Home
At 8:19 this morning I got a call from my daughter in law. She told me my son had an auto accident and he didn't make it. He was 24 years old. His name was John Tyler Lucas. We had many good hunting and fishing trips together. Cherish every minute you have with your son. We never know when it may be the last.
Prayers and condolences to you and your family..
So very sorry for your loss. Horrible.
Condolences, and prayers sent - for your DIL and your family.
So sorry to hear of your loss, you and your family will be in our prayers.
Very sorry to hear this. Prayers sent.
No words.

Dammit.
Oh my, this is horrible. I’m so sorry. I can’t imagine. I’m so so sorry.
So sorry for your loss...
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
No words.

Dammit.

None...Just unbelievable sad for you and your family.

😎
No words. Can’t imagine what you are going through.
I am so sorry for your loss.
I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine losing a son or our children. Prayers sent for strength to get through this.
I can't imagine the pain. So sorry for your loss.
My condolences. So sorry for your loss.
I’m so terribly sorry! There’s nothing worse than losing a child. May God bless you and yours at this difficult time. You will all be in my prayers!
Heartbreaking.
My youngest is about to turn 22, can't imagine your pain.

Prayers sent.
So sorry for your loss Lucas.
Sorry for your loss.
I’m so sorry over the loss of your son, Mr Lucas. My boys are just little squirts (3 & 6mo) and already we’re bonded in such a way that it hurts my heart to think about what you are going through.

Our family’s prayers in the morning will be for peace and healing for your family.
Lost my son 10 years ago he was 26, you would think I have words of wisdom, I don't.

It's a club I wish no one else has to join.

Peace and healing for your family, amen.

kent
Terrible thing this. Condolences.
My heart breaks for you sir. So sorry for you and your families loss
So sorry to hear about your loss. I can't image what your going through. Praying for you and your family.
Unreal. I'm so sorry to hear the worst a parent can have has happened to you. May God be with you and give you strength.
Oh man. I can't imagine how you feel. So sorry for your loss. Tragic.
Scheidt,

Condolences.

Geno
So sorry for you and your family.
My condolences, prayers sent
The most terrible thing I can imagine. Condolences...
Condolences, you and yours are in our thoughts.
As others have said, there are no words we can say that will ease the pain of your loss. I wish you and your family the strength to make it through this tragic passage.
Very sorry for your loss. Can't imagine.
I can’t imagine the pain you and your family are going through.. condolences
This gives us pain, Lucas. I wish it could lighten yours.
My condolences.
My prayers and condolences to you and your family.
I’m sorry.
Can’t imagine loosing my boy.
Sorry for your loss
very sorry to hear this. prayers for you and your family from Arizona.
Oh Lucas, I’m so sorry to hear this. I can’t imagine the pain. You and your family will be in my prayers.
Mike
I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your son. You and your family are in our hearts and prayers. frown
Lifes ultimate traumatic event. Outliving your children.

Condolences.
A parents worst nightmare. My condolences and I’m sorry for your loss.
I still have a few prayers left in me.
Very unfortunate... sorry for your loss...
My deepest sympathy for you and family.
very sorry to hear this, I will pray for the Lord to send comfort to family and loved ones.
I’m very sorry for your loss. God bless your son and your family.
Prayers on the way. I'm sorry for your loss.
I am so sorry to hear this news. Prayers on the way.
My most sincere condolences to you and your family. I will pray for your relief....
Wow. I can't fathom the sorrow.

Prayers for your family to be comforted & lifted up.

FC
I can’t even imagine....
You have my prayers and condolences.
7mm
I’m so very sorry. Prayers for you and your family.
Very sorry to hear this. Prayers offered up. miles

So sorry for your loss.
So sorry for your loss. Prayers and condolences to you and your family
Sorry for your loss.
Lucas, as a father I simply cannot imagine what you and your wife, your DIL, and your family must be going through. I pray that God,in His infinite wisdom, has His reason for this even though that reason is unknown to you but that one day you will again hold your son. God Bless you all and be strong.

Jeff
I so sorry to hear about this. I've seen it too many times over the years and still have never figured out what to say to someone.

Memory Eternal.
No parent should ever have to carry that loss. So very sorry to hear this.
Originally Posted by Lucas1
At 8:19 this morning I got a call from my daughter in law. She told me my son had an auto accident and he didn't make it. He was 24 years old. His name was John Tyler Lucas. We had many good hunting and fishing trips together. Cherish every minute you have with your son. We never know when it may be the last.

Having lost mine, I know exactly what you are feeling and going through. You and yours have my deepest regards.
I'm very sorry for the loss of your son, it's not right.

My condolences to you and your family.

