Home

https://www.yahoo.com/news/william-shatner-stormtrooper-star-wars-163753261.html
Is it illegal to be a nutcake? If so the jails are gonna be full.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Can't wait till Halloween when the brown shirts start taking out the rest of the armed dress-ups. 10 year old Cowboys and Indians beware.
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As subjects of the Crown they probably will not even be required to apologize. Some people are so nuts about that crap here they have big gatherings and spend thousands on their outfits!
another fine example of law enforcement
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Is it illegal to be a nutcake? If so the jails are gonna be full.

Do you mean the woman dressed up as the storm trooper?
She was paid to dress up as one and stand outside the restaurant as a promotion for May the fourth day.
may the force be with you/may the fourth be with you.
Star Wars geeks came up with that years ago and celebrate it every year.
wow. machine gun and everything, to arrest a girl... nice move blocking the video with the police pickup truck.
more to the story?? or just Canuck cops who need to find work somewhere.?
Was her blaster on the banned list
Just Storm Troopers protecting their monopoly.
The forth was with them.
SpaceBalls or GTFO.....

I don't think that was the droid they were looking for..
Stormtroopers don't represent a threat anyway - they can't hit a thing

Maybe the cops were expecting:

https://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia%2Fcommons%2Fthumb%2F0%2F07%2FFrance1918.jpg%2F300px-France1918.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FStormtrooper&tbnid=Gc3QByp_LbLPBM&vet=12ahUKEwinjuGK9KLpAhV7DLcAHR1lB0IQMygAegUIARCDAg..i&docid=8crW_dRjFqzk-M&w=300&h=430&q=german%20stormtroopers&ved=2ahUKEwinjuGK9KLpAhV7DLcAHR1lB0IQMygAegUIARCDAg
Originally Posted by 700LH
another fine example of law enforcement

Cops being cops

With the Covid shutdowns they needed some exercise and she was convenient.
I usually support the cops but that was a major case of stupid right there.
That was probably her CV19 protection. Just being safe.
This is my home town, embarrassing over reach of power.
I heard about that on the radio but this is the first time I saw the video. It's pretty disgusting. Any news on what happened to that woman after they got her down to the station? Sure hope she has some legal recourse.
And this happened in Alberta would've thought more like Quebec.
persiandog;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope the day treated you acceptably and this finds you well.

The video incident took place in Lethbridge, Alberta.

The young lady in the Storm Trooper suit was employed by the restaurant and was doing so as part of her job.

Lethbridge's finest showed up, did not engage in dialogue other than "get down" and then tackled her, causing a bloody nose.

They claimed after the fact that she didn't comply quickly enough, but the video evidence shows otherwise.

It's making all sorts of news up here across the medicine line, none of it good and none of it in favor of the Lethbridge PD.

We'll see what it costs the constables involved, but in my view - and most Canadians who watch the video - it's excessive and there should be sanctions up to and including finding employment in another field.

Thanks for the sharing the video sir, all the best to you folks and stay well.

Dwayne
Somebody needs to tell those idiots that it was a movie.They are not real.
She can be thankful she wasn't a Polish visitor with no English. The RCMP murder those.
This was the Lethbridge city police; the same police force represented by the officers who killed the injured deer by running over it three or four times. The requirements for joining can't be too stringent. GD
Were they still polite?
Could've been worse if she was dressed as Darth
Originally Posted by BC30cal
persiandog;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope the day treated you acceptably and this finds you well.

The young lady in the Storm Trooper suit was employed by the restaurant and was doing so as part of her job.

Lethbridge's finest showed up, did not engage in dialogue other than "get down" and then tackled her, causing a bloody nose.

They claimed after the fact that she didn't comply quickly enough, but the video evidence shows otherwise.

It's making all sorts of news up here across the medicine line, none of it good and none of it in favor of the Lethbridge PD.

We'll see what it costs the constables involved, but in my view - and most Canadians who watch the video - it's excessive and there should be sanctions up to and including finding employment in another field.

Dwayne

thanks , I am a bit surprised , I assumed they are better trained.
Originally Posted by persiandog
persiandog;

Dwayne

persiandog;
Thanks for the reply sir.

We'd assumed the same thing actually.

As I say, this is getting all sorts of traction for Lethbridge PD and none of it is good.

Stay well sir.

Dwayne
So then the cops in Canada are just as bad as the cops in the USA? Who would guess it?
The fact she was advertising for the restaurant puts a whole new twist on things and makes it sad comedy, really...
Can you imagine if this crew was dropped into the middle of Times Square on a busy weekend prior to Covid ? ... Unbelievable...
Cops being cops!!
Originally Posted by persiandog
persiandog;

Dwayne

It seems their training missed the part about identifying fictional soldiers from a galaxy far, far, away....
Originally Posted by kid0917
I don't think that was the droid they were looking for..

....... LOL

So what in the world did they arrest her for? Is it illegal to wear a costume in public up there or something? I really cannot figure out why they arrested her
If she would have had her gun on just stun it would have been legal. I used to believe nobody could be as stupid as portrayed. I was wrong big time. It’s the cops against us mentality that brings this on. Ed k
They should have known that she wasn't a threat because she didn't have a RCMP costume on...
Originally Posted by ERK
If she would have had her gun on just stun it would have been legal. I used to believe nobody could be as stupid as portrayed. I was wrong big time. It’s the cops against us mentality that brings this on. Ed k

Only in the inept minds of the power tripping cops. It only took three cars of them and I hope upon hope the good residents of that community takes out their trash and all of them are fired not only from their jobs but from the profession they are obviously not qualified to hold.
Makes one wonder who are the real storm troopers?
If they had only knew !

Look, cops just want to go home safely at the end of the day. You civilians don't know, she could have pulled out a blaster next, or that could have been a bump stock
© 24hourcampfire