39,201 deaths in the US.
Population 328200000
0.0001194424 death rate

CDC estimates 24,000 – 62,000 flu deaths this season

24000÷328200000=0.0000731261
62000÷328200000=0.0001889092

Take the flu average of 43000
43000÷328200000=0.0001310176

I'm a historian, not a mathematician. What am I missing?

I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist but I'm starting to see how some people might believe that this is part of an ongoing effort to end the Trump presidency

Yep.....my wife has been saying from the beginning that this is just another attempt by the evil rulers to destroy the best President of our lifetime and I agree with her.

With barely anyone out and about it reminds me of how nice and peaceful life was 30 years ago. We could use a 50% reduction in the population, not through death necessarily but through deportations and “extraditions”. 😉
What you’re missing is this is an election year
Originally Posted by dale06

makes you wonder if they dont have covid-20 all cued up for release for when Trump gets us all back to work ?

they'll say "he ordered us back too soon" ! .... in an attempt to claim the intellectual high ground and finish of his administration.

At this point my money is on "what ever the Chinese are up to , the democrats arent for behind."
https://www.thenewatlantis.com/publications/not-like-the-flu-not-like-car-crashes-not-like

It is more contagious but not more deadly.
What you are missing is that these aren’t just deaths, these Americans were killed by China’s rulers. It will take more investigation to determine how the Corona virus got out of the lab. However, it is the coverup by China’s government that kept it from being contained and allowed it to spread to countries all over the world. That coverup was intentional and premeditated.
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook

makes you wonder if they dont have covid-20 all cued up for release for when Trump gets us all back to work ?

they'll say "he ordered us back too soon" ! .... in an attempt to claim the intellectual high ground and finish of his administration.

At this point my money is on "what ever the Chinese are up to , the democrats arent for behind."

Yep. Wouldn’t surprise me at all!!!
Originally Posted by jdm953

Yes that seems to sum it up.
Hospitals and states are getting government “assistance’ (money) based on how many “Corona virus deaths’ they record
Literally half of the Corona virus deaths are BS.

Someone has stage four lung cancer and the doctors give them a few weeks to live.
That person gets diagnosed with Corona virus, and a few weeks later they die.
Corona virus death

A Chicago drug dealer gets Corona virus, then gets shot to death by a rival drug dealer.
Corona virus death

Someone gets diagnosed and driving home fails to notice the red light. Dies in a car wreck.
Corona virus death

Diagnosed with Corona virus and then;
Dies of a massive heart attack
Falls off a latter
Drowns in a swimming pool
All recorded as “They had corona virus and they died”.

Trump is not giving us enough assistance (money), look at all these people who are dying !!!
I think the "doubling every 4 days" death proponents are falling way behind. glad for that. By their math we should be at 100,000 deaths today. reported, and I stress "reported" deaths are under 42,000.
This could turn into a popcorn thread!
Originally Posted by nyrifleman
39,201 deaths in the US.
Population 328200000
0.0001194424 death rate

I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist but I'm starting to see how some people might believe that this is part of an ongoing effort to end the Trump presidency

You're missing comparative infection rate. The flu numbers reflect infection throughout the population (no quarantine, or widespread immunity throughout the population) we're still early in the Covid-19 pandemic and a much smaller number have been infected (or have immunity) than compared with the flu. The problem is we don't know the true lethality rate because we don't know how widespread CV-19 infection is. Is the lethality rate like the flu (.01% or one death per thousand) or is it 3.5% (35 deaths per thousand)? We don't know yet (for sure). But we should know within a few more weeks. That said, there is no doubt the Left (which includes the MSM) hope CV-19 brings this country to its knees.
Originally Posted by Anaconda
Hospitals and states are getting government “assistance’ (money) based on how many “Corona virus deaths’ they record

Someone has stage four lung cancer and the doctors give them a few weeks to live.
Corona virus death

A Chicago drug dealer gets Corona virus, then gets shot to death by a rival drug dealer.
Corona virus death

Someone gets diagnosed and driving home fails to notice the red light. Dies in a car wreck.
Corona virus death

Falls off a latter

Trump is not giving us enough assistance (money), look at all these people who are dying !!!

