Home
I mentioned this a few days ago....

Our daughter, Arielle, a final year nursing student in Boston. She has no need to step into the dragon's den and subject herself to this for the pay they offer, but that is not how she sees it.

But she stepped up to help any way she can (CNA role, as she is not a registered RN yet) at a Boston area hotel, which is now hosting COVID homeless patients.

This picture was from this morning, her first shift....

[Linked Image]

She just called us after her 12 hour shift, haggard, and with a tired voice, but in good spirits. She is a trooper. She is a bit shell shocked from the reality - a number of homeless were ferried off to trauma centers during her shift.

She is an angel in our eyes. It was an emotional conversation tonight. Mama and I are worried about our baby.

Bless her. She's an angel.
She looks well equiped for "battle" in that pic.

Tell her many are praying for her health and safety.
GOD bless her and GOD bless you guys for raising such a fine young woman. People helping people is the only way forward. You guys should be proud...i hope I’m as a good a parent as you guys.
You have much to be proud of Duck, Momma and you done damn good.

Tell her thanks for me please.
Dang! be careful and stay healthy young Lady.
Good on her, thats a very selfless act on her part, looks like you and your wife raised a great young lady!
Into the fray...
God love her and God bless her.
A trooper indeed!!!! We pray for our two one is an RN in Temple Tx and another a RT in Austin. Caitlin is dealing with covids daily. Prayers for the many many brave souls bearing these responsibilities....
Truly an Angel.
Originally Posted by gunner500

My thoughts as well.
Kudos Arielle!

Geno
Good for her! You should be proud.
Originally Posted by antlers
Into the fray...
God love her and God bless her.

Amen.
Originally Posted by okie
A trooper indeed!!!! We pray for our two one is an RN in Temple Tx and another a RT in Austin. Caitlin is dealing with covids daily. Prayers for the many many brave souls bearing these responsibilities....

May God be with and protect them.
My Sister-In-Law is a RN in New Bedford University Hospital in New York. She calls us and kind of says... its like going to war. She was a combat nurse in Fallujah so she has the right frame of reference. We support her any way that we can. Her work environment carries such high viral loads that she takes off all of her clothes before she enters her house and gives the neighbors a show. She is the person I want bedside if I am ever fighting to stay alive.
That head cover would be all the rage in an Arab country. :^)
My wife was a nurse. They are a different breed than most of us. God bless your daughter. Ed k
My son's girlfriend is in the same situation, not done with nursing school but drafted and put on the "front lines." God bless and keep them. They're making a lot of sacrifices, like isolating themselves and staying away from loved ones. I sure hope their employers remember that and treat them right when this is over.
My wife and I appreciate the kind thoughts, friends. Thanks for the well wishes for our daughter.

Tonight was already a tough night, but damn, more bad news.

I just learned that our close friends in Nebraska lost a family acquaintance to COVID.

https://www.gjsentinel.com/news/wes...a675aee-79c1-11ea-a92c-93532f15d88a.html

Prayers please.
OMG. He was a 21 year old white college athlete.
Bless them, may God keep them safe.
Prayers for her safety. Ya’ done good Dad!
Originally Posted by jk16
She looks well equiped for "battle" in that pic.

Tell her many are praying for her health and safety.
This
Duck911, your daughter is a trooper and will do awesome. People in public service are called to risk themselves to offer others a fighting chance at something better. We know we should stay home And stay safe but our hearts won’t let us so we lace up our boots and trudge head first into hell. Come home, shower and prepare to do it all again tomorrow.

Your family’s fears are well understood and very valid, my family could tell you stories. I’m on an ambulance, my wife works at a hospital and we have a 4 yo son so we hear our family’s worries constantly but they understand we can’t quit.
Be proud of her man!!! cool
Mine says seahawks stadium is hard at times. But they are dealing with it and they are supposedly on the backside of their curve out their.

Fugging chinese need ta pay a hard price for this B.S.!!!
Good luck to your daughter.
Thank her for us! My baby girl is an intensive care nurse. They have about 20 patients in the hospital where she works.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]picture uploading website
^^^^
Thumbs up for your daughter also Hanco!!!

Fugging chinese need ta pay a hard price for this B.S.!!!!
May God bless and keep her. My daughter's been in the thick of it up in Providence, RI. She's an RN
Prayers lifted for your daughter. I have a daughter, a son, and a grand daughter, all on the front line. Stirs up the damned "allergies" whenever I think about it...
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Prayers lifted for your daughter. I have a daughter, a son, and a grand daughter, all on the front line. Stirs up the damned "allergies" whenever I think about it...

Mine too!
I am in the same boat. My daughter is an ICU nurse at the Omaha VA hospital. Haven't seen her for a few weeks now as she is keeping her distance because the wife and I have conditions that aren't good right now. Wife diabetes and myself weight and blood pressure. She was freaking out a bit a few weeks back as the VA hospital here became the regional care location for the upper Midwest and they converted the ICU to the COVID 19 wing. The idea is if someone got it in the upper Midwest, they would get transferred to Omaha. The VA is affiliated with UNMC, the ones who treated some of the Ebola patients back in the Obama years. Guess they figure we can do miracles here.
Yes, may God Bless her, and all the others like her. Not all angles have wings.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by gunner500

My thoughts as well.

Amen!
My hat is off to your daughter. Good to see that there are actually people in the next generation ready and willing to carry the load of this country.
Originally Posted by jdunham
My hat is off to your daughter. Good to see that there are actually people in the next generation ready and willing to carry the load of this country.

I could not agree more. Hasbeen
God bless her and keep her safe
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Originally Posted by jdunham

I could not agree more. Hasbeen

Yep. May God bless her and keep her safe.
praying for her safety and thanking her for her bravery...
Thanks Arielle and all those who take care of us
Good for her! Scary places right now.
Originally Posted by jorgeI
May God bless and keep her. My daughter's been in the thick of it up in Providence, RI. She's an RN

Mine is in Baton Rouge. 12 hour shifts, 7 day week. She did tell me that things where she is appear to be leveling off a bit.

Prayers for all serving on the front lines.

Louisiana is leasing hotel rooms in New Orleans for the overflow of patients according to this morning’s paper and tv news.
You did a good job raising her sir.

May God bless your daughter and watch over her as she shares her talents with those less fortunate than herself.
A personal thanks out to your daughter -- get her a Superwoman shirt! Scary times as others have said --- tell her to slow everything down and be safe.

Also a big thanks to all the other front line staff working through this.

We have 3 RN.s in our family all work full time. Plus one works other shifts at a different hospital.

All have small children at home. We hope they are all safe.
HEROES!!!!!!!!!!!
Duck an Angel is not even a start/I call them heros, and she is in there. Ill say a prayer for her and all he co workers doing what most would not.
Yep. Tell them all America says Thank You!
Tell your girl to get herself one of these....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
© 24hourcampfire