Home
Posted By: lvmiker Got tagged by the MAN today - 04/18/20
Returned to the truck after a great hike w/ my son, DIL and grandkid to find a "Warning Notice" on the windshield notifying me that the trailhead was closed and that blocking the gate was illegal. The gate was closed and locked w/ a notice that the closure was to protect us from Covid 19. We hiked about 5 miles on the closed trail w/out seeing another person and had a spectacular day followed by a tailgate picnic. The NFS ranger was parked across the road and never bothered us and waved as we left.

A good day was had by all and the ranger had proof that he was doing his job and didn't bother anyone.

Perhaps this crisis too shall pass and we may get back to real life. Life is good if you don't let the little things get you down. Continue to persevere.

mike r
It sure is nice of them to warn you.

I would hate for you to get too close to a chipmunk or something..
Are chipmunks related to pangolins?
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Just a little reminder of how much you should appreciate the solitude you enjoyed..
Posted By: Slavek Re: Got tagged by the MAN today - 04/18/20
The only reason they close parks, bodies of water to fishing,......is to reopen them first making people think they're nice and reasonable people that should be allowed to remain in positions they hold.
[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]
I was on Ocracoke Island when Obama shut the country down because of one of those budget squabbles.

Ocracoke Island is a sandbar out in the Atlantic Ocean. It's a long, narrow island about 16 miles from north to south.

It was made a national seashore many years ago. But it's just a village connected to a 16 mile long beach. Obama said that nobody could walk on the beach during the national shutdown.

One of the federal employees that lives and works on the island placed a sawhorse barrier at one spot in front of the beach with a sign that said "beach closed". The first night it was there somebody broke it all to pieces. Nobody bothered to put it back up.
Mike-
The important question - - didja see any covids in the woods?
If blocking the gate is illegal, then you should not block the gate.
Fubarski is an ässhole.
That escalated quickly.
OSHA is handing out $1200 tickets here to any construction workers they spot closer together than they deem appropriate.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
OSHA is handing out $1200 tickets here to any construction workers they spot closer together than they deem appropriate.

You live in a broke state run by Bolsheviks, what did you expect?

I'd be tweeting this to Trump. I think you're full of shït.
Originally Posted by kingston

He knows how to fix it. 😂🤪

They don't wear armor on their face. FYI.
Originally Posted by kingston

Not sure about OSHA, but the construction company my brother works for has a mask monitor on their housing tract site, to make sure everyone is safe.

Geno
Originally Posted by ironbender
Mike-

I'd rather see coeds in the woods.

Nekkid ones.

Geno
Posted By: 700LH Re: Got tagged by the MAN today - 04/18/20
Hall monitors gotta monitor
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Mike-

Nekkid ones.

Geno

More so than woodland shuffle girls?
So, you blocked a gate? WTF?
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I was on Ocracoke Island when Obama shut the country down because of one of those budget squabbles.

Ocracoke Island is a sandbar out in the Atlantic Ocean. It's a long, narrow island about 16 miles from north to south.

It was made a national seashore many years ago. But it's just a village connected to a 16 mile long beach. Obama said that nobody could walk on the beach during the national shutdown.

One of the federal employees that lives and works on the island placed a sawhorse barrier at one spot in front of the beach with a sign that said "beach closed". The first night it was there somebody broke it all to pieces. Nobody bothered to put it back up.

I remember when the [bleep] did that.
How long is it going to take before some sob just trying to do a public service ends uo getting a face full of 10mm?
Posted By: krp Re: Got tagged by the MAN today - 04/18/20
The gate was locked but in case of an emergency access through it needs to remain open.

Kent
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Got tagged by the MAN today - 04/18/20
OSHA doesn't fine employees, they fine the company. I'm not an OSHA inspector, but I doubt there is a Federal Regulation prohibiting workers from being too close to one another. I'm glad you had a great day!
Posted By: MM879 Re: Got tagged by the MAN today - 04/18/20
The police are driving around the county parks with their bubble gum lights on. They don't stop. They are just trying to intimidate people. It isn't working there is 1000's of people out in the park.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

then when you have thought about that long enough, you can declare war on the Union
Posted By: BobMt Re: Got tagged by the MAN today - 04/18/20
Originally Posted by krp
The gate was locked but in case of an emergency access through it needs to remain open.

Kent

apparently simple thought process and respect for others is lacking...…..bob

Ummm Hmmmm. You got pictures of that broken sawhorse??
Be glad it wasn't a Montucky hillbilly.

They'd have drug your truck out of the way so they could rip down the gate.

LOL
Mike-

I saw some corvids when I was scouting for turkeys Thursday.

Regrettably, no coeds.

