Home
I'm not overdue yet, but the barbershops are closed here in Ohio.

Angus bought himself his own clippers.

What are y'all doing about getting a haircut?
Getting a little woolly here myself.
I bought a Creed a few weeks ago, so I'm just going to let mine grow until I can put it up in a man bun.
Getting close. I have thick wiry hair. I keep mine short. It doesn't take long for it to get out of control. I have been thinking about ordering a set of clippers and letting my wife experiment.
My son has a fancy electric gizmo so my wife is going to cut it today. I'm over 60 and married so who cares. Besides, it will grow back!
I bought a set of clippers several years ago and have been giving myself a buzz cut.
You will probably have to have someone take some scissors to your head and it won't look the greatest.
But you can take some solace in the fact that you will be one of many with a bad hair cut.
My Barber, who I tip generously, is cutting hair at his house for his good friends and customers, he is cutting hair for free but has a tip jar by the door.
Originally Posted by Happy_Prospector
My Barber, who I tip generously, is cutting hair at his house for his good friends and customers, he is cutting hair for free but has a tip jar by the door.

Why doesn't he just open up his shop?
If someone gives him the Corona Virus, he can pass it along just as well in either location.

What a guy !

I like reading things like this.
Gonna have to do something soon.
Originally Posted by Mike_S
Getting a little woolly here myself.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
My son has a fancy electric gizmo so my wife is going to cut it today. I'm over 60 and married so who cares. Besides, it will grow back!

Originally Posted by shaman
I'm not overdue yet, but the barbershops are closed here in Ohio.

Angus bought himself his own clippers.

What are y'all doing about getting a haircut?

Wahl clippers and double edged safety razor to get down to skin. Merkur 34 razor and astra platinum blades ftw.
My wife cut mine Saturday. It took longer than a cut at the barber, but looks a bit better.

Irish democracy is alive and well.
Getting kind of shaggy, if it gets any longer i'll have to put it a pony tail and buy another.270.
I've been cutting my own hair for over 20 years now. It's not that hard. The clippers come with different heads so you can have shorter hair on the sides than on the top. I also have a trimmer for the back of my neck which my wife cuts for me. I have it 3/4" on the sides and back and 1" on top. The funny part was that my barber who was about to retire, taught me how to do it. It is very easy and looks good.

You can get everything you need from Amazon for under $50. Now is the perfect time to try it.
A couple of days before the state shut all hair salons down, I went in for a haircut. I had him cut it a bit shorter than usual. That was 10 days ago. I'm good for a month, probably.
Ordering a set of clippers. I keep it short and I feel like I have an Afro after 3 weeks. For what I do I should be cutting my own anyway.
The Rockette is a license hair stylist. She keeps me in fine trim.
Originally Posted by jorgeI

My philosophy as well. But I will not go close to the Dowager Empress with anything sharp in her hands.
Got lucky....... My last haircut was less than a week before the barbers got shut down. Besides; I also have less hair than 20-30 years ago so whats left is easier to manage.
Male pattern baldness is slowly working away at it.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
My wife cut my hair, what there is of it.
Get one 3 times a year whether I need one or not. Really WGAF for the $ 20 bucks it cost I can buy a box of bullets. You need more guns so you won"t be so bored. MB
clippers at home, like usual.
My wife cuts mine. I need it.

Back in the mid eighties, to in in styles as an Iowa farmer, you had to be broke.

Maybe the style now is to be shaggy for Trump? laugh
Bought Wahl clippers about ten years ago.

Just "mowed" off my hair a few days ago, and usually do it every 3-4 weeks.

Usually mow off everything I can see and feel, then have the Wife check to see if I missed anything.

Haven't been to a barber shop in a LOT of years.

Virgil B.
Cut all but the back myself. My wife cut the back. I was already getting it cut short so not it's just a bit shorter.
My youngest daughter is my regular barber. When she was 11 years old, I was watching her getting her horse ready for a show, and she was driving clippers around like a pro. I figured if she could make a horse look good, my hair couldn't be any more difficult. So, I ordered a set of clippers (I didn't want to share with the horses), and she's been taking care of dear old dad ever since! It's great!
My neighbor is a Marine. I mentioned the other day that this has got to be tough on the Marines. He said his wife just bought some clippers.
I've been cutting my own for twenty years.In fact just yesterday I set my clippers on the shortest setting and let her rip.Andis clippers like the barber shops use are well worth the money.
My daughter is a hair stylist for the wimmens, but hasn't really cut hair on men. She is currently living with us, so I got her to cut it the other day. I thought she did pretty good, but she didn't agree. Personally, I don't really give a schit, I just need it gone.
Wife cuts mine and has for years....
I'm starting to look like a 63 year old hippie.
I called it yesterday and asked my wife to cut mine.

Prior to this she’d cut only children’s hair but she did an all right job. If this thing drags out she will get good enough to be my regular barber.
I see a man bun in my future.
Supposed to get my monthly buzz cut today. I guess I will have a ponytail by the time I go back to work.
Let it grow- - - - - -I don't have to look at it, and I DGAF what anybody else thinks about my looks. If you don't like it, look the other way!
Jerry
Originally Posted by baldhunter
I've been cutting my own for twenty years.In fact just yesterday I set my clippers on the shortest setting and let her rip.Andis clippers like the barber shops use are well worth the money.

Exactly what I've done for 20+ years.
I’ve been a Wahl man for about 25 years.
My wife made a run at it a few days ago. Works for me.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
My wife has been doing mine for more than 10 years now. It depends on how much she likes you and whether she is mad at you or not. Don't let her do it if she is in bad mood. Results can vary

what hair I have left......

wife gives me a trim......

clippers have more than paid for them selves over the years
I got a haircut week before last so I’ll be ok for a couple more weeks. Don’t forget the stray nose and ear hairs. 😮

these......nose & ear hair trimmers are the boss......

best $10-15 a guy can spend !

[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]
Been cutting my own for about 5 years. But I’m so thin up top that just give the whole head a #1 or #0.
Between getting old and chemo I lost a lot of hair a few years back but still have enough to look pretty scraggly if it's not cut. I got some clippers and my wife's been cutting mine for about 15 years. I get a buzz cut about every three or four weeks. Doesn't take much skill to cut and takes about five minutes. Clippers aren't that expensive. So far Wahl seems to be a good brand that stays sharp and cuts clean.
I’m gonna have to get a buzz before long. I like mine short, but it’s been a month.
Same as the past 25 years. Set of Wahl clippers. No spacer. Metal on skin. Peel it back to front. Then front to back. A little extra buzz around the ears. Done. Sweep up and take a shower. On my third set of $15 clippers. I think I'm getting my money's worth...
Doing it myself, as I have done for years !

© 24hourcampfire