[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Well that sucks.
I'd like to know the story behind that.
Posted By: dale06 Re: $42000 Corvette at Wal-Mart - 04/22/20
That’s real sad.
Posted By: hanco Re: $42000 Corvette at Wal-Mart - 04/22/20
Damn!
Posted By: Pat85 Re: $42000 Corvette at Wal-Mart - 04/22/20
All the vehicles in a walmart parking lot, that's the one that has to get driven over. Unreal.
Posted By: hanco Re: $42000 Corvette at Wal-Mart - 04/22/20
I think 42,000 is a low estimate.
Thats why you need a rusty old F150
If a good reason for that was given, med emergency, etc, I'd need heavy sedation, it not, I'd need a prison cell! mad
Mavis hold mah beer ahm gonna jump that cornvette, just like Evel Kneivel!

He crashed a lot too
Originally Posted by hanco

damn low, around half.
Damn.... Can't stand looking at it. Hope the insurance comes through for the owner. And I'd like to know the story on that, too. There's no way I could park something like that in a Wal Mart parking lot.
Posted By: wango Re: $42000 Corvette at Wal-Mart - 04/22/20
Was that in Ohio ?
Posted By: KFWA Re: $42000 Corvette at Wal-Mart - 04/22/20
The Sheriff's car says Charlotte County I think.
A real eye catcher.
Too bad the drivers wheels followed his eyes.
What kinda dumbshit drives his Corvette to Walmart?

Thats Plymouth Voyager territory.
Posted By: KFWA Re: $42000 Corvette at Wal-Mart - 04/22/20
March 6 (UPI) -- A visitor to a Florida Walmart captured video showing the aftermath of a parking disaster that left a car perched atop a classic 1959 Corvette.

Jason Motz, who posted the video to Facebook, said the Corvette was parked off to one side of the parking lot outside the Edgewood store when a driver "cutting through" the lot turned toward it and accidentally hit the gas instead of the brakes when she realized she was headed for a collision.

The Corvette's owner, Charlotte County Supervisor of Elections Paul Stamoulis, appears calm in the video as authorities and a tow truck work to extract the Corvette from underneath the larger car.

A friend of Stamoulis confirmed the car was a 1959 Corvette.

Commenters pointed out the body of the Corvette appears to be in good shape -- until the side obscured by the car comes into view in the video. The side panel has a vertical tear from the bottom to the hood.

"I felt so bad for the owner. I hate to see such a beautiful piece of machinery looking like that," Motz wrote.
I had a magazine quality custom that was stolen. The insurance company offered $2,000. I told the guy, "That won't cover the pain. I pay for declared value. Check your records." They told me it would take awhile and they would need receipts. "Tell you what. I've been driving it for a while. You give me $15,000 and we'll call it good." "No. We can't do it that way." They supplied me with a rental for three month and finally gave me a check for $16,000. How much would they have saved to cooperate in the first place?!
I wonder if the retard that drove over it carries the state minimum coverage required?
Originally Posted by KFWA
March 6 (UPI) -- A visitor to a Florida Walmart captured video showing the aftermath of a parking disaster that left a car perched atop a classic 1959 Corvette.

Jason Motz, who posted the video to Facebook, said the Corvette was parked off to one side of the parking lot outside the Edgewood store when a driver "cutting through" the lot turned toward it and accidentally hit the gas instead of the brakes when she realized she was headed for a collision.

The Corvette's owner, Charlotte County Supervisor of Elections Paul Stamoulis, appears calm in the video as authorities and a tow truck work to extract the Corvette from underneath the larger car.

Commenters pointed out the body of the Corvette appears to be in good shape -- until the side obscured by the car comes into view in the video. The side panel has a vertical tear from the bottom to the hood.

"I felt so bad for the owner. I hate to see such a beautiful piece of machinery looking like that," Motz wrote.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SHE^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ now I get it! crazy

Yep. I started to reply earlier- female dimocrap.
That’s justifiable homicide right there
Did her text go through?
Posted By: CCCC Re: $42000 Corvette at Wal-Mart - 04/22/20
It's a shame to see such careless damage to a lovely C2, but that body is fiberglass and a first-rate body/paint shop will be able to make it like it was before the stupidity.
Originally Posted by CCCC
It's a shame to see such careless damage to a lovely C2, but that body is fiberglass and a first-rate body/paint shop will be able to make it like it was before the stupidity.

