Home
Posted By: MM879 P1622 Oxygen Sensor Hi Fault - 04/01/20
Has anyone ever had an intermittent oxygen sensor fault? I had one today and one hour later after a restart everything is good.
Did you clear the code or did it do it itself? If you cleared it, I hate to say it, but it will probably light up again.
Posted By: MM879 Re: P1622 Oxygen Sensor Hi Fault - 04/01/20
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Did you clear the code or did it do it itself? If you cleared it, I hate to say it, but it will probably light up again.

It cleared on its own. I'm looking at sensor performance. The sensor hi fault indicates that the sensor signal is disconnected and the pull-up resistor on the computer a/d is raising the signal to 5v. Possible failure modes are internal sensor failure or open signal circuit to PCM. The wiring looks good.
Are we talkin' O2 sensor or MAP sensor?
Posted By: MM879 Re: P1622 Oxygen Sensor Hi Fault - 04/01/20
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Are we talkin' O2 sensor or MAP sensor?

O2 sensor, left upstream 1:1
Replace it.
Oops, sorry. I was thinking p0622 universal code, p1622 is manuf specific, I'm clueless. Left bank sensor 1, since it won't cost anything, unplug it if it's easy to reach and disconnect the battery, 5 min reconnect, the mother ship may recalibrate the sensor values on it's own depending on make and year? If it goes out and stays out, go buy a lottery ticket.
Posted By: MM879 Re: P1622 Oxygen Sensor Hi Fault - 04/02/20
I got a feeling that the OEM forgot to use gold terminals on the harness side. The mileage is O2 sensor mid-life. The sensor shouldn't be bad yet. The engine doesn't have any running issues. I'll take a look at the harness side female terminal with a USB microscope and see if I can identify any gold flash. Removing and installing the connector should be enough to wipe the terminal contacts.
I think I have that on my corvette. I replaced sensor 3 times with delco and off brands. I can't get it cleared. I had it in the shop 10 times, no go.
© 24hourcampfire