I believe that is why they are now saying "Covis related deaths".
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Originally Posted by Anaconda

Corona virus death

Corona virus death

Corona virus death

Falls off a latter

I believe that is why they are now saying "Covis related deaths".

PREZACTLY!!!
Originally Posted by kid0917
I think the "doubling every 4 days" death proponents are falling way behind. glad for that. By their math we should be at 100,000 deaths today. reported, and I stress "reported" deaths are at just over 40,000

Yep. And the key word there is “reported” deaths.
There is a huge difference in the real numbers of those who died "from" CV-19 and those who died "with" CV-19.

We're not being given accurate and complete data.
39,201 deaths in the US.
Population 328200000
0.0001194424 death rate

What you are missing is that your math is fugged up!

If you split the difference of the high and low estimate for 2019/2020 season and average the nine since 2010 you come up with just under 40,000. If you consider that there is no way in hell that we have infected every person in the US or even any where near 1/3, then your death rate of .0001194424 is meaningless. If you apply any kind of common sense to the influenza numbers you are playing with two factors that you haven't begun to account for are the partial immunity of people who've been exposed to influenza for a lifetime, people who've been vaccinated in the past regardless of their prior exposures and of course those who have been vaccinated for this year's influenza. There is nothing common to influenza and to corona because corona is entering a wholly unexposed population. Lastly of course your numbers are meaningless because we are but 7 weeks into this pandemic and do not have a whole year's numbers for comparison. If you divide 52 by 7 and multiply out current corona deaths of just over 40,000 by about 7.5 the numbers will still be fugged for comparison because of the difference in the prior exposure of the population and because we do not know what the rest of the year will look like. so we cannot assume that the rest of the year will average out like the first seven weeks.

In addition there are things like the west coast deaths per known infection do not comport with the east coast deaths per infection. For all we know today that difference may be just because the west coast people are more decent and moral. We can with some certainty expect that the death numbers will peak in a wave fashion across the country as the disease moves across the country. We cannot well predict those deaths because we may find therapies that can minimize them or we may not. We may find that social distancing may lower the numbers of deaths or we may only find that it flattens the curve with totals remaining relatively the same. We also have not proven that antibody therapy works yet. That leaves open the possibility that reinfection may occur as does the possibility of a different version of the virus on each coast.

If you want to build a conspiracy theory against Trump it would be difficult to find a shakier foundation on which to build one.

Its not in Italy, France, Spain, or China for that matter.
It’s time to overcome fear and panic and apply common sense hygiene and get back to living. There are not enough people who are deathly sick to keep the country shut down. The President did what had to be done. Manufacturing is ramping up masks, ventilators and ppe, researchers are working on medications and vaccines— we bought 4-6 weeks to get this far, now It’s time to move ahead instead of hunkering down.
Originally Posted by DocRocket
The death rates we have seen due to severe illness from CoV2 in places like northern Italy and New York are waaaay past influenza numbers.

You're not missing anything.

The cold virus isn't going to turn out to be more contagious than normal colds.

Covid has been in the US for a lot longer than the liberals want to admit, and more people have been infected than is currently "estimated".

That's why there won't be a "second wave".
Correct and 85% of the folks infected never know they had it. That’s what the experts are saying, although one must ask themselves why was (is) this virus completely overhyped? Dems are going to have egg on their faces due to the over dramatization/hype.
Originally Posted by antlers
The death rates we have seen due to severe illness from CoV2 in places like northern Italy and New York are waaaay past influenza numbers.

And population density matters. It's a much more efficient killer in densely populated area's.
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by antlers

And population density matters. It's a much more efficient killer in densely populated area's.

Especially where there are a bunch of 80 year old smokers and overweight folks with heart disease and diabetes.
And folks with poor personal hygiene habits.
Like Italy, Spain. And NYC
Originally Posted by cfran
Correct and 85% of the folks infected never know they had it. That’s what the experts are saying, although one must ask themselves why was (is) this virus completely overhyped? Dems are going to have egg on their faces due to the over dramatization/hype.