Somewhere, in some warehouse or barn. There are genuine OEM GM fiberglass replacement panels for that car. Finding them is the trick. LOL!!
Posted By: erikj Re: $42000 Corvette at Wal-Mart - 04/22/20
Originally Posted by hanco

Too many dents and scratches grin
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

That would be a good way to wreck a decent Plymouth Voyager.
Posted By: WL205 Re: $42000 Corvette at Wal-Mart - 04/22/20

Lovely indeed. C2 wasn't until 1963
Walmart is farm truck turf. The good rig never goes there. Idiot central.
Ouch! I WOULD BE PISSED!
my uncle had one of those.
Supervisor of Elections for a county of 160000 must make good bank to be able to own that car.

Or, he gets compensated in other ways.

Geno
Originally Posted by Old_Crab
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

That would be a good way to wreck a decent Plymouth Voyager.

I would rather have a 63-4 Plymouth sport fury than the Vette.
KFWA: OHFUCK!
I won't be able to sleep tonight!
Shame.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by WL205

Lovely indeed. C2 wasn't until 1963
Well - yes, you caught it - the "experts" who consider all of the solid rear axle Corvettes a "C1" will say the C2 came in 1963 with the IRS and Stingray body - but if one considers the body change from the 1953 to the next body style (like the one injured here), I like to call that C1 going to C2. I'm just ornery - and label mine a C3.
Posted By: GeoW Re: $42000 Corvette at Wal-Mart - 04/22/20
Ah Hell, that'll buff right out!

somebody had to say it?

g
Originally Posted by gunner500
If a good reason for that was given, med emergency, etc, I'd need heavy sedation, it not, I'd need a prison cell! mad

you're thinking that backwards Jerry....

He'd need the prison cell to save his ass from your appreciation of what he did to your Vette...

a decent cop and judge would sympathize with ya...

I think you originally told me you were from Arkansas...

I've heard.. "he needed killin'" was still a legal defense in Arkansas and Oklahoma....

figured it was some broad, driving like an idiot thru a Wally World parking lot...
what possibly could go wrong....

was the driver trailer trash or from down in the ghetto?
Posted By: JDK Re: $42000 Corvette at Wal-Mart - 04/22/20
Yet another COVID19 casualty.
Originally Posted by Godogs57
That’s justifiable homicide right there

NO kidding. "She" Should have fled the scene.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SHE^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ now I get it! crazy

gunner, that's over in Mr TLee's neck of the woods.
I heard it was Seafire's girlfriend. His wife will be really angry about that. Rustyzipper.
He could have saved a bunch of money by getting a t shirt that says " I HAVE A LITTLE DIK".
Posted By: BobMt Re: $42000 Corvette at Wal-Mart - 04/22/20
Originally Posted by ringworm
He could have saved a bunch of money by getting a t shirt that says " I HAVE A LITTLE DIK".

so any body that has nice things in your world ...has a little dik….must suck to be as broke as you......bob
Posted By: BobMt Re: $42000 Corvette at Wal-Mart - 04/22/20
Originally Posted by Seafire

you're thinking that backwards Jerry....

He'd need the prison cell to save his ass from your appreciation of what he did to your Vette...

a decent cop and judge would sympathize with ya...

I think you originally told me you were from Arkansas...

I've heard.. "he needed killin'" was still a legal defense in Arkansas and Oklahoma....

a lot of big talk over a car....kid ran over then I agree...….bob
Posted By: Pugs Re: $42000 Corvette at Wal-Mart - 04/22/20
You're all looking at this wrong! What a great opportunity for the owner to learn to do fiberglass and paint work "in these troubling times" grin laugh
My question, what in the heck was the Corvette doing in a Walmart parking lot? Is it possible to have insurance on a machine that old and that expensive?
Posted By: RicG Re: $42000 Corvette at Wal-Mart - 04/22/20
The Sheriff's car says Charlotte County I think.

Charlotte County in S.W. Florida. Home of the pacemaker jet-set.
What a shame.

The guy parked away from other cars to prevent door bumps and the likes, and then he gets run over.

The offending driver texting maybe? My money's on that.
Originally Posted by arkypete
Is it possible to have insurance on a machine that old and that expensive?

Why wouldn't the offenders insurance be liable for this?

Originally Posted by muleshoe
Is it possible to have insurance on a machine that old and that expensive?

Why wouldn't the offenders insurance be liable for this?

