 5 gallon cans of roofing asphalt so it pours out nice. Spreader out with a rake and get on it while its hot wit da tiles they stick like chit to a blanket duz a nice job. Works OK over carpet too but you need more tar ..

Hahaha!!!!
I am the Chemical Ali of rut tarsal deer meat.

Mmmm, mmmmpp
I hit our HEB yesterday about an hour after they opened and found all that I needed including TP. Butcher area was full as was the produce area. Canned stuff was well stocked. Less folks shopping it seems.
Originally Posted by kid0917
Originally Posted by auk1124

priorities, man,

lol

Well, in my defense, they were Cheddar and Sour Cream.
I am the Chemical Ali of rut tarsal deer meat.

Mmmm, mmmmpp

LOL!!!
The kid reported his Kroger was swamped when the stay-at-home thing started 3 weeks ago. He worked a bunch during spring break, & they begged him to work more. They'd restock the store daily, or more often, but people cleaned the place out.

Last weekend, he said the place was mostly empty both Friday & Saturday. Must be a lot of full pantries.

FC
Originally Posted by EdM
I hit our HEB yesterday about an hour after they opened and found all that I needed including TP. Butcher area was full as was the produce area. Canned stuff was well stocked. Less folks shopping it seems.

God bless HEB, I only wish they sold ammo.

Walked in to Academy with minimal wait and picked up a bulk pack of .22's off the shelf yesterday, so they're getting a little bit ahead.
MS goes on lockdown / shelter in place @ midnight tonight.

Lockdown + first ‘o month EeeeBbbbbTtttt refills = pandemic pandemonium.
Still no TP. The stupid is still on.
Hit Publix yesterday. No lines, everything on my list in stock. I bought heavy on “long term short term “ supplies. Rice, pasta, canned foods, cheese, potatoes, onions. Freezer has venison, pork and chicken. Lots of shrimp and fish. I have dozens of the gallon size cans of Mountain House, and cases of MREs. I could probably go at least 6 months before I had to get into the real survival upsupplies. 😎
Our stores seem pretty normal
Could be people got paid and decided to buy more cshit!
Stores were finally back to normal here and then the fool RINO governor decided to panic everyone again with a shelter-in-place. People voted him in because democrat, now when the economy falls apart they'll vote in a moonbat liberal because virus.
Food Lion is like time travel into the 50's compared to PUBLIX.
Originally Posted by ringworm

Kinda the way Piggly Wiggly is down here. grin Had to go there when Publix got slammed with the panic and an extra dose of spring breakers.

Publix was in much better shape yesterday. Still out of disinfectants, alcohol, bleach, etc. They started phasing in self checkout about a month or so ago. Good for the customers and employees right now, imo.
I have an elk and a half in the freezer, along with a decent (not great) season’s worth of ocean-caught coho.

I’m good.

P

In case you missed it, I heavily praised Publix for their store, service, and employees yesterday on another thread.

Yet I was mocked because the name sounded funny.

So whatever

I’ll try to give a publix update in a couple days, we have 3 in our podunk town.

grin
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick

Kinda the way Piggly Wiggly is down here. grin Had to go there when Publix got slammed with the panic and an extra dose of spring breakers.

Publix was in much better shape yesterday. Still out of disinfectants, alcohol, bleach, etc. They started phasing in self checkout about a month or so ago. Good for the customers and employees right now, imo.

Our older Publix (built about 10 years ago) is still spotless, well maintained. They have 4 or 6 self checkouts. Quick in quick out.
I wanted some Cold Eeze zinc cough drops last week. Publix has them, I kind of figured they would, the riff raff ain’t in there pilfering the place into desolation wasteland.

The 5 Walmart supercenters take the load off. lol
If you thought the grocery stores were recovering their inventories somewhat (and they were around our city)

It’s cranking back up again.

They are wearing out the meat, TP, and canned goods.

shoppers are doubling down, the madness has a double bottom

Just conversation topic, I know most campfire types are well stocked.

The wife dashed in for ricotta cheese for a combat size lasagna we plan on sharing with extended family and she couldn’t even find any of that either.

Likely be that way too the better part of the rest of this week with it being the first of the month --- EBT, SNAP, WIC, etc.
Welfare recipients got their money today. I fully expect the shelves to be empty tomorrow. And a lot of canned goods and TP being offered up for trade on facebook in exchange for smokes and liquor.
Originally Posted by chesterwy
Welfare recipients got their money today. I fully expect the shelves to be empty tomorrow. And a lot of canned goods and TP being offered up for trade on facebook in exchange for smokes and liquor.

I ask you. Is this a great country, or what ?

Capitalism at its finest.
1st of the month. Food stamps and other .gov money hit the accounts today.
© 24hourcampfire