Home
Posted By: luv2safari Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/14/20
For such a smart guy I believe Trump stepped on his dauber.

He has been saying that he's the supreme one when it comes to opening the economy back up, and the States' governors have no authority to do so. He has that just backwards, Constitutionally.

So, that leads me to his blunder. Yes, anyone can screw up sometimes.

He should have said "OK, fine, open your States up. It's your call and States' Rights". If things went to hell after they opened things, he could blame the liberal governors and hammer them for liberal stupidity.

If all went great, he could say " See...My policies worked just as we had planned".

He needs better advice or needs to take good advice. This was a golden opportunity missed.

...still...M A G A President Trump!
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/14/20
Not his finest moment. .
Posted By: Raeford Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/14/20
I agree, not his place.
States Rights

I'll give a mulligan if he lets this go.
Posted By: SAcharlie Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/14/20
Originally Posted by luv2safari

He has been saying that he's the supreme one when it comes to opening the economy back up, and the States' governors have no authority to do so. He has that just backwards, Constitutionally.

He should have said "OK, fine, open your States up. It's your call and States' Rights". If things went to hell after they opened things, he could blame the liberal governors and hammer them for liberal stupidity.

If all went great, he could say " See...My policies worked just as we had planned".

He needs better advice or needs to take good advice. This was a golden opportunity missed.

So its just politics for you.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/14/20
I do understand like Harry Truman said, The buck stops here.
Posted By: sawbuck Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/14/20
I thought we settled this question in 1865.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/14/20
Guess I missed something. I don't follow the news much, did The Donald declare States are not allowed to "open for business" without his consent?

Geno
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I do understand like Harry Truman said, The buck stops here.

Only if its in his pocket. Anywhere else its someone else at fault.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/14/20
I'm good with what Trump's doing.

He's in a bad situation and I think he's doing the best that anybody can do with it.

Also,...he's spending a *lot* of time talking on TV every day and it's impossible for anybody to speak that much without occasionally saying something that puts their foot in their mouth. I think Trump basically meant that he was taking the responsibility on himself when he said that.

Hell,....Biden can't recite, "Mary had a little lamb" these days.

Originally Posted by Valsdad
Guess I missed something. I don't follow the news much, did The Donald declare States are not allowed to "open for business" without his consent?

Geno

Said he be supreme leader.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/14/20
Originally Posted by SAcharlie

So its just politics for you.

It's just the C O N S T I T U T I O N.

Protect 10A as hard as you protect 2A.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/14/20
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I'm good with what Trump's doing.

He's in a bad situation and I think he's doing the best that anybody can do with it.

Also,...he's spending a *lot* of time talking on TV every day and it's impossible for anybody to speak that much without occasionally saying something that puts their foot in their mouth. I think Trump basically meant that he was taking the responsibility on himself when he said that.

Hell,....Biden can't recite, "Mary had a little lamb" these days.

Hell, the SACharlies of the world are good with that^^^
Posted By: reivertom Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/14/20
I doubt if most states would have shut down to the degree they have if the Federal Government hadn't declared an emergency like they did, so why doesn't he have the power to un- declare an emergency? I believe this is what he meant. His administration started the ball rolling.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Geno

Said he be supreme leader.

Yep. Not something that made him look good or smart, sadly.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/14/20
Can the man ever do anything right?
Originally Posted by 700LH

Has he?
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/14/20
Kinda funny that the reporters who are in a dither are the same ones who were demanding that he unilaterally shut everything down just a few weeks ago. The same ones who bitched when he said that the Fed Gov was back up for the states.
Originally Posted by reivertom
I doubt if most states would have shut down to the degree they have if the Federal Government hadn't declared an emergency like they did, so why doesn't he have the power to un- declare an emergency? I believe this is what he meant. His administration started the ball rolling.

Declaring states of emergency for a State opens up the Federal purse to help that State. It doesn't mean the Feds are now in charge.
Posted By: Quak Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/14/20
Just curious IFD the war powers act rom perhaps state of major disaster change his ability

Personally I’ll take the Presidents advice over my governor any day

He was very late to all the above.
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Kinda funny that the reporters who are in a dither are the same ones who were demanding that he unilaterally shut everything down just a few weeks ago. The same ones who bitched when he said that the Fed Gov was back up for the states.