They are, The question would be how much coverage are they carrying.
Posted By: horse1 Re: $42000 Corvette at Wal-Mart - 04/22/20
Someone should make sure Northern Dave sees this, he can very likely help the owner of the 'Vette.
Posted By: elkmtb Re: $42000 Corvette at Wal-Mart - 04/22/20
There is a 50/50 chance the offender doesn't even have insurance.

there should be a rider on that policy- no walmart trips unless its for a car show more than 150 feet from the door..
Posted By: okie Re: $42000 Corvette at Wal-Mart - 04/22/20
The body is easily reparable by a skilled body tech, its all glass work. Trim pieces damaged may be tough to find but probably not impossible.
I'm guessing the blue car owner does have insurance. It's late model and most likely not paid for. The bank requires insurance.
the photos only show the body damage. I wonder what's messed up underneath that there are no replacement parts for. At least it appears to have missed the axle.
Originally Posted by Pat85
I wonder if the retard that drove over it carries the state minimum coverage required?

Insurance? I don't need no stinking Insurance.
Lucky if he has a drivers license
I feel for the Corvette owner, That's a lot of damage.
Posted By: elkmtb Re: $42000 Corvette at Wal-Mart - 04/22/20
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I'm guessing the blue car owner does have insurance. It's late model and most likely not paid for. The bank requires insurance.

Ha here in texas they sell insurance by the month. Just long enough to get your loan or registration. before you cancel.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: $42000 Corvette at Wal-Mart - 04/22/20
... the state minimum coverage required?

More erosion of our freedoms?
"She" hit the gas instead of the brake.

Yup. Lady driven.
Posted By: BKinSD Re: $42000 Corvette at Wal-Mart - 04/22/20
I bet her insurance pays for hers and his pays for his. Most auto insurance companies consider parking lot accidents to be "no fault."

I insure my Bronco through Hagerty's. Declared value, full coverage, nicely priced insurance for collectible cars. This guy probably did the same.
Posted By: djs Re: $42000 Corvette at Wal-Mart - 04/22/20
Let's hope the blue car has good insurance!
Posted By: BKinSD Re: $42000 Corvette at Wal-Mart - 04/22/20
I guess I don't care about the blue car's insurance. I hope the owner of the white car has good insurance.
Posted By: djs Re: $42000 Corvette at Wal-Mart - 04/22/20
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Supervisor of Elections for a county of 160000 must make good bank to be able to own that car.

Or, he gets compensated in other ways.

Geno

Or, maybe he bought the car cheap in the '60's or '70's and just kept it.
My question, what in the heck was the Corvette doing in a Walmart parking lot? Is it possible to have insurance on a machine that old and that expensive?
My old fashioned belief is that a vehicle is to drive - when I take my '67 Stingray out I try to park it in a safe spot, but I'm gettin' old and won't walk much further than necessary, so it goes into the parking lot for that business. The insurance is reasonable through Hagerty (have a bunch of old trucks with them, too) and I can't worry about it. I paid a whopping $2,100 for that Corvette in 1971 - have driven it almost 100k miles and have done my best to keep it nice. That 1959 will look fine after a good fiberglas guy gets done with it,
t
I bet she hit it on purpose. But she probably didn't mean to drive up on top of it.
I do pre-purchase inspections for prospective buyers of antique and collectible cars. One client in Australia has had me inspect 50+ vehicles over the past 20 years, and he's bought about half of them. Another client from France commissioned me to inspect a numbers-matching 59 Vette with only 17 miles on the odometer since a full restoration. That thing looked like it had just rolled off the assembly line. The asking price was $90K, and I'm pretty sure the buyer would have gotten his money's worth at that price. Once my report is filed, it's seldom I hear from the potential buyer again, except for repeat business, like my Aussie guy. The Corvette had the original 283 V8 engine with a serial number that matched the factory "build sheet" with dual 4 barrel carburetors. It was as good a restoration as I've ever seen. Another one I remember was a Jaguar XKE coupe, with an asking price of $55K and only 37,000 original miles. I have a fun job!
Jerry
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Never knew operating a motor vehicle was a god given right.
A friend was driving his vintage MG to a Fourth of July parade. He was "T-boned on his way to the parade.
Originally Posted by BKinSD
I guess I don't care about the blue car's insurance. I hope the owner of the white car has good insurance.

The white cars insurance company cares if the blue car has adequate coverage to cover the losses.
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Just the opposite. It's protecting my freedom to drive. I have the right to be compensated if someone hits me. If they have the money to be self insured, that's fine, but I have to be compensated somehow.
© 24hourcampfire