Home
One of the radio stations out of Philthydelphia that I can pick up on the jobsite has IMO crossed a line. They are referring to those working during the shutdown such as grocery clerks, sanitation workers, etc as ESSENTIAL HUMANS!!!! WTF so those who were forced to be off by the tyrannical Guv's orders are now not important as human beings?? Thought the calling of said people as "heroes" was bad enough but this is nonsense!
Lots of “essentials” out here are pissed.
Their hours have been cut, but not laidoff.

Meanwhile “non-essential” folk are sitting home drinking beer and collecting $1200 - $1400 a week.

It’s pretty fugked.
I am not justifying all who are working as truly "essential", but:
- suppose grocery stores were closed - where would you buy your food?
- suppose sanitation workers were off - who'd pick up your garbage or kill the rats feeding on it?

The issue is an "essential job", not an essential human being. Of course, in Colorado, golf courses have been deemed essential, so employees are working.
Lol, it's probably some SJW bullchit about refering to them in the demeaning term of "worker".
They're not essential workers! They're essential human beings!
Kinda like how they won't call illegal aliens what they are.
Essential here but could give a darn what I'm refered as.
Not to worry, comrade..... We will ascertain who is deemed to be essential and who is non-essential. Now the rest of you sheep shut up; get back indoors, and await your next instructions.
I’m a “key business” there for essential had a man tell me the other day to lay myself off and draw the $900 a week so far I’ve kept the family fed working for less and will continue to
Originally Posted by djs
- suppose sanitation workers were off - who'd pick up your garbage or kill the rats feeding on it?

The issue is an "essential job", not an essential human being. Of course, in Colorado, golf courses have been deemed essential, so employees are working.

Meh. Considered all that early on and had no worries.

Food on the shelves and in the freezer. Check.

Someone else taking care of one’s trash?? Huh. What a concept.
Been essential and making good money. Thanks.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Been essential and making good money. Thanks.

Same my whole life.

I've never been upset by being in position to deliver productive value creating work. No one with an eye for the long term ever would be, as the gibs will always run out.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Lots of “essentials” out here are pissed.
Their hours have been cut, but not laidoff.

Meanwhile “non-essential” folk are sitting home drinking beer and collecting $1200 - $1400 a week.

It’s pretty fugked.

Its completely and utterly fugked is right.
People that use that term don't understand how our economy works.
Originally Posted by djs

^^^This stupid fugk is a good example.^^^
I keep hearing about all the people laid off. But I don't know any. Everybody in my family and I mean everybody that was working is still working at the same jobs. I can say the same thing about all my friends. Not one has lost a dime in pay. But then I don't know any baristas at Starbucks or people that work in occupations like that.
My 17 year old 11th grade part time waitress was deemed "non-essential".

She didn't want to apply for unemployment, said it "wasn't right, and she
didn't need it?" (Proud dad emoji here)

However, as this drug on, and Dad watched the low wage people
get UC+$600t week. Maximum food stamps, now kids on the
free lunch program are getting $5+/day since the school closed.
Did I mention they are also getting max food stamps? Wal-Mart and
Lowes selling out of Tv's due to stimulate. The Gov giving money
like they are pouring pizz out of a gum boot.

I made her sign up. Now, considering deductions and the
differences in taxes, she will get more money per week than
her mom or I earn. A good saver already, she knows this is
all going to be earmarked for education.
Where we get the 1200-1400 dollars per from?
Originally Posted by marktheshark
One of the radio stations out of Philthydelphia that I can pick up on the jobsite has IMO crossed a line. They are referring to those working during the shutdown such as grocery clerks, sanitation workers, etc as ESSENTIAL HUMANS!!!! WTF so those who were forced to be off by the tyrannical Guv's orders are now not important as human beings?? Thought the calling of said people as "heroes" was bad enough but this is nonsense!

Well, they should be grateful for not being called "Expendable Humans".
Originally Posted by djs

All who work have a job essential to them.

If they pay taxes, like most conservatives, they are essential for the survival of your dimocrap buds.
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Where we get the 1200-1400 dollars per from?

State and Feds.

Max benefit is $790 from the state and the extra $600 the feds just decided to throw in. $1390 a week.
© 24hourcampfire