Home
Posted By: northern_dave outside christmas lights - 04/04/20
who's still got em up?
Since we're stuck at home with time to kill, I've started putting them up for this next Christmas.
Posted By: lastround Re: outside christmas lights - 04/04/20
I’m a Scrooge. Haven’t put lights up in several years.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: outside christmas lights - 04/04/20
laugh
Birthday Cake Again!

Happy Birthday!! smile
Posted By: tikkanut Re: outside christmas lights - 04/04/20

27 years as a UPS driver........

no Christmas lights go up at my place......humbug........

Happy Birthday Dave !
Still up.
Posted By: jk16 Re: outside christmas lights - 04/04/20
Wait another month and you can use them to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.. smile
I had to fake these in March In Wabigoon. They were only up a couple of days.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: JeffA Re: outside christmas lights - 04/04/20
I sure understand why you ask, I took this photo last time I spent September in the BWCA, must be a Minnesota thing..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Windfall Re: outside christmas lights - 04/04/20
The across the street neighbor built a structure in his front yard about 5x10x6' with shingled roof, painted walls, a Plexiglas front, full of Christmas stuff and lit up every night. Okay, I like Christmas as much as anyone, but come on. It is April 4th and this thing is the six month old eyesore of the neighborhood. They don't even see it from their house and from their garage they see only the back non-illuminated side. It is driving the wife nuts since we get to "enjoy" it from the bedroom, office, dining room and every time we back out of the driveway. The wife is talking physical harm to the structure and legal action with the city or neighborhood association. I'm open to any other suggestions.
Posted By: AKA_Spook Re: outside christmas lights - 04/04/20
the deep blue ones that are supposed to replicate icicles are my favorite
To be nice in season, they have to go away for most of the year.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Birthday Cake Again!

Happy Birthday!! smile

Originally Posted by tikkanut

27 years as a UPS driver........

no Christmas lights go up at my place......humbug........

Happy Birthday Dave !

Thanks so much, it is my special day,
Posted By: slumlord Re: outside christmas lights - 04/04/20
have not put them up in 20 years

We don’t get any trick or treaters.

Someone must have our home mis-listed as a sex offender’s residence.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: outside christmas lights - 04/04/20

I haven't seen anyone put up lighted stars for Easter yet.
Posted By: johnn Re: outside christmas lights - 04/04/20
Mine still up & on, dark around here, there fuggin cherry.
Posted By: dassa Re: outside christmas lights - 04/04/20
Originally Posted by Windfall
The across the street neighbor built a structure in his front yard about 5x10x6' with shingled roof, painted walls, a Plexiglas front, full of Christmas stuff and lit up every night. Okay, I like Christmas as much as anyone, but come on. It is April 4th and this thing is the six month old eyesore of the neighborhood. They don't even see it from their house and from their garage they see only the back non-illuminated side. It is driving the wife nuts since we get to "enjoy" it from the bedroom, office, dining room and every time we back out of the driveway. The wife is talking physical harm to the structure and legal action with the city or neighborhood association. I'm open to any other suggestions.

Sneak over one night and unplug it?
Posted By: Salty303 Re: outside christmas lights - 04/04/20
Unlike me I took them down a month ago It was past Easter before it happened last year. Got a guy next street over rockin them every night still crazy
Posted By: achadwick Re: outside christmas lights - 04/04/20
Mine are still up. smile
Posted By: Windfall Re: outside christmas lights - 04/04/20
Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by Windfall

Sneak over one night and unplug it?

The mail man showed up and said neighbor was raking their lawn across the street which gave me a perfect excuse to have a neighborly discussion about their structure. They have been removing stuff and breaking it down for the last two hours. I even mentioned that I'd be willing to help them with the heavy lifting during disassembly. The wife was plotting all kinds of diabolical plans the least of which would have been to unplug it. Diplomacy won out over a fire, pulling it over, cutting the cord or a court order. "Sweetness" isn't once she gets her hackles up.
© 24hourcampfire