Home
Posted By: KFWA The weather is finally right - 04/06/20
I'm trying to stay positive in all this

Keeping my dogs busy with 2 walks a day. Finally the weather is right so over the weekend, my wife and I got my workshop organized. I moved my laptop out there today and worked my job while I did odds and ends.

No surprise to anyone, but I'm 10X more productive with an organized and clean workshop. Fixed an Air Conditioner, put a new carburetor on my weedeater and backpack leaf blower. (at $14 a pop, I'd rather do that than spend an afternoon mucking with them)

Gonna drag the 4 wheeler projects in by the end of the week and get started on them finally. Watching car restorer shows at night has motivated me to grab a wrench.

I hate to try to see a silver lining in all this but not being able to go anywhere, all I do is sit around and look at projects I have put off - and now I get started on them.

I just wish I could go spend a couple of hours at Home Depot to get the stuff I need. I mean I can I guess but I'm not doing it for at least 2 weeks.
Posted By: hanco Re: The weather is finally right - 04/06/20
I’m getting some crap done too. It’s kinda nice.
It is supposed to snow and blow in the mountains tomorrow so I will get at least one more cold weather hike this year. My most productive effort will be heating up some soup on my packstove. It will hit 80* this weekend and summer is looming. I am grateful to live near a mountain range. [Spring Mountains]

mike r
We're working 60hrs a week trying to keep up. Clients won't come on the job when we're there, which is pretty nice. Doing 2 large projects that the owners are hiding at summer homes in the mountains. Call and ask questions and all I get is a " who [bleep] cares,do what you want. I'm hiding til this [bleep] over"
I should go change the furnace filter...

Maybe tomorrow.
Posted By: EdM Re: The weather is finally right - 04/07/20
We are a bit ahead on rain to date which is good.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I should go change the furnace filter...

Maybe tomorrow.

Buddy does farm fences. He's worried because he heard some tiger has the corona, now he think cows could get it and spread it to him. Not sure if that level of stupidity and paranoia rises to the level of a Netflix movie or just a dedicated thread on the campfire.
Tell your buddy: "When the cow backs up to the stump, just walk away."

Then he won't catch the 'Rona.
Posted By: KFWA Re: The weather is finally right - 04/07/20
I also found six 10mm sockets

still missing five
got a carpet job tomorrow, after that don't know when i get another job. will run offshore Wens or Thurs.
Originally Posted by KFWA
I also found six 10mm sockets

still missing five

Are you missing the good ones or the crappy ones?

I was surprised at the size difference between the two....
© 24hourcampfire