Home
Posted By: achadwick Furlough - 04/06/20
I’m furloughed this week. My employer insists that I leave my work computer and work telephone turned off all week on pain of termination. So I’m working on my flower beds and will probably go shooting before the weather turns bad later this week.

Who else is furloughed and for how long?
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Furlough - 04/06/20
I'm starting my 3rd week. I'm trying to keep busy, but I hope this crap is over quickly so I can get back to work.
Posted By: hanco Re: Furlough - 04/06/20
We are working 3 days a week, but getting paid for 40. I’m lucky, hope this crap is over soon for everyone’s sake.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Furlough - 04/06/20
We’re going on third week of working from home. On the bright side of that, we’re fortunate to be in a position where we can do so and keep the revenue stream flowing. Thi has got to be tough for those who can’t work now and who live paycheck to paycheck.
Posted By: Teal Re: Furlough - 04/06/20
Week 4 of working from home starts today for me.

I hate working from home.
Posted By: Deans Re: Furlough - 04/06/20
We just started with the furlough thing. As of now it is just two days/month for at least three months. Today is my first day next Monday will be the second. This sucks when you are on commission and have to sell so much before any commission is paid. But I still have a job.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Furlough - 04/06/20
Week 4 working from home. The dog sure likes it when I'm home all day.
Posted By: DaddyRat Re: Furlough - 04/06/20
Starting week 3 working from home. I don’t really like it.
Posted By: achadwick Re: Furlough - 04/06/20
I work for a Fortune 100 company with over 130,000 employees world-wide and all employees will be furloughed for 2 weeks in the second quarter where legal. The first week started today. We will be furloughed for another week in May.

I've been working from home for more than 10 years, and really like it, but I can't work this week and I'm not getting paid. Things could be much worse, since I still have a job.
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Furlough - 04/06/20
Furloughed?

Around here it's called laid off
Posted By: 19352012 Re: Furlough - 04/06/20
I get furloughed next week for at least 2 but maybe 3 weeks. I'm taking vacation so my pay is the same. I have a pt job so I increased my hours there to reduce the boredom.
Posted By: Ejp1234 Re: Furlough - 04/06/20
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Furloughed?

Theres a difference....

One you remained employed w/ bene’s but no pay.

One your unemployed entirely.
Posted By: deadlift_dude Re: Furlough - 04/06/20
Remember who implemented this "cure worse than the disease" and those who were cheerleaders when you look at your reduced (or nonexistent) paychecks.

Because their dumb @zzes will be at it again the next time MSM and interested parties whip up a panic. Probably best to use techniques that are effective at house training a dog.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Furlough - 04/06/20
Macy’s has 130,000 employees, they’re furloughing.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Furlough - 04/06/20
Retired here, but sure hate to see all the unemployed. Our son has a plant related business and he is really getting hammered. No it’s not the plant some people smoke.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Furlough - 04/06/20
This wed will be week 3 fot me
Posted By: dassa Re: Furlough - 04/06/20
Not me. Leaving soon to put in another 90+ hour week.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Furlough - 04/06/20
Originally Posted by hanco
We are working 3 days a week, but getting paid for 40. I’m lucky, hope this crap is over soon for everyone’s sake.

Getting paid for 37 extra days a week while working 3? That's a hell of a gang time! smile
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Furloughed?

Theres a difference....

One you remained employed w/ bene’s but no pay.

One your unemployed entirely.

On a furlough you typically know when it's going to end "Furloughed till May 1" for instance. Laid off is "We don't know when you'll be called back. Maybe" vs "Let go - which is you're not coming back at all"

IME
Posted By: WV_Airedale Re: Furlough - 04/06/20
Third week working from home. I do get to go to Baltimore tomorrow and Wednesday for a structure inspection though.
Posted By: montanabadger Re: Furlough - 04/06/20
I traveled to the cancer institute in salt lake city last week for my appointment, and when I returned I found myself quarantined from work for 14 days. I guess I'll get caught up on the yard work, handloading, and maybe fishing.
Posted By: chesterwy Re: Furlough - 04/06/20
Been on a partial furlough for a month now. Work Monday, Wednesday, and Friday one week. Tuesday and Thursday the next.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Furlough - 04/06/20
we were doing well under the conditions, however what we didn't anticipate is the number of customers we have under long term contract asking for relief.

That could lead to some pain in the next month
Posted By: Blackheart Re: Furlough - 04/06/20
I've been laid off for 3 weeks. Still haven't been able to get signed up for unemployment because the system is overloaded. Wife is laid off too so we have nothing coming in. I sure feel bad for you who are retired or working from home.
Posted By: chas05 Re: Furlough - 04/06/20
Thoughts and prayers

Charlie
Posted By: WeimsnKs Re: Furlough - 04/06/20
Dang, I haven’t missed a day of work since I got out of the AF in 1993. I hope I get furloughed. I need to rest up before retirement in two years. Kinda nice not worrying about a house payment or truck payment or ..........
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Furlough - 04/06/20
Third week at home starting today. But as I have been a dedicated and faithful employee of the same company for forty years. I have 30 weeks of accrued sick leave (28 weeks now) and if this thing were to last that long, another 40 plus weeks of accrued vacation. So it is not hitting us financially.

The rest of my coworkers of less advanced age and not suffering COPD are working 72 hour weeks in an attempt to keep groceries on the shelves of your local markets. So, I guess, I am missing out on 32 hours/week of time and a half pay.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Furlough - 04/06/20
I am retired. Does that count?
I work in transportation - read below and think this through. People have claimed that some people who are saying we're overreacting are just wrong. Some might say that they realize loss of life is bad but also that the % of loss of life compared to those infected - isn't catastrophic compared to how catastrophic the quarantine is on EVERYONE - infected or not.

In a special report and survey on small business from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, nearly one in four
small businesses (24%) say they are at risk of permanently closing if the shutdown continues for two
more months. More than one in 10 (11%) small businesses note that they will not be able to last one
more month. And finally, 43% say they have less than six months before they will have to permanently
close. Twenty-four percent of small businesses are already temporarily shut down due to COVID-19,
while another 40% report it is likely that they will do so in the next two weeks. This means that a total of
54% of small businesses will be temporarily closed and not moving freight within two weeks.
Posted By: slowmover12 Re: Furlough - 04/06/20
I don’t really see the country staying shut down beyond a few more weeks unless the number of deaths dramatically increases. If we’re not seeing 10,000– 15,000 dead per day, people will start moving around again. By the end of April, parts of the country will reopen if the numbers of deaths remain relatively low. The longer the shutdown goes, the more time to find drugs to use against the virus so the chance of death will decrease. If the hydroxy proves useful as a prophylactic, it will get widespread usage in a hurry despite Dr Fauci saying it’s not proven.

Too much of the hysteria is media driven. Yes there is a serious problem but why allow the media to fuel the problem?
© 24hourcampfire