Home
first, are they open?

second, are they packed with people?

I'd love to sneak off to a range on a nice spring day but i bet every other yahoo out there like me has the same idea
Mine is shutdown so I use the one at the camp.

I’m thankful to have an outlet.
I just need to buy 10 acres of schit land in the boondocks ,build a barn for my toys and just spend my time out there instead of driving 90 minutes to a public range

2 more months of this nonsense and I bet I can find some
The range I go to is only open to the public Thur afternoon thru all day Sunday.

Went shooting pistols with the wife on Tues, I shot rifles on Thursday. Didnt see a soul either day, but its always like that when I go on members only days. When I go alone, I usually get there at sunrise, so no real surprise there.

Going to the skeet range tomorrow, they are still open.

All the ranges around here are, but matches/meetings are cancelled.
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
The range I go to is only open to the public Thur afternoon thru all day Sunday.

Went shooting pistols with the wife on Tues, I shot rifles on Thursday. Didnt see a soul either day, but its always like that when I go on members only days. When I go alone, I usually get there at sunrise, so no real surprise there.

Hawk, does your range have a range marshal ?
All closed around me.
Until about a week ago, my local range was open and pretty crowded. When the dipchit governor shut down everything, the ranges shut too. The ones near my old place in California are shut down too and I got an email from one of them begging for donations to be able to pay their bills whilst they are shut down.
I'd say the range is one place where social distancing has always been in effect
Hot Wells in Cypress is closed I’ve heard.
My rifle ranges closed today per order of the governor. Very unfortunate decision for me, as I had been going regularly and was basically solo, save for the 2 or 3 regulars in pistol pits. Decision greatly contributes to the boredom of current everyday life.

Bob
Angeles Shooting Range has been cold for at least a couple of weeks.
Our's is open, but it's not a supervised range anyway. Plus I have a back window to shoot out of.
Public ones are closed. Thankfully I am a member at a private range, they are open and not near as many idiots.
Ours is open, if it’s not raining or maybe if it is, I’m going in the morning.
The club I belong to has closed both ranges.

Mine's open......

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I went up the road to the National Forest this morning. There's a road with unofficial "ranges" sprawled out all over the place. Went in a ways and picked a nice 50 yard spot I had used a couple times before. My social distancing was maybe a quarter mile to the next closest group though there were dozens of people out shooting today. Some folks were going at it full auto so no ammo shortage there.
Closed around here. This weekend is gonna suck.
There aren't any public ranges around here. I've been shooting in my back yard as usual.
Yes, I do my shooting down on the farm. The only ranges I used were Army.

Mine open but can't get anyone to come shoot with me. Rio7
Originally Posted by RIO7

Wouldn't have to ask me twice Rio if I was only a hair closer.
All closed around here but I’ve got a friend that is finishing up work on a new shooting facility. He let me come out and do a test run yesterday.
Eagle gun range in Farmers Branch is open (just checked their website) with slightly modified hours so I'd think the rest of the indoor ranges would be too. Not sure about the outdoor ranges as we're in the monsoon season here in this part of Texas.
Indiana DNR closed all public ranges on 4/2 until further notice.

Man, I love that set up!
In TN, our Governor declared gun stores and ranges essential. Therefore, our range is open. It is not public, and you must make a reservation to go, but it is open.

School is now in session.
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Hawk, does your range have a range marshal ?

Not really. When its open to the public, they have a caretaker there. He does keep an eye on things, but not watching like a hawk. Everyone is still on their own.
Closed
Closed here. No fun zone.
Closed for the second week now
State Game Land 109 range in Pa, is closed.

aalf wish you were closer also, we could have a great time shooting long range, I've got a collection of crappy steel targets out 1800 yards, fun to shoot at.

Planned to go shoot this morning,but it's booming and banging and raining hard, think I will wait awhile, put new scopes on 3 rifles that need sighted in, and I have some test loads for my 6.5 PRC I want to shoot. Rio7
The range I belong to is still open we've somewhere close to 450 acres, lots of space for members to spread out on. I was there last Sunday and I'll be there this Sunday
Planned to go shoot this morning,but it's booming and banging and raining hard, think I will wait awhile,

Been wet here, and where I shoot will bog down a snipe. Yard needs mowing and I got stuck on the lawn mower twice the other day before I gave up. smile First three months of the year above average rainfall. miles
Missouri is under a shelter at home order.

Automobile travel to grocery stores, gas stations, pharmacy.....piss there is a state mandated list.

Gun range isn't on the list

If you are still working you have to have state approval of being essential with papers in your vehicle to prove it.

Dang Blue I'd come if I was closer.

Kent

i think ben avery either closed or is closing.
My range is closed but BLM is open. Went out yesterday evening to scope out some new areas.
Outdoor rec is still OK although camps and outhouses are officially closed.

I belong to a private on leased state ground and we're well behind a gate. I'm thinking really hard about having a shoot today. It's been at least four months since I last heard the sounds of freedom.
© 24hourcampfire