Home
Note: Birmingham has passed an ordinance requiring that a mask be worn in public -- Enforcement begins for Birmingham's face mask ordinance

Birmingham police officer under investigation after taking down mask-less woman at Walmart
By Carol Robinson | [email protected]

An altercation between a Birmingham police officer and a woman over the woman’s apparent failure to wear a mask at a store was captured on video and now has prompted an investigation.

The incident took place Tuesday night at Walmart in Roebuck. Video of the incident has been shared thousands of times on Facebook and shows the officer handcuffing a woman who is not complying. He then picks her up and takes her to the ground.

He ultimately gets her handcuffed and she is seen in later video standing with no apparent injuries. It appears she then spit at another woman while she was in handcuffs.

Little is known about what led up to the incident before the videos were recorded. Efforts to reach supervisors at the store weren’t successful.

Birmingham police spokesman Sgt. Rod Mauldin said the officer was off-duty and working security for Walmart. He said the department is aware of the video and released this statement:

“The same day the interaction occurred immediate actions were taken for the sake of public trust and transparency.

"A preliminary investigation consistent with the Birmingham Police Department reportable use of force protocols were immediately initiated and investigators of the Internal Affairs Division are conducting an investigation. This protocol applies for all use of force incidents that occur within the Birmingham Police Department.

"We understand we are operating in trying times. The Birmingham Police Department has maintained a consistent community oriented educational approach to the surrounding circumstances of Covid-19. As a department we have been successful in our efforts to gain compliance and cooperation from the vast majority of citizens in Birmingham. Our records indicate, we have not issued any citations or made arrests as it relates to the shelter in place ordinance or the face covering ordinance. We have made a valiant effort to gain voluntary compliance and we will continue to work cohesively with the community.”

From al.com
Did he shoot her dog?

I feel much safer now. Thank goodness for these brave officers of the law.
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Did he shoot her dog?

He went home alive; that’s all that matters...
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Did he shoot her dog?

Yes indeed, brave and committed.

It's a wonder these officers and protectors of the Constitution make it home safe and sound every night. Thank God he made it home safely, thank God. The Country would be in total anarchy if it were not for these brave soles.

Praise the Lord, for the LEO in today's America.
And amazingly, only 16 seconds of the encounter was available!!!!
As gun owners, we should take pride and be assured that these compassionate and reasonable defenders of our constitutional rights and all that is holy and right in our country will never transgress and attempt to deprive us of our sacred 2nd amendment rights.
Did he "Trump" her during the take down?
Groid. She probably needed it.
I echo the concerns of those who are aghast at how the LEO attacked this poor, law-abiding African American woman. I've lived in majority black areas for a good part of my life (Brooklyn, before the hipsters, and Oakland CA, also before the hipsters). Ain't NO way that the woman was looking for a fight, creating a nuisance or threatening the officer. That simply is not done in the African American community.
Cops have no fn business messing with people because they don't have a mask on. Go out and catch dope dealers, purse snatchers and DUI suspects I'm all for beating some bad guy's azz, just leave the law abiding citizens alone.
Just another day in Birmingham.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Just another day in Birmingham.

Yep
Face slam on hard concrete floor. That's gonna leave a mark.
Yeah,....the city is going to have to pay for that floor.
They just need to start shooting all these non-mask wearing psychos on sight.
That'd teach um.
They must be thinkin' they live in a free country or sumtin'
Let um stuff their rights up their gawd damn azzes for a change.
This is a new day. And a new way.
Fight it like a commie puzzy or give in like a real man should...

Praise the Lord we have LEO's armed, willing and ready to teach these pukes what I want them to do...
[Linked Image from petalatino.com]
The Rosa Parks of our time
Originally Posted by Orion2000

Looked like it to me
I'll leave this here for mirage123:

Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by smokepole
Has nothing to do with Colorado. Local PD, every place has a few Barney Fifes here and there.

That sheit didn't happen in Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, Texas, etc. So yes, I think it does have a lot to do with Colorado. Most of the fuqkery you hear about of government over reach comes from Cal, Co, Wa, NY, NJ, etc[

Has nothing to do with Colorado. Local PD, every place has a few Barney Fifes here and there.

That sheit didn't happen in Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, Texas, etc. So yes, I think it does have a lot to do with Colorado. Most of the fuqkery you hear about of government over reach comes from Cal, Co, Wa, NY, NJ, etc[

Just remember that Birmingham is a world of its own compared to most of the rest of Alabama.

The mayor of Birmingham:
[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

The Birmingham city council:

[Linked Image from al.com]

The Birmingham city police chief:

[Linked Image from police.birminghamal.gov]
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Cops have no fn business messing with people because they don't have a mask on. Go out and catch dope dealers, purse snatchers and DUI suspects I'm all for beating some bad guy's azz, just leave the law abiding citizens alone.

I don't know a single cop that wants to pull mask duty at the local Publix.

They're told to be there and assist the stores with non-compliant individuals.
You couldn’t pay me enough to do that job in that town.
The cop just used the incident as an excuse to grab her crotch.
Originally Posted by deflave

Are you suggesting that things may not be exactly as they appear? When did we quit trusting journalists to deliver the unvarnished truth?

This from the write up:

"over the woman’s apparent failure to wear a mask."

