Home
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Costa Del Mar - 04/06/20
Wanted to give a shout out to Costa Del Mar, been wearing a pair of the Fisch FS 10 with the 580 glass lens and they are incredible sunglasses. I broke the left arm on them this past weekend so I was looking at getting it replaced with a new one, figured i'd pay whatever to get it fixed since I've had them for well over 6 years now and they did replace the lens' a few years ago for $80. Filled out the form online and submitted it for repair, got a reply back this morning from them and they are sending me a new pair on their dime. I didn't have the receipt or even know the purchase date but they didn't even ask for it after I submitted my repair order.

Just wanted to share that and if you're looking for some good glass, give Costa Del Mar some consideration as they are worth every penny.
Posted By: g5m Re: Costa Del Mar - 04/06/20
Good to know.
Posted By: Calvin Re: Costa Del Mar - 04/06/20
Nice. I have a pair to send in.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Costa Del Mar - 04/06/20
Right there son, it’s a world that only a few of us share.

580 glass

[url=https://postimg.cc/4YHDZXzW][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Costa Del Mar - 04/06/20
i've sent a few back for repairs, have two of the high ends ones i broke the lens in, i'm fixing to send them to get fixed..
have their number saved on my ph. i'm hard on sunglasses.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Costa Del Mar - 04/06/20
The last pair I had went overboard when I went to harpoon a halibut, I had a “glasses keeper” hooked to them but unbeknownst to me one side came undone 😁

Every expensive pair of sunglasses I have owned get lost overboard or some other calamity strikes that separates me from my stylish sunglasses. Every cheap pair I own never gets lost. I could go out to the trucks and find at least 3 old pairs in the consoles, some are 15 years old or better.

If I do break down and get another good pair I’ll keep in mind that Costa Del Mar stands behind their products and has excellent customer service. 👍

Thanks for the heads up.
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Costa Del Mar - 04/06/20
Originally Posted by stxhunter
i've sent a few back for repairs, have two of the high ends ones i broke the lens in, i'm fixing to send them to get fixed..
Let us know how it goes Roger.
they have always been good, getting them back to me quick looking like new. alot cheaper than paying 280 for a pair. my eye dr buddy use to order them for me at cost which was 120.
Posted By: wyattd Re: Costa Del Mar - 04/06/20
Love my CDM's. Is there a better warranty out there?
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Costa Del Mar - 04/06/20
I wear Costa sunglasses and have a few different pairs depending on what I'm doing or fishing for. Costa frames are guaranteed forever, free replacement. And most of the time the lenses are warranted unless they break or are scratch up bad. If you have Costa sunglasses call them and see what they can do to help you out. Their customer service is second to none.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Costa Del Mar - 04/06/20
And tell them slumlord said to send you some Costa stickers for your Yeti
Posted By: Windfall Re: Costa Del Mar - 04/06/20
Like almost taking unfair advantage of the fish with those 580G's on. Way too many different models though to try to buy online. I thought I wanted a Blackfin or Cape or Fisch or Tuna Alley. Nope the Permit with the copper lens was the be all end all. The blue mirror is all the rage right now, but they were designed for open ocean and offshore fishing. I was going to do a road trip to Daytona where they make them, but they don't even have a customer showroom factory outlet. Bass Pro in Orlando had a great selection of different styles, just not the frame and lens color that I wanted all in one package. They did have a shallow pool out front that helped me narrow down the copper lenses over the copper silver mirror for fresh water. Then an order from the factory gets it done. Reading online I have read that their repair service is kind of costly, but that doesn't seem to jive with the OP.
Posted By: OrangeDiablo Re: Costa Del Mar - 04/06/20
I've got a few pairs of the 580G Costas, other than being a little heavier than most shades, they are all awesome. The only thing I found that are as clear, if not clearer are Maui Jim
just got offline with them sending my hammerheads and permits in for new lenses.
Posted By: logger Re: Costa Del Mar - 04/06/20
Have any of you Costa owners had issues with the synthetic rubber on the frames coming off? Seems to be an ongoing issues. I plan to get a pair in a few months, and the issue I mentioned is one that keeps coming up in their reviews.
yes on my permits that i'm sending in, they will take care of that.
Posted By: Northerner Re: Costa Del Mar - 04/06/20
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Wanted to give a shout out to Costa Del Mar, been wearing a pair of the Fisch FS 10 with the 580 glass lens and they are incredible sunglasses. I broke the left arm on them this past weekend so I was looking at getting it replaced with a new one, figured i'd pay whatever to get it fixed since I've had them for well over 6 years now and they did replace the lens' a few years ago for $80. Filled out the form online and submitted it for repair, got a reply back this morning from them and they are sending me a new pair on their dime. I didn't have the receipt or even know the purchase date but they didn't even ask for it after I submitted my repair order.

Just wanted to share that and if you're looking for some good glass, give Costa Del Mar some consideration as they are worth every penny.

Yep! Costas are awesome, and their customer service is second to none. Got a par of harpoons and a pair of brines
Posted By: AkMtnHntr Re: Costa Del Mar - 04/06/20
Originally Posted by logger
Have any of you Costa owners had issues with the synthetic rubber on the frames coming off? Seems to be an ongoing issues. I plan to get a pair in a few months, and the issue I mentioned is one that keeps coming up in their reviews.
That's where mine broke but the rubber was intact, it was the thin nylon frame piece that broke right where the bend starts on the left arm. Been wearing these for over 6 years and have had no issue with the rubber framed Fisch FS 10's.
Posted By: rjf611 Re: Costa Del Mar - 04/06/20
Have owned nothing but Costa’s for the last 15 years. 580 glass and customer service is phenomenal. Hopefully I never have to look anywhere else.
Posted By: sse Re: Costa Del Mar - 04/06/20
i'm afraid i'll drop then in the current and watch the $$ disappear
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Costa Del Mar - 04/06/20
Well run family operation that cares about their customers. I have 580's as well, best sunglasses I have ever owned.
Posted By: RickBin Re: Costa Del Mar - 04/06/20
Thanks for the reminder. Just filled out a warranty request for a second pair of Tuna Alleys that had the rubber nosepiece come unglued. Last time they sent me a brand new pair with an updated frame.

Just had a prescription set of Fisch's made at SportRx (https://www.sportrx.com/ - place is awesome CS), and I do believe Fisch's will be replacing Tuna Alleys for me from now on. Those Fisch's may be the best all around sunglasses I have ever owned. (Single vision, Trivex lenses, Sunrise yellow mirror on Tortoise). I will use them shooting and flyfishing. No glass for me in either of those applications.

I guess I'll see how they deal with this, but, based upon prior experience, they will keep my business. I have quite a few Costas.
Posted By: ribka Re: Costa Del Mar - 04/06/20
Originally Posted by logger

that's been an issue with a few pairs of my costas. Sent in for repair
© 24hourcampfire