Home
Thanks for posting jag
Welcome, cra. Easier than the FG also.
Thanks !
Cool knot, thanks for sharing.
I always tied a surgeon's knot but I'll try this one.
Originally Posted by CWT
I always tied a surgeon's knot but I'll try this one.

Doesnt that hit the rod eyes pretty hard?
cool almost like a double uni knot.
I will be trying it.
I usually use the crazy Alberto but will give this a try. Thanks for sharing.
can i ask way you all tie mono to braid ? i just use what ever kind of line that is on the real . i use both depending on the reel
another thing I always put a drop of super glue on braid knots.
Originally Posted by 44mc
can i ask way you all tie mono to braid ? i just use what ever kind of line that is on the real . i use both depending on the reel

I use a top shot of mono on most of my reels, mono has some flex so when you get a big fish up to the boat its more forgiving.
I've always tied a uni to uni for braid to fluorocarbon leader. I never reel the leader through the guides. -TomT

I like to use the no knot method but it definitely more tedious.
stx we use single strand ss wire for stuff with teeth like king mac /sharks wahoo other than that we just tie straight to the main line
Originally Posted by stxhunter

That's the knot I always use but I'm gonna try this one. It looks pretty easy.
https://www.facebook.com/583771745097430/videos/1095175133957086/

I don't know what this knot is named, and I haven't used it much, but it seems to hold and is super easy to tie.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/14802197/1
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Laughing. Yep.
Originally Posted by TomT
I've always tied a uni to uni for braid to fluorocarbon leader. I never reel the leader through the guides. -TomT

That's what I do.
Good info! Thanks for posting!
He didn't spit on it. Knot foul.

A lot of "expurts" rec 4-5 ft or even more of fluorocarbon leader in clear water.

It would be nice if any have stories to relate that substantiates the need for such.

Suffix Seige mono seems ok for me, but I prefer a small diameter 50-60 lb braid in heavy timber or pads when bass fishing.

Braid doesnt stretch and is more sensitive. If you need a LOT of line then braids small diameter let's you stack on more.
Originally Posted by jaguartx

A lot of "expurts" rec 4-5 ft or even more of fluorocarbon leader in clear water.

It would be nice if any have stories to relate that substantiates the need for such.

Suffix Seige mono seems ok for me, but I prefer a small diameter 50-60 lb braid in heavy timber or pads when bass fishing.

Braid doesnt stretch and is more sensitive. If you need a LOT of line then braids small diameter let's you stack on more.

My buddy is a big proponent of running a flouro leader when fishing walleye. I perplexed him by catching walleye while sitting next to him while running straight braid to a snap, including vermillion red 20lb power pro on the last 2.😁
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Originally Posted by jaguartx

My buddy is a big proponent of running a flouro leader when fishing walleye. I perplexed him by catching walleye while sitting next to him while running straight braid to a snap, including vermillion red 20lb power pro on the last 2.😁

Allright. Good to hear.
Nice knot.

As to why mono on braid, I run 30 or 50# braid on most of my reels. It lasts forever and casts well, however, you snag bottom with either and breaking off can be a SOB. Nice to have some lighter mono to pop when needed. Not to mention shock and presentation.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Nice knot.

As to why mono on braid, I run 30 or 50# braid on most of my reels. It lasts forever and casts well, however, you snag bottom with either and breaking off can be a SOB. Nice to have some lighter mono to pop when needed. Not to mention shock and presentation.

This and when you have a big fish next to the boat to gaff its more forgiving. you have a big fish that decides to head south and you have slack in the braid it will pull the hook.
Tag
That's a neat one. If reeling or casting a knot through the guides, this one is a bit big—advantage FG.
Thanks
TAG
I gave it a try, it is definitely very good, but bulky
© 24hourcampfire