You caught that. wink

Trump..."the sky is blue"

Reporters shout that trump strangled the sky, and it turned blue!!! grin
All I can say is that I hope he can Tweet his way out now.

Geno

You caught that. wink

Trump..."the sky is blue"

Reporters shout that trump strangled the sky, and it turned blue!!! grin

A screwed up state of affairs whichever way it goes.

Another reason I never got into politics!

Geno

I guess not. Now he's catching hell from his supporters on here.
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk

I guess not. Now he's catching hell from his supporters on here.

He makes some mistakes. This time he needs some ear-boxing.

...still...MAGA...
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/14/20
Well, since hes going to be blamed anyway..... whistle

So, if he says dont open and they do, what will he then do. Either something or nothing. He wont do something about it but cant be blamed for deaths if they open. Hes not going to tell them to not open, I'm pretty sure. The dims want to stay closed until the election anyway.

If he says to open, which he will, and the dims dont, as they wont, then they face the voters ire in November, as their state wont be getting more bailout money for the cash starved folks.

Looks to me like he's suckering them in again.
Kinda funny that the reporters who are in a dither are the same ones who were demanding that he unilaterally shut everything down just a few weeks ago.

Well those dithered ones seem to be heading in the same direction. That being holding steady on limited activity but the dear leader wants to do a MAGA turn around and fugg up the program.
Trump has done some things that I don't agree with. But I'm done with criticizing him for anything.

He's been under constant attack from the fuggin' Bolsheviks since he declared that he was running for President. I don't know of any man that could handle the type of stress he's been under since he took office.

Besides,...the left in this country has gone totally batschitt evil,..both the people and their leaders. Trump is as good as this country will ever have.

You need to get used to him.
Originally Posted by jaguartx

So, if he says dont open and they do, what will he then do. Either something or nothing. He wont do something about it but cant be blamed for deaths if they open.

If he says to open, which he will, and the dims dont, as they wont, then they face the voters ire in November, as their state wont be getting more bailout money for the cash starved folks.

My friend, respectfully, that's bassakwards.

He should have simply bowed to the Constitution and let the chips fall quietly, Then take advantage of whatever happened...blame the liberals or take credit for his "genius".

...Or Both... laugh
Posted By: reivertom Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/14/20

Quit watching MSNBC, it makes you say things that are just wrong.
Kinda funny that the reporters who are in a dither are the same ones who were demanding that he unilaterally shut everything down just a few weeks ago.

Well those dithered ones seem to be heading in the same direction. That being holding steady on limited activity but the dear leader wants to do a MAGA turn around and fugg up the program.

"I’ve got a pen and I’ve got a phone." Obummer
GFY

So, if he says dont open and they do, what will he then do. Either something or nothing. He wont do something about it but cant be blamed for deaths if they open.

My friend, respectfully, that's bassakwards.

He should have simply bowed to the Constitution and let the chips fall quietly, Then take advantage of whatever happened...blame the liberals or take credit for his "genius".

...Or Both... laugh

You could be right, but I think hes baiting them. His tweet was a slap to Cuomo today.
Trump has done some things that I don't agree with. But I'm done with criticizing him for anything.

He's been under constant attack from the fuggin' Bolsheviks since he declared that he was running for President. I don't know of any man that could handle the type of stress he's been under since he took office.

Besides,...the left in this country has gone totally batschitt evil,..both the people and their leaders. Trump is as good as this country will ever have.

I say the same about BHO.
Posted By: 79S Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/14/20

Jesus H Christ?? What’s wrong with you??? If trump doesn’t do a god damn thing then these states will sit there do nothing, cry Wo is me I need money and keep sucking the .gov tit for more money. Trump is 100% right saying everyone needs to get back to work. If states choose to ignore this, then no more federal money..
Posted By: Teal Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/14/20
Except the immediate problem is - interstate commerce.

How does MI decide to remain closed, IN open and then tell IN they can't move into/through or do business with MI? It ends right back up on the federal step. And just about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING is interstate commerce now.
At this point, it wouldn't bother me if Trump declared himself leader for life and started passing out helicopter rides to the leftists.

The alternative is Biden and whatever white male hating black women he picks to run the country while he sits in the corner muttering to himself.

BHO had a sycophantic media propping him up daily, not tearing him down.

But you are also an idiot..

But you lied.

