Home
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/01/oan-white-house-correspondents-coronavirus-160598

White House Correspondents’ Association boots OAN from briefing rotation
The rare step, against the Trump-friendly outlet, followed a reporter’s defiance of social-distancing restrictions.
White House briefing room

By CAITLIN OPRYSKO
04/01/2020 08:25 PM EDT
Updated: 04/01/2020 08:37 PM EDT
The White House Correspondents’ Association said on Wednesday it was booting a media outlet from its rotation of news organizations that get seats in the White House briefing room after one of its reporters twice defied social-distancing policies amid the coronavirus pandemic.

In a statement emailed out toward the end of Wednesday’s coronavirus task force briefing at the White House, the WHCA board reminded members of its temporary rules, which restrict seating in the room to a rotation of only a little over a dozen journalists a day, separated by more than one seat in the room. The rules also bar journalists from standing along the sides or back of the room, which would typically be packed during a normal briefing.

Advertisement
“Under this policy, we have asked reporters who don’t have a seat not to attend press briefings,” the board’s note read.
“We are writing to inform you that the WHCA Board has voted this evening to remove a news outlet from the rotation for a seat in the briefing room,” it continued. “We did this because a reporter for this outlet twice attended press briefings in contravention of this policy. We do not take this action lightly. This is a matter of public safety.”
I fully expect President Trump to personally invite OAN representatives at his press conferences.

Fug your rules, White House Correspondents Fake News Association, you suck.
Of course, ban the only network worth watching.
It'll help when they boot Acosta again.

"Hey, we booted the conservative network last month."
Originally Posted by Morewood
I fully expect President Trump to personally invite OAN representatives at his press conferences.

Fug your rules, White House Correspondents Fake News Association, you suck.

This ^^^

Geno
Haha!

Fuggem.
No one asks us....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I do love when you post that pic.

Postmodern American Gothic.
Haha!
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
No one asks us....

Haha. Them folks mean bidness.
Originally Posted by kroo88
Of course, ban the only network worth watching.
THAT!
"Must...get...Trump....gasp...sob...."
Finger with knife, arm with saw?
Rub the MSM nose in it, appoint an OAN person to the Covid-19 task force. Let them stand at the front of the room.
It's a conspiracy.
The should have been booted if they twice didn't abide by the guidelines put in place.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
No one asks us....

Originally Posted by FatCity67
I do love when you post that pic.

Postmodern American Gothic.

Imagine what Andy Warhol could do with that...........just think what an effect on "art" he had using a Campbell's soup can.

But........................Andy be hangin' with Roy now I heard.

Geno
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
The should have been booted if they twice didn't abide by the guidelines put in place.

sure, but who's making up the daily "rotation" of attendees?

In a statement emailed out toward the end of Wednesday’s coronavirus task force briefing at the White House, the WHCA board reminded members of its temporary rules, which restrict seating in the room to a rotation of only a little over a dozen journalists a day,

Are NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, etc on the rotation every day?

Are lots drawn?

Dice rolled?

Pick a card?

Maybe OAN has felt excluded as the new guy on the block, and just said "We ain't gonna take it"?

Not much info there, and in the interest of fairness, perhaps they should divide the news organizations into "camps" and distribute the seats evenly?

Geno
She was there again tonight. In the bac corner asking questions! LOL.

Chanel Rion, you go girl!

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...ing-as-white-house-guest-after-violating
You got some weird views sometimes?
© 24hourcampfire