Home
I have a lot, some of you probably have more. Seems like I’m always buying tires. I didn’t count my lawnmower. Some of you farmers have a bunch!

Two trucks. 8 tires
Wifey auto. 4. “
Jeep. 4. “
Trailer. 4 “
Trailer. 4. “
Trailer. 2. “
Boat. 4
Camper. 4 “
Camper. 4. “
Polaris. 4. “
Tractor 4 “
46 damn tires

How many do you have on the ground???
92, unless I forgot something.
I did it’s 106
Ronnie
Probably close to 100 plus a bunch of tracks.
72 tires.
2 tracks.
A bit north of 90 for sure, I seem to keep remembering more. Plus plenty of tracks here as well.

Osky
Sam Olson and Jim Conrad need to add 'em up...

That'll be interesting to see which one of them wins! laugh

My money is on Jim though. wink
Quickly I added up 112.

Too dang many.

And I’m shopping for another outfit and another trailer.
one ton=6
2.5 ton=6
3 more pickups and a car=16
two campers=8
two g necks and a dump trailer=12
small trailers=4
ATV=4
Rokon=2
two tractors=4
12each tires on various implements
three hay balers and a swather=8

I think that's 82 I am going to quit there before I remember another as that is pretty depressing....
50ish
I'm stuck in the bottom of the pack at 42.
Damnations!!! I’m a lightweight! I don’t have cshit compared to you gentlemen
Are we counting bicycles too?
Im a minimalist
The less tires the better, I have 108 plus spares. Tires and batteries are expensive, and batteries don't last for crap anymore.
Only 24, but 8 are flat. The big concern is the four on the truck. They need to be replaced. The tires are in their last year at 56K. I'm certain that most people don't push them that far. The tread is worn even and still in service specification. Looking for advice on 285/60-R20 E HD AT tires. I'm looking at the Toyo HT II
62, living in town, no ag connections, with 2 licensed drivers in the family (no unlicensed drivers).
46 as well.
North of 50 + spares
Only 34. I saw a bumper sticker "IF IT HAS TIRES OR TITS IT WILL CAUSE YOU GRIEF"
Lots, none of them " damned". Jake might win the prize. By the way, what is the prize?

F150 and a mountain bike
...and now you understand the genesis of the wheel tax. Trivial until you add up all the wheels.
32,Not including the lawnmower, I never counted them up before, it’s a lot of tires $$$$.
Originally Posted by nighthawk
...and now you understand the genesis of the wheel tax. Trivial until you add up all the wheels.

What's a wheel tax?

I've heard of a tire disposal fee, but not a wheel tax...

Is that on top of the tax per gallon of fuel you buy at the pump?

Sounds like a tax for a tax, for a tax.
I counted batteries once and it was over 75.

A tire count will take some time!
About 44-46 tires on the ground. But frankly, I have more trouble keeping up with "occasional use" equipment batteries. Dang things are expensive. And as noted above, anymore, they don't seem to last more than 2-3 years...
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I counted batteries once and it was over 75.

A tire count will take some time!

laugh

I knew it! smile
I am already over 200 just on heavy trucks and trailers.

Its probably closer to 300 once its all counted.

I haven't even had any coffee yet!
22 on one rig...

I ain't even going to try to count them all. Too depressing...

Dammit!

Your air compressor ever shut off, or does it just run constantly? grin
I'm a rubber pauper compared to some of you guys.

3 street vehicles - 12
Rzr - 4
garden tractor - 4
3 tandem trailers - 12
3 single axle trailers - 6
hand truck - 2

ttl 40
My truck. 4
Wife’s car 4
Tractor. 4
Mower 4
Sports cars. 20
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Dammit!

Your air compressor ever shut off, or does it just run constantly? grin

We run 6 compressors......so they share the load somewhat!
hanco........A bunch!

