Home
Posted By: Bristoe Toilet paper expedition - 05/06/20
The toilet paper aisles have been empty around here for weeks. Our supply was getting low and I was bored, so I picked a little town on the map about 50 miles from here and drove there today. I had never been there before.

I located a little grocery and went inside. I had my choice of five or six different brands of toilet paper. The meat shelves were well stocked, also.

The barber shop and a Mexican restaurant was open. In fact, every thing in town seemed open.

It felt like I was in the land that time forgot.
Posted By: efw Re: Toilet paper expedition - 05/06/20
You risked your life for TP?

Prayers sent.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Toilet paper expedition - 05/06/20
Good for you!

That's the way the whole country should have been from the beginning.
Posted By: Dryfly24 Re: Toilet paper expedition - 05/06/20
Shhhh.... the PC gestapo will be surrounding that little Burg in full SWAT gear before you can say CORONA VIRUS!
Posted By: kid0917 Re: Toilet paper expedition - 05/06/20
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The toilet paper aisles have been empty around here for weeks. Our supply was getting low and I was bored, so I picked a little town on the map about 50 miles from here and drove there today. I had never been there before.

I located a little grocery there and went inside. I had my choice of five or six different brands of toilet paper. The meat shelves were well stocked, also.

The barber shop and a Mexican restaurant was open. In fact, every thing in town seemed open.

you need to get out, more.
lol
Posted By: deflave Re: Toilet paper expedition - 05/06/20
Was everybody dead?
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Toilet paper expedition - 05/06/20
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
Shhhh.... the PC gestapo will be surrounding that little Burg in full SWAT gear before you can say CORONA VIRUS!

I don't know.

The Kentucky Governor is on TV every day talking about the dangers of COVID-19. But there's been very little arm twisting about it. Early on, a few people got fussed at, but it kind of died out.

You can feel it in the air around here that people are getting tired of the whole thing. The hospital my wife works at is preparing to start doing elective surgery again. The big Toyota plant is getting ready to go back to work,..and even the Governor said that restaurants should start opening up again in a few days.
Originally Posted by deflave
Was everybody dead?

The girl running the checkout at the grocery was alive.
Posted By: deflave Re: Toilet paper expedition - 05/06/20
Originally Posted by deflave
Was everybody dead?

The girl running the checkout at the grocery was alive.

Must have been one of those Swedish grocery stores I keep reading about.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Toilet paper expedition - 05/06/20
They sell meat balls?
Posted By: smokepole Re: Toilet paper expedition - 05/06/20
They sell meat balls?
Swedish Grocery Team looking for some TP boys.
Posted By: JohnnyLoco Re: Toilet paper expedition - 05/06/20
Originally Posted by efw
You risked your life for TP?

Prayers sent.

Thats funny as hell right there...Thanks!
Posted By: jimdgc Re: Toilet paper expedition - 05/06/20
Plenty of toilet paper down this way, but no hair cuts. I’ve been risking my life letting my wife cut my hair.
Bought some a Walmart yesterday. 4 rolls for 68 cents. Probably had built in ass covid.
I don't know for sure, but I assume the local places have toilet paper if you get there early enough.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Toilet paper expedition - 05/06/20

Our local Wally World......had my brand in stock.........

But the ______ raised the price from .50 cents a roll to almost a buck a roll..........

SO...........I only use half as much now............

speaking of Wally World

https://www.therichest.com/shocking/20-photos-of-walmart-shoppers-that-dgaf/
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Our local Wally World......had my brand in stock.........

But the ______ raised the price from .50 cents a roll to almost a buck a roll..........

SO...........I only use half as much now............

whats that brown schidt under my nails ?
Posted By: Poconojack Re: Toilet paper expedition - 05/06/20

Installed a toilet seat bidet about 6 weeks ago, toilet paper use is down 80% or so. Looking back it was a very good move.

I located a little grocery and went inside. I had my choice of five or six different brands of toilet paper. The meat shelves were well stocked, also.