RIP John Tyler Lucas.
I admire you for being able to cope with this. If I were in your shoes, I honestly don't think I could. Stay strong and remember him forever
So sorry for you loss. We are not supposed to outlive our children, and I cannot begin to imagine the pain you're going through. Prayers sent.
That is crushing! I am so very sorry!! Truly among the worst things I can imagine. Prayers offered.
Prayers for comfort.

George
Rest in Peace John Tyler.
Your loss really hit home to me as my son turns 24 this year......I don't have the words.
Burying ones children is the most horrible thing a person will ever experience. Nothing compares and you are never prepared. Our Victoria passed 26 years ago this past December and I think of her almost daily. Keep your family close.
So sorry for your loss.
There's no words.

So sorry. Prayers sent.
I am so sorry to hear this tragic news. My two sons are my favorite hunting and fishing partners. Can’t imagine what your family is going through.
What an awful tragedy. A parents worst nightmare. You have our thoughts and prayers......

🙏🙏🙏
My prayers and condolences to you and your family.
Damn man very very sorry to hear this you and your family are in the prayers of mine.
I cannot imagine, sincere condolences. Prayers for you and your family
Prayers , rest in peace John Tyler Lucas , heartbreakingly sad .
Lucas, I am so very sorry. I cannot imagine your pain. You and yours have my prayers.
So sorry for your loss, prayers on the way!
There are no words that will lessen this pain. I lost my son 8 years ago, and still think of him everyday. I do know what you are feeling unfortunately. I pray for you and yours to make it through this.
Very sad to hear this. Condolences to you and family, prayers sent.
Sorry for your loss.
Oh no, oh no 😕 No words.
So sorry to hear this,
I’m very sorry, I can’t imagine losing my son. My prayers to you and your family!
This is every parent's worst nightmare, I cannot imagine your sorrow, I can only pray for you and yours.
Thought and prayers to you and your family. I just can’t imagine. Damn
Very sad news, sorry for your loss
Prayers from our family to yours Mr. Lucas. I have two sons the same age, and brings me to tears to hear this. Albert Burns
My sincere condolences to and your family. May God comfort you and your family. Prayers sent.
Condolences Brother! Prayers sent!
Dang, Dang, Dang.... So sorry to hear this...

My sincerest condolences.
This hits like hammer. I am very, very sorry upon hearing of this. Prayers for you and your family, from us in N.C.
RIP
Oh dang, no one should out live there off spring. Horrible news. Bill out, 🐾👣🇨🇦
I’m so sorry for the loss of your son.
Sorry to read about your loss.

Lot of guys and gals thinking of you and your family.

Virgil B.
My heart goes out to you and your family for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
words cannot express . may God be with you and give you peace.
Sorry for you families loss. Hasbeen
I'm so very sorry to read this.
Lucas I am so sorry for your loss.
Sorry for your loss
No parent should have to bury their child. It's just not how it's meant to be.

Lucas1, I am VERY sorry to hear this news. I will certainly include you and your family in my morning prayers.
Prayers sent
OH Man ! I can't imagine .

TOUGH! TOUGH ! !

Hurtin for ya.

Prayers
Lucas1:
I am so sorry to read of this.

As a father I cannot imagine what you are going through sir.

Please accept my condolences, thought and prayers for you and those left behind.

Dwayne
My most sincere condolences.
No words, just may Our Lord be with all in your grief.
So sorry for your loss.
What a dreadful tragedy. Losing a child of any age has to be the worst heartache of any. May the Lord be with you, comfort you and give you strength.
I am so sorry for your loss!
Can't add any words worthier than those already said by others. Prayers for you and your family.
Very sad news. So sorry you and your family are going through this. Prayers on the way.
I'm really sorry to hear that. Prayers and condolences to your family.
I haven't the words, Condolences
Mr Lucas,

I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers sent for you and your familly.
I'm sure everyone here wishes as I do there were words to make it go away. Prayers for you and your family are all we can give, but you've got them. So sorry for your loss.
My sincere condolences.
Heart felt condolences for you and your family .
So sorry. Ed k
Tragic, tragic loss, no words can truly alleviate the pain that you and your entire family are enduring but our thoughts and prayers are with you.

So sorry! My condolences to you and your family.
Wishing I could ease your pain, so very sorry, I can't imagine.
Terrible thing, you and your family have our condolences and prayers...
Keep him in your heart.He will always be with you.My condolences.
So sorry friend...I can’t imagine what your going through. Be strong for your family. Prayers inbound
As the father of two 20-something sons, your post just took my breath away. I am so so sorry for your loss and wish you peace and strength.
Prayers sent
Cannot imagine the pain your family is enduring....wish we could share some of it for you. May he RIP.
Prayers sent from NC .
I'm so sorry to hear this, I can't imagine the pain your in. My condolences, I wish there was something I could do to ease the pain.
My deepest condolences, very sorry for your loss.
My deepest condolences. There can't be much of anything that could be worse.
My families condolences, Sorry for your loss.
Very sorry to hear of the loss of your son.
So sorry for your loss. It's my and every parents worst nightmare.
My sincere condolences on the loss of your son.
Having lost my son the day after his 21st birthday, I understand your pain.
The only thing you can take to Heaven are your children.

