Home
https://nypost.com/2020/04/27/ive-w...-and-i-say-its-time-to-start-opening-up/
Who gives a schiit? A Bronx doctor doesn't know [bleep] about epidemic dynamics. Way too big picture for someone like that.
By big picture you must mean dragging this out as long as possible to further destroy the economy and hurt Trumps chances for re election. Big picture for you communists always includes more death, pain, and suffering to advance your political agenda.

Bb
LOL
But he might know $h!T about how the treatment protocols are changing. I mean, actually being there and all, treating patients and stuff, while you and I are here having this conversation. I take it you believe you know more about it than him?

KC
Originally Posted by BoltactionMan
But he might know $h!T about how the treatment protocols are changing. I mean, actually being there and all, treating patients and stuff, while you and I are here having this conversation. I take it you believe you know more about it than him?

KC

About treatment protocols? Heck no. That would be his baliwick. But as for "opening up" - yeah, I might know more about it than him.
Leroy,

Are you ready to prove to us that you're not a lesbian?

LMFAO
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

KC

About treatment protocols? Heck no. That would be his baliwick. But as for "opening up" - yeah, I might know more about it than him.

You sure as helll don't know more than him as far as we know. Put up or shut up you leftist piece of crap.

Perhaps you should answer Flave??

KC

So if you are a doctor in NY, presumably in that position seeing a lot of cases and you start seeing fewer cases, or you start seeing greater success in treatments or you start noticing a lessening severity, possibly due to a growing natural resistance; you think his opinion holds no more weight than yours or mine, I've never even laid eyes on a victim of the virus. How about you? Treated anyone with the disease?

I agree Leroy, statistically, you might know more than him about it. But I would take that bet that you don't. I mean " start" opening up is a mighty big target

KC

KC

You might?

I might?

Then again, without proof, logic also says we might not know more about it than him.

Geno
All this advice from folk that probably didn’t pass high school advanced math.
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco

Exactly. Worse, they don't even know why math matters, much less how to use it. THAT is the problem, and that is why the Bronx doctor that knows all about treating individual victims doesn't know schiitt about "opening up" anything bigger than a patient.
Only folks that want to drag this out are dems, govt workers and those making more from unemployment than their job.

Exactly. Worse, they don't even know why math matters, much less how to use it. THAT is the problem, and that is why the Bronx doctor that knows all about treating individual victims doesn't know schiitt about "opening up" anything bigger than a patient.

You say that with such surety Leroy.

How do you (or we) know what that Dr's education and background is? For all you (we) know, he has a Master's degree in epidemiology along with his MD. Odd are he at least had a course in it at Med School.

Have you studied epidemics? Maybe epizooitcs at least?

I've never been much concerned with what you do or do not post, Leroy, but just what do you do and, if you're not willing to tell, is it at least relevant to the issue being discussed? Please give an example of relevancy.

Geno
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Only folks that want to drag this out are dems, govt workers and those making more from unemployment than their job.

Or maybe just people that want to stay alive.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

How do you (or we) know what that Dr's education and background is? For all you (we) know, he has a Master's degree in epidemiology along with his MD. Odd are he at least had a course in it at Med School.

I've never been much concerned with what you do or do not post, Leroy, but just what do you do and, if you're not willing to tell, is it at least relevant to the issue being discussed? Please give an example of relevancy.

Geno

Medical doctors on the front line don't have time to study epidemic dynamics. They invested all of their studies in treating sick individuals, not populations. it's like asking an infantryman what he knows about conducting an entire global war. Generals are trained for that, not infantrymen.

Indeed, maybe I have so studied something relevant. Have you ever read a simple introductory text on SIR models (that would be Susceptible, Infectious, Resistant (or Recovered, if you prefer)) models of disease and how disease spreads? You don't need to get fancy. You can find them in many an applied mathematics or applied biology libraries.

Well then stay your sorry liberal ass at home and let everyone else do what they do you piece of sheit.

WTF is the problem with letting people go on with life do what they want/need to do. And dumb asses like you can stay home and suck their thump.