As the internationally recognized psychiatrist said on Fox news after a few years of Zero and which got him canned, when everything a president does is bad for the country, when do you get the idea he isnt screwing up by accident.

Problem is, you were too stupid to ever get a clue. Others werent so dumb. That's why Trump won.

So, what did Zero do that you were in disagreement about?
Originally Posted by 79S

Jesus H Christ?? What’s wrong with you??? If trump doesn’t do a god damn thing then these states will sit there do nothing, cry Wo is me I need money and keep sucking the .gov tit for more money. Trump is 100% right saying everyone needs to get back to work. If states choose to ignore this, then no more federal money..

Not a [bleep] thing is wrong with me. You need to read this again, it appears. He missed a great political opportunity, and I am convinced it was a big mistake. He has that inconvenient Constitution everyone here waves when 2A is involved. Well, 10A is now the subject.

Please read up on The Law of The Land.
Posted By: JTman Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/14/20

LOL you are one stupid Fuggg!
Originally Posted by 79S

Not a [bleep] this is wrong with me. You need to read this again, it appears. He missed a great political opportunity, and I am convinced it was a big mistake. He has that inconvenient Constitution everyone here waves when 2A is involved. Well, 10A is now the subject.

Nope, wasn’t a mistake on trumps part.. everyone cries states rights until they need some money from uncle sugar.. are states going to stop interstate commerce?
He misspeaks (could be intentional, at times) then he comes and cleans it up. While the left is going apechit, he gets other things done. It has been a pattern since month one.
At this point, it wouldn't bother me if Trump declared himself leader for life and started passing out helicopter rides to the leftists.

That alternative is Biden and whatever white male hating black women he picks to run the country while he sits in the corner muttering to himself.

To dream the impossible dream...

I wouldn't mind if he were President For Life, but we still need Bill of Rights protections.
I have to agree
He’ll recover from this!
Posted By: Teal Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/14/20
He misspeaks (could be intentional, at times) then he comes and cleans it up. While the left is going apechit, he gets other things done. It has been a pattern since month one.

This.

So many times - give the man a few weeks and it all comes into focus.

I hate the cliche "Playing chess while you're playing checkers" but he does - A LOT.

First go - beat every Republican challenger, beat the Hillary machine - done nothing but win over and over as President.

The man has EARNED some benefit of the doubt.
Posted By: Lennie Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/14/20
Are we playing Monday morning quarterback? I thought the liberal news media was in charge of this role.
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Not a [bleep] this is wrong with me. You need to read this again, it appears. He missed a great political opportunity, and I am convinced it was a big mistake. He has that inconvenient Constitution everyone here waves when 2A is involved. Well, 10A is now the subject.

Nope, wasn’t a mistake on trumps part.. everyone cries states rights until they need some money from uncle sugar.. are states going to stop interstate commerce?

As much as some States would like it otherwise, the federal government is the sole controller of interstate commerce.

The States are sole controller of intrastate commerce. The Reserve Clause at work...

+1

One poorly phrased pronunciation, amid a legion of good things, starting with saving us from a President Hillary. I’m eternally grateful already.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

+1

One poorly phrased pronunciation, amid a legion of good things, starting with saving us from a President Hillary. I’m eternally grateful already.

Makes you want to kiss the ground beneath and the stars above, YES!

That alternative is Biden and whatever white male hating black women he picks to run the country while he sits in the corner muttering to himself.

I wouldn't mind if he were President For Life, but we still need Bill of Rights protections.

Nobody alive has ever lived in Constitutional America.
He did that yesterday, had several advisers tell him hes wrong on that and then doubled down again today.

I'm thinking 3 D chess.

Look at the bouncy ball.
Posted By: deflave Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/14/20
Anybody that bitches about Trump is a fugking idiot.

I have high hopes for what is going to happen post November, 2020.
Originally Posted by deflave

This^^^. Amen. Some dont have to be taught over and over again. cool
Posted By: Muffin Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/14/20
Originally Posted by deflave

This^^^. Amen. Some dont have to be taught over and over again. cool

THIS, again....
Posted By: rickt300 Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/14/20

Has he?

Simpleton.