* Truck, Toyota 4-Runner, Suzuki Jimny - 12
* 2 Polaris Rangers, 1 4-wheeler - 12
* boat trailer. - 4
* utility trailer. - 2
*Hydraulic Dump trailer. - 4
* lawn mowers, associated equipment. - 14
* Class C motor home (6), 5th wheel RV (6). 12
* Tractor. - 4

Total on the ground - 64 pneumatic tires.......unless I missed something! Add to that ....... 9 spares

Total - 73 tires Far too many! grin memtb

Addendum: Add (8) more tires for other small equipment! Up to 81 now! frown

44 of them after a quick mental count.
motorcycles 4
street vehicles 8
ATV 8
trailers 12
tractors and farm 16
yard 7

total 55
I didn’t count spares, got a dozen of them moves me up to about 60. I knew some of you all big operators would be eaten up with damn tires.
36 counting all trailers, spares, tractor, manure spreader, and two trucks
I am a rancher/farmer, I can not fathom this number, but with every thing you drive and pull, I'm at 126, my God I have way to much stuff, but still have to buy tires for them. Robert
Do junk tires count?
Originally Posted by hanco
I have a lot, some of you probably have more. Seems like I’m always buying tires. I didn’t count my lawnmower. Some of you farmers have a bunch!

Two trucks. 8 tires
Wifey auto. 4. “
Jeep. 4. “
Trailer. 4 “
Trailer. 4. “
Trailer. 2. “
Boat. 4
Camper. 4 “
Camper. 4. “
Polaris. 4. “
Tractor 4 “
46 damn tires

How many do you have on the ground???

Did you count the spares?

I did. 29. Plus a couple worn out ones I use for under stuff on occasion, like transporting an outboard in the pickup bed.. And irritating my wife.
53 counting the wheelbarrow...

What's a wheel tax?

I've heard of a tire disposal fee, but not a wheel tax...

Is that on top of the tax per gallon of fuel you buy at the pump?

Sounds like a tax for a tax, for a tax.

Maybe he was referring to the tire excise tax put on in (I think) WWII as a "temporary" measure. Yeah, right...
33 pneumatic, not counting bicycles.

Fun thread.

Forget the winter tires (currently not rolling).

Update total 45.
40 not counting the kids’ stuff.

Just added up their stuff...20 more! And all of it trips you trying to walk through the barn!
We are all doing our best to keep the rubber plantation owners in business.

I'm just a piker.

12 auto/truck tires (on the ground, 8 more winter treads in the shop)

2 cargo trailer tires

4 tractor tires

4 garden cart tires

1 wheel barrow tires.

I don't count the lawnmower as it's got plastic wheels on it.
We have a “wheel tax” they tack it onto your license plate renewal. It’s about $35.

They say it’s for for the children, aka education sticker goes on the bottom corner of your license plate. However they get large chunk of the property tax too.

We also get the up front fee when you buy tires. About 1.50 per tire. THEN, if you get tires put on somewhere, you get disposal fee. About the same thing. $1-2 per tire.

I take my tires home after a new tire instal and they still charge me the disposal fee. I tell the bastards I burn them, lol
Lots of smart MFer’s sitting around thinking up ways to tax your ass!
28 pneumatic ties including wheel barrows.

I feel inadequate now but glad I don't have some of ya'lls tire bill.
Just 29 here.

I'm not counting my wheel burrow because I replaced that sucker with a solid rubber "no flat" tire years ago.
I love the wheel tax! My property straddles the county line. The property tax on 20 acres in one county is almost equal to the tax on 80 acres in the other, and the 20 is unimproved farm land. The 80 acre parcel has my home and several outbuildings on it. There's only one difference- - - -Lincoln County Tennessee has a wheel tax- - - -Giles county doesn't. That means LaQueesha and DeVontay who live in public housing and collect welfare and food stamps still get to contribute to the county budget if they want to drive their blinged-out Escalade with the 24 inch wheels and spinner hubcaps. That's the only thing of value they'll ever own, from cradle to grave, and they damn well need to pay a little tax of some sort sometime in their lives. Giles County social parasites from the projects vote the wheel tax down every time it comes up on the ballot. That leaves us property owners to carry the full load of county administration expenses, and it sucks!
Jerry
I’ll play along