Your boy just got there first. He’ll be waiting there for you with open arms when your time comes.

Prayers already sent your way.

Be strong for those in your family that need you now. Rejoice together in the memories that you share of your son.

Life goes on for the living. Don’t let this cripple you, he would not want that.

May God bless you and your family. So sorry for your loss.
What a gut wrenching loss. I can't even begun to imagine what you and your family are enduring. My prayers and thoughts go out to you.
So sorry for your loss, Mr. Lucas.
Sad ...
Gotta be rough losing a child, I hope I dont live to see it or go thru it.
Be wishes for you and your family.
So sorry to hear this. Prayers for you and your family. May God comfort and bring peace.
Kenny
My God, how terrible. My sincerest condolences to you and your family in the loss of your son.
......................Horrible......May God be with you and family.
Words cannot describe what you and your family are going through, may God comfort you at this time. I am terribly sorry for your loss.
Your obvious pain is impossible to imagine. May you and yours find peace.
Tragic beyond comprehension, could not imagine your pain.
Prayers and condolences.
Thats a tough lick. Prayers offered for you and your family.
Sorry for your loss and prayers sent.
I can’t imagine getting that call and pray I never do.

Deepest condolences to you and your family.
Lucas1: I am so saddened by the tragedy that has befallen you.
It hurts me!
Stay strong your family is going to need you.
Thank you for letting us know.
May your son rest in peace.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
So sorry for this tragic loss. Prayers sent.
Condolences. Thats tough. will keep you all in our prayers.
I can t even imagine,so sorry for your loss,prayers sent.
I have no words to offer. But I will offer prayers of peace and strength for the family.
I can't imagine the pain and emptiness, you in our thoughts and prayers.

Sorry for your loss.

You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers...
@Lucas1,

This tears at my heart. I have one son, and he's a little older, and is my #1 hunting partner, and friend.

He (finally) decided to join the Army and become a Combat Medic right before the virus hit.

He worked as a laborer for a while with no health care, and I worried about him everyday until he was accepted at Basic Training.

I've lost a ton of people in my life, including my wife and my son's mom, but I don't know how I would/could deal with the news you received.

I'm praying for your family and his widow.
I’m so sorry to hear this, my deepest condolences to you and your family.

I am so very sorry for your loss . Losing a child is extremely painful.

My sincerest condolences to you and your family.
I am very sorry for your loss.
I can’t get over this, I called all three of my kids today, told them to be careful. Middle child is an intensive care nurse. We are worried sick for her.

Once again, sorry for you and family and friends of his.
Lucas1 - it is so saddening to hear this, and I'm asking God to help you cope with this serious loss - and that you will be able to go forward with the good times and memories as the foremost sustenance through the sorrow. Although impossible to fully know and understand your feelings, our family knows the impact of a mortal threat for a child and sibling, and send our condolences for you and yours.
Lucas1, I am very sorry to hear of your son's death. Prayers and condolences for you and your family.

L.W.
I can't even imagine what you must be going thru now. A parent should not have to bury a child. Thoughts and Prayers are on the way.

G23
I'm sorry, thats nothing you can prepare for.
Very sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers sent for your family.
That's horrible to hear. My condolences sir to everyone involved.
I don't even know what to say, losing a child has to be the worst fate a parent can face. Sincerest condolences to you and your family Mr Lucas.
Can't read anymore. I still have mine at home and this just hurts to dam much. If there is anything I can do, or if someone starts a GoFundMe page, let me know.
Peter
Originally Posted by NVhntr
As others have said, there are no words we can say that will ease the pain of your loss. I wish you and your family the strength to make it through this tragic passage.

Amen. So, very sorry.
So very sorry for you loss.

Prayers for you & your family, for the strength to make it trough this aching time.

Parents are not meant to outlive their children.
I am so sorry for your loss. there are no words to make any of this better , be strong and keep god in your heart . my family will include you and yours in our prayers .
So sorry for your loss. I can't begin to comprehend your pain. My daughter was in an accident which the sheriff figured there were no survivors. She is only 4'11" and was kneeling with her head in the passenger seat asleep when her brother-in-law fell asleep at the wheel. When she woke up she came crawling out of the upside down car through nearly smashed closed window. All she had was a bump on the head. I cried like a woman at a wedding when I found out.