How about that Fugg Stick
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42

Well then stay your sorry liberal ass at home and let everyone else do what they do you piece of sheit.

WTF is the problem with letting people go on with life do what they want/need to do. And dumb asses like you can stay home and suck their thump.

You can't possibly be that clueless. Or can you? If only what you do would affect no one else. Sadly, and above your pay grade, that is not the way it works.

LB,
Do you realize, you parrot everything that MSN and CNN talking heads are saying?

At some point I would think a normal, rational thinking person would find something they would disagree, or at the very least, find difficult to go along with 100%.

You, not so much...You’re like listening to cable news for Liberals.

😎

If that was the case they wouldn’t be obese. Text and drive. Smoke. Eat pork. Do drugs. Swim with sharks. Etc. etc.
Originally Posted by Beaver10

LB,
Do you realize, you parrot everything that MSN and CNN talking heads are saying?

At some point I would think a normal, rational thinking person would find something they would disagree, or at the very least, find difficult to go along with 100%.

You, not so much...You’re like listening to cable news for Liberals.

😎

If that's true, then they are taking their cues from scientific perspectives, not political ones, 'cuz that's where I'm coming from. You can learn it yourself, or just keep your head in the sand. You don't have to listen to the media. Dig out the biology and the math and learn for yourself, free of political bias.
Your choice.
Hahaha!

Come with me if you want to live!

You are a hysterical old broad there Leeroy.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Hahaha!

Come with me if you want to live!

You are a hysterical old broad there Leeroy.

Laugh all you want Jim but stay safe. And be really careful if you don't know what that means in this case. You and your family depend on not being stupid right now.

You can't possibly be that clueless. Or can you? If only what you do would affect no one else. Sadly, and above your pay grade, that is not the way it works.

If you and others that fear everyone else stay at home and don't have any contact with the outside world you all wouldn't have anything to worry about now would you.

Fuggin dumb ass....

GFY

If you and others that fear everyone else stay at home and don't have any contact with the outside world you all wouldn't have anything to worry about now would you.

Fuggin dumb ass....

GFY

No one is entirely walled off from the outside world. You can figure this out. Keep thinking - or maybe I should say, START thinking.

Come on, you can do it.

Fuggin dumb ass....

GFY

No one is entirely walled off from the outside world. You can figure this out. Keep thinking - or maybe I should say, START thinking.

Come on, you can do it.

I'd be embarrassed if I had been sucked into it too.

Geno

Medical doctors on the front line don't have time to study epidemic dynamics. They invested all of their studies in treating sick individuals, not populations. it's like asking an infantryman what he knows about conducting an entire global war. Generals are trained for that, not infantrymen.

Indeed, maybe I have so studied something relevant. Have you ever read a simple introductory text on SIR models (that would be Susceptible, Infectious, Resistant (or Recovered, if you prefer)) models of disease and how disease spreads? You don't need to get fancy. You can find them in many an applied mathematics or applied biology libraries.

Why do you say that Medical Doctors "on the front line" don't have time to study epidemiology. Doctors are like other people, if it interests them they study it. If it interests them, and can be used as part of their continuing education, they may even become expert at it. Or, as I mentioned, perhaps the Bronx doc studied it in school, maybe even took extra credits in it, above and beyond what was necessary for an MD.

They invested all of their studies in treating sick individuals, not populations.

Really? Honestly, REALLY?

That wasn't my experience in getting a degree in the "animal sciences". Population level studies and the effects of disease causing organisms on a population were emphasized quite a bit. The whole purpose in treating sick individuals, exhibiting symptoms of an epizootic disease is precisely that of attempting to keep it from spreading to the population under your care. (in the case of animals, sometimes the treatment is euthanasia, with humans it's hard to make a case that we should just whack the sick ones once diagnosed with "agent X" shocked )

As far as the SIR models you're referring to, do you now work, or have you worked in the past, within the parameters of those models? For a living? Preventing, diagnosing, treating, recommending corrections to systems to prevent reoccurrence of a pathogen in a population of any type of organism, human or not?

