Home
Posted By: sandcritter What does it mean? - 04/08/20
Waiting for dogs to do their business this AM at dawn, see a brown and white oblong thing falling from about 3ft to ground, bounce off the ground about 10yds away. Bored waiting, i stroll over. It’s a cold stiff field mouse.

Surely, he fell out of a tree or an unseen bird dropped him. But this is no time for logic. Tell me your conspiracy.

I’m going with the corona got ‘em, thereby fulfilling some Biblical prophesy.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: What does it mean? - 04/08/20
.gov drones are snatching field mice for scientific studies. Read it on the interwebs.

His tree top, mouse-wifey showed him a You Tube of Wuhan wet markets?
Posted By: Hawk_Driver Re: What does it mean? - 04/08/20
Time to put out rat/mouse poison/traps
Posted By: las Re: What does it mean? - 04/08/20
He wanted to grow up to be a flying squirrel.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: What does it mean? - 04/08/20
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver

Thinking someone already did. Hence....his demise!
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: What does it mean? - 04/08/20
A friend was shed hunting yesterday and heard something cracking branches above his head. He looks up and sees a gray squirrel tumbling down. It hits the ground with a thud, twitches for 30 seconds and lies still, deader than a door nail.

WTF??

I saw a gray squirrel fall out of a tree one time when it jumped for a limb. It hit the ground and ran off no worse for wear!
Posted By: jaguartx Re: What does it mean? - 04/08/20
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver

Sounds like the next door neighbor already did.
Posted By: sandcritter Re: What does it mean? - 04/08/20
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
A friend was shed hunting yesterday and heard something cracking branches above his head. He looks up and sees a gray squirrel tumbling down. It hits the ground with a thud, twitches for 30 seconds and lies still, deader than a door nail.

WTF??

I saw a gray squirrel fall out of a tree one time when it jumped for a limb. It hit the ground and ran off no worse for wear!

NY, right? Obviously a hit. Got too close to the acorn racket. Shoulda got into walnuts; less competition.

WTF??

Yep, I've seen cat squirrels haul ass and bail out from 30 ft high, spread out legs and tail to coast a bit and hit the ground hauling ass to get away to a den tree with holes. They often make a challenging target even for a shotgun running through switchcane, dead limbs, over logs....
Owl.
Originally Posted by sandcritter

WTF??

NY, right? Obviously a hit. Got too close to the acorn racket. Shoulda got into walnuts; less competition.

No. The last of the last nut crop is buried or rotten. They are still digging up the ones they planted last winter. Other than those, it's buds on tree limbs now. grin
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: What does it mean? - 04/08/20
Little Bunny Foo-Foo is obviously involved.

P
Posted By: rong Re: What does it mean? - 04/08/20
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Owl.

My first thought
Posted By: hanco Re: What does it mean? - 04/08/20
Trump did it!
Posted By: persiandog Re: What does it mean? - 04/08/20
mouse was already dead on the ground and nothing to do with "white oblong thing falling from about 3ft to ground" , go back and search again.
© 24hourcampfire