Home
Posted By: CowboyTim Easter Dinner.. - 04/12/20
What's on the menu tonight?

I'm making glazed ham with corn/cheesy grits casserole, mashed potatoes and red eye gravy.

The kids are baking a white cake with butter cream frosting, we'll have that and ice cream for desert.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Easter Dinner.. - 04/12/20
Rabbit
Posted By: rong Re: Easter Dinner.. - 04/12/20
We are doing steaks,green beans ,baked taters,and some kind of lemon cake for finisher.
Posted By: antelope_sniper Re: Easter Dinner.. - 04/12/20
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Rabbit

Same here.

Daughters pan seared it in a Colorado Sauvignon blanc.
Posted By: gritsnfishin1 Re: Easter Dinner.. - 04/12/20
We had pot roast, with Mediterranean carrots and green beans.
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: Easter Dinner.. - 04/12/20
Kabobs, green beans and scallop potatoes.
Posted By: exbiologist Re: Easter Dinner.. - 04/12/20
Leg of lamb rubbed with an olive oil/rosemary/thyme/lemon zest and juice/garlic mixture, over taters, onions and carrots
Posted By: exbiologist Re: Easter Dinner.. - 04/12/20
[Linked Image from i392.photobucket.com]
Posted By: hillestadj Re: Easter Dinner.. - 04/12/20
Porterhouse with mushrooms, potatoes, brussel sprouts w/ bacon and balsamic glaze. Plenty of blue smoothies and deviled eggs for the appetizer.
Posted By: Bry Re: Easter Dinner.. - 04/12/20
Marinated thick cut pork chops on the grill, baked potatoes, homemade rolls, carrots and a bunch of pickled options with homemade cheesecake for dessert.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Easter Dinner.. - 04/12/20
Burgers and hotdogs on the grill, had 20 people here mostly kids.
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Easter Dinner.. - 04/12/20
Country ham, sweet potatoes, stuffing balls, green bean casserole, corn, rolls, and bunny cake. Great feast!!!
Posted By: mrfudd Re: Easter Dinner.. - 04/12/20
Ham, green beans, corn on the cob, strawberry pie, Mac & cheese
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: Easter Dinner.. - 04/12/20
Grilled leg of lamb, smashed rutabagas and roasted asparagus.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Easter Dinner.. - 04/12/20
Cauliflower pizza crust topped w/ tomato sauce, sausage, onions and artichoke hearts. Enjoying a very tall G &T as a post workout recovery drink. Life is good in the desert.

Happy easter to all.

mike r
Posted By: Speedgoat3006 Re: Easter Dinner.. - 04/12/20
Rib roast and asparagus risotto.

Very simple here. Snow crab with a butter dip and roasted asparagus, and some white wine my wife picked out.
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Easter Dinner.. - 04/13/20
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Porterhouse with mushrooms, potatoes, brussel sprouts w/ bacon and balsamic glaze. Plenty of blue smoothies and deviled eggs for the appetizer.

What the hell is a "blue smoothie"? I don't like the sound of that.
Posted By: Beretta_Shooter916 Re: Easter Dinner.. - 04/13/20
Grilled asparagus, cheesy rice, grilled lamb chops (rare), and Coors. Apple pie with caramel ice cream for dessert
Posted By: duck911 Re: Easter Dinner.. - 04/13/20
Kept it simple and more traditional than usual:

Turkey, mashed potatos, green beans, deviled eggs, rolls.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Easter Dinner.. - 04/13/20
Double smoked Costco ham, mashed taters, corn, and salad. Just me and the wife - six feet apart - watching a howling spring snowstorm.
Posted By: Savage_Hunter Re: Easter Dinner.. - 04/13/20
We were going to make shrimp fried rice and Sweet and Sour Pork, but we got distracted and time slipped past and we're going to settle for braised beef tips, baked sweet potato, and something green.

we usually do a leg of lamb Easter weekend, but this social distancing has my family not getting together this year.
Posted By: CowboyTim Re: Easter Dinner.. - 04/13/20
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Originally Posted by hillestadj

What the hell is a "blue smoothie"? I don't like the sound of that.

Redneck for "Busch Light" aren't ya glad you asked?
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Easter Dinner.. - 04/13/20
We had a nice dinner, with seven total. We devoured a couple pans of enchiladas, roasted peppers, rice & beans, coconut pie and key lime pie! The kids went home, and we are kicked back, rubbing our bellies! Happy Easter!
Posted By: Terryk Re: Easter Dinner.. - 04/13/20
Pashka bread - egg/butter/raisin bread, has a cross on top made of same dough. Big time would have bread braid around the edge to symbolize the thorn crown. Egg wash on top.
Hrudka or syrek, egg/milk curdle cheese.
Klebasa, = pork, margorum, garlic, mustard seed, black pepper, salt. Usually boiled or smoked.
Beets and horseradish
Ham
Black/rye bread
Kolachi = poppy seed roll, maybe walnuts instead.
Dyed eggs
This is pretty standard fair in western and eastern Slavic countries. Generally food is put in a basket and blessed by a priest on Holy Saturday. Nothing is eaten until Sunday.
Been this way every Easter I am alive.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Easter Dinner.. - 04/13/20
"The Warden" smoked a chicken and a bunch of ribs - then BBQ'd them.
Scalloped potatoes, mixed veggies, fruit salad, then cheesecake and raspberries.
It's a wonder I don't weigh 400 lbs, the way that woman can cook!!!
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Easter Dinner.. - 04/13/20
Originally Posted by Terryk
Pashka bread - egg/butter/raisin bread, has a cross on top made of same dough. Big time would have bread braid around the edge to symbolize the thorn crown. Egg wash on top.
Hrudka or syrek, egg/milk curdle cheese.
Klebasa, = pork, margorum, garlic, mustard seed, black pepper, salt. Usually boiled or smoked.
Beets and horseradish
Ham
Black/rye bread
Kolachi = poppy seed roll, maybe walnuts instead.
Dyed eggs
This is pretty standard fair in western and eastern Slavic countries. Generally food is put in a basket and blessed by a priest on Holy Saturday. Nothing is eaten until Sunday.
Been this way every Easter I am alive.

Sounds good Terry. Delicious actually.

We had burgers (not the frozen kind) on the grill and some canned corn (in a pot, not on the grill)

Geno
© 24hourcampfire