Huntin' and fishin' are essential activities according to Gov. Justice. Hell, they even waived the fishing license and trout stamp requirements for 30 days (the game wardens will be enforcing Social Distancing, however).
Posted By: WAM Re: Got tagged by the MAN today - 04/18/20
Originally Posted by deflave

LOL

If it had been in Washington State, tweekers would have busted a window and stolen your chit, then helped you look for it.
Originally Posted by WAM
Originally Posted by deflave

LOL

If it had been in Washington State, tweekers would have busted a window and stolen your chit, then helped you look for it.

LOL
The funny thing was that we weren't even close to blocking a gate. There were two 20' bar gates that were locked. Where we parked you could drift a ladder truck sideways through either gate. I am guessing that he was trying to deter others from using the trailhead. We were in W. Yellowstone during the last govt. shutdown and could walk or ski into the park but no vehicles allowed.

mike r
Originally Posted by Slavek
The only reason they close parks, bodies of water to fishing,......is to reopen them first making people think they're nice and reasonable people that should be allowed to remain in positions they hold.
You betcha..
So you hiked for five miles and didn't find any Covid 19? He needs to guard a different trail.
Originally Posted by cooper57m

Ummm Hmmmm. You got pictures of that broken sawhorse??

lol,...you're the sensitive type,...aren't ya?
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
How long is it going to take before some sob just trying to do a public service ends uo getting a face full of 10mm?

Depends on how long they can avoid public servicing a guy who really doesn’t want to be public serviced. There are several of us scattered around, they seem to be pretty good at avoiding us. Of course, that could be because we work all day, sleep at night, and don’t grab much attention.😁

It was you😆
No,...it was undoubtedly a local. Many of those families have been living on that island since the 1700's.

They can be touchy about such things.
Here's a couple of short reads which demonstrates how the islanders feel about outside interference.

http://www.ocracokecurrent.com/62082

Then this:

http://www.ocracokecurrent.com/61864
I think you've greatly over-estimated our interest.
Originally Posted by cooper57m
I think you've greatly over-estimated our interest.

You and the rest of the sensitive members hold a meeting about it?
No,...it was undoubtedly a local. Many of those families have been living on that island since the 1700's.

What happened with your wife's covid problem at work? Wasnt someone coming to work sick or something?
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

What happened with your wife's covid problem at work? Wasnt someone coming to work sick or something?

Not exactly. One of my wife's coworkers was living with someone who was showing symptoms. After much pressure from co-workers, she "claims" to have taken him to get tested,..and that the test results will be back today or tomorrow.

My opinion,...she didn't take him. She just got tired of everyone she works with pressuring her, so she said that she did.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

That poor son of a bitch. They took his horse, made him surrender and now they have him pulling a wagon in kansas i bet.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Mike-

Nekkid ones.

Geno

More so than woodland shuffle girls?

I never saw a rule requiring one to not be the other.

Logic does not demand the exclusivity between the two classes of babes.

Geno
I'd gladly take up hiking, IF I could find some Nekked coeds roaming around in the woods!

The exercise might do me good! (GRIN!)

Virgil B.
Originally Posted by vbshootinrange
I'd gladly take up hiking, IF I could find some Nekked coeds roaming around in the woods!

The exercise might do me good! (GRIN!)

Virgil B.

Virgil,

along with the hiking it gets the heart rate up even better.

Sharpens your eyesight..............or at least gives one a reason to use the binocs.

Geno
Gov Abbott just reopened the State Parks here in TX.

More Winning!
I caught a buttload of drum during that shutdown in Buxton. There was a storm that lasted for 2 days straight. 14 inches of rain if I remember correctly. Couldnt drive the beach because of the Holy Negro shutdown so I slipped up to the old lighthouse spot and on the first cast caught a 24" drum. Walked it back to the house about 1/4 mile. Went back and caught another and another. between the 5 of us, we caught or weekly limit of drum. That was a good time and some good eatin'.
Originally Posted by fishnnut
I caught a buttload of drum during that shutdown in Buxton. There was a storm that lasted for 2 days straight. 14 inches of rain if I remember correctly. Couldnt drive the beach because of the Holy Negro shutdown so I slipped up to the old lighthouse spot and on the first cast caught a 24" drum. Walked it back to the house about 1/4 mile. Went back and caught another and another. between the 5 of us, we caught or weekly limit of drum. That was a good time and some good eatin'.

Are you an O'Neal, a Howard, or a Garrish?
Posted By: MM879 Re: Got tagged by the MAN today - 04/18/20
Here's a couple of short reads which demonstrates how the islanders feel about outside interference.

http://www.ocracokecurrent.com/62082

Then this:

http://www.ocracokecurrent.com/61864

Would love to know the rest of the story on this one. There's a cute girl in the story somewhere.
You have to watch out for those "Squirrel Police". They are afraid you might infect their critters!
© 24hourcampfire