Been there and it never goes away..I hurt every day and it's been 7 years..He would be 47...

It sucks and makes a guy crazy if you don't have a good source of decency and help...It's serious chit..
Prayers for you and your family.
So Sorry.. OMG way to young !! https://www.wlbt.com/2020/04/05/man-dies-overnight-crash-yazoo-co/
wow, very sad to hear this, I'm blessed with 3 kids...I couldn't imagine the pain.
So sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.
I had four sons and losing one was the worst thing that ever happened to me...I even quit drinking for years because I was afraid of what I might do....

Nobody ever can understand unless it has happened to you..It sux big time and never goes away..

I always ask why not me instead..Older than dirt and lived a truly obnoxious life..
Man, what a heart wrenching thing to rea. I am so terrbily sorry for your loss. Words can't describe how you must feel right now. Don't go it alone.
I cannot imagine out living my son. I pray God's peace for you and your family. So sorry for your loss.
there are no words any of us can render to you and your family. I'm truly sorry for your loss.
What a horrible thing to wake up to. Words escape me other than I'm sorry for your loss.

kwg
That is horrible thoughts and prayer to you and yours.
I join all the others here and particularly those who have lost a child to express our condolences.

Our daughter, Dawn, was 6 when she crossed the road and was hit by a pickup and died. The grief is indescribable and devastating, absolutely devastating. My heart breaks for you and your family. So sorry.

Some choose to grieve alone and some like or need to talk. If you would like to talk PM your phone number and I would be honored to call you back.

Best to you
Jim
My deepest sympathy and prayers.
Well-said. Sorry for your loss man.
Prayers up Pard
I am truly saddened to read this. When the time is right seek outside help dealing with this loss. Don't go it alone.

May God grant you strength an peace my friend.
Originally Posted by Rug3
I join all the others here and particularly those who have lost a child to express our condolences.

Our daughter, Dawn, was 6 when she crossed the road and was hit by a pickup and died. The grief is indescribable and devastating, absolutely devastating. My heart breaks for you and your family. So sorry.

Some choose to grieve alone and some like or need to talk. If you would like to talk PM your phone number and I would be honored to call you back.

Best to you
Jim

That's cool but...As you know when one of your own bites the dust for whatever the reason...

Nothing helps...Period...

Some think they deal with it but deep down in...Sooner or later it will be back..

If it ever goes away..Something ain't right...
I am so sorry to read this, my heartfelt condolences...
I saw this when I opened the fire this morning but I didn’t have the words....I still don’t. It’s been on my mind all day as I struggled to come up with the words and yet anything I say sounds anemic in the face of such loss.

All I can say is I’ve kept you and your family in my prayers and ask God to bring you comfort in this darkness. I watched my parents deal with the loss of my younger brother and it’s my belief that were it not for their faith the darkness would never have lifted. I pray that your faith carries you through this and the love of family and of strangers you’ve never met shines brighter than ever. If I can be of any help at all please let me know....
So sorry for your loss. Gods peace to you and your family.
Prayers sent for all of yall, its a great reason to tell the ones ya love how much ya mean it. I called mine today just to let him know.
Prayers and condolences to you and your family
So sorry, just, so, so sorry.

Prayers from Colorado from me and Mrs. Duck.
I am just now getting to read all of these and I appreciate each and every one. He was a fine young man, a good husband and a great father to a little girl that is a year and a half old. We know that God is with us and will help us through this.
Very sorry to see this news. Sending prayers for all of you.
So sorry for your loss

So very sad to hear of this! Always remember and cherish those times you had together......many parents can only dream of having a relationship with their children such as this! You, Your Family and Friends are in our Prayers! memtb
I'm so sorry. Our heartfelt condolences.
Mr. Lucas,

I have no words that can give you any comfort, I truly wish I did. I can tell you is that there are lots of folks on here praying for you and your family and mourning with you. Hold tightly to your family and take it one minute, one hour and one day at a time.
This is such a sad post. I was stunned when I read it. May God give you comfort in the following days!
Damn. Just damn.
I am just now getting to read all of these and I appreciate each and every one. He was a fine young man, a good husband and a great father to a little girl that is a year and a half old. We know that God is with us and will help us through this.

Just get through the first year, every family birthday and holiday will be hard... just get through the first year.

Kent
Condolences....damn...
Prayers for you and your entire family.
I have no words that can take away your pain. But knowing the memories of the hunts and times with my son, those memories you have with your son will help to comfort you.

I’m sure John Tyler is in God’s glorious embrace today. Prayers for you and your family.
Prayers for you and your family
CT
© 24hourcampfire