The DemoRat’s that overhyped this schitt show and claimed 3.5 Million Americans would die did so to crash the Economy and defeat Trump. They should lose their jobs. 😡

As should the idiots running the CDC and the FDA.
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Covid has been in the US for a lot longer than the liberals want to admit, and more people have been infected than is currently "estimated".

You haven't stopped running your mouth in the last month. In that month, Covid 19 has gone past an average flu season and in that month has increase almost as much as a normal average flu season in terms of deaths. Roughly 7 weeks total, and 4 weeks from when you started spouting sh*t you do not begin to comprehend.

Let me make it simple. Even with all that we have done to contain this, we have failed. We have limited it some but in the next month we will be damned lucky if those numbers do not double. In the last month we have almost seen a six fold increase. Even someone without any more comprehension than you possess can look at those numbers and realize what you were saying had no basis in fact then and at this point and that you still do not begin to have a clue what is going on around you.

But...in a month I will be back to remind you you are still dumber than a box of rocks.
39,201 deaths in the US.
Population 328200000
0.0001194424 death rate

You calculated death rate in the total population. What is being reported is deaths in Covid infected patients.

Apples/turnips. wink
39,201 deaths in the US.
Population 328200000
0.0001194424 death rate

You are also missing that it hasn't been 12 months since Covid-19 has started. The estimated deaths for flu that you quote are for 2019. In any case, you need to compare the exact same months of the year or do a complete year over year comparison.

PLUS: There is no Covid-19 vaccine....

PLUS: There are now 40,478 U.S. deaths since the time that you quoted the 39,201 deaths....Deaths still growing at high rate.
Originally Posted by MILES58

You haven't stopped running your mouth in the last month. In that month, Covid 19 has gone past an average flu season and in that month has increase almost as much as a normal average flu season in terms of deaths. Roughly 7 weeks total, and 4 weeks from when you started spouting sh*t you do not begin to comprehend.

Let me make it simple. Even with all that we have done to contain this, we have failed. We have limited it some but in the next month we will be damned lucky if those numbers do not double. In the last month we have almost seen a six fold increase. Even someone without any more comprehension than you possess can look at those numbers and realize what you were saying had no basis in fact then and at this point and that you still do not begin to have a clue what is going on around you.

But...in a month I will be back to remind you you are still dumber than a box of rocks.

WoooWee
There are quite a few here that should read this and look in the mirror.
Just missing the affect of fear on the populace. Untold numbers of otherwise rational Americans are deathly afraid of what might happen.
another mn lib
Originally Posted by boatammo
another mn lib

Can you show where what I have said is wrong? Or are you Fubarski's idiot brother?
39,201 deaths in the US.
Population 328200000
0.0001194424 death rate

Your math is no fugged up. It is a comparison of the entire population! The wizards for effect keep adjusting the population down for their argument. Just look at every one of their discussions the effect is to look at a smaller field. Currently I'm setting in quarantine for 1 person with WuFlu in my entire county. I don’t need to be a math wizard to smell a con.

The *real* Covid death toll, in the entire US, is around 7300.

And that's bein generous ta Mr. Covid.

I can understand why you're so emotional bout the deal, tho.

You finally had somethin ta hang on President Trump.

The miracle virus of destruction.

Married up ta your sweetheart Mr. Covid.

Mr. Covid was kickin ass and takin names, LOL.

Went on a honeymoon in Italy.

Then, Mr. Covid went limp on ya, and then everbody found out what he really was.

Just another unicorn, like Russian collusion, that got your panties all wet, but couldn't keep it up.

Now, you're left knocked up by another flash in the pan.

Just another dudshark.

But hey, ya still got global warming.

And probably a couple cats.
Popcorn and cold drinks here! LOL

The *real* Covid death toll, in the entire US, is around 7300.

And that's bein generous ta Mr. Covid.

I can understand why you're so emotional bout the deal, tho.

