Home
I just tested positive. No major symptoms. Just an occasional cough and phlegm in my upper chest. I had a procedure scheduled for Monday and the Covid19 test was just pre-procedure protocall. Anyone else on here test positive?
I have not been tested. Hope you have one of the many trouble free experiences with it.
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
I just tested positive. No major symptoms. Just an occasional cough and phlegm in my upper chest. I had a procedure scheduled for Monday and the Covid19 test was just pre-procedure protocall. Anyone else on here test positive?

Geeze...no schit?

How long you been "symptomatic"?
I haven't had the flu or a cold in like 7 years. I'm not going to jinx anything.
Good luck anyway.
Good luck, hope it goes away!
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I just tested positive. No major symptoms. Just an occasional cough and phlegm in my upper chest. I had a procedure scheduled for Monday and the Covid19 test was just pre-procedure protocol. Anyone else on here test positive?

Geeze...no schit?

Since January 2020. Had a more severe cough and upper respiratory phlegm, so went to the doctor, they did a nasal swab and said I had a virus, but couldn't pinpoint it. Gave me some antibiotics, which helped, but I've never completely kicked the cough and phlegm. County health official called me today to notify me, and just talking to her, she said they had cases with infection lasting 70 days. I think I may have picked it up back in January, but never got sick enough to be hospitalized. Who knows.
Fugg.......thats what I have.
Fugg.......thats what I have.

Go get a test Jim.
Been sick since the end of December.

Two rounds of antibiotics. Never fully went away. Still fighting it some.

Friend of mine went through 4 rounds.

Had sore muscles...hurt from coughing.....tingling fingers.

Sporadic taste and smell loss....now I am deaf in left ear.

Frogsnacks!

Frogsnacks!

All of those are symptoms of Kung Flu according to the county health official that interviewed me today.
Hahaha!

I just gotta be THAT guy dont I?

Fugg.

Figures.
Only been one case in the county, 90 year old nursing home resident. She had recovered and had been sent back to the home before they got the test back. 2 weeks ago and no further cases.
A guy in town here just tested positive for antibodies. He was sick in November, supposedly.
I have not been tested but the end of February i got waylaid by a bug that had me running a fever for a couple days with a hard cough. Felt like crap for about a week. Maybe i had the rona?

Well....anyway....terrible glad you are on the mend.
Glad your OK OrangeOkie ! Take care !
The earlier you get treatment started the better. Don't mess with that stuff. 5 days of meds and you are a new person.
I go into the test lab in the morning for a blood draw,EKG and that darn long q-tip probe into my nose.

Don't have a clue of a time frame of when they will have results.
Good Luck Oo.

Just got my antibody test results back today. Negative.
Hahaha!

Fugg.

Figures.

did u test +...?

So no fever ???
Originally Posted by sse
Hahaha!

Fugg.

Figures.

did u test +...?

I dont test well.
Luckily, no.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by sse
Hahaha!

Fugg.

Figures.

did u test +...?

I dont test well.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
KungFuKing
I just tested positive. No major symptoms. Just an occasional cough and phlegm in my upper chest. I had a procedure scheduled for Monday and the Covid19 test was just pre-procedure protocol. Anyone else on here test positive?

Geeze...no schit?

Since January 2020. Had a more severe cough and upper respiratory phlegm, so went to the doctor, they did a nasal swab and said I had a virus, but couldn't pinpoint it. Gave me some antibiotics, which helped, but I've never completely kicked the cough and phlegm. County health official called me today to notify me, and just talking to her, she said they had cases with infection lasting 70 days. I think I may have picked it up back in January, but never got sick enough to be hospitalized. Who knows.

Did you get a viral particle test (swab) or an antibody test (blood)?

Do you anticipate treatment?
Originally Posted by Mac84
I have not been tested but the end of February i got waylaid by a bug that had me running a fever for a couple days with a hard cough. Felt like crap for about a week. Maybe i had the rona?

Had the same thing about the same time but I just walked it off. The next week the wife caught something that knocked her right into the recliner for a week of coughing and feeling like a truck ran over her.

I told her that we both had probably dodged a bullet.
Kingston, My wife and I both got the nasal swab today. Burned real bad and made my eye water.
Got a phone call an hour ago a worker in the office mail room had tested positive.I work in IT but the entire building is now closed until May 18.
Yup. I tested positive (self test based on symptoms) in late December.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

What?

This isn’t testicular cancer.
Originally Posted by kingston

What?