LOL. Cool. I guess there are some places that forgot to hunker down.
Why isn't every grocery store cashier dead as a hammer? Every dang one of them must been exposed to 500 covid assymptomatics.
Posted By: k20350 Re: Toilet paper expedition - 05/06/20
Local grocery store near me has all the TP and meat you want. Wal-Mart out on the main road..................Gotta wait in line to get in.
Posted By: tmitch Re: Toilet paper expedition - 05/07/20
Yesterday I found the first TP I've seen on shelves since this crap started. Good thing too, I was down to my last 2 rolls. Was about ready to install a kitchen sprayer on the toilet. Best deal at the store was beef tenderloin for $6.99 per pound. Thought there was a meat shortage?
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Toilet paper expedition - 05/07/20
Originally Posted by Poconojack

Installed a toilet seat bidet about 6 weeks ago, toilet paper use is down 80% or so. Looking back it was a very good move.

Money poorly spent. You should use the Jim Conrad Montana Bidet method.

You crawl up on your kitchen sink, get the spray hose going and turn on the sink disposal unit and let’er rip.
Posted By: BulletBud Re: Toilet paper expedition - 05/07/20
Do like the French Special Forces- the Green Bidets
That sounds like a glorious day. Good for you ,buddy.
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: Toilet paper expedition - 05/07/20
They don't have such issues in Iowa, they have plenty dried cob's...
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Toilet paper expedition - 05/07/20
Google will be tracking you now....
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Toilet paper expedition - 05/07/20
Hell Bristoe.
If ya woulda let me barter/ give ya sonething in exchange for the redfield receiver sight.
I can send ya a 48 roll package of 2 ply for it still.

Khan/ wife has built up a reforger pomcus site of strategic supplies.
Frigging woman wont quit her crack cocaine shopping addiction.

I swear ta god we have enough TP to last 18 months.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Toilet paper expedition - 05/07/20
I appreciate the offer. But we're stocked up well enough now.
My wife likes to grocery shop too.

She bought a bunch of big roasting chickens during one of her recent shopping trips. About once a week she gets bored and hits the kitchen. A couple of days ago she roasted a chicken,..made dressing, gravy, mashed potatoes,..

It's been like Thanksgiving around here.

There's just the two of us here and I'm content just to snack on whatever I find in the fridge and pantry. But when she gets on one of her cooking kicks, she'll fill the table up.

We've got enough leftovers to feed on for the rest of the week right now.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Toilet paper expedition - 05/07/20
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Money poorly spent. You should use the Jim Conrad Montana Bidet method.

You crawl up on your kitchen sink, get the spray hose going and turn on the sink disposal unit and let’er rip.

The disposal died years ago.

Garden hose works better. Saves on septic system.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Toilet paper expedition - 05/07/20
Yeah, my wife went on her semi annual cooking splurge yesterday.
Pot roast and gravy, mashed potatoes[enough for six at least], corn on the cob, huge salad, biscuits, fried apples.

Tonight will probably be A fish stick and 7 french fries.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Toilet paper expedition - 05/07/20

Well, yeah, but now your towels smell like azz.....

laugh laugh
Posted By: akasparky Re: Toilet paper expedition - 05/07/20
Notta chance..

[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]
Posted By: Squidge Re: Toilet paper expedition - 05/07/20
Our local Costco has been well stocked the last several times we have been in the store.
Posted By: hanco Re: Toilet paper expedition - 05/07/20
Originally Posted by akasparky
Notta chance..

[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]

Saving paper!!
Posted By: EdM Re: Toilet paper expedition - 05/07/20
My wife likes to grocery shop too.

She bought a bunch of big roasting chickens during one of her recent shopping trips. About once a week she gets bored and hits the kitchen. A couple of days ago she roasted a chicken,..made dressing, gravy, mashed potatoes,..

It's been like Thanksgiving around here.

There's just the two of us here and I'm content just to snack on whatever I find in the fridge and pantry. But when she gets on one of her cooking kicks, she'll fill the table up.

We've got enough leftovers to feed on for the rest of the week right now.

She sounds a lot like me...
There's a few things that I know how to cook. Mostly things that I consider special treats,..like lasagne or speghetti made from fresh garden tomatoes.

But I've never been much on cooking. I'll stuff a bologna and cheese sandwich in my face and I'm good for most of the day.

In fact, I really like a sandwich made from good bologna with havarti cheese on fresh bread with mayo and mustard.

Also, great northern beans poured over buttery cornbread fresh from the oven is one of my special treats.

I get along pretty good with simple food.
© 24hourcampfire