Home
Posted By: nighthawk Hearing Problem - 05/08/20
It's National Public Radio spring membership time. Here's what my radio said:

"The cat is on your lap, your PJs are on, you're holding a book and streaming NPR classic radio. Yadda yadda yadda send us some money"

But what I hear: "The cat is on your lap, your PJs are on you're holding a book and streaming NPR classic radio. You get an erection under your PJs and the cat is eying it like she's discovered a new scratching post. Time for kitty's flying lesson!

Well, never mind. I like what I hear better.

Btw, if you throw a cat against a wall feet first, do they stick?
Posted By: TheSOB Re: Hearing Problem - 05/08/20
Mine hasn't yet. Will keep you posted.
Posted By: efw Re: Hearing Problem - 05/08/20
I don’t have a cat and my boxer shorts are my pajamas.

Oh and most importantly I don’t listen to NPR, tho a guy in footy jammies with a feline in his lap probably would listen to NPR.

I do have a genuine hearing problem tho. Wife comments on it all the time; she can hear my podcasts from half way up the block each evening as I approach the house.

Hearing protection wasn’t as popular when I was a kid as it is today...
Posted By: nighthawk Re: Hearing Problem - 05/08/20
Dad had a real hearing problem too, Artillery, and would come up with some selective hearing winners. Made me stuff cotton in my ears when shooting. Not recommended these days but good enough to put me in the normal old fart hearing range. Used to be able to hear TV horizontal oscillators sweeping the screen at 15,734… Hz (NTSC analog) That I don't miss.
Posted By: benchman Re: Hearing Problem - 05/08/20
Yeah, at least it's good for some recreation. At 65, I have no normal hearing left. VA is gonna give me hearing aids after this covid crap.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Hearing Problem - 05/08/20
Terri Gross can suck my sweaty balls
Posted By: nighthawk Re: Hearing Problem - 05/08/20
Dad got them from the VA and what tickled him most was being able to hear the birds in the back yard. Funny, they didn't help his selective hearing with Mom so much. smile
© 24hourcampfire