I have. I retired from a career raising animals (sometimes hundreds of thousands, maybe a million critters on station) , diagnosing, treating, preventing the spread of lethal and non-lethal parasites, bacteria (including mycoplasmas), and yes, even viruses. I spent a couple of years of that career actually working in a major laboratory responsible for inspecting, diagnosing, recommending treatment, even recommending "depopulating" (another one of those things that doesn't go over so well with the general public eek) Federal/State and at times Private facilities. I took that path in my career because it interested me and would help further my abilities to raise critters in a healthy environment.

I guess one might say I have a pretty good grasp of "diseases" and how they spread. And how to contain them. And how to help prevent them. And Isolation and Quarantine procedures.

Have you ever had to keep 10000 organisms alive once a pathogen gets into the rearing area, while keeping it from spreading to the rest of the "population" in the facility? Ever had to clean, pressure wash, disinfect with chlorine a major animal rearing facility? Ever have to recommend what drug to treat which disease with, or perhaps just change environmental conditions to alleviate the problem? Some of the organisms I worked with were of a highly political nature too, one didn't want to f'up and kill any, if you get my drift, unless of course one wanted a free trip to DC to be "interviewed" by Nancy Pelosi and Kevin McCarthy and their friends.

When you say you
maybe I have so studied something relevant
could you expound upon that a bit? I'm still not sure your studying didn't just encompass googling a wikipedia page, or perhaps even going to a scientific journal or two.

Maybe your experience parallels or even tops mine?

I still believe there is nothing logical preventing the NY doc from having knowledge of viral epidemiology.

Do I believe he's correct in saying we should "get back to work" so to speak? I don't know, and I'm willing to admit that. But that's not what we started out discussing.

Enjoy your evening, I am.

Geno
Decisions being made without consulting those who actually do the job? Absolutely.

Decisions being made with consulting those who do the job and deciding to ignore their expertise? Absolutely.

Front line workers not seeing the big picture and only their piece of the process? Absolutely.

Truth is probably a mixture of all of it. Shutting down the American economy and suspending rights without communicating the definition of success is a recipe for disaster. I wish we could save everyone, I do. It's not only unrealistic, but impossible.

I don't know the perfect solution. At this point, I'd rather go forward with a good plan now rather than wait for the perfect plan at some unknown, unspecified, and undefined date.
Different experts give different answers, some say it's time to open the economy now, while others say that opening the economy too early may leave us vulnerable to a second wave of infections and a second round of lockdown....so who is right and how do we know?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/dr-erickson-covid-19-briefing/vi-BB133JTK

These guys ARE ER docs WITH biochemistry immunology backgrounds and they recommend opening the economy back up....You tube has removed this video because it does not follow the liberal (your) fearmongering. These Professional are not alone. Study THAT...
Originally Posted by okie
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/dr-erickson-covid-19-briefing/vi-BB133JTK

These guys ARE ER docs WITH biochemistry immunology backgrounds and they recommend opening the economy back up....You tube has removed this video because it does not follow the liberal (your) fearmongering. These Professional are not alone. Study THAT...

They are professional like NFL football players. Professional in an irrelevant manner.
Originally Posted by Dess

I don't know the perfect solution. At this point, I'd rather go forward with a good plan now rather than wait for the perfect plan at some unknown, unspecified, and undefined date.

That's exactly what we are doing in most states. Adapting as we go. So far, I'd say we are doing pretty well. Let's not screw it up, especially to save someone's political bacon.
Who gives a schiit? A Bronx doctor doesn't know [bleep] about epidemic dynamics. Way too big picture for someone like that.

BUT contrarily, YOU do know ALL about epidemic dynamics, and understand THE BIG PICTURE right?

Typical democRAT leftist Attitude... YOUR TYPE always think you are smarter than everyone else in the room..

of course, you have an income stream, While others are out of work....your welfare checks are coming in right on time...

Talk about Shoveling Schitt.......and Just WHAT EPIDEMIC FIRING LINE, do you happen to be serving on?
and where did you get your Medical and Economic Degrees from? A Crackerjacks Box?
or was it out of a box of Lucky Charms?

