Home
Posted By: Tarquin Native American horn bow.... - 04/23/20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULVQuCbkFjQ
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: Native American horn bow.... - 04/23/20
Very cool, wish I had that kind of time. " Use that patch before you loose all your fingers" Bear Claw Chris Lapp...
Don't know why the natives didn't simply use epoxy and some carbon fiber. crazy Sheesh! Would have been so much easier.
Good Video. ck out Tom Lucas video as well. Tom is a friend . I have shot one of his bows, that was going to a museum. Pretty awesome.
Posted By: Boise Re: Native American horn bow.... - 04/23/20
Sleeping with the rodents. I slept once in a cave, once was plenty enough to learn when the cave floor is covered with poo the place is loaded with rodents.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Native American horn bow.... - 04/23/20
Amazing the patience that it takes to do it right.
Where was that filmed?
Posted By: Lonny Re: Native American horn bow.... - 04/23/20
Makes me feel like a complete hack making something with modern tools after watching that. The guy is patient and skilled. Makes you appreciate the skills of ancient people, but you can see why they went nuts over something as simple as a nail when it became available.
Posted By: DBT Re: Native American horn bow.... - 04/24/20
Fantastic work. The bow looks magnificent, priceless.
Outstanding.👍
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Where was that filmed?

Not in Alaska as they said early on... no oaks, no snakes.
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Where was that filmed?

Not in Alaska as they said early on... no oaks, no snakes.

The Hudson Bay blanket jacket would suggest Canada but reading some comments I discovered the artisan is Bulgarian.
Too jagged of terrain to be the central Appalachians, not enough conifers to be the Rockies or the northern or southern Appalachians.
Balkan Mountains in Bulgaria would be my guess.
New Mexico or Southern Utah
© 24hourcampfire