Home
Posted By: northern_dave covid and flu shots - 04/02/20
Is anyone aware of any studies that may show a good or bad difference in covid severity in those who have been regularly receiving annual flu shots?

Like , people who carry the virus but show no symptoms also have regularly received flue shots. Or, people who end up on ventilators.....

Just curious.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: covid and flu shots - 04/02/20
Good question David, I've read nothing about that.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: covid and flu shots - 04/02/20
Happy Birthday again, Dave !

Bout all I can add here, sorry.

Never had a flu shot in my life, 54 years old, smoker & manage to stay healthy.

squidge under 6 feets & 185lbs.

We do eat right though.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: covid and flu shots - 04/02/20
I been thinking the same thing. I would like to think that having had vaccines for decades would offer SOME positive benefit.
Posted By: shaman Re: covid and flu shots - 04/02/20
This is an uneducated guess; I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

The regular flu is a different family of virus-- the H1 family. Covid-19 is Coronavirus-- same family as the common cold. Getting your annual flu shot should not give you extra immunity to Covid-19.
Posted By: Squidge Re: covid and flu shots - 04/02/20
Happy Birthday Dave!

https://komonews.com/news/local/flu-shots-can-it-protect-you-against-the-coronavirus

A frequently asked question has been whether the flu vaccine will protect you against COVID-19 and if you should bother getting the shot.

“No, the flu shot does not protect you against COVID-19 but it does protect you from the flu and the reality is we know people can get things like the influenza and COVID-19 at the same time,” said Dr. Elizabeth Meade from Swedish Hospital. “It’s very rare but it would be potentially very dangerous.”
Posted By: WhiteFawn Re: covid and flu shots - 04/02/20
No benefit from flu shots but I've heard and read that people taking the hydroxychloroquine malaria pills for other problems aren't getting covid19.

No long term studies on much of anything since its a new to humans virus.
Posted By: JohnnyLoco Re: covid and flu shots - 04/02/20
Flu ain’t in the corona family
Posted By: Stickfight Re: covid and flu shots - 04/02/20
It was going around that having received a flu shot made COVID worse, but I never saw any evidence attached to those claims.
Posted By: joken2 Re: covid and flu shots - 04/02/20

Got to wonder about the pneumonia vaccine shot too since many covid 19 victims typically get pneumonia and often die from it.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: covid and flu shots - 04/02/20
Originally Posted by WhiteFawn
read that people taking the hydroxychloroquine malaria pills for other problems aren't getting covid19.

And the FDA has approved its use for C-19, so when is it going to be given as a routine prophalaytic to the masses until a vaccine can be developed?

I'm gonna say never; only given to patients that actually are in an institution and/or test positive.

MM
Posted By: deadlift_dude Re: covid and flu shots - 04/02/20
From what I read, seasonal flu + a nasty case of Kung Flu is nearly a death sentence. So having the seasonal flu shot gives better odds vs seasonal flu and this might reduce your chance of DYING form Kung Flu. But the seasonal flu shot likely gives no benefit against CATCHING Kung Flu.

FTR, I started getting annual flu shots in teh Army many years ago, then stopped for a few. Started doing it again after I had kids.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: covid and flu shots - 04/02/20
Originally Posted by joken2

Got to wonder about the pneumonia vaccine shot too since many covid 19 victims typically get pneumonia and often die from it.

Won't help at all. Covid is a virus. Common pneumonia is bacterial.
Posted By: deadlift_dude Re: covid and flu shots - 04/02/20
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by joken2

Won't help at all. Covid is a virus. Common pneumonia is bacterial.

Unless getting pneumonia weakens the patient, leaving him vulnerable to Kung Flu. Or the Kung Flu weakens the patient, leaving him vulnerable to pneumonia.

This sort of thing happens all the time with seasonal flu & pneumonia, common cold & pneumonia, or many MANY other viral infections leading to bacterial infections. BTDT.
Posted By: northern_dave Re: covid and flu shots - 04/02/20
Interesting.

Well I thought I'd ask.

Other correlations that seem to have a deadly outcome are color blindness and covid, deadly combination. Also those that have seen the tiger king series prior to or during covid 19 seem to have a very low survival rate.

very strange.

I heard just this morning that it got Roy Clark. "pickin and a grinnin" is not advised if you should happen to come in contact with the virus.
Posted By: kingston Re: covid and flu shots - 04/02/20
I thought one of your Birthdays was yesterday you sly [bleep]. Grin.
I'm thinking it's time to bump the Dong thread.
Originally Posted by kingston
I'm thinking it's time to bump the Dong thread.

Rona got Dong too.

RIP, Dong.
Posted By: ironbender Re: covid and flu shots - 04/02/20
Pneumonia is a lung disease with several causes. The “pneumonia “ vaccine is to prevent pneumococcal-caused pneumonia.

No corona protection offered by influenza vaccine.
Posted By: smokepole Re: covid and flu shots - 04/02/20
The benefit is, fewer people will come down with the flu, think they have COVID-19, and clog up overloaded hospitals.
Rong RIv DONG

Rapy Birf Dray wu fūk
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: covid and flu shots - 04/02/20
You dont want to have a depressed autoimmune system and catch the covid.

So yes Flu and Pneumonia shots cause your body to increase its antibody production against those types of viruses.

Wife works with an 70yrs old virologist who gets several flu shots over season to keep his antibody level elevated.
Rong RIv DONG

Rapy Birf Dray wu fūk

Fugg Travis n Frud, bring back da dong !
Rong RIv DONG

Dong may me smeye !
Posted By: OldHat Re: covid and flu shots - 04/02/20
I don't think flu shots can do much for covid because they stimulate production of the wrong antibodies, but here is some good scientific news. This is genuine science. It is NOT some talking head crap. neither is it hearsay.

Can Hot/Cold Therapy Boost Immunity? More on Hydroxychloroquine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFRwnhfWXxo
A fru shot, boost anybodies.
Posted By: Hawk_Driver Re: covid and flu shots - 04/02/20
6 trips to the Middle East, one to Senegal and one to Central America, all on my Uncle's dime. I have had so much crap injected into me, if the Covid got in me, it would probably haul azz out.
© 24hourcampfire