You being the dumbest SOB in San Antonio what you say means nothing. BHO the piss poorest excuse for a president in my life time with close runner up JImmy Carter was treated far better than Trump has and the media did not run him over constantly without reason.
Posted By: sse Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/14/20

From the Washington Times

Alec Baldwin bashes millions of Americans, says only 'mentally ill' will vote for Trump
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/14/20
He was playing chess

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by rickt300

You being the dumbest SOB in San Antonio what you say means nothing. BHO the piss poorest excuse for a president in my life time with close runner up JImmy Carter was treated far better than Trump has and the media did not run him over constantly without reason.

I understand its tough being a bigot.

It's much tougher not to be.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/14/20

Sometimes he has to remind the dhimocrats he's in charge.
Originally Posted by 79S

I believe Trump was speaking in the context of the federal national emergency giving him the right to decide what businesses can be safely reopened, that and the commerce act which is the law of the land and the federal governments business.
Are we talking about the same constitution that guarantees separation of the govt out of religion.

Or the one that says those without a US BC or proof of birth cant be president?

Or the one that says the folks arent to be restricted from arms?

Or the one that says our currency is to be backed by gold or silver?
Posted By: Steve Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/14/20
What if a governor decides to cancel the election the day before. Does the Fed Executive have plenary authority to go in and make sure that the election takes place?
Originally Posted by rickt300

Stating fact is only bigotry in the simple mind of a leftard. You leftist morons actually keep playing the race card (which makes you look even more stupid) to excuse the behavior of the least constitutional, racist and poorest performing president since the 70's. We are talking about some jackass who went around the world bowing to dictators and saying he was sorry about the country that mistakenly thought putting him in as president would resolve the hate you leftards spew over race.
Posted By: ERK Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/14/20
I am far away from being an expert on this issue. I do however know that Tump acted on this before anybody thought he should at the time. He is also getting information from all over the country. I’m guessing he has more info available than any governor. Did he shut down the states ? I believe he is trying his best under very hard times since he gets blamed for everything. Edk
Posted By: sawbuck Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/14/20

Tuesday's gone with the wind.
Posted By: MickeyD Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/14/20
Originally Posted by sawbuck

The Constitution was NOT altered by the defeat of the South in 1865!!
Posted By: K22 Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/14/20

We lost the Bill of Rights in 1871. The Constitution doesn't say ...............the Constitution "For" The United States of America, it specifically says The Constitution "of" The United States of America. Any States rights are null and void and the Pres. does have the right to open or shut a State. Then figure in a National Emergency.
Change the Constitution back to "The Constitution For The United States of America" and you would have a good argument in support of State Rights. Until then, you are under a Federal Trust.
Originally Posted by MickeyD

If a state which voluntarily joined the union isn't allowed to leave the union,...it's pretty plain that there's no such thing as state's rights.
Posted By: bigsqueeze Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/14/20

Has he?
.............................Shall I begin the list there lying Up 'n Chucky.....Quite a long one that I can put together for ya.

So you want to talk about the Constitution?? Ya mean the same Constitution that the demCRAPS always neglect and violate because they choose socialism, radicalism, along with a slight dose of communism??

You have no business there up n Chucky in touting your so called expertise regarding Trump and the Constitution. The truth is you lying POS, is that Trump since elected, has tried to UPHOLD the Constitution of the United States, whereas the very clowns you support have tried everything in their power to trash it and upend it.

IDIOT!
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/15/20
Did anyone see his news conference today?

He said exactly what I had wished he had done yesterday. He dropped responsibility for opening the States in the States' laps.

Great flanking move! cool cool
Posted By: ERK Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/15/20
He is like a good quarterback than just slides aside of the guy trying to nail him but still looks downfield for a receiver. Keep your eye on the ball folks. Ed k
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/15/20

You're such an ass.

BHO had a sycophantic media propping him up daily, not tearing him down.

You forgot to mention that BHO did nothing of positive importance for 8 years!
my bet is he just got everyone to get on the "it's the governors fault" band wagon and he is off the hook.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/15/20
Originally Posted by AB2506

You're such an ass.

The extent of SAck Charlie's reading is CNN.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/15/20

Has he?

Yeah, he defeated Hillary...
Posted By: djs Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/15/20
Originally Posted by MickeyD

If a state which voluntarily joined the union isn't allowed to leave the union,...it's pretty plain that there's no such thing as state's rights.

Rep. Liz Chaney (R-Wyoming) referred to the 10th Amendment in the Constitution: "'The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.' United States Constitution, Amendment X."