For a Leftist Moron, YOU think awfully highly of yourself, and actually think your two cents is swaying anyone's opinion, or influencing anyone's view, except you fellow camfire DemocRATS... on the conservative side of the fence, we refer to that
as a Circle Jerk....
Oh lb has no credentials and does not have any expertise in what he is Commenting on, just regurgitating what he reads on commie sources..

They are professional like NFL football players. Professional in an irrelevant manner.

You are clueless. Your avatar is fitting though a BIG "L" Loser

Leroy the Loser

Irrelevance is your forte.....Leroy the Loser

There are interviews available from medical doctors that also have economic backgrounds and they say open it up but that does not fit the liberal fearmongering narrative.

The governors of Texas and Oklahoma (that are being advised by many types of professionals ) ARE opening up.

Leroy the LOSER
Originally Posted by Seafire

BUT contrarily, YOU do know ALL about epidemic dynamics, and understand THE BIG PICTURE right?

Typical democRAT leftist Attitude... YOUR TYPE always think you are smarter than everyone else in the room..

of course, you have an income stream, While others are out of work....your welfare checks are coming in right on time...

Talk about Shoveling Schitt.......and Just WHAT EPIDEMIC FIRING LINE, do you happen to be serving on?
and where did you get your Medical and Economic Degrees from? A Crackerjacks Box?
or was it out of a box of Lucky Charms?

For a Leftist Moron, YOU think awfully highly of yourself, and actually think your two cents is swaying anyone's opinion, or influencing anyone's view, except you fellow camfire DemocRATS... on the conservative side of the fence, we refer to that
as a Circle Jerk....

She's the big L.... the avatar says it all....

Leroy the Loser
LB needs a little time in prison. The prisons are filled with people of the same ilk.
Y'all are pretty funny. Many thanks for the entertainment.
Originally Posted by Seafire
?

as a Circle Jerk....

I don't think my two cents will sway anyone here. That's not my goal.

Keep on havin' fun.

The governors of Texas and Oklahoma (that are being advised by many types of professionals ) ARE opening up.

And what types of professionals are they? ICU medics? CEOs , oil CV company executives, or just major GOP donors? Maybe 24hrcampfire kahunas? Tell us how you know?

Leroy, you need to log off computer and shut it down. There is speculation in more liberal circles that the virus is being transmitted thru keyboard contact and the only hope of surviving this is complete isolation of your computer. We can't afford to lose you in such a senseless manner, we need you buddy for future crisis. If not for yourself, do it for us.
how much are you being paid for your part?

And what types of professionals are they? ICU medics? CEOs , oil CV company executives, or just major GOP donors? Maybe 24hrcampfire kahunas? Tell us how you know?

why are you so scared......I mean really why the panic......schitt happens all the time.....I think this is serious anything that can kill you usually is

but people keep chugging along living their life.. have since the beginning of time.....this is no reason to change that now...….bob
Originally Posted by blanket
how much are you being paid for your part?

Oh, hundreds of thousands for sure. Maybe millions... smile

Seriously? You need to start thinking.

Oh yeah I found your facebook page...

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009298200219 Manager at McDonalds and former hot dog stand taste tester...

Leroy the Loser

Oh sorry got it wrong. You're a cashier at McDonalds. I apologize...
YouTube/Google and Leroy the Loser do not approve of this message and therefore will be removing it from any and all media sites immediately!

"I don't think my two cents will sway anyone here. That's not my goal."

Leroy the Loser has a goal....
The degree of censorship by the left is directly proportional to their seathing anger over WINNING.
Leroy, is your morning going well? Perhaps so well you haven't had time to reply to my question from my post above, wherein I explained my background in dealing with infectious diseases?

I'll pose the question again for you. It will give you an opportunity to show you know what you are talking about.

When you say you

could you expound upon that a bit? I'm still not sure your studying didn't just encompass googling a wikipedia page, or perhaps even going to a scientific journal or two.

I still believe there is nothing logical preventing the NY doc from having knowledge of viral epidemiology.

Do I believe he's correct in saying we should "get back to work" so to speak? I don't know, and I'm willing to admit that. But that's not what we started out discussing.