I’ve got 7 “daily drivers” with current tags and insurance =28

2 tandems, and a 5x8 trailers = 10

2 wheelers , 8

Farm jeep 4
Farm Ford Explorer 4
Tractor 4
Camper 4

Im not counting mowers, tillers, wheel barrows, appliance dollies, bikes, because...that’s just stupid 😐
And you know there awaits out there somewhere...the king of ONE-Up-Manship that will crap out some astronomical number to make others seem less significant than his own Never-Go-Outside Self.
I've got 80 on the ground and another 12 on the rack. Damn, I haven't counted them all up before no wonder the tire store knows me by name,lol
My 100 estimate was way low. I missed a couple semis and lowboy trailers. Gravel trucks, scrapers etc.
Add in the tires on toys like ATV's, planes, go-karts etc. and I easily exceed 200.
Some are $50 tires but start adding up the cost of tractor and scraper tires and it's upsetting to my stomach.
I just hauled in a full pallet of junk batteries and I have another one ready to go. No wonder I'm always broke.
I need to downsize.....
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
I love the wheel tax! My property straddles the county line. The property tax on 20 acres in one county is almost equal to the tax on 80 acres in the other, and the 20 is unimproved farm land. The 80 acre parcel has my home and several outbuildings on it. There's only one difference- - - -Lincoln County Tennessee has a wheel tax- - - -Giles county doesn't. That means LaQueesha and DeVontay who live in public housing and collect welfare and food stamps still get to contribute to the county budget if they want to drive their blinged-out Escalade with the 24 inch wheels and spinner hubcaps. That's the only thing of value they'll ever own, from cradle to grave, and they damn well need to pay a little tax of some sort sometime in their lives. Giles County social parasites from the projects vote the wheel tax down every time it comes up on the ballot. That leaves us property owners to carry the full load of county administration expenses, and it sucks!
Jerry
Devonté. lol

There’s one in every woodpile.
Big W900 Kw, 20
1 ton, 6
Big tractor, 6
Little tractor, 4
Z71, 4
BMW, 4
Viper, 4
Benz, 4
'70 alcohol Hemi Cuda, 4
'69 Blown alcohol Hemi Road Runner, 4
'69 Street Road Runner, 4
'52 Power Wagon 1 ton, 4
VW, 4
ATV, 4
Gooseneck trailer, 8
Light trailer, 4

Forgot a few too, guess the OP meant ALL tires on the ground.

Garden tiller, 2
Yard and garden trailers, 4
Pressure washer, 2
20' Batwing cutter, 8
Small cutter, 1
oxy/acetylene dolly, 2
moving dolly, 2
Battery charger, 2

What's a wheel tax?

You have a vehicle registration fee and the state/county/city wants more. So instead of raising registration fee they authorize a "wheel tax" add-on which they try to pass off as a sort of use tax. All those extra wheels are wearing out the road so pay up sucker.
Wife’s car. 4
My truck I, 4
Boat trailer 4
Looks like 12.
24. Not bad for a city boy.

4 motorcycles = 8

3 trailers = 8

2 cars = 8
I've got a bud that's a pretty big time farmer for these parts & I asked him this question, actually suspecting it would get him started. He's earned all he's got & that's a lot, but still can poor mouth with the best of them.

He gave me a number, something like 192, heck I can't remember, & then proceeded to tell me exactly how many @&#%^& batteries he had, & every-time he turned around he had to by more #@#%^*^&% batteries. @$^%$% batteries, I hate buyin @$%^^&^ batteries, he said. Seems like all I get done is fixin %%$%%^% tires, or goin to town after @#$$%%^ batteries.

