Home
I hope these young ones are found!

Link: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/r...ing-boaters-on-chesapeake-bay-2020-04-03

Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Been blowing like stink here the last two days with gusts over 30 knots and the water is still 51 degrees. Not a likely great scenario for the children.
I hope they are found too, but they probably drown.
Hopefully they put on PFDs before they went out after the ball.

At least they might find some remains that way.

Sad deal.

Geno
I don’t think that’s Kennedy bad luck. I think it’s just stupidity in this case
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
I hope these young ones are found!

Link: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/r...ing-boaters-on-chesapeake-bay-2020-04-03

Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Boating 101 says that you need to wear a life jacket when you go out in a boat.

If they drowned, I'd chalk it up to typical Kennedy arrogance on the part of the child's mother.
I wouldnt have taken a 28’ CC out the last two days... a canoe or kayak is just nuts! Way to cold to be messing around like that, especially in 30+mph winds... thats big water. I hate to be negative but there isnt going to be a happy ending to this one.
Pugs: Thank you for that information - in that case I must ask what in the hell was that woman thinking taking a youngster out on the ocean in a canoe?
Sheesh.
Still sad - I am puzzled they have not been found - probably no PFD's on?
Shame.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Drowning? Kennedy?
hypothermia not drowned
I also fear for the first responders looking for them. Like the previous post with the conditions present a canoe or kayak is really not appropriate for the conditions.
Ejp1234: Thank you as well for that update/information.
This brings back some, many actually, sad memories of drowned people I used to "retrieve" professionally as a Police Officer, that eventually was assigned to the Harbor Unit.
Especially sad/ disturbing when the drowned persons were young or children.
What a waste.
Still a sad shame.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by boatammo
hypothermia not drowned

Teddy was immune to both.
Did they have something on Hillary?
Boatammo: We retrieved a lot of "hypothermia" victims who were thought to have drowned.
I handled 3 or 4 "zipper-down drownings" - these were usually retired men who went out fishing alone in their 12' aluminum kicker boats in the cold waters of Puget Sound/Elliott Bay. And when time came to relieve themselves they stood up "unzipped" and let fly! Sadly they would fall in that desperately cold water and before they could struggle back into their boats they would die of hypothermia!
They would almost always have PFD's on though - which made them easy to find.
Yeah nothing good about humans drowning (or dying of hypothermia!) - other than it is a relatively quick way to go.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by Pugs
Been blowing like stink here the last two days with gusts over 30 knots and the water is still 51 degrees. Not a likely great scenario for the children.

Like Pugs said, very...very windy on the bay yesterday. Not even charter boats would have ventured out on the water.
Kennedy's and water don't mix
Bad luck, or bad judgement?

Good job Mom.

I feel bad for the 8-year old.
Originally Posted by hunter4623

Yep, just like John John killing those other passengers...Dum fugg.
why the hell would somebody take a canoe in the chesapeake in early april?
bad idea any time of year. BEEG WATER there...
Originally Posted by rem141r

To give the Kennedy Curse more validity.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

To give the Kennedy Curse more validity.

mission accomplished

went after a ball? bad judgment there.
Just going out a few yards to retrieve a friggin' ball! That is bad luck!
What could go wrong?
It's not like those folks were too poor to buy another ball. Have old Joe's bootlegging millions run out?
Jerry
Darwin was not their friend.

Accidents like these usually do not just happen, they are caused.

Family wealth rarely equates to intelligence.

Unfortunate deal.
Was the canoe made by Oldsmoblle?
I pulled several dead ones out of the water during my career. Was the very worst part of being a game warden. One father and 4 year old son died in the Sabine river. It was flooded and cold and the John boat capsized. The kid had on a life jacket and was pulled out barely alive 20 miles downstream but he died from hypothermia. We found the dad drowned not too far from the capsizing. It was always bad but when it was a child it was pitiful to see the parents watching us search.
Curse of the Kennedy clan is not altogether undeserved.
hypothermia not drowned

But not his baby or its momma.

A bullet through the chest really reduces the odds of escape from a submerged car. Especially with all the windows rolled up and doors locked shut.
Anyone: Have the bodies been found as yet?
Or perhaps ANY good news?
Nothing but China Red Death news on the TV.
Sure sad and the "Kennedy Saga" continues.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
The coast guard called off the search today.
APR 04, 2020 9:37 AM

Maeve McKean is the granddaughter of Robert F. Kennedy, who was assassinated in 1968 during a presidential bid, the grandniece of former President John F. Kennedy, who was shot and killed in Dallas five years earlier, and daughter of former Maryland lieutenant governor Kathleen Kennedy Townsend, Robert F. Kennedy’s eldest child.

“With profound sadness, I share the news that the search for my beloved daughter Maeve and grandson Gideon has turned from rescue to recovery,” Townsend said in a statement Friday night.

McKean’s husband, David McKean, said in a Facebook post Friday night that the family had been quarantined at his mother-in-law’s waterfront home in Shady Side, Md. in recent weeks.

“We were self-quarantining in an empty house owned by Maeve’s mother Kathleen on the Chesapeake Bay, hoping to give our kids more space than we have at home in D.C. to run around,” he wrote. “Gideon and Maeve were playing kickball by the small, shallow cove behind the house, and one of them kicked the ball into the water.”

Mother and son went out in the canoe after the ball but strong winds overturned the canoe.

[Linked Image from i.dailymail.co.uk]
Akasparky: Wow - that picture sure "brings it home"!
Thank you for sharing this news article and the picture with me.
Such a simple thing, turns (apparently) into such a horrible tragedy.
Sad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Politics aside, that family has sure suffered more than their share of tragedies.
Darwinism at work.
Originally Posted by hunter4623

That's what it's been in most cases.
Horrible tragedy...I feel for their loved ones.

Any time a young mother and son die it’s a tragedy politics or judgement aside
Originally Posted by jaguartx
hypothermia not drowned

But not his baby or its momma.

A bullet through the chest really reduces the odds of escape from a submerged car. Especially with all the windows rolled up and doors locked shut.

Yep
stupid is as stupid does.
© 24hourcampfire