Home
Posted By: OAM My Grandma's pretty cool! - 04/02/20
She owns three rental houses in Fairbanks. Rent was due today and one lady she rents to is a waitress that is laid off and has two kids. She called my grandma who is 91 and told her she couldnt pay. My Grandma had my uncle drive her to the store were she spent $450 on groceries. Brought them to her tenant and told her this months rent is on her.
She is pretty freakin cool.
Posted By: slumlord Re: My Grandma's pretty cool! - 04/02/20
One of kind, indeed
Posted By: NVhntr Re: My Grandma's pretty cool! - 04/02/20
What a great lady! That's how we will get through this.
Originally Posted by OAM
She owns three rental houses in Fairbanks. Rent was due today and one lady she rents to is a waitress that is laid off and has two kids. She called my grandma who is 91 and told her she couldnt pay. My Grandma had my uncle drive her to the store were she spent $450 on groceries. Brought them to her tenant and told her this months rent is on her.

Greatest Generation!
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: My Grandma's pretty cool! - 04/02/20
Awesome. We need more like her.
God bless her!Thats one good old gal,they don t make em like that anymore.
Posted By: gemby58 Re: My Grandma's pretty cool! - 04/02/20
Hats off to your grandmother
Posted By: RAS Re: My Grandma's pretty cool! - 04/02/20
Give what you can boys. People will remember those who stood up and made a difference.

There are going to be a lot of hurting people very, very soon.
Originally Posted by RAS
Give what you can boys. People will remember those who stood up and made a difference.

There are going to be a lot of hurting people very, very soon.

Agree wholeheartedly.
Posted By: kingston Re: My Grandma's pretty cool! - 04/02/20
Originally Posted by OAM

I’ll say. She’s an American! Good on her!
That's Real American Spirit
Posted By: Lockhart Re: My Grandma's pretty cool! - 04/02/20
She's been through tough times. I don't know how her family experienced that but she knows and is treating others with compassion.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: My Grandma's pretty cool! - 04/02/20
Real American Lady!
Posted By: JSTUART Re: My Grandma's pretty cool! - 04/02/20
Originally Posted by OAM

Yes, you have a pretty cool Grandmother.
She is a special lady and you are tremendously blessed to have her in your life.

Thank you for sharing with us this story of a real life hero.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: My Grandma's pretty cool! - 04/02/20
Originally Posted by OAM

A damn fine gal indeed!

I just wish everyone would treat their fellow human as nicely. If everyone did these things there would be no social programs for the undeserving to take advantage of.
Posted By: hanco Re: My Grandma's pretty cool! - 04/02/20
A very good person! I applaud her!!!
Posted By: 22250rem Re: My Grandma's pretty cool! - 04/02/20
God bless her....... She probably has childhood memories of the great depression. My son is laid off and rents a house. Doesn't have much of a rainy day fund like I've always bugged him to have. But his landlord knows he's good for it, and ain't gonna evict him because there aren't too many folks running around right now looking for rental houses.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: My Grandma's pretty cool! - 04/02/20
Nice story. That's the way people are supposed to be in times like this.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: My Grandma's pretty cool! - 04/02/20
I was going to say, May God Bless her. I'm sure He has, He added to it, and spread it further.
Posted By: EQFD193 Re: My Grandma's pretty cool! - 04/02/20
Old school....Enough said !!!
your Grandma is really cool. Hero material for sure
© 24hourcampfire