Damn, all I could think during this was, he's worth a few million, but having to fix tires & buy batteries sets him off. I was sorry I ask.
Tacoma and 4runner TRDs that's 8 BFG AT2s, 4 wheeler has 4 dirt devils. Boat trailer has 2 whatevers. Thats it for me

Nothing i hate more than buying tires
Up here if a farmer isn't complaining about something his friends start planning the wake. We hunted Old Tony's farm, an uncle married one of his daughters. One year Tony was bitching about how grain prices were depressed and how he and his kids worked hard all year and made no money. Dad was a tolerant fellow but Tony went too far and Dad mentioned the new pickups in the yard, one for Tony and each of his kids. Tony hemmed and hawed and mumbled that they needed the new trucks for farm work. Dad let it drop. Tony finally stopped whining. Being a respectful little kid I just took it all in as a lesson in the ways of South Dakota farmers.
I forgot about the two hay rakes , cultipacker , two Ag sprayers , two mowers and counted none of the spares. There are more I am sure. I need to have an auction....
Originally Posted by hanco
Lots of smart MFer’s sitting around thinking up ways to tax your ass!

I would puke if I had to pay tax like you guys.
48 personal including pick ups , Jeep, wifes car, motorcycles and Atv....has to be another 75 plus counting the business.
2200 plus
Lots of tires
Thats the cheap part..

Billy
Only 22, but the dam things are organic, tree sap, and they rot.
Do we count those on the trailer roof?

mike r
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Do we count those on the trailer roof?

mike r

smile smile smile smile

Of course. Under or over, they all serve a purpose.
Originally Posted by Chaser
2200 plus
Lots of tires
Thats the cheap part..

Billy

Been waiting for the owner of a trucking company to chime in. Or a used car lot.

Blow everybody out of the water.
Four.
75. No wonder the tire guy drives a better pickup than I do...
Sam Olson and Jim Conrad need to add 'em up...

That'll be interesting to see which one of them wins! laugh

My money is on Jim though. wink

I'm thinking Jim wins as well!

Give me a minute to verify..
Light weight, only 20. Talking about license fees, wheel tax. Just paid the tabs for a '14 2500HD, $567. Sucks to be me.
Originally Posted by smithrjd
Light weight, only 20. Talking about license fees, wheel tax. Just paid the tabs for a '14 2500HD, $567. Sucks to be me.

LOL.

Not too bad. My dually is coming due before too long... 6 tires.

Still better than buying new tractor tires, though. Those hurt.
Yep, my truck is due as well. Looks like about $1200 for decent ones. Moving soon, will not be paying that much for tab again. Actually 24 tires, forgot the 5th wheel..
Counting our personal chit and farm stuff...

Pickups & SUV. 28

Tractors. 36

Trucks. 58

Trailers. 14

ATV/UTV. 8

Grader & scraper. 12

Swather & old square baler. 8

Pumps. 4

Implements. 87

Probably a few things I can't remember but it comes out to around 260 tires.

Bought two new front tires for the swather yesterday.

$1560.

Easy money in this farm game!

Originally Posted by SamOlson
Counting our personal chit and farm stuff...

Pickups & SUV. 28

Tractors. 36

Trucks. 58

Trailers. 14

ATV/UTV. 8

Grader & scraper. 12

Swather & old square baler. 8

Pumps. 4

Implements. 87

Probably a few things I can't remember but it comes out to around 260 tires.

Bought two new front tires for the swather yesterday.

$1560.

Easy money in this farm game!

That makes you the WINNER!

Right? whistle

LOL

I finally replaced all 6 of my big shredder tires this year. 20ply airplane tires, then foam filled... About 100 pounds each. And over $200 each. eek
That set of tracks cost 20,000.
Tits, tires and tracks. A set of fake boobs are way cheaper than some of the tracks on my big dozers.
Would not want to even think about tracks for big equipment. Belts/tracks on a snowmobile cost enough already.
1 work van =4
4 chevy 1/2 trucks=16
2 trailers=8
2 farm tractors=4
wife car=4
6 harley davidson in the garage=12
1 motorcycle trailer =2

too dang many at 50
you know what a pain in azz it is to go to the dmv.! thats not counting the lawn mowers or farm trailer thats another 14 tires for off road.
just 24
With out thinking hard can. Get 160
© 24hourcampfire