Geno

So, maybe you have so studied something relevant. Care to explain as I did?

Geno

About to be replaced by a kiosk and phone apps
Originally Posted by slumlord

About to be replaced by a kiosk and phone apps

Dude, you know that means those type folks will just have more time on their hands to post here?

Geno
Leroy, is your morning going well? Perhaps so well you haven't had time to reply to my question from my post above, wherein I explained my background in dealing with infectious diseases?

I'll pose the question again for you. It will give you an opportunity to show you know what you are talking about.

When you say you

Geno

Geno

No, I don't care to.

There is nothing preventing a Bronx bus driver from having knowledge of viral epidemiology as well. More likely that one of them would be moonlighting from his day job as a Columbia University grad student where he was just putting the finishing touched on his dissertation entitled, "The Global Ecological Dynamics of Emergent, Infectious Diseases Under Conditions of Spatially Imperfect Quarantine".

I realize the original point of all of this is lost on you, and I really see pretty much nothing in your background but what suggests that you also are unlikely in the extreme to be able to expound upon a title such as that, but this is not news.
So, pre oct. 2016 you were an Epidemiologist, what was your handle here then?

When you say you

Geno

Geno

No, I don't care to.

There is nothing preventing a Bronx bus driver from having knowledge of viral epidemiology as well. More likely that one of them would be moonlighting from his day job as a Columbia University grad student where he was just putting the finishing touched on his dissertation entitled, "The Global Ecological Dynamics of Emergent, Infectious Diseases Under Conditions of Spatially Imperfect Quarantine".

I realize the original point of all of this is lost on you, and I really see pretty much nothing in your background but what suggests that you also are unlikely in the extreme to be able to expound upon a title such as that, but this is not news.

Wow, just wow.

Cool beans Leroy. But it still doesn't answer why you think an ER doctor can't have an informed opinion of where we should go next.

Geno
Originally Posted by Raeford
So, pre oct. 2016 you were an Epidemiologist, what was your handle here then?

You tell me. Then we will both know.

I love it when people make up such crap and then obsess over their own hallucination.

When you say you

Geno

Geno

No, I don't care to.

Wow, just wow.

Cool beans Leroy. But it still doesn't answer why you think an ER doctor can't have an informed opinion of where we should go next.

Geno

Perhaps you can explain why he should? I'll bet on the bus driver however. Much more likely and I always play the house on probability wagers.
"Wow, just wow.

Cool beans Leroy. But it still doesn't answer why you think an ER doctor can't have an informed opinion of where we should go next."
Geno

They can but *Only* if it fits the Liberal agenda.
"Wow, just wow.

Cool beans Leroy. But it still doesn't answer why you think an ER doctor can't have an informed opinion of where we should go next."
Geno

Don't you think, "Wow, just wow" has become mighty cliche and boring here on the 'fire? You really need to work on some more creative expressions of your unbounded wonderment.

I didn't realize that bus drivers were part of the liberal cabal, but I learn something everyday.

I think I'll stick to listening to credentialed epidemiologists and associated scientists and leave you to your agenda laden selection of uncredentialed believers.

I am curious, you being such an accomplished disease biologist yourself, if you can explain what about CV19 has changed so that is no longer the threat that it was on the first of March. Do tell. There are some answers to be had, but let's see you list and quantify them sufficiently.
You weren't speaking to me, Shirley.

When you say you

Geno

Geno

No, I don't care to.

What a vivid little imagination you have there! Can we make the busboys nuclear physicists with superpowers?
"Wow, just wow.

Geno

I think I'll stick to listening to credentialed epidemiologists and associated scientists with a liberal leaning agenda and leave you to your fellow patriots who are unbrainwashed by the MSM.

I fixed it for you homo... whistle grin

Seriously? You need to start thinking.

Oh yeah I found your facebook page...

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009298200219 Manager at McDonalds and former hot dog stand taste tester...

Leroy the Loser

From his facebook page:

Lives in : Afrine, Halab, Syria

sez it all.....friggin Raghead....

Apparently, neither did the "experts".
© 24hourcampfire