Home
Posted By: 5sdad Allergy season ... - 04/03/20

... is about to turn into the Salem Witch Trials.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Allergy season ... - 04/03/20
Been jackin’ me up since January
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: Allergy season ... - 04/03/20
It has made me wonder that.

Mine started about 3 weeks ago.

Meds have got it under control now.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Allergy season ... - 04/03/20
Mine have been bothering me for the past 2-3 months, and I take Zyrtec.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Allergy season ... - 04/03/20
And we’re not supposed to be rubbing our eyes.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Allergy season ... - 04/03/20
I’m cooped up at home anyway.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Allergy season ... - 04/03/20
You gots da 'Rona!!!
Posted By: gunzo Re: Allergy season ... - 04/03/20
3, 4 weeks ago my throat was tight, a bit sore, my eyes bothering me, nose running. I thought aw' crap, all this talk of corona, do I have it?! Then I said wait a minute, so much talk, it would mess with anybodies head.

I started looking at my yard & woods. Things sprouting and blooming.Yep, allergy season again. I get them bad, nearly bed ridden bad every 2 or 3 years. So, for the next several weeks if my sinuses & lungs start fugging up, I'm not gonna be sure am I?

It's gonna freak out a bunch of folks.
Posted By: gutthooked Re: Allergy season ... - 04/03/20
I get weekly allergy shots and my dr closed up for a month or so. I take pills and nose sprays to help with allergies too.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Allergy season ... - 04/03/20
Yesterday’s snow cleared the atmosphere.

Mine have gotten worse every year. It’s been all winter this year.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Allergy season ... - 04/03/20
Slight last couple weeks.
Woke up today pretty clogged/headache.

Witch says she's miserable w it too.
Of course that cats have NOTHING to do with it............and the big fuzzy long hair sleeps beside me.
On my pillow.

Yeeesh.
Posted By: 16bore Re: Allergy season ... - 04/03/20
Already has. My ex wife is in healthcare and got sent home with the sniffles. Can’t come back until she gets her CV19 results. She said it’s pretty damn surreal.
Posted By: victoro Re: Allergy season ... - 04/03/20
I am very allergic to mold which is around central Texas almost all year. I'm also allergic to ragweed which makes me sneeze nonstop but it isn't around that long. What had been working real well for my mold allergy for quite a few years is trying to keep track of the mold level everyday and if it's high I wear a face mask when outside. If I forget to check the mold level and find it's high that day I rinse my sinuses with NeilMed sinus rinse ASAP and start using Nasacort nasal spray until the mold lever goes back down. If I don't do that my sinuses plug up real quick and I get a headache. If I don't get my sinuses unplugged quickly I get a sinus infection, a sore throat (caused by the sinus drainage), a chest cold and a real bad cough that keeps me up all night.

I've never found any medication OTC or prescribed that helps my allergies (or congestion) but I did give myself allergy shots (for 5 years) that cured my Cedar allergy
Posted By: Dess Re: Allergy season ... - 04/03/20
If you can find a local beekeeper, locally sourced honey often helps.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Allergy season ... - 04/03/20
Add the sore throat from mouth breathing and a fever from all that clogged up gunk getting infected....
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Allergy season ... - 04/03/20
A sniffling young man told me, "I'm allergic to cops, and women."
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Allergy season ... - 04/03/20
I’m crazy allergic to fescue pollen. I’m a mess when they are cutting hey around here. I had it pretty rough when we usd to do square bales by hand.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Allergy season ... - 04/03/20
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
I’m crazy allergic to fescue pollen. I’m a mess when they are cutting hey around here. I had it pretty rough when we usd to do square bales by hand.

Yet another reason to hate those $^%#ing square bales!
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Allergy season ... - 04/03/20
Originally Posted by 5sdad

The squares were tolerable. It was the snakes under the round bales that created a new level of challenge.

kwg
Originally Posted by kwg020

The squares were tolerable. It was the snakes under the round bales that created a new level of challenge.

kwg

Didn't have roto balers in our area. Bales weren't allowed to hit the ground - standing on a bouncing rack was a good way to develop sea legs.
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Allergy season ... - 04/03/20
Originally Posted by kwg020

kwg

Why is that? You're moving rounds with equipment.

Originally Posted by Dess
If you can find a local beekeeper, locally sourced honey often helps.

I've tried that in 3 different states in very different regions of the country and never found it to do a damned thing with mine. Though I do like honey smile

I'm thinking that he's talking about small rounds from an Allis Chalmers roto baler.
Posted By: hanco Re: Allergy season ... - 04/03/20
We have had issues down here for a month with all the yellow cshit all over the place.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Allergy season ... - 04/03/20
Originally Posted by victoro
...... I rinse my sinuses with NeilMed sinus rinse ASAP and start using Nasacort nasal spray until the mold lever goes back down. If I don't do that my sinuses plug up real quick and I get a headache. If I don't get my sinuses unplugged quickly I get a sinus infection, a sore throat (caused by the sinus drainage), a chest cold and a real bad cough that keeps me up all night.

I use sinus rinse every morning. Sometimes twice a day if I'm bushhogging, mowing, moving hay, etc....I'll do it when I'm finished up for the day. If I let it go the things and the order you listed them in is exactly what happens to me.....well, it's an upper respiratory infection rather than a chest cold. Sinus rinse stops it before it starts.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Allergy season ... - 04/03/20
I take a zertec generic every day Keep a Flonase generic handy.

They both help.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Allergy season ... - 04/04/20

I'm thinking that he's talking about small rounds from an Allis Chalmers roto baler.

I thought tough fellers in IA just loaded those by hand too....no gloves!
© 24hourcampfire