You finally had somethin ta hang on President Trump.

The miracle virus of destruction.

Married up ta your sweetheart Mr. Covid.

Mr. Covid was kickin ass and takin names, LOL.

Went on a honeymoon in Italy.

Then, Mr. Covid went limp on ya, and then everbody found out what he really was.

Just another unicorn, like Russian collusion, that got your panties all wet, but couldn't keep it up.

Now, you're left knocked up by another flash in the pan.

Just another dudshark.

But hey, ya still got global warming.

And probably a couple cats.

Do you have a source for that 7K number??

Out of his ass, just like everything else.
...And population density matters. It's a much more efficient killer in densely populated area's.

I believe this is one of the strongest factors on why the virus has been so prevalent in NYC, along with the complete stupidity of the city leaders who reassured the populace to go out and enjoy themselves because there was nothing to worry about.
agreed

Common sense and the ability to think for yourself.

With all due respect, you are ignoring the fraud in the COVID count. They have admitted as much.
the death-doubling -every 4 -days prediction, has us at 144,000 dead today. I am glad whatever is working....is working.
the death-doubling -every 4 -days prediction, has us at 144,000 dead today. I am glad whatever is working....is working.

An one time it WAS doubling every 4 days. all that social distancing that distresses you so, helped cut into that rate of return.

This is not rocket science, but clearly above many here.
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

An one time it WAS doubling every 4 days. all that social distancing that distresses you so, helped cut into that rate of return.

This is not rocket science, but clearly above many here.

^^^Here is some solid evidence for you guys.^^^

LOL
Flu deaths - 0

Pneumonia deaths - 0

Covid-19 deaths - 38k for the win!
Originally Posted by 280shooter

With all due respect, you are ignoring the fraud in the COVID count. They have admitted as much.

You do know that a doctor falsifying a death certificate can lose his license? You have to prove fraud if you want to claim it and I can wait while you do it.

You do know that a doctor falsifying a death certificate can lose his license? You have to prove fraud if you want to claim it and I can wait while you do it.

I do know how the hospitals are directed to count the COVID deaths. I work with them weekly.
Are you trying to tell us that all of the doctors who signed off on "suspected" COVID deaths are in trouble. Even you don't believe that shiite. Your score? FAIL

I'm not trying to harsh your panic. You girls carry on. Have you invested in Nigeria yet?
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Flu deaths - 0

Pneumonia deaths - 0

Covid-19 deaths - 38k for the win!

Do you have a source (a link) fir those njmbers?
For the slow and gullible among us:

"There are other countries that if you had a pre-existing condition, and let's say the virus caused you to go to the ICU [intensive care unit] and then have a heart or kidney problem," she said during a Tuesday news briefing at the White House. "Some countries are recording that as a heart issue or a kidney issue and not a COVID-19 death.

"The intent is ... if someone dies with COVID-19 we are counting that," she added.
Originally Posted by boatammo
another mn lib

Can you show where what I have said is wrong? Or are you Fubarski's idiot brother?

Libtard 😂
Originally Posted by deflave

Common sense and the ability to think for yourself.

Hmmmm could you be juuuuuuust a teensey bit more specific??
Behind closed doors, China is smiling.
Election year, trade deals etc.

For the slow and gullible among us:

"There are other countries that if you had a pre-existing condition, and let's say the virus caused you to go to the ICU [intensive care unit] and then have a heart or kidney problem," she said during a Tuesday news briefing at the White House. "Some countries are recording that as a heart issue or a kidney issue and not a COVID-19 death.

"The intent is ... if someone dies with COVID-19 we are counting that," she added.

I can name a few such deaths that are NOT recorded as CV19. Seems to be working both ways and maybe because more than one thing actually IS the cause of death.
Of course you can, Cupcake. LOL
A study in Britain has of COVID-19 related deaths puts 86% of the deaths as caused by COVID-19 the other 14% of the deaths they had COVID-19 as well.
I love how all the arm chair quarterbacks have more knowledge and information and facts than the president of the USA. You go girls. Ed k
A fool decides a matter before he hears it.

