Home
Posted By: Henryseale Face Mask Irony - 05/09/20
Stopped by my local Sam's Club pharmacy this afternoon to pick up a couple of prescriptions. They had a supply of face masks available at the register and I picked up a box. When I got back to my truck I examined the box...Made In China. What's wrong with this picture?
Posted By: efw Re: Face Mask Irony - 05/09/20
I’d suggest it’s be a major challenge to find much NOT made in China at Sam’s Club.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Face Mask Irony - 05/09/20
Most of our medical stuff, including the drugs, are made in China. Hopefully that will change now but it will take time.

If we stopped all China imports right now, this country would come crashing down. People have no idea how many crucial items aren't made in the US at all any more.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Face Mask Irony - 05/09/20
The transition will come but will take time.
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Face Mask Irony - 05/09/20
Don't breath through them and disinfect your hands after touching them...
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Face Mask Irony - 05/09/20
I buy nothing Made in China
Posted By: dale06 Re: Face Mask Irony - 05/09/20
Don’t forget the millions of tons of agricultural products we sell to China.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Face Mask Irony - 05/09/20
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Really? Please elaborate.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Face Mask Irony - 05/09/20
I want to know exactly what Reloder28 does buy. Because if he typed that post on a computer or a phone, he's mistaken - or lying.
Posted By: deflave Re: Face Mask Irony - 05/09/20
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

He's typing on an old Singer.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Face Mask Irony - 05/09/20
Originally Posted by Henryseale
Stopped by my local Sam's Club pharmacy this afternoon to pick up a couple of prescriptions. They had a supply of face masks available at the register and I picked up a box. When I got back to my truck I examined the box...Made In China. What's wrong with this picture?

Walmart is the capitol of cheap Chinese crap.
Posted By: Ejp1234 Re: Face Mask Irony - 05/09/20
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I want to know exactly what Reloder28 does buy. Because if he typed that post on a computer or a phone, he's mistaken - or lying.

First thing I thought too lol... i started laughing instantly.
Posted By: Partagas Re: Face Mask Irony - 05/09/20
I laughed and thought of my dad and many of the recently retired guys I worked with. They are clueless when it cones to buying things in a grocery store or Walmart etc because the wife always took care of all that. They rarely buy anything unless it's at a hardware store. And then most likely they are buying at least some things from China.

The fact he is on an internet forum shows some promise though. One of the guys still at work is 72 he still has a flip phone and with help just made his first online purchase a few months ago. He doesn't text and is your classic old curmudgeon.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Face Mask Irony - 05/09/20
so just fatback, molasses and salt peter?
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Face Mask Irony - 05/09/20

Originally Posted by RockyRaab

There's just no reasonable alternative.. right now.
Originally Posted by efw
I’d suggest it’s be a major challenge to find much NOT made in China at Sam’s Club.

Including most non-food items at Walmart, clothes at Costco, and Cabela’s now that Bass Pro Shops has introduced their cheap Redhead line there.

And the clothes, anyway, are almost universally of poor quality, wash up badly and are often ill-proportioned.

I check labels now as much as possible and a “Fabrique en China” label, and as far as I can determine, is a no-go for me.

The bigger travesty is the medicine issue.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Face Mask Irony - 05/09/20
Originally Posted by Partagas
One of the guys still at work is 72 he still has a flip phone and with help just made his first online purchase a few months ago. He doesn't text and is your classic old curmudgeon.

One of the Jitterbug old folks' phones, that doesn't have anything but a big ON button and a keypad? LOL my wife threatens to get me one of those every time I cuss out my phone. She says I could carry it in my pocket with my Fallen and Can't Get Up clicker...
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Face Mask Irony - 05/09/20
Originally Posted by Partagas
I laughed and thought of my dad and many of the recently retired guys I worked with. They are clueless when it cones to buying things in a grocery store or Walmart etc because the wife always took care of all that. They rarely buy anything unless it's at a hardware store. And then most likely they are buying at least some things from China.

The fact he is on an internet forum shows some promise though. One of the guys still at work is 72 he still has a flip phone and with help just made his first online purchase a few months ago. He doesn't text and is your classic old curmudgeon.

Wow! 72 and still working! I’ll be 72 next month and still work full time. Surprisingly enough, I even use computers and I’m doing this on an iPhone. Probably knock your socks off to see me programming a CNC machine or coordinate measuring machine, not to mention an optical scanner or 3D printer. Are you ready for this: I even have sex on a regular basis (although seldom more than once a day anymore) I do get a kick out of some of you young wippersnappers.
Posted By: huntstat Re: Face Mask Irony - 05/09/20
I have an older neighbor, sweet lady, who says all she needs is a "pocket phone with just two keys (each key just a bit smaller than a floor tile) with CHILD on one key and AMBULANCE on the other". Doesn't care for the "fancy smancy" phone her daughter gave her.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Face Mask Irony - 05/09/20
Originally Posted by huntstat
I have an older neighbor, sweet lady, who says all she needs is a "pocket phone with just two keys (each key just a bit smaller than a floor tile) with CHILD on one key and AMBULANCE on the other". Doesn't care for the "fancy smancy" phone her daughter gave her.

[Linked Image from i.imgflip.com]
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Face Mask Irony - 05/09/20
What do the Chinese do during erections?

They vote.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Face Mask Irony - 05/10/20

Really. I look at the label. If it states Made in China, I don’t buy it.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Face Mask Irony - 05/10/20

check your underwear, pants, socks & shoes.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Face Mask Irony - 05/14/20
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

check your underwear, pants, socks & shoes.

Vietnam on the pants
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Face Mask Irony - 05/14/20

That’s a start for this point in time. A bunch of ‘every little bits ‘ will add up and become noticeable.

I think that’s what you were alluding to, you’re right.
© 24hourcampfire