So they have admitted that they don't really know.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Are you suggesting that things may not be exactly as they appear? When did we quit trusting journalist to deliver the unvarnished truth?

This from the write up:

"over the woman’s apparent failure to wear a mask."

So they have admitted that they don't really know.

I'm betting she made the mistake of thinking he was a store employee and asked where the donuts were.......
Originally Posted by Beoceorl

Just remember that Birmingham is a world of its own compared to most of the rest of Alabama.

Understood and I'm not ripping on Alabama, that would be stupid.

I don't know a single cop that wants to pull mask duty at the local Publix.

They're told to be there and assist the stores with non-compliant individuals.

So when cops are told to disarm law abiding US citizens you believe they'll only be doing their job? Guess that makes cops public enemy number one in my way of thinking. Some will follow orders straight to he'll if told too.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Groid. She probably needed it.

She needed a kick in the azz for sure after mouthing off like that but that idiot Cop could have killed her very easily with that "takedown". Who the F trains these cops?

So when cops are told to disarm law abiding US citizens you believe they'll only be doing their job? Guess that makes cops public enemy number one in my way of thinking. Some will follow orders straight to he'll if told too.

Yes they will be doing their jobs.

There will always be somebody willing to enforce unconstitutional laws.

How you view cops is up to you, but just remember they're only enforcing the laws that were put into place by your municipality, county, or state.
That man will never eat another sandwich with that hand.......and how about that community organizer in the back ground acting all indignante !
That move really seemed to get the gal in the background animated.

Understood and I'm not ripping on Alabama, that would be stupid.

No problem. I know you weren't picking on Alabama.

Yes they will be doing their jobs.

There will always be somebody willing to enforce unconstitutional laws.

How you view cops is up to you, but just remember they're only enforcing the laws that were put into place by your municipality, county, or state.

I feel you right that's sarry but true. Just because it's the law doesn't make it right.

Yes he did he grabbed her by the *****. I took karate and aikido for 3 years they never taught us that move, the "behind the butt ***** grab." Looks very effective for a takedown, as long as, you don't get your hand, or forearm, stuck.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

Yes he did he grabbed her by the *****. I took karate and aikido for 3 years they never taught us that move, the "behind the butt ***** grab." Looks very effective for a takedown, as long as, you don't get your hand, or forearm, stuck.

Jim Conrad does it all the time down n the farm, you just have to know how to break the suction and get free.
Cop is lucky no one shot him.
As is often the case, there is a lot more to the story than what is shown in the video, and reported in the original story. In fact the bit about the mask appears to be completely made up by bystanders, or (gasp) the news media.

Birmingham police spokesman Sgt. Rod Mauldin said the reason for the officer’s contact with the woman was for disorderly contact and not just the mere violation of an ordinance requiring face coverings.

...Tuesday’s incident began when the officer, who was working an extra security job for Walmart, heard the woman yelling obscenities toward customers and employees. “The female continued and was asked to leave the store. However, she refused,’’ Mauldin said. “The officer began to detain her, however she continued to resist. The officer used a takedown measure to gain control due to the other threat factors in the store.”

Woman faces charges after altercation with officer at Birmingham Walmart
By Carol Robinson | [email protected]

A woman faces multiple charges after an altercation with a police officer at a Birmingham Walmart. The altercation was captured on cell phone video.

Authorities have not released the woman’s name but said Thursday she has been charged with disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, third-degree criminal trespassing, possession of marijuana and unlawful possession of a controlled substance. She was in the Birmingham City Jail, but it wasn’t immediately clear whether she was still behind bars Thursday.

The incident took place Tuesday night at Walmart in Roebuck. Videos of the incident have been shared thousands of times on Facebook and show the officer handcuffing a woman who is not complying. He then picks her up and takes her to the ground.

Birmingham police spokesman Sgt. Rod Mauldin said the reason for the officer’s contact with the woman was for disorderly contact and not just the mere violation of an ordinance requiring face coverings. “We understand we’re operating in trying times,’’ Mauldin said in a video statement. “The Birmingham Police Department has maintained a consistent, community-oriented educational approach to the surrounding circumstances of COVID-19.”

No one has been arrested or issued a citation for violating the mask or Birmingham’s stay-at-home ordinance.

Mauldin said Tuesday’s incident began when the officer, who was working an extra security job for Walmart, heard the woman yelling obscenities toward customers and employees. “The female continued and was asked to leave the store. However, she refused,’’ Mauldin said. “The officer began to detain her, however she continued to resist. The officer used a takedown measure to gain control due to the other threat factors in the store.”

The woman was not injured, and she refused medical evaluation, Mauldin said.

As is standard procedure for all ‘‘use of force’’ incidents within the department, Birmingham’s Internal Affairs Division is looking into the officer’s actions. No additional information has been released.

From al.com
Did the store mgr have customers wear a mask or not.

If they say, no guns allowed, do you wear your gun in.

They need cops posted at the 15 item counters for the black entitled dimocraps with lone star cards with 32 items.
Certainly not the same city I grew up in any more.

Birmingham police spokesman Sgt. Rod Mauldin said the reason for the officer’s contact with the woman was for disorderly contact and not just the mere violation of an ordinance requiring face coverings.

From al.com[/quote]

Whoa, no way. I would have guessed things were exactly as the media portrays.
Cop is a POS and Birmingham is a [bleep] hole.
© 24hourcampfire