#atoneBro’

What?

#atoneBro’

Covtards will blindly accept that the ozone hole is causing glaciers ta melt, which explains why the cubes in your glass are smaller than they should be, but demand a peer reviewed, double blind study before they'd believe the sun's comin up tomorrow.
There’s no way I’m lining up to self-flagellate with the self diagnosers.

#moneyshot
Only person I know that tested + is a 24/7 stoner that smokes a pack of Camels a day.

Said he had a scratchy throat. Smoked weed until it was gone.

That means weed is the miracle cure....lol.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Only person I know that tested + is a 24/7 stoner that smokes a pack of Camels a day.

Said he had a scratchy throat. Smoked weed until it was gone.

That means weed is the miracle cure....lol.

Did you see the French study that found cigarette smokers had lower rate of infection?
http://www.rfi.fr/en/science-and-te...-nicotine-could-protect-against-covid-19
I don’t buy the nicotine angle, but smoke and heat, etc. etc.

Well for sure one doesn't want to be using a bong or an ice cooled water pipe then....................Just toke up a big ol' spliff and have at it.

Geno
I have a neighbor about a block away, she is related to my father as a distance cousin. She and her husband have been tested positive for the virus, and she starts out having MS as well. This could go very badly.
I recieved a text last night, that two other relatives also have the virus in another state.
Hahaha!

Fugg.

Figures.

Jim, I know it's a long drive,

But perhaps a trip to a town with a real doctor might be in order?

That family of yours needs you around. If'n you're coughin' so hard you make racing stripes in the Union Suit............might be time for a road trip.

Geno

Why don't you buy the nicotine angle? I would have assumed that to be a likely reason. Can't really see heat being a factor, but maybe there is another compound in tobacco that might be responsible? Either way, best get on the darts..
Originally Posted by xxclaro

Why don't you buy the nicotine angle? I would have assumed that to be a likely reason. Can't really see heat being a factor, but maybe there is another compound in tobacco that might be responsible? Either way, best get on the darts..

I do have a good reason. It just seemed to be too direct\obvious to assume nicotine was the key. There’s lots of stuff in cigarette smoke. Jumping straight to nicotine seemed a leap. It might be a factor or even the key, but this study doesn’t support any theory about a mechanism of action centered on nicotine, nor was it intended to.
Originally Posted by Mac84

That's exactly what I had. January 24th, the same day my cousin died of colon cancer. I ran a fever for 2 days then had a mild dry cough. It felt like I had to clear my throat but couldn't. It took almost a month to go away.
I had symptoms(headache, fever, dry cough, fatigue) for a week. My doc said ride it out, called another and they tested me friday a week ago. Negative. But I havent gone back to work yet. They gave me prednisone, that made me wired but tired. Sinus issues hit last tuesday, aches and pains about the same time. Today, 2 weeks later, I dont feel real bad. Just runned down.

I smoke. Had positive cases at work. Not sure I trust the tests(nasal). One things certain, I never had shortness of breath to where id get dizzy or lightheaded. Not sure what got me. Probably just a regular cold. Doubt ill be approved for an antibody test since I came back negative. But I would do one in a heartbeat just to see.

That would be a "diagnosis" based on signs and symptoms, if done by a real doctor.

You have a "feeling". wink
My sister and my best friend (two different people) both tested positive two weeks ago. Both work as nurses in nursing homes- one in CT, one in OH. Both have been around patients who died from it. Both of them had minimal symptoms themselves. Sister had a few aches, attributed it to working 7 days a week for the previous 3 weeks, a little cough, but then she lost all sense of smell and taste. She has was born with a hole in heart. Best friend got a very mild fever. He takes fitness somewhat seriously and enjoys running some. Neither experienced anything more than a mild cold. Both have since been "released" by their health departments 14 days later.

I have a feeling that me and my family had it in December, but don't know that for a fact. Whatever we had was really rough on me and my wife, daughter not so much. We're around 50, daughter is 11.
Originally Posted by ironbender

That would be a "diagnosis" based on signs and symptoms, if done by a real doctor.

You have a "feeling". wink

Counting probables is approved now, it's all the rage in NY.

Kent
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Luckily, no.

[Linked Image]

Ok, that's funny.

Frogsnacks!

And ur just now getting a clue? Sheesh, Jim, has ur wife had illness also.
No.

No one from the whole family is sick.
Just you, huh? Well, uh, that's ok, I guess. wink
Well...couple of snotty noses here and there.
© 24hourcampfire