Watch this video, but WATCH IT ALL before you form an opinion.
It's ok to disagree with any or every point, but such things should be argued point by point so as to not act as a fool.

https://c-vine.com/blog/2020/04/19/dr-fauci-get-blistered-by-dr-rashid-buttar/

I do know how the hospitals are directed to count the COVID deaths. I work with them weekly.
Are you trying to tell us that all of the doctors who signed off on "suspected" COVID deaths are in trouble. Even you don't believe that shiite. Your score? FAIL

I'm not trying to harsh your panic. You girls carry on. Have you invested in Nigeria yet?

Suspected will trigger an autopsy and what that lists as COD will be recorded. I would be surprised if Covid 19 is not a mandated report when it is listed as COD.
Originally Posted by ERK
I love how all the arm chair quarterbacks have more knowledge and information and facts than the president of the USA. You go girls. Ed k

You mean the president who flat out on television declared that the disease was a HOAX??? That president???

“The underlying cause depends upon what and where conditions are reported on the death certificate. However, the rules for coding and selection of the underlying cause of death are expected to result in COVID- 19 being the underlying cause more often than not,” the guidelines read.

“COVID-19 should be reported on the death certificate for all decedents where the disease caused or is assumed to have caused or contributed to death,” CDC guidelines issued March 24 read. “Certifiers should include as much detail as possible based on their knowledge of the case, medical records, laboratory testing, etc.,” the guidance continued.

“If the decedent had other chronic conditions such as COPD or asthma that may have also contributed, these conditions can be reported in Part II.”
Originally Posted by ERK

You mean the president who flat out on television declared that the disease was a HOAX??? That president???

Yeah, that guy. What's his latest prognostication on the number of deaths from this hoax? I think it is like 40-60k now that he is projecting but we blew through 40k yesterday. We will probably blow through 60 in short order. The "flattening" is slowing the numbers, but not stopping them.

How is that cure for CV19 coming? And that vaccination? Didn't he say that "we" were making great progress on that and it would be any day now? What was that?
If you use the numbers projected by the USC model that as many as 442,000 people have already had this beer flu, Los Angeles County numbers look ridiculously small.
442,000/1279 fatalities = .0029 death rate. The lower number of 240,000 is .0053.
A lot of people (conspiracy theorists?) are of the opinion that this is the second wave, the mild fall/very early winter strain being the first wave
Originally Posted by ERK

Yep and when the dust settles you might be smart enough to recognize he is more right than wrong. If he would have just said Massively over-hyped virus he’d be right on the money. Which is basically what he was saying. Media fueled virus, and knuckleheads like you who just come here to argue aren’t smart enough to recognize the truth. But that’s par for the course for a liberal . . .

Carry on Miles.
Originally Posted by cfran
Originally Posted by ERK

Yep and when the dust settles you might be smart enough to recognize he is more right than wrong. If he would have just said Massively over-hyped virus he’d be right on the money. Which is basically what he was saying. Media fueled virus, and knuckleheads like you who just come here to argue aren’t smart enough to recognize the truth. But that’s par for the course for a liberal . . .

Carry on Miles.

If I remember correctly, the Democrat criticism of Trump’s response to the virus was what Trump said was a hoax, not the virus itself. But it was an opportunity for spin, and for agendas.

In any case, I’m all for individuals choosing whatever level of exposure they’re comfortable with.
I just get tired of that spin being propagated.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-coronavirus-rally-remark/
Originally Posted by huskyrunner

SO even the left-leaning Snopes says Trump did NOT call the corona a hoax. OK,,, whatevahhhh!
Originally Posted by huskyrunner

Bingo.
Originally Posted by ERK

Yes that President Trump. Trump knew all along that the China flu was a hoax and wasn't going to be nearly as bad as predicted. I hate to say this but Trump screwed the pooch for a dollar or a vote. I still don't know anyone who has died from the China virus and that's the only number that matters to me. Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see, people need to think for themselves.
© 24hourcampfire