Home
Visiting, laughing, home improvements, loading ammo, playing pool, and praying constantly and thanking God for our good life and countless blessings. I been retired since 2014 and sit on the edge of a small hick Alaskan town in the middle of 2.5 acres with a great wife and Otto the mini Schnauzer. Daughter and family live about 200 yards from me and the 14 and 16 year old grand sons are staying here out of boredom. But, they like loading ammo and are good workers. LOL
Originally Posted by 1Akshooter
Visiting, laughing, home improvements, loading ammo, playing pool, and praying constantly and thanking God for our good life and countless blessings. I been retired since 2014 and sit on the edge of a small hick Alaskan town in the middle of 2.5 acres with a great wife and Otto the mini Schnauzer. Daughter and family live about 200 yards from me and the 14 and 16 year old grand sons are staying here out of boredom. But, they like loading ammo and are good workers. LOL

This is a man that has life by the balls.
I just go about my business as normal. Lockdown? What lockdown?
Most what I do all the rest of the time. I have a yard to keep up, bees to take care of. A couple of old tractors that always needs something done to them, along with the machinery. If it drys up (I wish), I will plant a garden. When you got a house and land, there is always something that can be done. miles
What's your family doing during lockdown?

REDRUM...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

laugh
Not much change on the farm, lower farm prices, of course.
Working as usual. Wife is a nurse and I’m
In the restaurant business. Business has slowed but life has not. We are gaining weight because we cook dinner for the family every day now. Family time is more abundant and that’s a good thing. I’d love some time off to do yard and farm chores in the nice weather.
Working. Maintenance techs can't catch a break. The wife works at the VA so she's working from home.
Lockdown....."please don't fling me in dat brier-patch"....

Wife and I are working from home but still have a lot more time with the kids and time in general without driving to work and all of the running around to "stuff". I have to say I love it.

We've done lots of farm work, wormed and rotated cattle and goats, done some fencing, lots of bushogging, cleared old stumps/dead trees and have a MASSIVE brush pile. Kids have been a big help with everything but the bushhogging. Camped out one night. Kids and wife have played lots of board games. Have done a ton of shooting with the kids....will again later today.

Only leave to pick up groceries, gas/diesel, and RX's. Amazon and Midway are like room service. I hate the reason for it........but I'm loving being locked down!

Sun's up now...time to get on the tractor!
Originally Posted by moosemike
Working. Maintenance techs can't catch a break. The wife works at the VA so she's working from home.

I'm also a tech, and we service first responders, so I'm also still working. Wife has been medically retired for quite a few years, so not much has changed other than a slow down in work, and a few shortages of supplies.

(That, and I'm working in mask and gloves, which sucks)
We have an old camp trailer that we've been slowly renovating. I'm in the process now of adding an extra gray water tank as the existing one is too small and backs up in the shower. Then I'll replace the water tank with a larger one. I'm getting ready to make some storm windows to help keep the old aluminum single pane windows from sweating (which ruined paneling in several places). Then I'll replace said ruined paneling. And on and on. It would have been faster and cheaper to buy a much newer camp trailer to start with.
Wifey is working from home, I’m working 3 days a week, but they are paying us for 40. Built a bbq pit, built a couple feeders, planted garden, gonna go to deer lease in the 10th to trap pigs and turkey hunt.
I’ll be glad when things return to normal.
I'm doing what I normally do, when you have cows and equipment there's always something that needs doing. I sure hope the restaurants open up and folks start eating out again. Three weeks without anything coming in sure makes you think about every dollar going out. It's finally dried out enough where I'm planting some onions and potatoes today.
My business hasn't slowed a bit.

There are various ways my patients can kill me, thankfully Covid-19 isn't on that list.
Originally Posted by kellory

I'm also a tech, and we service first responders, so I'm also still working. Wife has been medically retired for quite a few years, so not much has changed other than a slow down in work, and a few shortages of supplies.

Yup. It sucks trying to fix things in a mask and gloves. We're doing it too.
Originally Posted by kellory

Yup. It sucks trying to fix things in a mask and gloves. We're doing it too.

It does have it's rewards though...
Had a customer last week, woman is in tears, and believes that no matter what choice she makes, she may kill her husband.
(A little back story) husband has a brain tumor, and chemo. No immune system to speak of, and the car is trapped inside the garage. They can't uber, Lyft, cab due to who might have been in that car last. They don't allow ANYONE into the house at all, but she's unable to get her husband to his medical appointment.
I called to let her know I was on the way, and to relax, I'd get her out of there, in a completely "no contact " manner, and not to get startled, since I'd be in mask and gloves.
She broke down sobbing, and told me the whole story.
Took care of the problem without ever even seeing her face, or mine.
Spring cleaning

I think I hear the vacuum cleaner coming down the hallway.

Me and the Calico hate that damn thing
Just waiting to die....From Boredom!

😎
The usual stuff except staying home alone
What I do everyday!!

Wishing we hadn't bought the kids guitars and being thankful we didn't spring for a drum set!
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Wishing we hadn't bought the kids guitars and being thankful we didn't spring for a drum set!

Hey I’ve got a set! WHat’s your mailing address???

But sorry. Already used up my quota on these!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
My nearest neighbor is over 600 yards from me and my next nearest neighbor is 1.6 miles away.
So we are not doing anything different at all.

We "self isolate" as a way of life. And with a broken down truck and snow on the ground, we can't leave at times even if we wanted to.
Kunk Flu is not all that much of a threat to us, so far.......
Right now my boy and I are the sixth truck in line for getting a truckload of mushroom compost to till into the garden. If it ever dries up.
My problem is parts for my various projects. It's 10 miles to Home Depot and Lowes and it seems that I have to go to 1 or the other almost every day.
Going to work, as both the wife and I are considered essential. Her to getting the news out on five radio stations, and me because I move the nation on rails. Daughter is bored to death, but she's learning how to put a new engine in her 88 Jeep Wrangler this week and doing a write up to submit for her Ag Mechanics class for FFA that she has to do online now.
I'm essential at 2 jobs. I must be like a VIP or something. We are doing great. Cooking, eating, fighting, dreaming of happier days.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by gregintenn

Hey I’ve got a set! WHat’s your mailing address???

But sorry. Already used up my quota on these!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

You are a fine fellow indeed!
My wife is upstairs sewing masks for our older neighbors. My son and I are watching a Star Wars marathon while sipping Bloody Mary's.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
My problem is parts for my various projects. It's 10 miles to Home Depot and Lowes and it seems that I have to go to 1 or the other almost every day.

Sounds like you have the PPP flu! Piss, poor, planning. I also suffer from ppp when doing home projects!
Chasing steelhead and keeping my distance from people.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Headed to Braums for ice cream.
© 24hourcampfire