She said,this in rebuke to Trump.
Posted By: djs Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/15/20
Originally Posted by BountyHunter
my bet is he just got everyone to get on the "it's the governors fault" band wagon and he is off the hook.

Whatever one says about Trump, he is a GREAT marketer! As the old saying goes, "Say something loud enough and long enough, and people will believe it". His press conferences certainly are great examples of this.

Yesterday's New York Times contains an article "Email Chain Shows Alarm Experts Felt in Early Days". The article shows that concern was being voiced as early as January. Trump ignored the warnings ans voiced anger at those who predicted a bad outcome.

Trump did ban travel from China on January 31, 2020, even though Corona Virus outbreak in Wuhan was known in December, 2019 (although not fully appreciated). In the case of an infectious disease, limiting travel is like closing the barn door after the horse escapes; however (in such cases), it is nearly impossible to contain such diseases. Say, an international company holds a meeting in London and executives from around the world gather. Whatever viruses any one of them carry will be transmitted to the others who will return home and spread the illness even though they do not exhibit symptoms for up to 14 days; they meet with others, they shop, attend close gatherings, pump gas, etc., each time transferring the virus to people and surfaces.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/15/20
Did anyone see his news conference today?

He said exactly what I had wished he had done yesterday. He dropped responsibility for opening the States in the States' laps.

Great flanking move! cool cool

More like a good recovery.
Originally Posted by djs

Whatever one says about Trump, he is a GREAT marketer! As the old saying goes, "Say something loud enough and long enough, and people will believe it". His press conferences certainly are great examples of this.

Yesterday's New York Times contains an article "Email Chain Shows Alarm Experts Felt in Early Days". The article shows that concern was being voiced as early as January. Trump ignored the warnings ans voiced anger at those who predicted a bad outcome.

Trump did ban travel from China on January 31, 2020, even though Corona Virus outbreak in Wuhan was known in December, 2019 (although not fully appreciated). In the case of an infectious disease, limiting travel is like closing the barn door after the horse escapes; however (in such cases), it is nearly impossible to contain such diseases. Say, an international company holds a meeting in London and executives from around the world gather. Whatever viruses any one of them carry will be transmitted to the others who will return home and spread the illness even though they do not exhibit symptoms for up to 14 days; they meet with others, they shop, attend close gatherings, pump gas, etc., each time transferring the virus to people and surfaces.

BULLSHIT. Trump acted on what that Hillary ball washer Fauci was telling him as LATE AS MARCH this virus was not that big of a deal. Stop making crap up and trying to obfuscate with faint praise. "not fully appreciated"? That's NYT spin. How about it was DELIBERATELY done by the chinese...
Agreed, the President is not correct. What he CAN do is open our doors to trade, but he cannot force the states to do so. i still find it amusing the democrats are all of a sudden becoming "States rights" supporters. rich...
Posted By: benchman Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/15/20
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Agreed, the President is not correct. What he CAN do is open our doors to trade, but he cannot force the states to do so. i still find it amusing the democrats are all of a sudden becoming "States rights" supporters. rich...

I thought since he was acting under an emergency, he did have that authority.
Posted By: ERK Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/15/20
Interstate commerce covers just about every item in the United States. That’s how this plays out under the current laws. Feds control that. Ed k
Originally Posted by jorgeI

I saw the Mississippi Governor interviewed on Fox and Friends this morning. It sounds like he is going to send the state back to work very soon.

Suffered some terrible tornadoes yesterday.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/15/20
Yep. Not something that made him look good or smart, sadly.

Something Upchuck knows a lot about.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/15/20
Well, he DID get most of the D governors to jump up and say that they will handle it.
It'll be on them.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/15/20
Originally Posted by djs

What an absolute stupid fuqk you are, pure bull schit, of course you know this but it doesn't fit your agenda.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/15/20
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by djs

What an absolute stupid fuqk you are, pure bull schit, of course you know this but it doesn't fit your agenda.

Paul, he's parroting his CNN suckass breakfast.
Posted By: deflave Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/16/20

Have you figured out why he did what he did yet?
Posted By: Terryk Re: Poor Trump Strategy IMO - 04/16/20
He does control interstate commerce, but not items in the state. I think his statement is fair, and he can give enough rope to governors to let them shoulder some of the risk.
I think the statement is not an encompassing binding legal action.
© 24hourcampfire